Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dual Monarchy posted:

Is anyone looking at the NZ v Ireland game, because right now I'm seeing a lot of All Blacks conceding some serious strings of penalties. It's crazy, almost half time and the score is 9-6 as of writing this post.

Ireland could and probably should be further ahead as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Yeah NZ having to do a mountain of tackling, and on the rare times we've had the ball have been effectively shut down by Ireland. Will be iteresting to see what improvements are made after halftime.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Rob Carney throwing a dummy into thin air is amazing.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013
I'd love to know what the gently caress possesses Stockdale to do those runs and if he can share because jesus christ what a try.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Plenty of yellow card precedent for that type of incident.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Smorgasbord posted:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Smorgasbord posted:

Assuming you're talking about taking out in the air I think that's the right call really. You do see a lot of yellows for that but according to the rules I'm not sure you should.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Be good if we stopped kicking the loving ball away in attacking positions

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The crowd are in decent voice, but Ireland are being dumb.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

goatface posted:

Yeah they're starting to crack now, there's a bunch more errors than the first half.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goatface posted:

A lot of wasted opportunities to be sure

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

We're loving literally everything up.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Both teams are making more errors than they have for ages

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A very weird and sloppy game.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Aramoro posted:

Disappointing but can't argue too much with the score line in the end. Scotland had enough ball but just didn't do enough with it.

I like how wp nel was talking about the great redeemer of playing with Scotland before this match, then made a complete arse of himself during the match.

Scotland weren't so much out muscled but played retardedly towards the end. Kids showed they're a bit wet behind the ears.

Quite worried Hogg has hosed himself completely. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, they did it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

A very weird and sloppy game.

I think it's a symptom of these being the best 2 teams in the world right now playing each other. Things get sloppy because there's not an inch given.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Great win for the Irish. Amazing performance.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Congratulations to Ireland, they were just too good on defence. ABs were awful, errors and poor options throughout.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Smorgasbord posted:

Congratulations to Ireland, they were just too good on defence. ABs were awful, errors and poor options throughout.

Yeah AB made some questionable decisions there. Really tried to force the game in places but then didn't go for scores at other times.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Also BRB digging out my Irish citizenship in time for the worldcup

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Channel 4’s coverage isn’t bad

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I don't think I'd ever seen Read play so badly.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Think Kearney was lucky to avoid a yellow, but glad he did so we get to experience this:

https://twitter.com/alang0486/status/1063904512006598658?s=19

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Had to work in London today, flew back to Dublin landed at kick off and just managed to get home in time for the second half. Great craic, great win. All Black's didn't look like they were in top form tonight but I'll take it all the way!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
It's gonna be annoying as hell watching this generationally amazing Irish team lose in the quarter finals next year.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Communist Bear posted:

I like how wp nel was talking about the great redeemer of playing with Scotland before this match, then made a complete arse of himself during the match.

Scotland weren't so much out muscled but played retardedly towards the end. Kids showed they're a bit wet behind the ears.

Quite worried Hogg has hosed himself completely. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

TBF to Nel, gently caress knows what was going on in that scrum, sure as hell wasn't Poite. In the first scrum of the match, Kitshoff dropped his bind then tried to bind on the flanker's head at one point.

Scotland pissed the match away with dumb errors and not just taking points on offer. Hope Hogg is ok and it's just a sore one.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

gently caress exeter

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SomeDrunkenMick posted:

Had to work in London today, flew back to Dublin landed at kick off and just managed to get home in time for the second half. Great craic, great win. All Black's didn't look like they were in top form tonight but I'll take it all the way!

It was a loss that was some time coming. The current management have some annoying habits, like devaluing long-range kicking, there were far too many handling errors which meant opportunities that the All Blacks would've nailed up until last year went begging, they couldn't make the last pass stick, Hansen lacks ruthlessness in his selections and they're missing the sort of mongrel in the loose forwards that your lot get from O'Mahony.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/GLove39/status/1063858102464851968

Apparently because Horne was holding him on the ground, it's perfectly fine to headbutt him...

WTF World Rugby, either protect players heads or stop pretending to give a gently caress.

