Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yep Marina is right again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Salsa vs. Guacamole @ November 16th 20:00 PT / November 17th 15:00 AET
  • EU Eat It vs. Save It @ November 24th 15:00 CET
All listed Splatfests last for 24 hours.

"Let them eat cake." - Hisashi Nogami

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 16, 2018

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Isn't midweek a weird time for a Splatfest?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Szmitten posted:

Isn't midweek a weird time for a Splatfest?

Yes.So I... Corrected it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Splatfest for all 3 regions this month sucks. Hopefully this year’s Xmas one is more interesting.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

SeANMcBAY posted:

Splatfest for all 3 regions this month sucks. Hopefully this year’s Xmas one is more interesting.

My uncle at Nintendo says the next Splatfest is themed around Kwanzaa.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Salsa vs. Guacamole @ November 16th 20:00 PT / November 17th 15:00 AET
  • EU Eat It vs. Save It @ November 24th 15:00 CET
All listed Splatfests last for 24 hours.

"Let them eat cake." - Hisashi Nogami

the K-on debate...most intriguing

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Yes.So I... Corrected it.

Oh. I thought I'd gotten a reprieve. Oh well.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
At least it has decent colours. I care about that more than any of these themes.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Next Splatfest should be reliable servers vs. chronic disconnects

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Did matchmaking break or something for this Splatfest? I'm constantly put on like 1900 power teams, while being put up against much higher power teams, and I'm literally getting the same teammates over and over. I'm playing in Pro mode, for the record.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Teams do seem “stickier”. I’m liking it because I play solo and it’s making it easier to build synergy on a crew over multiple matches.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

EU Splatfest is rubbish

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The matchmaking is loving garbage this Splatfest. I have constantly been put on so many uneven matches (Real fun constantly fighting against teams that are 200 to 300 above mine), and most of my losses barely had me lose any power, so that means the game didn't expect me to win those matches in the first place. (I'm like 13-30 and am somehow still at the same power I started at. With an actual functional matchmaking system, that would mean my power should be far below where I started at.)

I know Splatoon isn't that popular outside of Japan, but good grief, the playerbase can't have dwindled that quickly for matchmaking to deliver so many lopsided and miserable matches.

EDIT: Ahahaha, right after I complain, I get into a 100x battle for team Gauc and win.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 17, 2018

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

holy guacamole

sufferin salsatash

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Dr. Fetus posted:

The matchmaking is loving garbage this Splatfest.

Maybe wait until it’s not the middle of the goddamn night lol.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Kind of tired of shifty stations with the gimmick, "your teammates can seal the exit behind you."

e: Been using a splatling for the first time, it's been fun seeing an autobomb land near my and realize right then and there that this is effective against me.

Serenade fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 17, 2018

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
I don’t think I can do Splatfest because our internet has been out for days and they’re not going to fix it until tomorrow. :smith:

gently caress Spectrum.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I would go with guac but I feel like it’s way over used now in the food industry and now find the rustic simplicity of a good salsa more appealing. Plus tacos.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had the strangest match. One of my team discorporeated on the start pad so I was like gently caress a 3 on 4 match... then the entire enemy team disappeared. The three of us still got the entire match to ink literally everything and gently caress around. Got full clout for it, too.

Also the colors are too real and it's pretty gross when I think about it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Such things are lost on this one.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

This event's Shifty Station is kind of lame. The Halloween one kicked rear end.

Also I'm running into way more matches against my own team than I did last month. Is anyone else noticing this? I doubt Salsa is that much overrepresented.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
11 of my 40 matches so far this ‘fest have been salsa-on-salsa.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Lazlo Nibble posted:

11 of my 40 matches so far this ‘fest have been salsa-on-salsa.
Yeah, it's no mystery which side is gonna win in popularity this time.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I don't think I've hated a map more in this game's entire history than this shifty zone.

It's shallow and tiny like two fort, only the exits can be sealed so its even smaller. Also tenta missles existing make this map even more of a shitshow.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Night Blade posted:

I don't think I've hated a map more in this game's entire history than this shifty zone.

It's shallow and tiny like two fort, only the exits can be sealed so its even smaller. Also tenta missles existing make this map even more of a shitshow.

I only had one match on shifty where the turf difference was less than 15%. Without disconnects, I had a match where my team won 81%-14.3%

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

unpronounceable posted:

I only had one match on shifty where the turf difference was less than 15%. Without disconnects, I had a match where my team won 81%-14.3%

I just got this game so I'm kind of poo poo, but with my brush/hamster ball I feel like an unstoppable game winning commando on this map and that's probably bad but pretty fun.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Boo you Spraylan

Holy hell that map is amazingly bad. I'm out.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 17, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’ve found something to like on every shifty station so far... except this one. It’s awful and a team can easily trap the other team by rushing to the opposite side and blocking the choke point with the two sideways geysers. Very bad.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

I just had a full crew in Normal/Solo persist through a fallback to the actual lobby during a map change. Is that a new behavior or was I just not paying attention before?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Cocoa Crispies posted:

It was happening ever since the start of the Splatfest, and was even worse than before.

Lazlo Nibble posted:

I just had a full crew in Normal/Solo persist through a fallback to the actual lobby during a map change. Is that a new behavior or was I just not paying attention before?

You mean you got the same crew after a map change? You probably just got lucky with everyone immediately queuing back in or something.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

LethalGeek posted:

Boo you Spraylan

Holy hell that map is amazingly bad. I'm out.

Did we battle?

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

I went back through the release notes and apparently carrying your team over match-to-match is expected in Normal, even across map changes, I just hadn’t played the mode enough to notice before.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I appreciate that matches against my own team end up with us assigned ink colors that make the map look like the FIREBLU texture from Doom.

I just had a 10x battle (and got loving steamrolled). I always figured they were a pro-only thing. Are they just randomly assigned?

Lazlo Nibble posted:

I went back through the release notes and apparently carrying your team over match-to-match is expected in Normal, even across map changes, I just hadn’t played the mode enough to notice before.

That's pretty cool.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 18, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

10x battles have a 7% chance of happening, and 100x matches only happen once every 10 minutes. (Good luck ever running into one of those in a worldwide Splatfest.)

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Seeing a ridiculous amount people getting dced in matches today. Any OCE players getting this too?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
https://twitter.com/Todd_Spengo/status/1063917440965332992?s=19

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

That's pretty cool.
It kept me playing after maxing out for a lot longer than usual. I love it when the last person on the team without a checkmark finally pops in and they’ve switched up to mirror everyone else’s weaponset. (Going multiple matches where one person just never figures it out, admittedly, not as much fun.)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Nice. What team name did you get?