Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

lovely Wizard posted:

If they actually follow through on the "we'll fix it up and add more content, honest!" poo poo I might give it a try in the future.

keep in mind that they were saying "we'll fix it up by the end of the beta, honest!" and look how that turned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
In Fallout 4 there was a story about a 'Grenade Guy' who wandered the wastes making sounds with his mouth, as in motorbike sounds as he walked along and threw fake grenades to get away Bandits.
The bandits mention him if you sneak up close to hear them talk.

If there is a constant open voice chat in 76, why hasn't someone decided to cosplay this guy yet?!?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

happyhippy posted:

In Fallout 4 there was a story about a 'Grenade Guy' who wandered the wastes making sounds with his mouth, as in motorbike sounds as he walked along and threw fake grenades to get away Bandits.

If there is a constant open voice chat in 76, why hasn't someone decided to cosplay this guy yet?!?

That was one of my favorite moments in FO4... I couldn't even kill those raiders after that.

Also I would lose my poo poo if I heard someone doing that in game.

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 18, 2018

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

happyhippy posted:

That settles it, now they need to make a Fallout movie while Michael Winslow is still alive.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
starfield and ES6 will use the same loving engine lmao

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

lalaland posted:

starfield and ES6 will use the same loving engine lmao

nuh uh, they'll be on Creation Engine 2: Creationer which is a whole new engine cos it has a new name and everything

HamHawkes
Jan 25, 2014
Anyone else find trying to switch weapons using your 1-0 hot keys doesn't work half the time?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Bardeh posted:

nuh uh, they'll be on Creation Engine 2: Creationer which is a whole new engine cos it has a new name and everything

If the difference between Creation Engine 2 and 1 is the same as it was between the Oblivion engine and Skyrim engine it should be fine.

And depending what Starfield is going to be about they have to rewrite most of the engine just to make the game work at all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Starfield and the new TES game are definitely going to animate turning characters/spaceships by rotating them around their center axis

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Akumos posted:

This doesn't excuse things but almost every game in existence has horrible bugs or jarring bugs. And on top of that most "AAA" games are bad console ports on PC these days. Bethesda is only unique in that their engine is extremely dated and leads to even more awkward issues like needing a FPS/FoV lock.

People keep saying this in this thread and it's not true, where did this start coming from

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
spaceships will be worn as a hat by an npc running under the geometry.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Zelder posted:

People keep saying this in this thread and it's not true, where did this start coming from

Yeah I've never had another ps4 game crash on me I get one from this about every 2 hours.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Zelder posted:

Apart from some minor visual glitches or little poo poo like NPC's warping around a screen I can't think of many cases where a game has been particularly buggy and I usually play games at release. The last AAA release I can remember that was notably marred with bugs was Assassin's Creed Unity, and even that was largely just a case of the internet cherry picking stuff and spreading it around.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

is 60fps still the hard limit on PC for the engine or whatever

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Zelder posted:

Figure out some game you think is good and go type in google or youtube some keywords about glitches/bugs and I guarantee you'll find some hilarious poo poo. WoW has been a huge game for over 10 years now and there is still a bug in the game where if you fall through the world you can permanently disconnect and have to get a GM to fix your character or some obscure work around.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Akumos posted:

Figure out some game you think is good and go type in google or youtube some keywords about glitches/bugs and I guarantee you'll find some hilarious poo poo. WoW has been a huge game for over 10 years now and there is still a bug in the game where if you fall through the world you can permanently disconnect and have to get a GM to fix your character or some obscure work around.

the difference being those glitches get patched out at some point and even in the case of Blizzard you have GMs to help fix the problem

Bethesda games have had the same bugs since Morrowind, they clearly don't give a poo poo

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
God help me, but i'm tempted to buy this lovely game I'll hardly touch.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Penpal posted:

is 60fps still the hard limit on PC for the engine or whatever

No, you can use the .ini to unlock the framerate. Doing so means you move faster the higher your framerate though, because of some quirk of the physics engine or something :lol:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The crazy thing is they had their beta which 100% unsold me on the game, and I cant be the only one. If they hadnt done that i might have been hyped for it. The fact people got 4+ hours of gameplay in and said hell yeah gimme more of THAT is interesting. Rdr2 and hitman 2 are out now, both are made by competent developers much more deserving of your $, hitman 2 especially

Simiain posted:

Just buy some bourbon and watch a video of someone collect bear asses for hours and complain about the stash limit. Better use of $60 lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I can't wait for crowbcat's video.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Simiain posted:

Welp, I'm sure excited to see Bethesda announce Fallout 77 in a couple years.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Simiain posted:

Spoil the quests for yourself by reading the wiki

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

I assume they're all walking on eggshells because bethesda has been blacklist-happy in the past. The dam will burst eventually though and it will be a thing of beauty

bethesda are morons who don't understand what people want to play, case in point when they dropped DOOM with virtually no review copies and a terrible MP demo. It eventually went on to be a GOTY nominee but imagine how much more successful it could have been with actual marketing and early copies before release. If they didn't have id/machinegames/arkane/shinji mikami in their roster they'd be an incredibly boring company. The only good thing about them seems to be how they haven't gone the way of EA and dissolve devs when Prey or Wolfenstein sell just 1mil copies at launch.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I can't wait for crowbcat's video.

Looks like this guy beat him to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZM18ZK9mOY

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

bethesda are morons who don't understand what people want to play, case in point when they dropped DOOM with virtually no review copies and a terrible MP demo. It eventually went on to be a GOTY nominee but imagine how much more successful it could have been with actual marketing and early copies before release. If they didn't have id/machinegames/arkane/shinji mikami in their roster they'd be an incredibly boring company. The only good thing about them seems to be how they haven't gone the way of EA and dissolve devs when Prey or Wolfenstein sell just 1mil copies at launch.

