Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

gently caress off Matt

Edit: Evergreen post, no regrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Mac on... policing priorities

The only crime is that he got paid to make this, ugh.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Theresa May's Brexit battle – Theresa May’s chances of striking Irish border deal ‘50-50’, say EU officials"

Telegraph:

Independent:

BBC criticised over Arron Banks slot on Andrew Marr show

Times:

Evening Standard:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I guess this "Bn&nAdcock" bloke wins this round since at least his fireworks weren't labelled loving brexit. :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Trump's midterm election strategy – Donald Trump’s advertisement stoking panic about migrants is only the latest example of a campaign marked by extremist rhetoric"

Telegraph:

People must take responsibility for own health, says Matt Hancock After George Cruikshank.

Independent:

Times:

Florence Ilott’s grandson pays tribute to the woman who raced Big Ben

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... the scarcity of police officers

David Squires:

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

This is based on this wonderful series of tweets:
https://twitter.com/meandmybigmouth/status/1058436132206268416

Complete with video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgkamDHj1-M

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the armistice centenary – The centenary heralds millions of individual stories of bravery and loss that lie behind this coming weekend’s events to mark 100 years since the 1918 armistice" After Sigfried Sassoon.

Telegraph:

May to face cabinet after Varadkar stands firm on Brexit backstop

Independent:

Times:

New discovery throws light on mystery of pyramids' construction

Evening Standard:

Democrats take control of House but Republicans tighten grip on Senate

Mail:
Mac on... death tax rises

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress off Mac.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

'New probate tax' is a funny way of spelling 'Tory fundraisers'.

Edit: Also, vampires: well known for...bodysnatching?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the US midterm election results – The US president has hailed the midterm elections as a ‘tremendous success’ despite losing Congress to the Democrats" After James Montgomery Flagg.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Prince Charles: 'Me, meddle as a king? I'm not that stupid'

Mail:
Mac on... Wild West Britain

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress off, Mac

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There really isn't a gently caress Off Mac big enough in all the world.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
The 1950 kid is still armed, just as part of a paramilitary youth organisation

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Are Boy Scouts (or their equivalent) as super-religious as the ones here in the States?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Technowolf posted:

Are Boy Scouts (or their equivalent) as super-religious as the ones here in the States?

hardly anything is as super-religious as in america

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The important question is were they religious in 1950 where Mac lives. I assume slightly more than nowadays

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Technowolf posted:

I have vague memories of having some prayer or something when I was a Cub Scout (we're talking 25 years ago so my memory is faint) but considering our teacher in P5 and 6 made us do the Lord's prayer every morning it didn't seem off putting to this unbeliever.

But this decade they've formalised it to be fully open to non-believers.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Technowolf posted:

The Promise involved pledging allegiance to God and to the Queen, but it's not an abiding memory for me. I did go to a church school where there was a CofE service once a week so maybe it just faded into the background of that.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Dominic Raab and post-Brexit trade – Dominic Raab said consumers would lose out if new border rules create delays at the border, and admitted that until now he did not realise how important the Dover-Calais crossing was"

Telegraph:

David Davis: MPs will 'probably' vote against Brexit deal

Independent:

Jeff Sessions firing: top Republicans warn Trump that Mueller inquiry must continue

Times:

Prince Charles: 'Me, meddle as a king? I'm not that stupid'

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Charles to end his 'meddling'

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit talks and Armistice Day - Opposition to Theresa May’s Brexit deal continues within the Tory party"

Telegraph:

Brexit deal not dead despite DUP warning, says Lidington

Independent:

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Times:

Jo Johnson: it would be travesty not to have second Brexit vote; After Bairnsfather.
Bonus: Morland's animated cartoon

Stephen Collins:

And also, it's time for...
:siren::britain::siren::derp::siren::ducksiren::siren: THE ELLWOOD ATFIELD POLITICAL CARTOON AWARDS 2018!!!!! :siren::ducksiren::siren::derp::siren::britain::siren:

Here's the link to the website with all the cartoons on it. Click on through, look at all the 'toons I don't post, decide which you like the best and click the vote button.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Cloud Potato posted:

The i paper:

Bit ableist.

edit - For the awards, considering only those cartoons I think I'm picking from: the Ben Jennings (nice visual metaphor without labelling everything), the Bell (because holy poo poo that caused a stink), the Brookes (gratuitous use of the word "gently caress") the Pinn (nice arting) the Davey (good capturing of voice). But I'll consider them for a bit first.

Dishonourable mentions to the Camley (lazy), the Riddell, Clissold and Thatcher (a thing happened), the Kal (gently caress your words) and the Scarfe (unadventurous, expect better).

