Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RevKrule posted:

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. I was combining the two announcements (Season 7 + "Returning Summer 2019").

Interesting they got a renewal this early, they've been a bubble show for the past few years and had their budget slashed hard.

I read a couple weeks ago that AoS was the most watched comic book show when time-shifting is taken into account. Obv there’s no official Netflix numbers, and I don’t remember the source so take that with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Proteus Jones posted:

I read a couple weeks ago that AoS was the most watched comic book show when time-shifting is taken into account. Obv there’s no official Netflix numbers, and I don’t remember the source so take that with a grain of salt.

I'm fully willing to believe a primetime action drama on ABC has more viewers than anything on CW. But it's how well they do against other network primetime action dramas on the other networks that matters. It's not if AoS beats Arrow or Supergirl, it's how it does against NCIS or SVU or whatever Chicago based medical drama is on NBC at the moment.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 17, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/1063545554846703616

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Huh. I wonder if it'll still have the hockey stuff or they change it to football or something

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scaramouche posted:

Huh. I wonder if it'll still have the hockey stuff or they change it to football or something

I haven't read the comic but Hockey is mainstream enough there wouldn't be a major need to change it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ToastyPotato posted:

He was still tied to the Hackman version, though I thought he was definitely a step in the right direction. That movie was way too slavishly devoted to the Donner films though, imo.

When I heard Kevin Spacey was gonna be Lex Luthor it sounded like an awesome casting for an iconic villain, but then in the movie he's just doing another real estate scheme and hamming it up like it's the goshdang 80s. That movie sucked.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno if Lemire would allow anyone to remove any Canadiana from his stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

I dunno if Lemire would allow anyone to remove any Canadiana from his stuff.

And they'll probably be filming there anyways.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Gripweed posted:

What is with this white Luthor poo poo?

Seriously, was Idris Elba busy ?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

mllaneza posted:

Seriously, was Idris Elba busy ?

Probably.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No I'm sure famous movie star idris elba has nothing better to do than part time on a cw show

site fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 17, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Idris Elba is great, but I think it's time to switch over to mahershala ali as the only black actor nerds can think of.

mahershala ali should be Lex Luthor.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Skwirl posted:

I haven't read the comic but Hockey is mainstream enough there wouldn't be a major need to change it.

I dunno, Check, Please! has several notes on how Hockey works which I didn't really pay attention to as it's irrelevant to the story, and it was aimed at a North American audience.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Gripweed posted:

mahershala ali should be Lex Luthor.

Ironically if you've seen Mike Coulter in The Good Wife, he'd be a great Lex as well.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Colin Salmon should be Luthor.

Proof:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Colin Salmon should be Luthor.

Proof:

He's Ollie's stepfather and that cross universe different person thing would be a great reaction from Ollie.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Personally I'm thinking Lance Reddick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not going to complain, Cryer has an actual Superman lineage and Supergirl revels in that poo poo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Luthor should always be the most lily white person you can cast because he's a stand in, now more than ever, for Trump and people who think like him. He's a rich corporate rear end in a top hat with no empathy, who's only love is for money and power, who hates immigrants because he's terrified by them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

Not sure why you empty quoted me, I'll take it as a compliment.

Quick survey:
What's your favorite color?
How did you like Serinda Swan's perfomance in the TV show inhumans?
What's the best way to prepare eggs?
What is your bank pin?
Was Anson Mount better as Black Bolt?
What's your shoe size?
Name of your favorite childhood pet?

Edit: Aww I didn't refresh and now I feel like an idiot who makes a joke about the previous page.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 17, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Luthor should always be the most lily white person you can cast because he's a stand in, now more than ever, for Trump and people who think like him. He's a rich corporate rear end in a top hat with no empathy, who's only love is for money and power, who hates immigrants because he's terrified by them.

Bullshit, Lex Luthor is a goddamned genius who actually built his way up from nothing into an empire. It's insulting to compare Trump to Luthor because Trump is a failure in everything he has ever done.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
They both won the presidential run of the US despite being the worst option anyone could pick, that's good enough for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Luthor helped win an intergalactic war while in office.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Trump is also waging war against aliens

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Trump hates everyone who isnt rich and white. Brown people terrify him. Lex is chill with all races except for Kryptonians.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Iron Fist finally becomes good. for like three minutes at the end of the last episode of the last season

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Bullshit, Lex Luthor is a goddamned genius who actually built his way up from nothing into an empire. It's insulting to compare Trump to Luthor because Trump is a failure in everything he has ever done.

Lex inherited everything from his daddy Lionel though.

Also how many times has Lex succeeded at killing Superman? Seems like a failure to me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

No I'm sure famous movie star idris elba has nothing better to do than part time on a cw show

I want to say that was a joke based on the common nerd tendency to suggest Elba for basically every role under the sun but then, well, people do suggest him for every role under the sun, so maybe that was a legit comment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Lex inherited everything from his daddy Lionel though.

In one version only.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

In one version only.

Judging from the flashbacks to Lena and Lex's childhood we've seen on Supergirl, you can make that two versions.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I get the impression that both of Luthor's parents in Supergirl were supervillains as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Quick survey:
What's your favorite color?
What's the best way to prepare eggs?
What is your bank pin?
What's your shoe size?
Name of your favorite childhood pet?

Edit: Aww I didn't refresh and now I feel like an idiot who makes a joke about the previous page.

Green
Smoked Salmon Florentine
Nice try
I had a hermit crab when I was 5, don't remember the name

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Skwirl posted:

Odd name for a cat but there ya go.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

Green
Smoked Salmon Florentine
Nice try

The results of the survey are in.
You're a crellbragg.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, I really like the version of Luthor who actually is successful and brilliant, worked his way from nothing, and loved by everyone. But then Superman comes along and Luthor goes loving crazy because he can't deal with suddenly being number 2.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Yeah, I really like the version of Luthor who actually is successful and brilliant, worked his way from nothing, and loved by everyone. But then Superman comes along and Luthor goes loving crazy because he can't deal with suddenly being number 2.

At best Luthor is Jeff Bezos and should still be white because he's the personification of capitalism and corporate greed.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Another issue I have with the casting is that Cryer looks like he could be Lena's dad. I was kind of expecting someone in the age range of the rest of the cast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

Another issue I have with the casting is that Cryer looks like he could be Lena's dad. I was kind of expecting someone in the age range of the rest of the cast.

Again why I was pulling for Rosenbaum. We just got to see him in August and he looks almost exactly the same as he did from his Smallville days (cept for hair).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

Jon Cryer is a little too close in age to Brenda Strong (Lillian Luthor) but remember everyone from Superman's side is supposed to be much older than the Supergirl cast because he's been active for closer to 15 years already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Lex always goes on about human potential and pushing yourself or some other boot straps bullshit. Trump can't think about anything that isn't Trump based. Lex doesn't need to be loved, Trump has a sociopathic need to be loved.

Anyway, I am powering through season 3 of Daredevil and I skipped all the spoilers pages ago but I just want to know if anyone else found the origin story for Poindexter to be one of the most boring episodes ever committed to film?