Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Drythe posted:

lol public domain and disney

my man they made congress change the law just so mickey wouldn't go into public domain. what do you think will happen with marvel

one day disney's switch-flipper will forget to flip the switch, and it will all fall into public domain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol Brevik needs to get sober

Why would you even hypothetically rob me of joy like this

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Ok but this is good

I love you daddy Brevik

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Brevik gave me a free copy of his new game, he is very cool and good

Game's pretty good, too!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Hey it makes a lot of sense, and also makes me hate Activision/Blizzard even more.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guys, the new hotness will be Torchlight Frontiers.

If you’re following along, alpha is this weekend and many of us are receiving alpha keys.

What I’m saying is, check your email if you’re following the game. We are gonna have a big group in for the weekend and we HOPE ITS GREAT.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
"employee" holy loving lol internet it's brevik

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Ok but this is good

I love you daddy Brevik

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If you’re following along, alpha is this weekend and many of us are receiving alpha keys.

What I’m saying is, check your email if you’re following the game. We are gonna have a big group in for the weekend and we HOPE ITS GREAT.

All I got was an email about a Closed Alpha Livestream.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Also: trip report: Density 2 was good for a couple of days but overall I got bored of making my way through tunnels that in any other game would be filled with enemies for you to fight but are instead, in this one, designed solely to multiply play time while you listen to the game score.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You must not be playing it right then because I can't hear the game score just a podcast.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

well, the game score is how they intended it to be played. it's still a collection of empty corridors regardless of how you listen to it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

What do you mean what must I do to have TL3 break my heart worse than 2 did

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Comrade Brevik, hates shining captain of free industry markets capitalism activision as it strives to out EA EA, and even has the beard to prove it.

suction
Jul 17, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

no, this is the new hotness https://store.steampowered.com/app/939520/HELLGATE_London/

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Already bought it don’t worry.

Single player BOOOOO

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
hello does rocket racon have anyt malee moves or is he fully range

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Blackdog420 posted:

hello does rocket racon have anyt malee moves or is he fully range

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/6Mw6uwZ.gifv

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just gifted out 5 copies of Grim Dawn. Looking to fire it up again this weekend for some multiplayer goodness.

Torchlight Frontiers has me jazzed up for some “closest to MH we are gonna get” gameplay.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Didn't torchlight studio go under?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm actually really kind of surprised nobody's hacked together a server emulator or anything for this yet. Clearly there's demand, given that there's a horde of unbelievable brokebrains in this thread passing around memes that have long since become so divorced from their original context as to be bizarre and incomprehensible to outsiders.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

I played Hellgate when it came out in 2006. It was a blah 3D Diablo clone with a bug that made your framerate plummet after half an hour.

Now it's being re-released by some Korean MMO company with no bugfixes or new features at all, and multiplayer chopped out.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm actually really kind of surprised nobody's hacked together a server emulator or anything for this yet. Clearly there's demand, given that there's a horde of unbelievable brokebrains in this thread passing around memes that have long since become so divorced from their original context as to be bizarre and incomprehensible to outsiders.

I've always wondered what someone just coming into the discord thinks when they see a bunch of abject lunatics talking about yellowman racon 69 hotdogs.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

yellowman uses hotdogs to seduce racon into 69

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

switch flipper

trem
Sep 17, 2009
please stop insulting my mom rouge

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
disneydick

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Gynovore posted:

I played Hellgate when it came out in 2006. It was a blah 3D Diablo clone with a bug that made your framerate plummet after half an hour.

Now it's being re-released by some Korean MMO company with no bugfixes or new features at all, and multiplayer chopped out.

My favorite was all the portals that opened for each player.

https://youtu.be/BVQjqEK20nM

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
When did the servers go down? It’s gotta be coming up on the one year mark, right?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Almost, it closed on the 28th

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

We should have a party

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Erdricks posted:

Didn't torchlight studio go under?

Like right after Hob came out, yeah. Which is a shame because I thought it was a fun little game.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it's really hard to make a server emulator for a game that shuts down abruptly. nobody had enough time to prod the server in every possible way to gather logs of server-client communication so that it could be reverse-engineered

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

all the extreme diehard marvel heroes lets do a server brokebrains are, rather than genius coders, mentally ill people who ride giant bicycles or threaten to shoot up an office because frank castle's hairline is wrong

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

or shudder comixfan

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lux Aeterna posted:

We should have a boon party

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

No joke I still had a rif and sif boons up on the last week of the game

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Lux Aeterna posted:

No joke I still had a rif and sif boons up on the last week of the game

F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I never logged in and played as Carnage. Probably my greatest regret in life.