Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
If they had said "we want to deliver a new kind of solo content through limited jobs, that can deliver an experience that wouldn't be possible through the other more homogenous jobs.... and to start off, here's blue mage!!!!" instead of going "HERE LOOK IT'S BLUE MAGE!!!.................. it's not a real job though lol" I don't think people would be so indignant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Actually it's neat

It's neat, in the way that a lot of pointless novelty is neat. It would be cool if it was, like, useful in max level content.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

somepartsareme posted:

If they had said "we want to deliver a new kind of solo content through limited jobs, that can deliver an experience that wouldn't be possible through the other more homogenous jobs.... and to start off, here's blue mage!!!!" instead of going "HERE LOOK IT'S BLUE MAGE!!!.................. it's not a real job though lol" I don't think people would be so indignant

but they did say the first thing

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

kirbysuperstar posted:

Actually it's neat

Single player content in an MMO is always garbage because the entire point of the game is to be an MMO. The best designed content in the game are the trials and group content which you can't really do unless you get a full 7 stack of friends to agree to see if your current set of spells will handle it. On top of that it's capped 2 expansions behind on content so you're only going to be doing the fights you've done 1000 times already with it.

It's a real bad choice over just making a real class people can use to play your video game with their friends.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

You can "RARELY" learn new abilities from bosses.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

blue mage why did you even come here

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I'm going to make a 24 BLU party and drop a load of landslides on Cloud of Darkness

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Just make whatever overpowered bullshit skills it apparently has not usable in parties, say they're "too powerful to safely control" or some garbage. Or implement a max number of skills that can be equipped by the job and make it a filler DPS that can spec either ranged or melee, physical or magic.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Single player content in an MMO is always garbage because the entire point of the game is to be an MMO. The best designed content in the game are the trials and group content which you can't really do unless you get a full 7 stack of friends to agree to see if your current set of spells will handle it. On top of that it's capped 2 expansions behind on content so you're only going to be doing the fights you've done 1000 times already with it.

It's a real bad choice over just making a real class people can use to play your video game with their friends.

Soloing duties and stuff like solo runs of Deep Dungeon (though BLU is excluded from that) are fun and I enjoy them when I don't feel like dealing with parties or other people or wasting other people's time with my own mistakes. Sorry if you disagree I guess.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Honestly, as long as they work in premades and never pretend that they're real jobs, limited jobs sound okay to me as a piece of side content. It just sounds like something to gently caress around with on a similar level to triple triad or minion collecting. They name dropped beastmaster and that could be fun in a scheme like this.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm glad for more side content.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a fine idea, but it's weird to do it with probably the most in-demand job the fans wanted.

Eh, as long as DNC is a healer I don't really care.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Arist posted:

It's a fine idea, but it's weird to do it with probably the most in-demand job the fans wanted.

DNC should be a tank

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
What if we took Balmung

and pushed it somewhere else

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

oh no blimp issue posted:

DNC should be a tank

Why would you want a solo-only tank?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Gun Blader will shoot people to heal them

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

So I play in Odin and the rest of my static are goons in Omega.

Who cares about this blue mage poo poo when you can't play with your friends. :(

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

kirbysuperstar posted:

Soloing duties and stuff like solo runs of Deep Dungeon (though BLU is excluded from that) are fun and I enjoy them when I don't feel like dealing with parties or other people or wasting other people's time with my own mistakes. Sorry if you disagree I guess.

here's the thing about that content thought, You can do it with any class. There's a difference between making content that's solo-able that anyone can do how they like and turning one of the most requested classes into an entire Solo based experience that doesn't work with the majority of the content in the game.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Man this really is Eureka: The Class.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I was saying in discord - Blue Mages are kind of odd because there is no way to put them into the game in a way that will properly please everyone. You either let players really copy monster abilities, but there's no way to balance that for group content. The other option is to completely neuter the monster abilities and make them just normal class actions but then people will complain that it's not a *true* blue mage - just in the same way people complain about summoners using egis instead of full versions of the primals.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
believe it or not there are people, maybe even the majority, of people who play this game and are perfectly fine doing solo content and other casual content. watching people cry like this because they added something Not For Me!!! is funny

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Samael posted:

Who cares about this blue mage poo poo when you can't play with your friends. :(

Which is why they're offering free transfers with no wealth restrictions for 2 weeks.

Cabbit posted:

Man this really is Eureka: The Class.

Except this actually looks good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

here's the thing about that content thought, You can do it with any class. There's a difference between making content that's solo-able that anyone can do how they like and turning one of the most requested classes into an entire Solo based experience that doesn't work with the majority of the content in the game.
I mean it sounds like they work with just about every piece of content (in a premade)

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

The content itself looks pretty dope but sorry if you were really wanting to raid on BLU I guess lol

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

it's already how i play the rest of the game?? :confused:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Samael posted:

Transfer?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if you can't use it in endgame content it's not loving worth adding

in conclusion, delete housing

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Ohtsam posted:

Except this actually looks good

Well it couldn't be worse than actual Eureka.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
This overreaction over BLU is hilarious!
I'm loving glad its not another regular boring caster dps and that it might instead be real cool and fun side content to run with few friends or have solo challenges etc.

And hey, should be glad you cannot join regular PF party stuff with it, cause that probably means you won't ever need to go to Eureka to grind poo poo for BLU!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

here's the thing about that content thought, You can do it with any class.

Yeah, and now (or in a bit) I can do it with a new class in a different way

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The more I think about this the more I'm fine with it. Not everything has to be for everyone.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

You're welcome to come join my 1 tank/1 healer/6 blue mage ifrit parties to try and learn your lava cracks.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait, no, I'm upset now I'm going to get lameass BLU gear cluttering up my beautiful ranged DPS glamour options!!!!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They should make BLU glamour available for all classes to make up for it being a single-player class or whatever. I'd wear that coat on anything and everything.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

somepartsareme posted:

believe it or not there are people, maybe even the majority, of people who play this game and are perfectly fine doing solo content and other casual content. watching people cry like this because they added something Not For Me!!! is funny
except now they have to constantly keep blue mage updated in order for them to not run out of content because it's an entirely separate path compared to everything else

so what'll happen is either people just stop playing blue mage due to large amounts of content drought between patches or they're eventually reworked to play nicely with everything else

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Yes, transfer from my FC who are pretty much my second family or let my static die, what a decision.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Arist posted:

Maybe Gunblade and Dancer will be solo classes too. :v:

Really wonder if they’ll change BLU based on reactions or not.

I think the class fantasy of using monster abilities would work fine with being a regular class.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 18, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

dreffen posted:

when it's out in two to four months? Not likely.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Japan does not care about Blu people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

dreffen posted:

They won't. It's waaaay too late for that. There is no time to retool, and to effectively build an entirely new Job, in the two months between now and 4.5 when BLU launches.

Tbh I'm happy to have more non-raid content in this game. Non-raid content is FF14s biggest weakness.