Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder what the fate of the Inhumans - as a concept - within the MCU will be.

I mean, the interconnectedness of the MCU doesn't actually matter so they could just ignore them and pretend they didn't happen, but there's probably someone who has a clever idea about what to do with them.

They could maybe unify the two ideas and have them as basically two related groups of people with superpowers that are being manipulated to fight each other? Might be a way to develop a storyline for the MCU Xmen that isn't retreading the old Mutant Rights stuff. They can fight a bit, eventually realise they are basically the same, then boom, have an unified team out of whoever is most popular/survives.

They *are* still aiming to do Ms Marvel, so they do need a solution there...

Fangz fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
I will never forget that there is a fully visible city that just appeared on the moon and nobody will EVER mention it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You think that's where the big green guy lives?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I vastly prefer Ruffalo’s Banner/Hulk. Norton played Banner with manic/jittery intensity, but Ruffalo is no less intense, it’s just that in The Avengers his is a Banner who’s stopped fighting. He’s beyond suicidal. He’s completely resigned to his fate, so it’s not a matter of if he’s going to turn into the Hulk, it’s just a matter of when and where. By the time Age of Ultron rolls around, you are starting to see some of that manic energy, because Banner’s actually found hope again, and he’s desperately terrified of losing it again. Then you’ve got Ragnarok, where we’re starting to actually see the Hulk as a character rather than a barely contained force of nature, and Banner is confused and frightened because now he has to contend with this new idea that not only does he have to worry about turning into the Hulk, there’s now the further worry that Hulk is becoming a fully realized person in his own right, and is in danger of usurping Banner completely. All of this is forms a great, nuanced character arc that Ruffalo plays with subtlety, pathos, and humour.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Phylodox posted:

there’s now the further worry that Hulk is becoming a fully realized person in his own right, and is in danger of usurping Banner completely.

According to the Russos, this is what was going on in Infinity War. The Hulk is tired of being used by Banner as a weapon and wants Banner to fight his own battles.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Ruffalo sold me with Avengers. He is always jittery and clearly trying to keep a facade, there's the That's My Secret line but right in his first scene with Natasha you can see he is on a very thin line and trying to keep walking straight

Also an incredibly charming man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Plus I love Mark Ruffalo because he diagnosed his own brain tumour in a dream.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's also by all reports a wonderful person and hugs the poo poo out of his fans. And I fuckin' love hugs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everytime he is in a room with another celebrity he forgets he himself is a celebrity and is taking photos of them like a fan

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/ironperaIta/status/990979026876497920

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love both of these handsome fellows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The thing I find funny is that I watched all of Inhumans, but could not finish Krypton. Inhumans was a car fire I couldn't stop looking at, Krypton was just so boring.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

According to the Russos, this is what was going on in Infinity War. The Hulk is tired of being used by Banner as a weapon and wants Banner to fight his own battles.

Weird. I thought it was because Hulk got his rear end beat and was having some sort of inner crisis.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah that's what I figured too

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Quora-level pointless question about a work of fiction here: when Thanos beats Hulks' rear end was he supposed to be juicing with the Power Stone or not?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TwoPair posted:

Weird. I thought it was because Hulk got his rear end beat and was having some sort of inner crisis.

site posted:

Yeah that's what I figured too

In the interview, the Russos were kind of annoyed that this was what almost everyone thought. :v:

They were also annoyed that so many people took Strange's comment near the end about being in the endgame as depressing, instead of a ray of hope indicating that Strange has a plan in motion and giving up the time stone was part of his plan.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe they should've told us what the hell was going on with the hulk then

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Chickenwalker posted:

Quora-level pointless question about a work of fiction here: when Thanos beats Hulks' rear end was he supposed to be juicing with the Power Stone or not?

Not that I recall, he let out all the armor to specifically own this grunt and show who's the top dog.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Cythereal posted:

In the interview, the Russos were kind of annoyed that this was what almost everyone thought. :v:

They were also annoyed that so many people took Strange's comment near the end about being in the endgame as depressing, instead of a ray of hope indicating that Strange has a plan in motion and giving up the time stone was part of his plan.

The second one yeah. I can see how you would be annoyed at people missing that since it does seem fairly obvious. But at the same time wouldn't you be thrilled that those people would see a victory by the heroes as really surprising?

But the first point, it never crossed my mind. I just assumed that Thanos beat the Hulk so bad he ran off to hide in a corner of Banners mind.

One little detail I don't know if they commented on was I thought Thor deliberately waited until Thanos had the six gem before attacking him.
Because he saw that every time Thanos gained another gem he dropped his guard and was momentarily overcome with new power/senses.

