Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Blizzard: "We're going to announce a new Diablo game that is going to be mobile at Blizzcon!"
Square-Enix: "Hold my beer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is nowhere near that level, even as someone who doesn't think the first thing is even that bad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
BLU is dead. My hype is dead. :smith:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

gently caress all y'all I'm still way excited for Blue Mage. I get to loving Ice Bow and Eruption poo poo.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Now that BLU is confirmed to be non-standard i have a feeling that Gunblade is going to be a dps leaving us with no new tank class.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

2 weeks of free transfers if you're affected though. And no wealth transfer limits.

This doesn't mean poo poo if you have a house, or friends in your FC who you don't raid with

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I bet Gunblade will still be tank

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

That’s fair about not being able to retool it with it coming so soon.

I still feel like it could work, I dunno. Make the challenge stuff where you’re using crazy abilities while still using normally scaled monster abilities outside of that challenge content.

I’m not exactly attached to Blue Mage so it’s not really high on my list outside of another cool class fantasy.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
The BluFever leak said Gunblade tank iirc, so I would expect that

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

somepartsareme posted:

did it also leak bunnies because i want bunnies

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

voltcatfish posted:

did it also leak bunnies because i want bunnies

Yeah; and Yoshi teased it pretty hard yesterday.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

It's actually Ivalician moogles

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I like what they're going with for BLU, but I hope as time passes they lax on the limitations. At the very least I'd like to solo deep dungeons.

But I'm into it! Its something quirky. Hopefully it wont be the bad kind of quirky like eureka! Have to wait and see.

I'd be upset if BLU was an expansion feature. It's not. So. :shrug:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The motorcycle is on the mogstation now, but it looks like the site is getting hammered right now and attempts to select a credit card for payment are erroring out?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Captain Oblivious posted:

They won't. It's waaaay too late for that. There is no time to retool, and to effectively build an entirely new Job, in the two months between now and 4.5 when BLU launches.

Tbh I'm happy to have more non-raid content in this game. Non-raid content is FF14s biggest weakness.

Is "go beat up monsters in the overworld by yourself" really the non-raid content people are looking for?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean if given the choice between them going full retard and just giving Blue a bunch of crazy monster moves [But you can't use it in queues] and having it just be some DPS reskinned abilities? I'd rather they go big and weird with it. You have a million other classes that work like everything else, they can mix it up with one.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Thundarr posted:

The motorcycle is on the mogstation now, but it looks like the site is getting hammered right now and attempts to select a credit card for payment are erroring out?

lol if you didnt have se email you a code

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

it'd be okay if you could at least use it in endgame dungeons? like, not being able to raid or do extreme primals would blow but okay so long as you can do other relevant content with friends, not - whatever this is.

who wants to run old dungeons just so your friend can play blue mage? and i don't think it's very likely they'll make blue mage so op it can solo any content other classes can't solo at the same level. i guess it'll be nice when helping friends level, but then you always need to have a 4-man group which is - often difficult, and the party finder likely wont be very much help outside of the initial first or second week of blue mage fervor.

i don't really mind the idea of there being like, more solo content in the game, but this just seems like a weird and bad compromise between "hey let's put blue mage in the game" and "hey more solo content." so ultimately this is just another [Sightseeing/Fishing/etc] log. if it had its own spun off flavor that'd probably be fine, but marketing it as "blue mage the job!" was a enormous mistake i think.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Is "go beat up monsters in the overworld by yourself" really the non-raid content people are looking for?
Or you know, do dungeons instead.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Thundarr posted:

I saw it was 30 dollars and left so I'm not part of that problem.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I could see them eventually opening it up to be a "regular" job in the future that isn't level cap restricted come next expac, but I think they're understandably cautious about immediately launching out of the gate with what well could be an insane balancing nightmare. Probably better to take it slow instead of having to dash people's dreams by kneecapping them after it's been put out into the wild.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

oh no blimp issue posted:

lol if you didnt have se email you a code

The Rio is full to bursting with people who got hosed out of actual fanfest tickets.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vermain posted:

I could see them eventually opening it up to be a "regular" job in the future that isn't level cap restricted come next expac, but I think they're understandably cautious about immediately launching out of the gate with what well could be an insane balancing nightmare. Probably better to take it slow instead of having to dash people's dreams by kneecapping them after it's been put out into the wild.

