Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zotix posted:

So one of the twitch people for this game said they just did a review video for an upcoming game that comes our Nov 30th that is a Final Fantasy / monster hunter hybrid. He can't put the video out until the 30th because of nda. He said it was amazing though. There's also another star trek gacha game coming out around the last week of November as well.

Oh man, I hope it's another Gacha type game like FF:BE. I spent so much time playing that game and no other Gacha has caught my attention since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zotix posted:

So one of the twitch people for this game said they just did a review video for an upcoming game that comes our Nov 30th that is a Final Fantasy / monster hunter hybrid. He can't put the video out until the 30th because of nda. He said it was amazing though.

My first thought was Final Fantasy Explorers-Force, but that just came out in Japan in March, so I don't think the localization would happen that fast...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kheldarn posted:

My first thought was Final Fantasy Explorers-Force, but that just came out in Japan in March, so I don't think the localization would happen that fast...

Epic7 only came out in like August in Korea, and it's global version just launched.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Schubalts posted:

Epic7 only came out in like August in Korea, and it's global version just launched.
Looks like there's a patch incoming today that's switching the banner to a new unit, tank Cecilia. Also includes a side story for Destina: "As the power of Fire grows weaker, Destina, the Spirit Lord of Light, begins her investigation to maintain balance in the world". I think Destina is from Dark Souls.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Epic Seven question - what does Purifying the Abyss do? I can collect a reward, but does it reset my progress?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

New Leaf posted:

Epic Seven question - what does Purifying the Abyss do? I can collect a reward, but does it reset my progress?

It won't reset progress. You use it when you're unable to progress any further.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Rapner posted:

Seeing there isn't a guild yet I made one. Behold 'GoonSquad', because I am terrible at names and it only allows 9 characters.
Applied as SyrinxxSA, thank you kind sirs

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
Saw that there is some free space, so applied as Guacboii.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

mrkillboy posted:

A beta version of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is out on the Play Store.

Oh jesus, I really don't remember NWN being that ugly.

Games are aging real fast.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Funso Banjo posted:

Oh jesus, I really don't remember NWN being that ugly.

Games are aging real fast.

Nwn was definitely ugly and janky when it came out

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Presteign posted:

Looks like there's a patch incoming today that's switching the banner to a new unit, tank Cecilia. Also includes a side story for Destina: "As the power of Fire grows weaker, Destina, the Spirit Lord of Light, begins her investigation to maintain balance in the world". I think Destina is from Dark Souls.

I got lucky and got Cecilia in a small handful of single pulls.

What's the best 4* fodder to feed to Ras and my other 4* (Cidd) that I want to promote? I did get one Giga-Phantasma that's at 4*, and am debating if any of my other random 4*s are worth sacrificing (Purrgis, Lots, Angelica, Mercedes). I suppose leveling Megas from 20 to 30 and promoting those might work.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
SEGA Heroes, a match 3 game featuring all your favorite Sega characters, came out recently.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Star Ocean Anamnesis is having another nier automata colab and after whiffing terribly on the last ones gacha banner I rolled 3 times, each roll gave me a different nier character so now I have the full set.

They also posted their update plan schedule and mentioned that they weren't going to gently caress around with upgrade materials on our version, which initially got them a lot of flack after they began cutting back heavily on those mats.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

delfin posted:

I got lucky and got Cecilia in a small handful of single pulls.

What's the best 4* fodder to feed to Ras and my other 4* (Cidd) that I want to promote? I did get one Giga-Phantasma that's at 4*, and am debating if any of my other random 4*s are worth sacrificing (Purrgis, Lots, Angelica, Mercedes). I suppose leveling Megas from 20 to 30 and promoting those might work.

Don't feed nat 4s, just level up nat 3s to 4* and use them as food to promote. You can level food pretty fast right now in the Destina story event.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

SEGA Heroes, a match 3 game featuring all your favorite Sega characters, came out recently.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I have to ask... Do you have ANY idea when Stardew Valley is coming out for God's chosen mobile platform here?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I have to ask... Do you have ANY idea when Stardew Valley is coming out for God's chosen mobile platform here?

What do you mean, it's already out on Vita.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
The last none boss puzzle for Pixel Puzzle Collection has a cute description

:3:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Alas I only know as much as you do.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Presteign posted:

I seriously lucked out by getting both Ravi and Destina on my third reroll, and then picked up Cecilia on a yolo. Now I barely have time to play at all :gonk:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

overseer07 posted:

I seriously lucked out by getting both Ravi and Destina on my third reroll, and then picked up Cecilia on a yolo. Now I barely have time to play at all :gonk:

I gave myself one roll on the Cecilia banner and she dropped. By far the best luck I've ever had with gacha had been this game as I have Destina and Sez too.

