Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

I live in Kansas! How do you think I feel???

Better!

You're still in Kansas though, so not that much better. At least you have a good football team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

SalTheBard posted:

Go look at the chinese antiquities exhibit at the Nelson-Atkins in Kansas City

It's the only redeeming feature of your whole state and everyone I suggest go see it ignores me

seriously peep this poo poo : https://www.nelson-atkins.org/collection/chinese/

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Find us a happy news post to offset this fact!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/15/trickle-down-representation-will-most-diverse-congress-make-capitol-hill-more-diverse/

Thanks to recent elections, record numbers of non-white people are receiving high-quality Congressional health care!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1063545811131338753

the guy who lost was wah-wahing about stolen ballots and poo poo boo hoo

this is what she said

quote:

“My dad, who was born here, his parents started as field workers, who is living to see his daughter become a member of Congress.”

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Nate Silver, giving New Mexico the solid "D"

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Krispy Wafer posted:

Better!

You're still in Kansas though, so not that much better. At least you have a good football team.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's the only redeeming feature of your whole state and everyone I suggest go see it ignores me

Kansas City is not in Kansas.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

OK, so I'm watching the Vincent Price version of "Masque of the Red Death", and there's a seen where this knight is trying to teach this peasant good guy to fight his friend for the amusement of Price's character, and they are in Price's torture dungeon and Price is a satanist

Anyway, the knight looks like a younger Ted Cruz, he's cutting the peasant for fun

PS> Upside down cross is the dumbest satanist symbol, it's on the pope's goddamn throne you richer dumb-dumbs

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the upside down cross is a good Christian-trolling sign because Christians have no idea about actual Christianity

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

Go to your state capitol and look at the mural of John Brown. Realize that Kansas wasn't always a reactionary shithole and can be good again.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

LastInLine posted:

So the best thing with Kansas in the. and isn’t even in Kansas. Sad!

Still, good game on voting in a Democrat in Kansas of all places.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

yeah today i think not only did the last red seat containing part of orange county go blue (for two years, anyway), but the last republican state legislator in the bay area (lvermore-ish) lost the lead in her race. there's a chance the democrats take CA's 21st congressional district, too, but dont hold your breath. elections nerds are making fun of mimi walters in CA45 in the OC for narrowly winning the election day ballots, immediately launching a bid for NRCC chair or whatever the gently caress, then conceding defeat like 10 days later

the california gop is deader than it was even a week ago. even if/when they come back from this, they don't have many great targets for expansion that i can see. they might have trouble staying out of the superminority even in non-wave elections soon

https://twitter.com/catargetbot has little images with info from every single drop, fun for the post-election-day election which is apparently more fun than the election day election

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm in one of the California congressional districts where it's taken ages to count all the votes... and apparently it's gone to the Democrat!

I know this sounds minor, but I'm so used to competitive Congressional races only being a thing that happened to other people.

I'm in one of the diehard Republican areas so the Dems lost basically everything but even still we managed to not vote for the super terrible state school superintendent.

Sorry that's not super happy, I'll try to find something when I wake up.

oystertoadfish posted:

the california gop is deader than it was even a week ago. even if/when they come back from this, they don't have many great targets for expansion that i can see. they might have trouble staying out of the superminority even in non-wave elections soonhich is apparently more fun than the election day election

i'm still in mcclintoch territory and he won 55 to 44. he's been in local politics since before i was born.

DiggityDoink has issued a correction as of 10:23 on Nov 17, 2018

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Literally the only Republican all of New England is now sending to DC is Susan Collins. Target Number#2 in 2020 as far as I'm concerned (after the orange bastard).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Zeroisanumber posted:

Go to your state capitol and look at the mural of John Brown. Realize that Kansas wasn't always a reactionary shithole and can be good again.