Get hosed's to the usual.

goatface fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 10, 2018

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

How the gently caress did Rowson not get a nomination?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Collins needs a friend hovering over his shoulder to tell him when it's OK to stop writing.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Dabir posted:

Collins needs a friend hovering over his shoulder to tell him when it's OK to stop writing.

I hate these people, how are you driving and not even aware of what loving street your on.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

drilldo squirt posted:

I hate these people, how are you driving and not even aware of what loving street your on.

street signs are small and i'm paying attention to the other cars on the road

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

And also, it's time for...
:siren::britain::siren::derp::siren::ducksiren::siren: THE ELLWOOD ATFIELD POLITICAL CARTOON AWARDS 2018!!!!! :siren::ducksiren::siren::derp::siren::britain::siren:

Here's the link to the website with all the cartoons on it. Click on through, look at all the 'toons I don't post, decide which you like the best and click the vote button.

It does seem that each year these guys don't even have the good cartoons by the good cartoonists. Like, Riddell is variable but I'm sure he's done something better this year than Lol What If Politicians Wore Swimsuits.

Also the more I think about this one, the less sense it makes:

Corbyn is pretending to be a wolf pretending to be a sheep pretending to be a soviet bear? The real truth about Jeremy Corbyn is that he's... Jeremy Corbyn?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If we're looking for meaning, we could say that Corbyn is just Corbyn, and the bear (communist), sheep (completely benign, non-threatening) and wolf (aggressive) are cloaks he's just putting on for show, with those further out being further from the real him.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

chestnut santabag posted:

How the gently caress did Rowson not get a nomination?

Judging from his Twitter feed this morning, he's boycotting it due to the involvement of Tim Benson, who runs the Political Cartoon cafe and seems to be a sexist twat.

Angepain posted:

Also the more I think about this one, the less sense it makes:

Corbyn is pretending to be a wolf pretending to be a sheep pretending to be a soviet bear? The real truth about Jeremy Corbyn is that he's... Jeremy Corbyn?

Wolf in sheep's clothing, also Russia.

Observer:

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eh.
poo poo.
They'll get letters.
Odd choice of date for this. Just a generally referential politoon?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Donald Trump marking the armistice – The French president, Emmanuel Macron, has warned of the dangers of rising nationalism as he addressed Donald Trump and other world leaders at a ceremony in Paris"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson: My brother is right – Mrs May's deal is the biggest statecraft failure since Suez

Matt:

Badger cull: Vets accuse ministers of 'barefaced lies'

Independent:

Danny Boyle beaches: ‘Pages of the Sea’ Armistice project sees stunning sand portraits of WW1 casualties

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on May's waterlogged Brexit plan – The prime minister is in a lonely place with her Chequers proposal under siege from across the Tory party"

Telegraph:

Douglas Rain, classical actor and serenely sinister voice of the computer HAL 9000 in ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ – obituary

Matt:

Moment of reckoning arrives as PM tries to sell Brexit deal to cabinet

Yesterday's Independent: (used the wrong one yesterday, apologies)

Times:

Keir Starmer says Brexit 'can be stopped', contradicting Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn

Evening Standard:

Stan Lee obituary

Mail:
Mac on... remembering the threat of Corbyn

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on May's supermassive black hole Brexit – The prime minister has called an emergency cabinet meeting to sign off the final Brexit deal with the EU"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... sex for peerages

‘So tell me, my dear. What did you do to become a baroness?’

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress off, Mac

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

Rarity posted:

gently caress off, Mac

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The working class maid is sympathetically playing along with a clearly senile queen who is nonetheless in a position of great power over her.

A possibly republican cartoon firmly placed in the sorrow of class war.

Also she has an amazingly engineered bra.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on Melania Trump's spat with senior aide – The first lady publicly demanded the dismissal of Mira Ricardel, the deputy national security adviser, after she reportedly clashed with Melania Trump’s staff"

Telegraph:

Moment of reckoning arrives as PM tries to sell Brexit deal to cabinet

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Government makes U-turn over delay to £2 FOBT maximum stake

Evening Standard:

Elton John brings star quality to John Lewis Christmas advert

Mail:
Mac on... May's Brexit deal

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Peter Schrank on Theresa May's Brexit deal – Theresa May has vowed to stay in post to see through her Brexit plans after they were plunged into turmoil following the resignation of two cabinet ministers and threats of a no-confidence vote"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

McVey and Raab quit as May addresses MPs over Brexit deal

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Hockney painting earns record $90.3m for living artist

Mail:
Mac on... Tories plotting for No. 10

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May's survival as Tory leader – Michael Gove will remain in post as environment secretary and help Theresa May sell her Brexit deal to parliament, sources have said" After Hockney

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Van Gogh.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
But will we see a Hockney Hattrick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
We do have some awfully banal cartoonists don't we.