Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's not over yet!! There's (checks notes), 2.5 volumes left or whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Nate RFB posted:

It's not over yet!! There's (checks notes), 2.5 volumes left or whatever!

yeah this chapter is somewhere in the middle of volume 4 out of 6

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Shishunki Renaissance David-Kun

All the references to Renaissance art are fantastic as always, but the real hit here is Quint and the Jaws poster. :laffo:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrSunshine posted:

Shishunki Renaissance David-Kun

All the references to Renaissance art are fantastic as always, but the real hit here is Quint and the Jaws poster. :laffo:

I want to see David's resurrection animated myself :allears:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hakumei & Mikochi 49

Tiny little sleepover for some tiny little friends :3:

E: whups

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 17, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Jada continues to be stealth best character. Second only to Sen.

I've also had a chance to learn a couple games using Hanafuda cards. The only One I remember and have kept up with though was Koi Koi.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Your link goes to the last page of the chapter.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Sleepy Princess

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
whatever happened to that one series with various mythical creatures as household pets(demon lord, hero, zombie, etc), it was a frequent favorite in this thread and others years ago but seems to have just vanished off the face of the earth

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I think it ended.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

whatever happened to that one series with various mythical creatures as household pets(demon lord, hero, zombie, etc), it was a frequent favorite in this thread and others years ago but seems to have just vanished off the face of the earth

Uchi no Maou Kamimasen yo - It finished around two years ago.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Right, that's the name. Didn't know it ended, guess I'll go finish it! Thanks!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Way of the Househusband
Just an easy going game of volley ball down at the rec center.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This author cannot fail to make me laugh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ah, I was only a few chapters away from the end of the demon king pet manga. A bit of an abrupt ending but a fine one, and the extra chapter was a perfect capstone to it. What a fun, absurd little series.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Coaaab posted:

Hisakata no Oto - I don't quite know what to make of this island slice-of-life tale with supernatural elements yet, but I do know it's something of a gorgeous thing.

Update: It's completely scanlated now at two volumes, which is short with a low-key but still good ending with a possible continuation one day if the author so chooses, and the artwork was magnificent throughout.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
After a rather :sigh:-inducing chapter 10, Davide-kun returns to form in Chapter 11, where he meets a neighbour! Egypt counts as a neighbour to Israel and Judah, right? More works of art are parodied- and not just from Renaissance art this time!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I'm trying to find a surreal manga that I'm pretty sure was recommended in this thread.

It was a collection of short school stories with magical realism, like a nervous girl who retreated into a cocoon, or a girl who shattered into hundreds of tiny versions of herself. There was a girl whose hair and clothes changed pattern depending on how she felt about someone. Googling has not helped me one bit.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Squidster posted:

I'm trying to find a surreal manga that I'm pretty sure was recommended in this thread.

It was a collection of short school stories with magical realism, like a nervous girl who retreated into a cocoon, or a girl who shattered into hundreds of tiny versions of herself. There was a girl whose hair and clothes changed pattern depending on how she felt about someone. Googling has not helped me one bit.

Was it Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Squidster posted:

Sounds like Shuukan Shounen Girl

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
No, although I'll check that out!

This is totally it. Much appreciated!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh my god, I've never read this before. The first chapter is great! Now I've gotta binge the rest of it. Most Excellent :getin:

And a happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
We continue our adventures in the human castle. Demon King and Priest find something unexpected and are quite interested in it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

new Sleepy Princess
We continue our adventures in the human castle. Demon King and Priest find something unexpected and are quite interested in it.

The "Infiltrating Castle Arc" has been the best Sleepy Princess arc so far. Look at her being mortified by her chuunibyou former past. :allears:

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I defeated Princess Suya! :kimchi:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
cromartie high School is back??? how did I never hear about this spin off about the teachers?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Whoa. If Cro High is back, I need to get on that.

Shishunki Renaissance David-kun

Heh. I'm a simple man, I like it whenever Mona Lisa reverts back to her "realistic art" style.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I admit, being able to guess which artwork was going to be parodied as soon as I saw David eat his notes didn't detract from that chapter in the least :allears:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
This was released a week ago and apparently no-one noticed. Because Amazon are terrible at telling people about things they might want to buy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ran and the gray world is outstanding, though it has some...issues.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He said they don't have ginger ale.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Ran and the gray world is outstanding, though it has some...issues.
If memory serves, this one had Ran shapeshift into an older body, some guy falls in love with her. Then found out she's really some kid, but still liked her correct?
fake edit: Still a good series overall.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That is indeed this series. There's a couple other weird bits, but I love the series so much that I imported it years ago. The volumes are so pretty!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m super happy that Ran and the Grey World is getting an English release. It’s probably the prettiest manga I’ve ever read

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Way of the House Husband

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Demon Mom
its really cute when toddlers start to walk, slightly worrying when said toddlers are also covered in razor sharp bits.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Who's the cutest little lethal weapon? you are, yes you are

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That phone gag is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new kitsune spirit

https://mangadex.org/title/28471/kitsune-spirit

I really like that it's been turned into an actual series instead of the little one-offs the author was doing initially. It's adorable.