Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Shield Bash damage reduced from 50 to 5, pretty funny joke Phlag-

wait that's actual PTR patch notes what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Max Awfuls posted:

The Brig changes make her stronger for people playing Goats in higher ranks but totally defangs her in lower ranks where people don't play in any sort of organized way and will not reap the rewards of the buff to her healing aura. The low tier Brig players will not be able to do poo poo to Tracer/Genji, so the next logical step is for them to move to Moira. Cue desperate braying about how Moira is unfun to play against, leading Blizzard to marginally buff her healing abilites while wrecking her offensive abilites.

You realize the "buff to her healing aura" is that it lasts 1 second longer and heals a whopping 0.66 more HP per second, right? And it doesn't stack, so the increased duration only matters when it runs out, in which case it provides an absolutely staggering 20 more HP than before. It's a joke.

e: Yeah honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see Moira get nerfed. She's a healer who's kinda hard for Tracer to kill and that is not allowed.

megane fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 18, 2018

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

DeliciousCookie posted:

Its an Ult. Thats like saying Lucio's ult hard counters Tracer. I mean sure, its semi true while it lasts, but the moment its finished, its no longer an issue. Also, thanks to the nerf, she'll not build ult quite as fast anymore too.

The regular armor pack heal is enough to negate tracer. Tracer does not do well vs. large burst healing, because she can't stay in a fight for a long time. The overheal giving up to ~150 effective hp and bursting 150 healing shuts down tracer by herself. Because it drastically lengthens the TTK for tracer (or any other low damage bullet character for that matter), it disincentivizes running any of those characters vs. a team that has Brig.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

megane posted:

You realize the "buff to her healing aura" is that it lasts 1 second longer and heals a whopping 0.66 more HP per second, right? And it doesn't stack, so the increased duration only matters when it runs out, in which case it provides an absolutely staggering 20 more HP than before. It's a joke.

I concede that I stopped reading all the intricacies after I saw the shield damage nerf because for me that makes her as good as dead now. The nerf to her ability to bash through shields made sense so she wouldn't bully tanks but this is just Blizzard grovelling to the worst sections of the fan base.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

a tracer or genji that got bashed by brigitte was as good as dead just from being stunned for a full second, never mind brig being able to kill them herself. now brigittes have to rely on their teammates to confirm the kill instead of single-handedly murdering flankers and supports

honestly I don't mind if they nerf brigitte into the ground. her absence will help remind everyone why we need her

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I play a lot of brig and like playing brig and what she brings to the game, and I still think it's a good nerf. She literally erased tracer from the game. This will make tracer vs brig an interesting matchup or at least stalemate.

Brig can still operate just fine as a denier and she will still be deadly if you can't disengage. In the worst uses of bash, it will just ensure that you can land you flail without putting yourself in too much danger.

e: that said, there are going to be a LOT of tracers sticking bombs on brigs. Revenge for these dark months of tracerdom.

headcase fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 18, 2018

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011

berenzen posted:

The regular armor pack heal is enough to negate tracer. Tracer does not do well vs. large burst healing, because she can't stay in a fight for a long time. The overheal giving up to ~150 effective hp and bursting 150 healing shuts down tracer by herself. Because it drastically lengthens the TTK for tracer (or any other low damage bullet character for that matter), it disincentivizes running any of those characters vs. a team that has Brig.

By that logic, all healing negates Tracer because it lengthens the time it takes for her to kill anything. Brig's heal is on a cooldown, just like how Recall has a cooldown as well. If you wait till she uses it, theres a period of time when she can not toss another one. Also, it can only work on a single solitary target at a time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

armor is way worse for tracer than just regular healing. it's even worse for reaper and hog but they're not as good and people don't care about them

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

armor is way worse for tracer than just regular healing. it's even worse for reaper and hog but they're not as good and people don't care about them

Yeah 1 armor pack will deny 2 tracer clips and give brig and the target time to focus her.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
It has always seemed weird to me that Brig is the best duelist in the game. Like, yes she's also melee range but A) her shield means if she can't do anything to you you generally can't do anything to her and B) this game basically forces you into melee range half the time.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

headcase posted:

I play a lot of brig and like playing brig and what she brings to the game, and I still think it's a good nerf. She literally erased tracer from the game. This will make tracer vs brig an interesting matchup or at least stalemate.

