Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Bosch posted:

Comrades, I need to know if anyone's done a mashup of Seven and Detective Pikachu

I didn't know I needed this in my life until now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
What's in the ball?!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

What's in the ball?!

Pee. I mean, duh.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Here's a free 20 cents for purchasing poo poo beer.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MesUpmhPbEE

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

This is fantastic work.

this got looked over during the wholesome meme thing but it's just fantastic

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Warbird posted:

Can one of you meme lords post the version of this with Kennedy from Clone High?

Always.

https://twitter.com/bunnynaut/status/1058892061032689664?s=21

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Thank you sir!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Kuros posted:

Here's a free 20 cents for purchasing poo poo beer.

Well, the way you have to look at it is that you were going to purchase the poo poo beer in the first place, so it's a win. Somehow.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

This wasn't true when that whole New Sincerity movement started, hasn't been true every couple years it is re-postulated, probably isn't true now...

...doesn't mean I don't hope that I'm wrong this time.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

mysterious frankie posted:

This wasn't true when that whole New Sincerity movement started, hasn't been true every couple years it is re-postulated, probably isn't true now...

New Sincerity's duty is to be a tiny, beloved candle flickering in the darkness, a point of light to guide you and comfort you, sometimes dim, sometimes distant, never extinguished. If it gets big something has gone wrong.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's a difference in the power of the words you tell yourself versus the words someone else says. sometimes it helps to hear someone else tell you you're capable of good things.

it's why fred rogers is so loved, he said the stuff kids needed to be told.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

mysterious frankie posted:

It's definitely a thing I've noticed in myself and my social circle, but I think it's more of a growing older thing than any kind of social movement.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

there's a difference in the power of the words you tell yourself versus the words someone else says. sometimes it helps to hear someone else tell you you're capable of good things.

it's why fred rogers is so loved, he said the stuff kids needed to be told.

That's all well and good but what I need are some big fuckin animals being described as C H O N K B O I or H E F T Y C H I L D

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Wikipedia's timeline of the future shows increased solar luminosity causing CO2 stoppage making photosynthesis impossible in under 600M.

Ironically, fossil fuel reserves could be replenished in as little as 50M years, so don't worry, theoretical far future rat ppl will be genociding each other for coal and oil just fine!

There will be no rat ppl, human level intelligence plus environmental manipulation tools (hands) plus stable enough environment to build sedentary societies seems really unlike to pop up again before everything goes blooey, given that it appears to have popped up exactly once so far.

Twice, surely? The Neanderthals look pretty sapient from what we can tell.

Anything surviving the human extinction would have a big leg up too since there are lots of species that are already like 90% there what with being multi-cellular and having a brain and stuff. Look at our closest surviving relatives: chimps and bonobos. Pretty smart. But are they waaay smarter than corvids, parrots, cetaceans, or even loving octopuses? Once we're out of the way it's just a matter of time until they discovery irony and memes.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's definitely a thing I've noticed in myself and my social circle, but I think it's more of a growing older thing than any kind of social movement.

Cynicism fatigue.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Sincerity has a bigger place in pop culture recently, too. Just look at any of Michael Schur's shows, starting with Parks and Rec. The people who like them list the overall positivity and lack of cynicism as one of the best parts.

Not that sarcastic detachment isn't the main form of humor on TV still.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sincerity has a bigger place in pop culture recently, too.

It's increasingly what small, cute indie games trade on. Undertale wrecked shop primarily by being a metanarrative text about the impact of being nice and making friends with actual, not-video-game people; A Night In The Woods is an inexplicably compelling game about the raw experience of dealing with serious loving depression in a small, lovely, dying midwestern town.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Somfin posted:

It's increasingly what small, cute indie games trade on. Undertale wrecked shop primarily by being a metanarrative text about the impact of being nice and making friends with actual, not-video-game people; A Night In The Woods is an inexplicably compelling game about the raw experience of dealing with serious loving depression in a small, lovely, dying midwestern town.

I'm also gonna throw wandersong in this pile, it's real good and has a real commitment to sincere happiness.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Sincerity has a bigger place in pop culture recently, too. Just look at any of Michael Schur's shows, starting with Parks and Rec. The people who like them list the overall positivity and lack of cynicism as one of the best parts.

Not that sarcastic detachment isn't the main form of humor on TV still.

It's what hooked me on This Is Us, it is absurdly optimistic even when things are not going well.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Samuringa posted:

It's what hooked me on This Is Us, it is absurdly optimistic even when things are not going well.

Didn't the one brother get so sad that he somehow went temporarily blind? That's hardly optimistic.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Forced cheeriness and emotional over-sharing is far more saddening than edgy cynicism. It always has a certain desperate quality to it.

Anyway, here's the worst thing I've seen in a while

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Dzhay posted:

wtf is this nerd poo poo

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

you must go from this place

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

That's just a college bro.

We keep pallets of Keystone and Natty on-hand during football season because the rich frats around here buy 30pks 50 at a time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dzhay posted:

Forced cheeriness and emotional over-sharing is far more saddening than edgy cynicism. It always has a certain desperate quality to it.

It's actually really good.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Who What Now posted:

Didn't the one brother get so sad that he somehow went temporarily blind? That's hardly optimistic.

It was one of the best moments of the season when the absolute gently caress up went running to aid him.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://i.imgur.com/qsY4hxz.mp4

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dzhay posted:

I loving love these kind of jokes when they end in an awkward aporia. Basically cut this off after the bartender castigates them for thinking limits are advanced maths and you've got exactly my kind of joke. The mosquito bit is really forced and kinda dumb

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Heh heh heh, I bet that joke would've been real funny if I passed the ninth grade.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That joke reminded me of this one:

quote:

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.
One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.
Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.
At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: "Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!" The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying "Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!" As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. "It'ssss me you want!". And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.
The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence
Welcome to the Republican party :smugdog:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I think this might be the first Smash Bro meme that I can get down to.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1063721655573319680

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh god, this is one of those moments when you realize you're old, isn't it? When I was in school my parents whined that they weren't taught the algebra and precalculus that I was being taught, so I was on my own. Now my kids are going to be learning the calculus that I was being taught in college when they're only sophomores in high school?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

This is just painfully unfunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I don't like that "This daddy of a dragon" is a sentence that exists but I cannot say it is wrong.