Not sure if Cecilia will be good or not but I subbed her in for Mercedes(Destina, Sez, Cecilia, Carmainerose).

What time is the daily reset?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

We really need an Epic Seven thread.

I got my one and only dupe of a 4-star. Should I just squish them together like I have been with 3-stars, or save it for something else. Its Schuri so definitely nobody earth shattering.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

If you might want to use him at some point, use the dupe to enhance your original's formation bonus. If you know you will never use him, use the dupe as fodder to promote someone else to 5*.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Schubalts posted:

If you might want to use him at some point, use the dupe to enhance your original's formation bonus. If you know you will never use him, use the dupe as fodder to promote someone else to 5*.

My Mercedes is ready for a bump, I use her fairly often.. Think she's worth it? I don't know anything about the state of the game in Korea or wherever. My next options would be Cidd or Rose.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Starting off Epic Seven with Destina, but no 4* or 5* damage dealer has been a chore. I've finally gotten to a point where the game is starting to be fun, but I wouldn't recommend starting out with just Destina. At least without understanding that the beginning will be a grind. Not that it's hard, you are effectively unkillable. It just takes so drat long to do anything.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Don't fuse dupes into each other, at least not initially. Use them to promote your unit to the next tier. They count as both promotion material and memory imprint at the same time.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Gears Pop!, the unholy combination of Gears of War, Funko Pops and Clash Royale has popped up on the Play Store. I assume its in a region limited soft launch somewhere, so its not available for everyone just yet.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

New Leaf posted:

We really need an Epic Seven thread.

I got my one and only dupe of a 4-star. Should I just squish them together like I have been with 3-stars, or save it for something else. Its Schuri so definitely nobody earth shattering.

Just use wolves. It's a huge waste to feed any characters into others and Schuri, in particular, is one of those good heroes that gives everyone more turns so he is worth using.

Beyond that, the first choice to upgrade (with wolves) would be Cidd, he is top tier and counters all those Sez people spend days trying to reroll.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

New Leaf posted:

My Mercedes is ready for a bump, I use her fairly often.. Think she's worth it? I don't know anything about the state of the game in Korea or wherever. My next options would be Cidd or Rose.

People say multi-target mages "aren't as worth it" because they don't hit bosses as hard as single-target warriors or thieves do.

Every server is running the same version, which is resulting in some worries about limited characters that came out before the non-Korean versions launched.

Amniotic
Jan 23, 2008

Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

There is a single target red mage who hits like a truck.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Anyone played Warhammer:AoS yet? I'm a sucker for CCGs. Is this one any good?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Schubalts posted:

People say multi-target mages "aren't as worth it" because they don't hit bosses as hard as single-target warriors or thieves do.

Every server is running the same version, which is resulting in some worries about limited characters that came out before the non-Korean versions launched.

A caveat to that, I've found Baal and Sezan to be more helpful right now than Kiris or Carmainrose. Even against bosses since B&S can poison. They might not scale as well late game, but at least right now I've found them to be my most helpful unit other than Destina.

If a mage is putting in work for you, I think it's worth raising them a bit since they can help you raise other units much easier in the future.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Trihugger posted:

A caveat to that, I've found Baal and Sezan to be more helpful right now than Kiris or Carmainrose. Even against bosses since B&S can poison. They might not scale as well late game, but at least right now I've found them to be my most helpful unit other than Destina.

If a mage is putting in work for you, I think it's worth raising them a bit since they can help you raise other units much easier in the future.

Poison will always scale well against bosses since it does damage based on a flat % of the target's max HP, probably 5%. They'll likely slowly start introducing poison-immune bosses sometime down the road though.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Kiris also needs her 3* awakening to be worth a drat. So if youre comparing the base version of her it's no wonder you're not impressed.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I saw that there was a slot in the guild so I applied (as Milward)

Any opinion on what are must-haves from the battle even store? I figured the catalysts and bookmarks where good to get at least.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Can one of you guys make an Evil 7 thread with an OP that summarizes this stuff please? I want to play the cool game and a concise little goon starter guide would be great.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

Can one of you guys make an Evil 7 thread with an OP that summarizes this stuff please? I want to play the cool game and a concise little goon starter guide would be great.

Once the thread hits like 3 full pages of domination by a single gacha game that everyone will stop playing in 3 months, a new thread should be automatically made.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Obligatory please donate in the epic 7 guild and ask for poo poo, every if you don't need it :parrot:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

mrkillboy posted:

Anyone else playing this? It seems to get grindy very quickly.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Rapner posted:

Obligatory please donate in the epic 7 guild and ask for poo poo, every if you don't need it :parrot:

Yes make more spots for us poor goons out in the cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Has anyone tried the NWN port? I bought it but it keeps failing partway through the download...