Brig can still operate just fine as a denier and she will still be deadly if you can't disengage. In the worst uses of bash, it will just ensure that you can land you flail without putting yourself in too much danger.

e: that said, there are going to be a LOT of tracers sticking bombs on brigs. Revenge for these dark months of tracerdom.

That's the thing, Tracer can always disengage. That's her whole schtick, every button on her keyboard is labeled "instantly teleport to safety." If she gets a single frame unstunned she is 100% safe at no cost to her.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

megane posted:

That's the thing, Tracer can always disengage. That's her whole schtick, every button on her keyboard is labeled "instantly teleport to safety." If she gets a single frame unstunned she is 100% safe at no cost to her.

For years, making tracer rewind was counted as a win. Tracer won't be able to get through brigs shield and armor at a pace faster than her self healing. This is a stalemate, and one that isn't useful for tracer to engage in. If tracer goes for the other healer, brig will be there with armor pack and stuns.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

porfiria posted:

It has always seemed weird to me that Brig is the best duelist in the game. Like, yes she's also melee range but A) her shield means if she can't do anything to you you generally can't do anything to her and B) this game basically forces you into melee range half the time.
This is just silly. Without the context of a team fight and if it was only a pure 1v1, most of the DPS characters would wreck her shield from a distance and then mow her down, the only ones who have to move close enough to her to get beaten down are Reaper, Tracer and arguably Genji. I play mostly Junkrat on DM and I'm always happy when I see Brigs pop up because they're walking free kills for me unless they catch me completely unaware or fighting against others.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

DeliciousCookie posted:

By that logic, all healing negates Tracer because it lengthens the time it takes for her to kill anything. Brig's heal is on a cooldown, just like how Recall has a cooldown as well. If you wait till she uses it, theres a period of time when she can not toss another one. Also, it can only work on a single solitary target at a time.

Tracer is specifically about focusfiring one character at a time. Denying that ability by fully healing the character is huge. Sustained healing is something that can be burned through because the amount is so small that it's only 30-50 extra health that tracer needs to burn through.

Like the other time that tracer was forced out of the meta was when Ana was busted, because she could burst enough healing to outpace tracer's damage with nade, and she was too dangerous to go after because she could 2-tap you or sleep you and murder the poo poo out of you. Except Brigitte is worse because she also fucks over huge amount of not-Tracer characters like Roadhog and Reaper, because their guns are utter trash vs armour.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Reaper is easily the most shat upon character in the history of Overwatch.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
That Brig nerf is pretty much Blizzard making it extremely clear that you should no longer bother playing Overwatch if you aren't a DPS player.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
That's pretty good, but I have faith we can bring in even more dramatic takes if we try.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

headcase posted:

For years, making tracer rewind was counted as a win. Tracer won't be able to get through brigs shield and armor at a pace faster than her self healing. This is a stalemate, and one that isn't useful for tracer to engage in. If tracer goes for the other healer, brig will be there with armor pack and stuns.

So tracer can't 1v1 brig so nerf brig? Seems kinda silly

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

It's funny to me that Tracer is the yardstick for "hard to counter dps" when Genji has both horizontal and vertical mobility and what feels like a <1 second time to kill basically anything but tanks by right-clicking, deflecting and dashing, the latter also taking him halfway to safety in case he somehow fucks it up.

