Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kelly prefers DC to Marvel and Star Trek to Star Wars because he has horrible taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Lurdiak posted:

Kelly prefers DC to Marvel and Star Trek to Star Wars because he has horrible taste.

Whoa hey there, let's not say things we can't take back.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I thought the joke was Kelly exaggerating minor things like his taste in pop culture to Major Political Issues with only One True America-Loving Patriotic American answer.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

I think the confusion over what the joke might be indicates that the joke sucks. Can we move on to less terrible comics now?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Evil Mastermind posted:

If I had to guess, it started with people not realizing that Rorcharch isn't someone you're suppose to admire and kinda branching out from there.

e: please tell me that tag team's name is the Skrull Kill Crew.

They announce them coming into the ring. They're the "Skrull Kill Krew"

Edit: "I got replaced by a Skrull and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suleman posted:

Oh no, racist pro wrestling gimmicks in 2018.

you can't fool me, that's Inez Temple

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Suleman posted:

I'm making sure I take a "Do good wrestling" sign to all future events

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"3-D Drop" is redundant, come on. And it doesn't look like that at all!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Dead in a month, or superpowers? Could be either.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Suleman posted:

Those aren't Skrulls, but I'm pretty sure they are a couple of dirty tax cheats.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Unkempt posted:

Dead in a month, or superpowers? Could be either.

10:1 on "both."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gavok posted:

Those aren't Skrulls, but I'm pretty sure they are a couple of dirty tax cheats.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
gently caress, that's only rational.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Keeshhound posted:

I know that you're right about how some people misinterpreted that scene, but I do feel compelled to point out (in case anyone comes across it in the wild, I guess) that the whole point of that scene is that A. The Joker wants him to lose his cool and start pummeling him, even going so far as to start laughing at him and saying "You have nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength!" and B. gives them bad information anyway, switching the locations because he thinks it's funny.

The Dark Night is right wing because Batman sets up a massive surveillance system and justifies it with, "This is an emergency and I'm only going to do it this one time."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Patrick Spens posted:

The Dark Night is right wing because Batman sets up a massive surveillance system and justifies it with, "This is an emergency and I'm only going to do it this one time."

The difference (and the main reason the movie is a complete fantasy) is he was telling the truth.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Skwirl posted:

The difference (and the main reason the movie is a complete fantasy) is he was telling the truth.

Comic book heroes being a fascist fantasy isn't a good thing

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I really appreciate when a villain is able to recognize “yep, completely overmatched here, I’m through” without a second thought.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I really appreciate when a villain is able to recognize “yep, completely overmatched here, I’m through” without a second thought.

When he's not dealing with Daredevil Bullseye is one of the more professional of the "freak assassin in a weird outfit" set.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skwirl posted:

When he's not dealing with Daredevil Bullseye is one of the more professional of the "freak assassin in a weird outfit" set.

So, basically the opposite of Mr. Shocker?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I assume Star Trek is part of the parody, because Star Trek is a left-wing highly progressive show that literally shows a communist utopia, but for some reason there's this set of conservative fans who willfully pretend that's not the case.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I think the real reason is just that it's older instead of new Jack star wars (Hollywood call me for the idea I just gave you)

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Suleman posted:

EDIT:
Source: The Unstoppable Wasp (2018) #2

go. hunt. kill skruls.

MEANWHILE

I love comic books so much.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I love the wasp so much. Do you think it’s age appropriate for a 7!year old girl?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm gonna go ahead and say yes since it's a kids book

E: maybe i shouldn't be so flippant, yeah wasp is super cute and fun and a little gay and it's an all ages title that's note or less explicitly targeted at the 6-14yo girl demo so i wouldn't worry about it. Just be sure to get the first two?? trades that came about before the relaunch as well

site fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 16, 2018

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

site posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes since it's a kids book

E: maybe i shouldn't be so flippant, yeah wasp is super cute and fun and a little gay and it's an all ages title that's note or less explicitly targeted at the 6-14yo girl demo so i wouldn't worry about it. Just be sure to get the first two?? trades that came about before the relaunch as well

Oh I was planning too get her trade one to start. Just things like trained assassian, mentioning hank pym past and the head bomb. Yeah since it’s targeting that age she will have a wasp Christmas

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Don't mess with the Hulk.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Bullseye and Taskmaster and dudes who are all "I'm just in this for the money, no need for grandstanding ideals if they land you in traction" are Great.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Bad Touch Hulk is not the hero we need.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
It's why I've always loved the Shocker when he's written well. He's just in it for the money, he has one of the best victory/defeat records out of any Spider-Man villain and he's generally an alright dude outside of the whole super-villain thing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TGG posted:

It's why I've always loved the Shocker when he's written well. He's just in it for the money, he has one of the best victory/defeat records out of any Spider-Man villain and he's generally an alright dude outside of the whole super-villain thing.

I like the bit from New Thunderbolts where he convinces Speed Demon (who's ostensibly trying to go straight) to help him knock over an armoured car. They get the money, Speed Demon gets his cut and leaves, then the police arrive and Shocker realises he's been set up, then he realises that Speed Demon ran back in when he wasn't looking, stole the rest of the money and his gauntlets... which Shocker then realises means there was no way they could prove he'd done the robbery and he'll probably get off with time served. His response is basically, "Okay, I'll give you that one, you oval office."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Greg Land is a criminal

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How to make Gambit relevant again

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 17, 2018

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Say Nothing posted:

This will lead to a beans diet where, "It not you, it Gambit," has a whole new meaning.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maker got Fridge'd by Eddie Brock

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Gavok posted:

This will lead to a beans diet where, "It not you, it Gambit," has a whole new meaning.
Mind-read by Prof. X or Jean, with a report that "He's thinking about those beans."

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Darthemed posted:

Mind-read by Prof. X or Jean, with a report that "He's thinking about those beans."

:hmmyes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Say Nothing posted:

I like the idea of the explosiveness of Gambit's projectiles depending on whichever object he is throwing. In fact, they should retcon his powers, that poo poo with charging stuff with kinetic energy or whatever never made much sense. Make it so that Gambit unleashes each object's individual explosive potential, or opens its connection to explodimension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Grendels Dad posted:

I like the idea of the explosiveness of Gambit's projectiles depending on whichever object he is throwing. In fact, they should retcon his powers, that poo poo with charging stuff with kinetic energy or whatever never made much sense. Make it so that Gambit unleashes each object's individual explosive potential, or opens its connection to explodimension.

Huh. For some reason I thought Gambit's power was simply to convert matter into energy, not charge stuff up.