I really don't think they're going to do that when hypothetically you could get a BLU in duty finder with literally no spells, not to mention that it's probably not going to fit into the DPS/Caster/Tank triangle

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Thundarr posted:

The Rio is full to bursting with people who got hosed out of actual fanfest tickets.

How so? You buy them a while in advance don’t you?

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Please look forward to the only practical use of Blue Mages being killing hunts instantly with LV 5 Death, I guess

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

dreffen posted:

How so? You buy them a while in advance don’t you?

The ticket sales system was kind of screwy, and a whole lot of people who got into it right as it opened ended up being told that all tickets were sold out while they were still in queue (while other people who got into the queue after them did get tickets). It was a mess. Some of us said gently caress it and came to Vegas for vacation and hang out with our in-game friends anyway.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Thundarr posted:

this motorbike is sick and i only paid £60 for the privilege of getting it for free

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Mulva posted:

I mean if given the choice between them going full retard and just giving Blue a bunch of crazy monster moves [But you can't use it in queues] and having it just be some DPS reskinned abilities? I'd rather they go big and weird with it. You have a million other classes that work like everything else, they can mix it up with one.

How about the multibillion dollar company do both?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Cabbit posted:

It sounds like exp from world mobs is adjusted when you're blue mage so maybe :shrug:

I cracked a joke with my friends that this is their permanent solution to keeping lower level areas populated after atma but that might actually be it lol

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

I really don't think they're going to do that when hypothetically you could get a BLU in duty finder with literally no spells, not to mention that it's probably not going to fit into the DPS/Caster/Tank triangle
i think they could work that into something interesting though by adding a specific 'Limited Job' party slot. essentially jobs that can do wacky dumb poo poo, and then let blue mage compete with beast tamer, puppet master etc.

the issue of blue mages not having spells could be fixed through a bit of gate checking

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Thundarr posted:

The ticket sales system was kind of screwy, and a whole lot of people who got into it right as it opened ended up being told that all tickets were sold out while they were still in queue (while other people who got into the queue after them did get tickets). It was a mess. Some of us said gently caress it and came to Vegas for vacation and hang out with our in-game friends anyway.

They need to get a bigger venue and a better ticketing system for next time around. (Though do any big cons not have ticketing issues?)

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Thundarr posted:

Well that’s a bummer. At least there’s still getting drunk with friends though.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Comparing BLU announcement to blizzards diablo fiasco? What the hell drugs are you on?
"Oh no I'm restricted to play with my friends or do unique content which we yet have no info on, instead of DF with all the bad pubbies after sitting in the 30min+ DPS queue!" vs "Oh boy a new diablo game sure would be awesome, oops its on loving mobile devices and not on any actual gaming platforms"

If there's anything I could see people be legit upset about, then it would be the data center split, which could ruin statics/FCs/friends for some people and potentially slow down the DF queues a lot.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

I'm hoping this is accurate. Honestly it's mostly because none of the current tanks really have an aesthetic I love, but tanking with Garlean magitech stuff sounds awesome.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Choyi posted:

Comparing BLU announcement to blizzards diablo fiasco? What the hell drugs are you on?
"Oh no I'm restricted to play with my friends or do unique content which we yet have no info on, instead of DF with all the bad pubbies after sitting in the 30min+ DPS queue!" vs "Oh boy a new diablo game sure would be awesome, oops its on loving mobile devices and not on any actual gaming platforms"

Everything is a slap in the face to a gamer.

Equal and all bad.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm not angry about blue mage, just disappointed.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

GUN is a healer where you shoot people to make them better

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Blizzard: "We're going to announce a new Diablo game that is going to be mobile at Blizzcon!"
Square-Enix: "Hold my beer."

This is a really bad post

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The solo content is going to suck and YoshiP is going to say how pleased the team is that 5% of the game completed it because they only expected 1% to, just like Eureka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

kirbysuperstar posted:

This is a really bad post

To be fair he’s really good at those.