Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
Can I get an invite for @LadGalahad and @ResidualToast ? Looks like the old guild is long dead, and the mount event got us playing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sunsetaware posted:

My arrogant mage alternates between the Telvanni Magister and the Duchess personality, and she's fabulous.

Magister is pretty much standard on my magsorcs

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Does Custom Idle Animations allow for user made presets or something? It seems interesting, but very complicated, at least based on the description.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Annath posted:

Does Custom Idle Animations allow for user made presets or something? It seems interesting, but very complicated, at least based on the description.

You basically just make a list of all the emotes you want it to use, then assign each one a weighting for the randomizer. It’s pretty simple, and you can make several different lists if you want for different situations or moods.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

"Voyage to the Moon" cosplay lookin' good.

Also thanks for the Custom Idle Animations plug, I did not know how badly I needed this.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The only problem with custom animations that I’ve had is it becomes impossible to sit in a chair when I’m always jumping up to eat a turkey leg or some silly jester move.

Still worth it.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

After complaining in the discord about how messed up weaving is, I realized that my problem wasn't weaving, it was trying to alternate my finger and thumb on the same hand for those abilities.* I decided to see if I could separate out the combat keybind to help with weaving, and this worked out - if anyone else has same-hand coordination problems, give this a shot:

Rebind Attack to "E" (This is what I have used for my spammable abilities in other MMOs.)
Rebind Interact with Environment to Right-Click (This emulates other, older MMORPGs in terms of interaction.)
Rebind Block to Left Click (Left Click doesn't do anything anymore, and keeping it on left click still enables left click + right click interrupt.)

:catstare: Killing things is so much faster now.

*I had a hand injury that involved nerve damage as a kid and, while it's not enough to super impair me now, it still makes thumb + finger coordination harder than left hand / right hand coordination.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Snowy posted:

The only problem with custom animations that I’ve had is it becomes impossible to sit in a chair when I’m always jumping up to eat a turkey leg or some silly jester move.

Still worth it.

Don't think it's supposed to do that? But I think there's a toggle keybind you can set.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
I want to buy 4x Mother's Sorrow gold rings, can any of you pvp nerds give me a good deal? :P

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

Just picked this up. Enjoying it so far. Can I get an invite for @chocopug to the EU (PC) guild please?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I thought I remembered someone saying that you can be in multiple guilds simultaneously.

1. Is that correct?
2. If so, is there a benefit to it?
3. If there is, what's a good one to join if I'm already in the Goon Guild?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
You can be in five guilds simultaneously.

Divine Design Alliance is my favorite non-goon guild, for people who are really into housing. Also they consistently have a guild trader these days (usually in Clockwork City).

If you want to join a guild that has a trader in a choice spot and doesn't require donations or a sales quota, I recommend trying to get into (sigh) Kitty Rainbow Dash when they have vacancies. I've also heard good things about Scheming Skeever Imports, and they have a much better name.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Annath posted:

I thought I remembered someone saying that you can be in multiple guilds simultaneously.
3. If there is, what's a good one to join if I'm already in the Goon Guild?

It really depends what you want to do in the game. There are general purpose guilds out there, but most of them focus heavily on a particular aspect of ESO; PVP, Trials, Guild Store, Fishing, RP, etc. Like Roller says, you get 5 slots, so you can join and try out several. Don't feel like you're stuck in a guild, either, they're easy to leave if they aren't for you.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
There are fishing guilds?!

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
I'm not a member but I see a guild called DTF Down To Fish advertise on PC NA and it makes me lol every time I see the name

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Ligament posted:

I'm not a member but I see a guild called DTF Down To Fish advertise on PC NA and it makes me lol every time I see the name

I'm in that guild.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
i want to join but I'm busy enough plunking away at quests and I don't want to be sucked down the hole (fishing hole)

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Ligament posted:

i want to join but I'm busy enough plunking away at quests and I don't want to be sucked down the hole (fishing hole)

I've barely done any fishing while in it, it's just mainly people chilling out. If you want an invite just let me know.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Sure, I'd like an invite. I'm at 4/5 guilds, and I don't see myself ever joining a trials guild or anything.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I've mostly been playing alone but might as well check out guilds. @grandfromage, invites to NA goon guild and fishing guild would be cool.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JadaX posted:

I want to buy 4x Mother's Sorrow gold rings, can any of you pvp nerds give me a good deal? :P

For you? 500k

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I love those Khajiit helmets, and I wish people would use them more. Only reason I haven't is they fit very badly on Argonian heads.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Best benefit to multiple guilds is you have more people you can freely port to.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
My newest lizard fashionistas, magplar and stam dk, respectively.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Scyantific posted:

For you? 500k

Don't be like that Scy :(

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

somethingawful bf posted:

Best benefit to multiple guilds is you have more people you can freely port to.

The first few non goon guilds I joined were just so I could use that port add on with big guilds and fly around wherever I wanted.

Now I’m about pretty houses and finding funny people. And seriously, if any of you know some cool entertaining guilds that are just great for wisecracks and don’t necessarily have traders or whatever please pm me- that’s all I really care about.

Oh yeah Skeevers are great, DDA too.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Primal lizards are good!

I really like this one in particular. A Dunmer in search of their identity.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JadaX posted:

Don't be like that Scy :(

Gotta fund my alcoholic lizard builds somehow :(

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I bought this yesterday and it finally finished downloading. The OP is from 2016, is the advice still up to date?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Stamsorc eyeing the horizon.

"It's gon' storm!"

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

The mortal thinks it can defy me

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
How many of those event tickets do you need for the mount?

I did a daily quest in the Clockwork City and got... 2

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Annath posted:

How many of those event tickets do you need for the mount?

I did a daily quest in the Clockwork City and got... 2

10 tickets for a feather, and you need 4 feathers

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Can I get an invite to guild @funmanguy1

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Did you get the halloween feather? If not, you missed it forever.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Aramek posted:

Actually you can still buy it. They designed it so that you can catch up in later events, which give you more than the necessary number of tickets.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Oceanbound posted:

Actually you can still buy it. They designed it so that you can catch up in later events, which give you more than the necessary number of tickets.

Oh good, because these 2 feathers are the first I've gotten.

Do I get more each day, or just 2 feathers per event?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Annath posted:

Oh good, because these 2 feathers are the first I've gotten.

Do I get more each day, or just 2 feathers per event?

You get 2 tickets each day. You collect 10 tickets and buy a feather with them. The Halloween event had 1 feather, this CWC event has 1, but you can still buy the Halloween one if you have enough tickets. You can collect 2 tickets right now per day from the first CWC daily quest you complete.

The next event will be Undaunted celebration, which will give you 3 tickets per day when you complete your first dungeon of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Aramek posted:

For shame, sir!