Looks like this guy beat him to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZM18ZK9mOY

crowbcat uses more ominous music

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

crowbcat uses more ominous music

oh yeah need more Sweet Little Lies

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
The mic interactions have been so odd so far for me, people do NOT know how to interact with strangers in video games

edit: what can I get rid of to get some more inventory space. Steel?

Is there anything I can do with all this spoiled food and veggies?

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 18, 2018

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Akumos posted:

This doesn't excuse things but almost every game in existence has horrible bugs or jarring bugs. And on top of that most "AAA" games are bad console ports on PC these days. Bethesda is only unique in that their engine is extremely dated and leads to even more awkward issues like needing a FPS/FoV lock.

didn't Bethesda literally have a press release capitulating and talking about how buggy 76 was going to be on release and to please stick with it?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The mic interactions have been so odd so far for me, people do NOT know how to interact with strangers in video games

edit: what can I get rid of to get some more inventory space. Steel?

Is there anything I can do with all this spoiled food and veggies?

If you have a ton of steel and still early yes. Steel is gobbled up later with higher level items and power armor.

You can make fertilizer for your farm patches.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If you plan on using a gauss rifle, ammo takes lead and steel, 2mm EC is the cheapest ammo or one of the cheapest to make also. At lvl 50+ I'm kinda out of steel now, I used to throw it away by the thousands. You could easily save space by making the ammo.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 18, 2018

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

DebonaireD posted:

The game is out, there are lots of people here who are playing it, I among them, and it would be nice to have a place to talk about the game and not the company, or the industry or how every bug that someone somewhere has encountered would be loving EMBARRASSING for a 2 person dev team where one of the devs is a dead cat and the other is a microwaved bag of poo poo and its all reused art assets from morrowind.

Yea, I don't agree with forum "safe zones" or whatever but I am playing the game and enjoying it and wanting to talk about it, but apparently this thread isn't going to be the place for that.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

The crazy thing is they had their beta which 100% unsold me on the game, and I cant be the only one. If they hadnt done that i might have been hyped for it. The fact people got 4+ hours of gameplay in and said hell yeah gimme more of THAT is interesting. Rdr2 and hitman 2 are out now, both are made by competent developers much more deserving of your $, hitman 2 especially

Just buy some bourbon and watch a video of someone collect bear asses for hours and complain about the stash limit. Better use of $60 lol

I just finished RDR2 and I enjoyed things about it, but had zero interest in that specific game for exploring the world. I'm definitely enjoying exploring in Fallout 76 and even being interested enough to read some of the computer text when I never did that in Fallout 4.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 18, 2018

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

katkillad2 posted:

Yea, I don't agree with forum "safe zones" or whatever but I am playing the game and enjoying it and wanting to talk about it, but apparently this thread isn't going to be the place for that.

It'll calm down eventually. This is not a fantastic game and not worth $60 but the hate really is hyperbolic. The 20-minute long video of youtubers having a nervous breakdown about bugs was amazing though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Might just be server stuff

https://twitter.com/fallout/status/1064209145904197632?s=21

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There is a second thread to talk about playing the game and a discord channel to meet up in game or ask questions.

We are getting an update to go with this.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Agent355 posted:

it's less about the fact Fallout 4 is about parent child relations and more the way it shoves it down your throat and takes control over what kind of character you are. You aren't allowed to give yourself your own motivations, you just have to yes/no/sarcastic yes/question.

that said fallout 3 is also very not good narratively but I think people just remember it more fondly because it was something new and different. It holds up insanely poorly compared to other games.

Fallout 4 made the BoS rear end in a top hat route actually pretty good because it allows you to change the character you are. I only picked it by how annoyed I was at having to hear "my babyyy" way too many times.

But Fallout 3 was a total shitshow after Tranquility Lane, and was probably only saved by people not bothering to play until the ending, because if you didn't just go "huh, neat" after Liberty Prime and then get distracted from finishing the game, you got to see the ending and the original ending was suuuch a turd. The at-launch ending of FO3 is the worst ending I've ever seen in an AAA videogame and I played ME3 at launch.

These days I just read mock threads instead of buying games when they're new. I'm cured!

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

katkillad2 posted:

The game seems to offer substantially more than Borderlands 2 did, and people didnt hate that??

I mean I get the hate, but taken out of the Bethesda/Fallout 4 context it seems like a basically competent if buggy survivor/shooty/lootery game.

The draw for me is just dinking around the world exploring and listening to the lore, that and watching my numbers go up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The area is so much more interesting to explore compare to 4 so that's nice. The scorched are pretty dumb but meh. I'm having fun. I imagine down the road they'll introduce raiders and stuff. Doing public events with randoms is a good time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

katkillad2 posted:

There's a thread in the Private Game Servers subforum if you want 100% F76 discussion

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
It is infuriating how hard CAMP is hard to deal with. A multiplayer game answers the question of "why am I bothering with making this look good" on putting a bunch of work into a construction but this game absolutely brutally punishes every single aspect of having a complex camp compared to 'my camp is just the C.A.M.P with a bed and every crafting station in a circle.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

This game has its problems, but I legit find the Responders line and the Overseer's story pretty good - somehow the lore in this game is better than Fallout 4. Descending into the mine and passing the Firefighter's final exam was really good and atmospheric.

Of course, the Physical Exam preceding it really highlighted all the worst parts of the game right now, but that's Fallout 76 all over. A land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

God bless twitch. So much money spent on consumables I can actually enjoy.