Kind of like how he thought that would be his best shot.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Cythereal posted:

Hulk, who is basically a superpowered 2-year-old, refuses to come out of hiding after literally the first time he’s ever been in mortal danger. It’s not an unreasonable assumption.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The Question IRL posted:

The second one yeah. I can see how you would be annoyed at people missing that since it does seem fairly obvious. But at the same time wouldn't you be thrilled that those people would see a victory by the heroes as really surprising?

But the first point, it never crossed my mind. I just assumed that Thanos beat the Hulk so bad he ran off to hide in a corner of Banners mind.

One little detail I don't know if they commented on was I thought Thor deliberately waited until Thanos had the six gem before attacking him.
Because he saw that every time Thanos gained another gem he dropped his guard and was momentarily overcome with new power/senses.

Kind of like how he thought that would be his best shot.

I think it was stated that Thor specifically didn't one-hit kill Thanos because he wanted him to realize he was outmatched?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hulk can't let Banner be killed, though, so at some point when Banner's going to punch a weird alien and fail miserably he HAS to come back.

Maybe that's what they mean?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Banner couldn't kill himself because Hulk wouldn't let him. Maybe Hulk wants to die now.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I wonder how far they're gonna let Hulk go. If he's capable of intelligent, independent thought and has his own personality...is it fair for Banner to keep him suppressed? They need a magic science device to split them apart.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Maybe in some kind of handy stone-shaped form.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The main problems with Incredible Hulk are that Liv Tyler is horrible in it and the Hulk's design is just hideous. Like he's got all these wrinkles and splotches, I hate looking at him. I also would've liked to see the version of the film Norton wanted to make, which had more focus on Banner's inner struggles and cold opened on a suicide attempt, but I totally understand why Marvel didn't want to do that for their cinematic universe movie.

Cythereal posted:

They did a bad job on the first thing, although the other thing was blindingly obvious to me.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
HULK STRONGEST THERE IS!

*Hulk gets clowned by Thanos*

Hulk... not strongest there is? Then what IS Hulk?! Hulk need do some soul searching.

Hulk travel world to find himself like Julia Roberts movie! HULK EAT, PRAY, LOVE!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Eat, Pray, Smash is an idea someone must have done already, right?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SonicRulez posted:

I wonder how far they're gonna let Hulk go. If he's capable of intelligent, independent thought and has his own personality...is it fair for Banner to keep him suppressed? They need a magic science device to split them apart.

They actually did this in the comic, but the separation began killing them both.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

They actually did this in the comic, but the separation began killing them both.

It's been done a few times.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'll go to bat for Incredible Hulk.

I've seen it a few times and honestly can't come up with too many negatives. It did a nice job of sort of extending the themes of the TV show, I liked the effects and I thought all of the performances were fine. Norton, Elliot and Roth were great, as usual, and the film explored some interesting subplots that, unfortunately, were never followed up on in the MCU.

It's no masterpiece but I really don't get everyone's problem with it. I'd rank it above Thor 1 and 2, Iron Man 2 and 3, AoU and put it on a par with things like Ant Man and Avengers. It's a solid film.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
If they pulled Red Skull out of nowhere, I'm confident we'll see The Leader at some point. Betty is probably out though.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

BiggerBoat posted:

I'll go to bat for Incredible Hulk.

I've seen it a few times and honestly can't come up with too many negatives. It did a nice job of sort of extending the themes of the TV show, I liked the effects and I thought all of the performances were fine. Norton, Elliot and Roth were great, as usual, and the film explored some interesting subplots that, unfortunately, were never followed up on in the MCU.

It's no masterpiece but I really don't get everyone's problem with it. I'd rank it above Thor 1 and 2, Iron Man 2 and 3, AoU and put it on a par with things like Ant Man and Avengers. It's a solid film.

Eillot wasn’t in it, he was in the Ang Lee one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
William Hurt crushed the role, I was pretty pleased to see them bring him back.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Hulk's fight with Tim Roth (not the Abomination, just normal Tim Roth) in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I liked Hulk's fight with Tim Roth (not the Abomination, just normal Tim Roth) in it.

I remember seeing that and having a lot of hope for the eventual Captain America.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I liked the fight with Abomination because we got car boxing gloves in a movie.

I will also love that Hulk, the embodiment of unbridled destruction, didn't kill Blonsky. I mean, he tried really loving hard to in the previous fight, but nevermind that. I loving love how the goddamned Hulk is the only Avenger (first formation) to have not killed someone.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hulk cant say no to betty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Chickenwalker posted:

no squeeze the hand, no use the stone

I think there was explicit fist-closing glowy effects in every stone activation

• Locked thread