Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I wouldn't mind recreating Movie Night from Venture Bros in Hitman...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I could imagine a level with an Elon Musk/Richard Branson type throwing a party on their giant luxury space station. Maybe another target could have stolen ICBM launch codes and plans to launch them so Earth below burns a la the plot of Moonraker. Unique kills are sucking out the oxygen in part or whole of the space station so everyone dies in a freak 'accident', sabotaging a space suit's jet thrusters so the target is sent flying off to the darkest reaches of space/burns up in the atmosphere, turning up the artificial gravity so the target is crushed under the weight, etc etc.

Basically you should be able to pull off Movie Night from Venture Bros.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltV016RouaI

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 18, 2018

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

explosivo posted:

Had my first hard crash on the last map during a pretty freaking exciting moment. Kind of a bummer. :smith:
Same, at least I managed to the this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Mantis42 posted:

I could imagine a level with an Elon Musk/Richard Branson type throwing a party on their giant luxury space station. Maybe another target could have stolen ICBM launch codes and plans to launch them so Earth below burns a la the plot of Moonraker. Unique kills are sucking out the oxygen in part or whole of the space station so everyone dies in a freak 'accident', sabotaging a space suit's jet thrusters so the target is sent flying off to the darkest reaches of space/burns up in the atmosphere, turning up the artificial gravity so the target is crushed under the weight, etc etc.

Basically you should be able to pull off Movie Night from Venture Bros.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltV016RouaI

Thomas Cross, Jordan's father owns a space station...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Funky Valentine posted:

"47, you are being sent to Space to eliminate Lord Freeza, galactic tyrant and real-estate conman."

You need to watch Super, they basically have Space Agent 47 from the universe next door.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You need to watch Super, they basically have Space Agent 47 from the universe next door.

Story checks out. Hit doesn't throw nearly as many wrenches at peoples heads tho.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 18, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It seems like going to space is definitely a thing rich people can easily do in this universe, so it's not that far out there to have a mission in space. It doesn't even have to be zero-g. It could be like Gargantua 2 in Venture Bros.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah half the people in the final mission are talking about Ark space colonies. Have one that's like idk 47 goes to Mars in this one, you can push someone out an airlock and escape on a rocket ship

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
A space station or moon base would have so many amazing kill opportunities. :allears:

I would also accept an undersea base, for a different flavor of James Bond and the inevitable opportunity to assassinate someone by getting a shark to eat them.

Come to think of it, besides the cruise liner level I'd hoped for from a 'North Atlantic' map in this game, a map aboard a military ship could be very interesting. An American supercarrier has a crew of over a thousand and could make for a really interesting level.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Axetrain posted:

Story checks out. Hit doesn't throw nearly as many wrenches at peoples heads tho.

*in Agent 47 voice* Time to make the donuts.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Cythereal posted:

...An American supercarrier has a crew of over a thousand and could make for a really interesting level.

Let me tell you a little bit about a game called Alekhine's Gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRBz7WQ-ko

It's terrible,don't buy it

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Cythereal posted:

I would also accept an undersea base, for a different flavor of James Bond and the inevitable opportunity to assassinate someone by getting a shark to eat them.

There is one shark-based assassination already, but yours sounds cooler :coolfish:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Nckdictator posted:

Let me tell you a little bit about a game called Alekhine's Gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRBz7WQ-ko

It's terrible,don't buy it

its too bad because ww2/cold war hitman is a great premise but no one has really replicated the formula

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

There's the Death to Spies games. They're a bit rough though.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

There's the Death to Spies games. They're a bit rough though.

death to spies are actually the prequels to alkehine's gun. i tried them briefly but while they're less technically awful they're still not great

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh wow, I'd never heard of that game so I didn't realize it was all part of the same franchise. Oops.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Is there any way to restore my Hitman 1 mastery levels/unlocks in Hitman 2, or am I stuck just going back and leveling hokkido up to 20 if I want the frisk gun for example?

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

DeathSandwich posted:

am I stuck just going back and leveling hokkido up to 20 if I want the frisk gun for example?

It's this one.

On one hand, a great reason to replay the old levels and show them who is the boss (it's you). On the other hand there's so many way to play Hitman, do you really need to go out of your way to get that specific tool?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Hitman Megathread: No, You Can't Import Your Old Unlocks

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Man I'm not looking forward to pro saso Bangkok again

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I am so happy that the briefcase is back and you can even use it in Hitman 1 levels. I'm having a great time killing targets with the exploding duck.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

Is there any way to restore my Hitman 1 mastery levels/unlocks in Hitman 2, or am I stuck just going back and leveling hokkido up to 20 if I want the frisk gun for example?

