Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
these people are fuckwits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm still surprised there hasn't been some pro-brexit MEP complaining that they're losing their job and it being unfair

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:thunk:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
She's my mum's MP and despite loving off to go and do an ITV reality show she keeps getting re-elected :cripes:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

I'm still surprised there hasn't been some pro-brexit MEP complaining that they're losing their job and it being unfair

Wasn't Big Nige whining that he'd lose his pension at some point

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jesus

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
christ

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Captain Splendid posted:

She's my mum's MP and despite loving off to go and do an ITV reality show she keeps getting re-elected :cripes:

your mam votes for her

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Pissflaps posted:

your mam votes for her

You take that back! :argh:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/dentristcad/status/1063822664752615424

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/dentristcad/status/1063824556236947457?s=19

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

wtf

We're loving doomed.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

It was the last thing we wanted to happen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The article

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-think-tank-unwittingly-invited-13602124

BlockChainNetflix
Sep 2, 2011
Surely at this point the queen weighing in on events would be less of a big deal than the country hanging itself on a door handle. Someone should call her.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-U2THOF00

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

BlockChainNetflix posted:

Surely at this point the queen weighing in on events would be less of a big deal than the country hanging itself on a door handle. Someone should call her.

IIRC she sacked the PM of Australia that one time. Stranger things have happened

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

That's such a useful clip

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's Always Brexit In United Kingdom: The Boat Ride

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Isn't that unconstitutional or someshit?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Zeroisanumber posted:

Isn't that unconstitutional or someshit?

The British constitution (short version) is as follows: The Queen is God's representative on earth, what she says goes.

It's sort of unconstitutional, but so is half the poo poo this government, the coalition, and Blair pulled.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I don't think we even had a written constitution until a few years ago. It would definitely cause a constitutional crisis and would be a dumb thing for her to do but I don't believe there's anything stopping her.

There's a film/play about Charles III where he basically walks into parliament, says they're a bunch of dicks, and dissolves it.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Splendid posted:

I don't think we even had a written constitution until a few years ago. It would definitely cause a constitutional crisis and would be a dumb thing for her to do but I don't believe there's anything stopping her.

There's a film/play about Charles III where he basically walks into parliament, says they're a bunch of dicks, and dissolves it.

We don't have a written constitution.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Lobster God posted:

Whoops. I somehow remembered there being an effort made to codify everything a few years ago. Guess they never did.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

tarbrush posted:

The British constitution (short version) is as follows: The Queen is God's representative on earth, what she says goes.

It's sort of unconstitutional, but so is half the poo poo this government, the coalition, and Blair pulled.

Readers notes: none of this post is accurate.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Lobster God posted:

The UK does have a written constitution, it's just not in one document.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

IIRC she sacked the PM of Australia that one time. Stranger things have happened
If you're on about the governor general proroguing parliament in Canada, we aren't some lickspittle colony, and the Queen has not been involved in dissolving parliament for years.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

jBrereton posted:

If you're on about the governor general proroguing parliament in Canada, we aren't some lickspittle colony, and the Queen has not been involved in dissolving parliament for years.

sounds like its past time she took matters into hand then

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

jBrereton posted:

Think they're probably on about the governor general sacking the PM in Australia.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Majestic britannia relentlessly owning herself in the face and dick with a hammer every day

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

LGD posted:

sounds like its past time she took matters into hand then

agreed, let the queen take the matter of sperm shortage into her trembling veiny hands

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Brexit means Brexit!!

What do you mean we'll no longer have a say in what the EU does??

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SardonicTyrant posted:

It's Always Brexit In United Kingdom: The Boat Ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMFNQDtGin8

This is actually a pretty good metaphor for Brexit

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSiCtcjeFs4

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

twoday posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMFNQDtGin8

This is actually a pretty good metaphor for Brexit
Finally, Britannia has charted the course of Her own Destiny.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

The UK does have a written constitution, it's just not in one document.

Yeah
*gestures vaguely at volumes of case law*

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you brits have been on an island for too long, it's turning your brains into mush

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nice to have the reminder that there's a massive pedophile ring in uk politics(and also all politics, but especially the uk)

what were a bunch of underage kids doing on the tory party boat anyway :thunk:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the queen is generally up for anything if you pay her enough, it's how stephen harper stayed in power in canada once after going on an insane sexist rant in public and being no confidence'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
are you certain the queen accepts bribes? it’s surprising, considering her vast personal wealth.