Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Trust me this azerite system is going to be great guys.

e: You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, Yoshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So they've gone with "monumentally stupid". Hopefully it'll at least be fun to play, by yourself?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Eh, that's fine.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So the only point of this job is doing old bosses solo. Right?

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

I expected there might be some sort of limitation or stipulation.

I did not expect in my wildest dreams expect them to come up with something so nonsensically brain dead as "yeah we can't let blue mage into the game because instant kill boss spells exist," when in the final fantasy RPGs you have almost never been able to use level X death on bosses. like, this is already a baked in restriction in the single player games where balance matters less!

what the actual gently caress?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm looking forward to the outrage when BLU is just a single player minigame thing. People are going to lose their poo poo

:swoon:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Their reasoning there is no way to stay true to Blue Mage's class fantasy in an mmo without breaking the game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

somepartsareme posted:

Eh, that's fine.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers "Kicked out of party"

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Ohtsam posted:

Their reasoning there is no way to stay true to Blue Mage's class fantasy in an mmo without breaking the game.

I would take a watered down version of the blue mage class fantasy if it means I get to play it with other people.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak posted:

And Blue is something that will be implemented in a way that will make exactly 0 people happy and that's loving hilarious and I can't wait.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
This loving blows.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

There's such a thing as being too dedicated to your vision, and I think this is a good example.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I was probably never gonna play Blue Mage anyway but this just seems like a monumental waste of time and resources because they have an idea of how a job HAS to be, and can’t just be like “well, let’s just fudge how it learns stuff so it can play with everything”

Like, this is hilarious how half baked it is.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So XI had blue mage and XIV can't do it. Impressive.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That justification for Blue Mage is really confusing after they turned Summoner into a DoT caster

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
yes, let's make this game more like ffxi

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I'm on board with classes that are only for solo content tbqh. Though I can understand why people thinks it sucks

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Holy poo poo they can't queue for anything

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

you can't even do deep dungeon????

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

"We're proud to announce Blue Mage Immortal.."

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
pretty sure it said you can queue for most things, but only in a premade party

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Have to grind for 50. Goddamn way to kill hype.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

somepartsareme posted:

pretty sure it said you can queue for most things, but only in a premade party

yeah you can't duty finder but premades are okay

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
:salt::salt::salt:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Looking forward to PF full of “please take me to dungeons, I’m so sick of FATE’s”

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Gunblade only playable in Eureka, Dancer only playable in towns.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is hilarious to me, someone who never cared about the BLU dream

But I imagine it sucks if you were at all excited for that

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Ohtsam posted:

Final Fantasy XIV: Class Fantasy Appreciation Station

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

On the one hand, blue mage leveling options is literally a slide that says "get a pre-formed party, or look forward to FATEs forever!"

On the other hand, a 24 blue mage alliance raid will probably be pretty rad once enough of them learn the right monster abilities to stomp the poo poo out of WoD.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Forget about BLU poo poo for a second, they basically broke every static on Aether and a bunch on Primal (mine included) with the server reshuffling. But hey, anything to make Balmung and Mateus less appealing I guess?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I can't wait until the backlash is so bad they completely rebuild Blue Mage from the ground up in the span of six months.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ohtsam posted:

Just make it fight monsters in it's job classes and BAM there's the thing. None of the classic classes' abilities function 1-1 with old FF games BLU didn't have to be 100% faithful.

This just.....loving awful.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
I'm really excited for Blue Mage now. Before this announcement I wasn't really excited at all. Thanks Yoshi-p!!!

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Forget about BLU poo poo for a second, they basically broke every static on Aether and a bunch on Primal (mine included) with the server reshuffling. But hey, anything to make Balmung and Mateus less appealing I guess?

2 weeks of free transfers if you're affected though. And no wealth transfer limits.

ntan1 posted:

I'm really excited for Blue Mage now. Before this announcement I wasn't really excited at all. Thanks Yoshi-p!!!

Same

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

It's rough but this was always the nuclear option on the table when people weren't moving off balm/mateus/gilg

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All BLU raids are going to be some wacky comedy bullshit

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Saint Freak posted:

Gunblade only playable in Eureka, Dancer only playable in towns.

Can't tell if your joking or not. :negative:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

BLU looks like fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Just make it fight monsters in it's job classes and BAM there's the thing. None of the classic classes' abilities function 1-1 with old FF games BLU didn't have to be 100% faithful.

This just.....loving awful.

Actually it's neat