I feel you 100%. I'm so happy I canvassed for Davids! Now if only the rural counties that dominate the state legislature would stop voting Republican.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

This is gonna be me with Bernie banners tho

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

LastInLine posted:

one of them is https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City,_Kansas

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobob1618/status/1063857081210626050/photo/1

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Yes but not the one with things in it like Arrowhead Stadium or the museum which were what was attributed to Kansas.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

LastInLine posted:

Yes but not the one with things in it like Arrowhead Stadium or the museum which were what was attributed to Kansas.

ah!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

good news: both Kansas Cities (Kansas City's? Cities Kansas? Kansases City?) are represented by Democrats in the 116th Congress

edit: also I just saw some article about this being the most female legislators at the state level in history, lemme grab it

https://www.apnews.com/24abb3ff2db04ea388fc1b00e767ce27

article posted:

More than 2,000 women will serve in state legislatures when those chambers convene for their upcoming sessions, representing roughly a quarter of all state lawmakers across the country. That mark will eclipse the record of 1,875 who served this year, according to reports Thursday from the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University.

The number could rise as ballot-counting concludes in close contests across the country. The Associated Press has not yet called 216 state legislative elections, races that include about 185 female candidates, according to the center.

In another first, women could end up holding the majority in two state legislative chambers at the same time — the Colorado House and Nevada Assembly, according to tallies by the center and the National Conference of State Legislatures

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 00:35 on Nov 18, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
So Trump's last ditch efforts to stop discovery in the emoluments clause case filed against him have failed. That means a bunch of Trump organization financials related to his family profiteering off the presidency are going to come out in the next few months.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
hell Yeah gently caress trump

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
gently caress him

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote...6525%23lastpost

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/...6532%23lastpost

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

There must be a ton of money to be made selling meme-of-the-week merch to chuds.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

:agreed:

nelson atkins is generally very good and its free. its how I learned about chinese fighting cricket culture , also they have a pretty good impressionist collection

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Conservatives whining that no one was paying attention to Young Kim's victory because she's a Republican. The race wasn't called and she later lost.

https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/1063240294261415936

The Young Kim thread.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

fool_of_sound posted:

So Trump's last ditch efforts to stop discovery in the emoluments clause case filed against him have failed. That means a bunch of Trump organization financials related to his family profiteering off the presidency are going to come out in the next few months.

I look forward to the new heights of lunacy this will drive some people

Trump's gonna start endorsing Qanon plotlines about this being an evil plot by Tyrannasoros

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Ague Proof posted:

Conservatives whining that no one was paying attention to Young Kim's victory because she's a Republican. The race wasn't called and she later lost.

https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/1063240294261415936

The Young Kim thread.

uh are they forgetting tammy duckworth?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

snergle posted:

And a whole bunch more.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

snergle posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patsy_Mink

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Remember, tho. Those two are democrats, and so in their eyes non-human.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Lol, TUMP threw a 100 person party on midterm election night

He believed the MSM when early on they predicted "no blue wave"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fool_of_sound posted:

Some might say "Life comes at you fast". But I really, really like the fact that sometimes life takes a while... only because it's trying to find just the right timing to really gently caress people over. People in the Trump thread often said that Trump and his children would probably continue living a life of luxury long after the Trump administration is done, but given how he's been making GBS threads on all the wrong people at all the wrong times, I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts.

Also, does anyone have that Maxine Waters "Hi, Donald :colbert:" image? I think this thread could use that image.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

That Works posted:

Same. I grew up conservative due to the parents / location and I figure by the time I'm 60 I'm going to be talking about how Lenin was right all along.

It took me until I was like 20 to make that journey from the same starting position, pick it up old man

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Nebakenezzer posted:

Lol, TUMP threw a 100 person party on midterm election night

He believed the MSM when early on they predicted "no blue wave"

i forgot seth meyers existed

edit: oh this is happy thread, i'm glad he still exists and still dunks on trump

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Missed this

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Missed this

I know this isn't the thread for this but one of the chuds I know now believes this with absolute certainty

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Truth and mockery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
A bit of good news from the reddest of red states: Ben McAdams beat Mia Love for Utah’s 4th District.

quote:

He won by 694 votes, or a margin of 50.129 percent to 49.871. That margin of 0.258 was just barely outside the 0.25 percent that would have allowed Love to request a recount.