I would like to know this too.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it would very silly for them to give you the old maps, but remove half the reason for wanting to play them

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

The Kins posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Hitman Megathread: No, You Can't Import Your Old Unlocks

Mods, please.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Replaying the old maps is fun and good. It seems like they changed some of the unlocks anyway. Do I wish I could have all the stuff I had in Hitman 1? Yeah, but I'll get it all back eventually.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Upside is that when you unlock the old and new version of something you can, iirc, take both at once. (makes some challenges a fuckload easier)

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anybody know how to do the Who Wants Chowder challenge on Sgail? It requires poisoning like 5 people but I haven't found any lethal poison on the map.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Can you SASO Robert Knox in Miami with a sniper rifle? I can wipe out his daughter but his body guard always joins when I snipe his lappy.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bakanogami posted:

Does anybody know how to do the Who Wants Chowder challenge on Sgail? It requires poisoning like 5 people but I haven't found any lethal poison on the map.

Does non lethal rat poison not work? I'm not sure how to pull off any of the toast poisoning challenges anyway, I haven't found a disguise that gives you access to the room and lets you poison indiscreetly, and there are people fuckig everywhere

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Bakanogami posted:

It's a reference to the ipecac scene from Family Guy, so my guess is you're supposed to poison everyone with emetic. You'll need 5 sources of emetic poison for the four council members and Sophia; you can't poison Block's drink, nor would you really want to.

goferchan posted:

Does non lethal rat poison not work? I'm not sure how to pull off any of the toast poisoning challenges anyway, I haven't found a disguise that gives you access to the room and lets you poison indiscreetly, and there are people fuckig everywhere
The waiters with the striped vests and peacock masks can go upstairs, though they'll be frisked. This should be intuitively clear, as there's one or two up there already. They can poison all the drinks right in front of the four people in the room.

EDIT: Similar Sgail question, how the hell do you do The Final Countdown? It says you have to kill the twins "after the Constant escapes," but as far as I can tell you can't do anything about the Constant until the twins are dead. Is there some way to either trigger him to respond to 47 earlier, or a way to make him forcibly evacuate somehow?

Nakar fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 18, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Could you knock one of them out to get the kill switch from them, use that to convince him to leave, and then go back and actually kill her?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Nakar posted:

EDIT: Similar Sgail question, how the hell do you do The Final Countdown? It says you have to kill the twins "after the Constant escapes," but as far as I can tell you can't do anything about the Constant until the twins are dead. Is there some way to either trigger him to respond to 47 earlier, or a way to make him forcibly evacuate somehow?

I was experimenting with the sniper rifle there and I killed the Upstairs lady which made the Downstairs lady sad and made The Constant run to the helicopter which Lucas Gray steals and gets him away. It causes a 5 minute countdown for you to kill the last sister. I guess you could trigger that escape with both alive??

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

goferchan posted:

Could you knock one of them out to get the kill switch from them, use that to convince him to leave, and then go back and actually kill her?
No. You can't talk to the Constant at all even if you have one (or both!) unless the objective updates to talk to him, which only happens when the twins are dead. There's clearly some way to make it happen, and it appears to involve the helicopter since that's the challenge icon, but I have yet to figure out what or how.

mary had a little clam posted:

I was experimenting with the sniper rifle there and I killed the Upstairs lady which made the Downstairs lady sad and made The Constant run to the helicopter which Lucas Gray steals and gets him away. It causes a 5 minute countdown for you to kill the last sister. I guess you could trigger that escape with both alive??
Hmm. Maybe if you spook the Constant enough, or spook the targets enough, without killing any of them?

EDIT: Figured it out. Knock him out, then let someone discover him and wake him up. This seems to make him evacuate pretty reliably.

EDIT EDIT: Now I wonder how you get King of the Castle except by physically dragging Zoe all the way upstairs. You can get Sophia to the penthouse, but how do you get her sister there in a non-insane way?

Nakar fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 18, 2018

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

he's even bald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwYTCDuoj-g

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hadn't noticed if you equip the blindfolded Entertainer disguise on Sgail everything goes dim because 47 is navigating purely using instinct mode.

Also holy poo poo I already have full mastery on Miami but I hadn't known about the stig disguise.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Bakanogami posted:

I hadn't noticed if you equip the blindfolded Entertainer disguise on Sgail everything goes dim because 47 is navigating purely using instinct mode.
Yeah, and if you equip the knight armor disguise you can't crouch or climb/vault anymore. Wish more disguises had weird quirks like that.

Though my favorite disguise-related thing has nothing to do with 47: I was doing contracts that required killing the mascots in Miami and kept whiffing headshots until it occurred to me that the head of the flamingo is not where the human head is located.

:negative:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ripper Swarm posted:

On one hand, a great reason to replay the old levels and show them who is the boss (it's you). On the other hand there's so many way to play Hitman, do you really need to go out of your way to get that specific tool?

Mostly I was just salty that I didn't have Deadly/emetic vials available from the word go. Emetic is usually easy enough to find on the ground in the mission, but sometimes I just want to drop deadly poison and go and that's a lot harder to find in mission except in certain circumstances (deadly fugu fish).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The gun that goes through frisks is a lot worse now cause it's not silenced/supressed. Just a 5 shot tiny gun.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So I'm playing Hitman 2016 through through Hitman 2, how do I unlock the lockpick? I thought it was unlocked by default before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
Did they re-record Diana's prologue lines with a new actress? She sounds much higher pitched and it's kind of distracting!