Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

sometimes when you're torturing someone's disembodied head you just gotta style on 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Are you really a gangster if you don't have a dance ready for when you have to torture someone?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Are you really a gangstar if you don't have a dance ready for when you have to torture someone?

Fixed that for ya.

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

Johnny Joestar posted:

someone could feasibly skip at least half of part 3 and possibly not know that they did barring maybe half a second of confusion as to where exactly they are in the world, except half of it is in egypt anyways so even that is suspect
That's pretty much why the original OAVs started right at the N'Doul fight.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Skipping parts of Jojo? No dignity!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, people who like Jojo really like to tell other people to watch/read as little Jojo as possible.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Johnny Joestar posted:

someone could feasibly skip at least half of part 3 and possibly not know that they did barring maybe half a second of confusion as to where exactly they are in the world, except half of it is in egypt anyways so even that is suspect

the characters went to india, araki forgot where they were, and then they were in egypt. a technique known as quantum araki teleportation

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Love Abbacchio's incredulity that Giorno's going to make his "I have a dream" quip every time someone questions him.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tetracube posted:

goddammit I have to photoshop this now once the episode comes out and everyone is gonna hate me for it

someone did it for me

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Waffleman_ posted:

Man, people who like Jojo really like to tell other people to watch/read as little Jojo as possible.

for reference i'm just pointing out that a lot of part 3 is kind of entirely redundant other than the fights

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Skipping parts of Jojo? No dignity!

Agreed. It's not JoJo's Bizarre Destination you guys.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

When Bucciarati and Giorno first meet he talks about how he can torture people and can roll your head around like a soccer ball if he wants.

What I'm saying here is that they may have practiced their choreography a few times.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/passionedancin1/status/1063869968830423041

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Cursed video

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Thanks, I hate it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I got you then

https://twitter.com/passionedancin1/status/1063519619774853121

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdqUKcR9vk

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

W.T. Fits posted:

Can't wait for some one to set this to Uptown Funk.

https://twitter.com/zikapepi/status/1063861573763170305

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also the silent video is canon because Fugo poured Sprite on the boombox and it shouldn't work.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uh, Mista did that. Fake fan alert!!!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mista can bite my rear end.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
karma from talking smack about other jojo fans and then goofing up character names

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Waffleman_ posted:

Mista can bite my rear end.

ban

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Number 2 you son of a bitch!!

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So do they ever explain why the Bucciarati gang has a perfectly rehearsed torture dance or is that just something that is never gonna come up again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGqB6JIUzBo

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Throwing my hat in the pile

https://twitter.com/EatWorkSleepDie/status/1063939248007667714

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So do they ever explain why the Bucciarati gang has a perfectly rehearsed torture dance or is that just something that is never gonna come up again

Look, they're a gang, not some random thugs. You can't just grab a guy and then waste two hours arguing out how you'll deal with him. Gotta be organized in this job. Of course they
rehearsed this, it's probably what they do every Tuesday.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Johnny Joestar posted:

Yeah i can only remember bits of the 3-4 most iconic fights in this part but at least it has some development in the overall goal unlike part 3.

I got my red title when part 3 was airing for pointing out that you could skip any of the fights up to Dio's mansion and it wouldn't affect the story at all, and if you did so accidentally you wouldn't even realise.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Bravo!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
90s boy band music fits the Vento Aureo boys like a glove.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

just caught the episode and oh my god everything is perfect and beautiful forever

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

This is what reminded me of. Surprised i didn't see someone mix it with this yet.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

smh if you don't have a perfectly rehearsed torture dance

If I had to compared Part 5 to any part, it's closest to Part 3 in terms of execution, but we can see that Araki came up with the idea of how to improve on that type of story.

Giorno's goals thus far are:

- Get into gang. (Done)
- Get Polpo's money to make Bruno capo. (In Progress)
- ???
- Replace the boss as the head of the gang. (In Progress)

As opposed to Stardust Crusaders, where the established goal was "Get to Egypt and kill DIO." with the various Stand battles just being roadblocks in the way.

I remember people complained about Stardust Crusaders being enemy of the week, but I don't think that the problem was so much that it was enemy of the week as it was that there was no real change in dynamics. I mean, hypothetically, if you were to skip from the episode where Jotaro and Co. are like "Let's go to Egypt!" and then go to Episode 1 of Season 2, the only thing you'd really need to explain is that Polnareff joined up with them a few episodes after they left and you'd be up to speed. There's no major incremental goals that they accomplish on the way, like "We need to split up DIO's strongest guys" or something akin to that.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. Part 5 feels a lot like Part 3 to me in terms of structure, to the point that I wonder if Araki wanted to take another shot at that type of story when he sat down to write it. If Part 3 is a meandering road trip across the world, Part 5 is a pedal to the medal race down the highway.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

bless you for syncing

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kikas posted:

I bet he can. I know this is Jojo and "Stand Rules" are only consistent in one thing - being broken - but Jotaro could see through the eyes of Star Platinum using binoculars. I bet that 1 and 2 tell him because they want to, not cause they need to.

The Dance was amazing. The whole episode was amazing, I especially love how Mista goes "yeah I fired this gun here, so what?" after the dock guy asks him what he did.

Guido Mista, not a known giver of fucks.

Mista intimidating the people at the dock is probably the most genuinely gangster thing we've seen so far.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

This is so powerful and I'm honestly really glad the Dance is becoming a full blown meme. Thank you.

itskage posted:

This is what reminded me of. Surprised i didn't see someone mix it with this yet.

Like, most of the time, if you're thinking "I wonder why Araki did [blank]," if it's from a movie, that's probably why.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Johnny Joestar posted:

for reference i'm just pointing out that a lot of part 3 is kind of entirely redundant other than the fights

Yeah, that was what I was getting at as well.

This is the quality content I visit this thread for.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Mista intimidating the people at the dock is probably the most genuinely gangster thing we've seen so far.

Bruno did the same on the train.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 18, 2018

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I just started watching death note, and I’m wondering if part 4’s Kira and Sheer Heart Attack is somehow a coincidence or if it’s a reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Thumbtacks posted:

I just started watching death note, and I’m wondering if part 4’s Kira and Sheer Heart Attack is somehow a coincidence or if it’s a reference

I mean, Death Note was almost a full decade after part 4, so it's probably the other way around.