In case you couldn't tell, I hate Genji.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

*thinking extremely hard* wait... if tracer was so good, why didn't... *nose bleeding, veins bulging* they just... nerf tracer?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gentlemen you can’t have characters good at shooting be useful in here, this is a team based shooter!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If in-combat healing is going to be as insanely strong as it is in Overwatch the healers need to be at least somewhat vulnerable, instead of basically invincible.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
If you're playing as Tracer and you can't backdoor brig then I don't know what to tell you

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Field Mousepad posted:

If you're playing as Tracer and you can't backdoor brig then I don't know what to tell you

lol

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kanfy posted:

That's pretty good, but I have faith we can bring in even more dramatic takes if we try.

Jeff Kaplan literally murdered my parents.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

Please don’t post about your fanfics here

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

So did the change that hosed up Reaper's pellet distribution go through? Or did they fix it to be not as hosed up? Because his damage output feels kinda low to me (maybe because I don't play him often)

megane
Jun 20, 2008

They fixed it but his damage is still terrible unless you're close enough to feed your guns to the target like baby food.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Seagull was right :mad:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Torbjorn is easily the worst character in the game by a huuuge margin. The rework was good but horribly undertuned. Molten Core locks him out of doing damage for literally 1/3 of the duration. His gun is godawful. He has a gigantic headbox. His sentry turret takes ages to set up. His ult is a loving joke.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

his gun is good tho and his e makes him a huge threat

biggest problems are his ult is undertuned and his head is the size of a barn. so easy for hitscan to trash him when he can't hit e

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

in what world is his gun good? I would take almost every single other hero's gun over Torb's slow projectile, weird arc, slow firing rate, and long reload time.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

They should rework the lava pellets into globby floater shots with considerable air time, and if you can squarely peg someone with one then they burn for the duration. Purgable with zarya shield, ice block, translocator out, etc. Still rolls off of shields.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was always good? main and alt fire both have good damage and they're easy to use. he's not a dps hero so obviously he's normally not as strong as one, but torb can win 1v1s against nearly any hero while using e. like I said, his main problem is that his hitbox is huge. that means he dies too fast to take fights he could otherwise win and that snipers eat him alive

as for his ult, you could fix that by dividing the damage between dot and direct damage from standing in the lava. if it set you on fire when you stand on it, molten core would be way beter as a zoning ult and probably get more kills besides

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Keep Torb the same but bring back his armor packs and his ult still lets his turret hit level three while the lava is on the ground.

I had some other suggestions but i replaced them with a thought I just had. They should add a hero with both shield health and armor health.

Also they should add other types of colored gimmick health until ever relevant color is used.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 19, 2018

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

porfiria posted:

Reaper is easily the most shat upon character in the history of Overwatch.

We're talking about mechanics not the characters' own headcanon

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I really liked old reaper. He never seemed to be the best in the meta but in QP he was still really good. Now his damage feels really terrible and I only ever use him if I want to delete roadhogs

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
With all this whining about brig's stun. Why is her bash any different then McCree's Stun?

He can stun much better and at range. Guess he can't fan tracer unless he is right next to her after the stun but that still true with Brig.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Even at eight seconds that's still two faster than flashbang, its short range is still within her (sensible) engagement range, it can't be deflected or DMed and (for the moment) it penetrates shields, and it's a decent knockback that combos into her other displacement effect, AND you'd may as well have an invulnerability frame in front of it because you can't do it unless you're already behind your shield (which is also its only downside; an alert Zarya can turn the duel against her). Flashbang is really good but shield bash is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

flakeloaf posted:

Even at eight seconds that's still two faster than flashbang, its short range is still within her (sensible) engagement range, it can't be deflected or DMed and (for the moment) it penetrates shields, and it's a decent knockback that combos into her other displacement effect, AND you'd may as well have an invulnerability frame in front of it because you can't do it unless you're already behind your shield (which is also its only downside; an alert Zarya can turn the duel against her). Flashbang is really good but shield bash is fantastic.

Flashbang can be thrown around shields pretty easily. Funny they are removing that from her bash when McCree can keep his.