Should be noted that Kolisi was given a warning by the citation committee but deemed that it wasn't a red card offence. :psyduck:

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 20, 2018

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Yeah that is proper garbage and should be punished

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Bloody Wallabies are the reason the abs lost to Ireland. You heard it here first (unless you're a Kiwi in which case it's national consensus already).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-21/new-zealand-blames-australia-for-woes-of-all-blacks/10518376

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Agustin Pichot can gently caress off, the whiny loving oval office. gently caress this xenophobic poo poo.

https://twitter.com/AP9_/status/1064878388748460032

Unimpressed posted:

Bloody Wallabies are the reason the abs lost to Ireland. You heard it here first (unless you're a Kiwi in which case it's national consensus already).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-21/new-zealand-blames-australia-for-woes-of-all-blacks/10518376

Here's the original article: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=12163195

The crack at the Wallabies is largely tongue-in-cheek, and you've apparently missed the point being made: the Wallabies, and Pumas for that matter, simply have not been adequate opponents, and it's only this year that the All Blacks suddenly found serious opposition in the Rugby Champs. As a result, they've ended up heading to Europe ill-prepared for what's waiting for them, especially a vastly improved Irish team.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Agustin Pichot can gently caress off, the whiny loving oval office. gently caress this xenophobic poo poo.

https://twitter.com/AP9_/status/1064878388748460032

I've never been particularly bothered by the eligibility rules but I do find it amusing that suddenly after years of largely false accusations from NH fans and media of the All Blacks 'poaching' Pacific Island players (who were almost all born, raised, and developed as players here), suddenly it is beyond the pale for fans of those same nations that questions are being asked about the makeup of their sides. Probably not the same specific fans, but amusing to me in any case.

As for Kolisi he's probably lucky to get away with it, but I find the growing trend of players holding opposition out of the play illegally but going unpunished intolerable so I'm broadly in favour of them getting what's coming to them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

I've never been particularly bothered by the eligibility rules but I do find it amusing that suddenly after years of largely false accusations from NH fans and media of the All Blacks 'poaching' Pacific Island players (who were almost all born, raised, and developed as players here), suddenly it is beyond the pale for fans of those same nations that questions are being asked about the makeup of their sides. Probably not the same specific fans, but amusing to me in any case.

On the other hand, the Vice-Chairman of World Rugby shouldn't be doing this xenophobic poo poo. In fact, despite living in New Zealand, I wasn't actually born in this country. Now, I'd LOVE it if that whiny Argentine oval office would dictate to me what my national and cultural identity is.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

The problem with that shite peddled by Pichot is that it completely ignores players born to parents of the nation they play for outside of the country they play for, or those raised in as a certain nationality because of their families backgrounds. Examples are, John Barclay who was born in Hong Kong, Dave Denton born in Zimbabwe, Sam Skinner born in England, Hamish Watson born in England and that's just some of the Scottish guys never mind the idea of someone trying to tell Jamie Heaslip or Jordi Murphy that they're not Irish just because their parents had their kids while out of the country. It's just xenophobic bollocks.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

As for Kolisi he's probably lucky to get away with it, but I find the growing trend of players holding opposition out of the play illegally but going unpunished intolerable so I'm broadly in favour of them getting what's coming to them.

What should be coming to them is a penalty, possibly a yellow card but the refs are shite at spotting it, what's not acceptable is someone getting headbutted and World Rugby saying "nah, that's totally fine mate, play on." Get hosed with that.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

Vaders Jester posted:

What should be coming to them is a penalty, possibly a yellow card but the refs are shite at spotting it, what's not acceptable is someone getting headbutted and World Rugby saying "nah, that's totally fine mate, play on." Get hosed with that.

This is largely how the issued used to be resolved on field in the past, so it’s not exactly the greatest crime the game has ever seen.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure how to read that tweet. I know Ireland have Stander and Aki but the others would be born....Northern Ireland. I’m guessing Scotland’s numbers are also diluted by English-born players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Dog Friday posted:

This is largely how the issued used to be resolved on field in the past, so it’s not exactly the greatest crime the game has ever seen.

Aye, but it's not the 90s anymore and if World Rugby want to be seen to be serious about protecting player's heads then not sanctioning Kolisi when Danny Cipriani was handed a ban for what amounted to an accident is loving dumb.