Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Hello me and my broke brain have been staring at the purchase screen deciding between Eevee and Pikachu. On the one hand I think I'd prefer Eevee as a mon but on the other hand I think I prefer shoulder riding to head riding. This is ridiculous.

Help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

Hello me and my broke brain have been staring at the purchase screen deciding between Eevee and Pikachu. On the one hand I think I'd prefer Eevee as a mon but on the other hand I think I prefer shoulder riding to head riding. This is ridiculous.

Help.

Pick Eevee so you can fit an Alolan Raichu into your team

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've been running around in circles on route 14 looking for a pinsir for like 40 minutes now and havent found it. I've seen a video of pinsir appearing on this route, and I have Eevee version, are there some other conditions I need to meet? Are there pokemon that dont appear until after certain story events??

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I've been running around in circles on route 14 looking for a pinsir for like 40 minutes now and havent found it. I've seen a video of pinsir appearing on this route, and I have Eevee version, are there some other conditions I need to meet? Are there pokemon that dont appear until after certain story events??

i got pinser just walking down the route normally, it's just random chance

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Andrast posted:

Pick Eevee so you can fit an Alolan Raichu into your team

This is as good a reason as any. Thanks friend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mabels big day posted:

I’m not 100% on this but starting chain on the route will increase the odds of rare spawns in the route.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m not 100% on this but starting chain on the route will increase the odds of rare spawns in the route.

just a chain of anything?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mabels big day posted:

just a chain of anything?

Yeah. It’s how you get Charmander to spawn in his route. I think the same thing applies elsewhere. You need to hit 10+

Currently clearing out Silph Co floor by floor and oh boy did I pick a bad team to switch my team.

Additional info from serebii:
- to max shiny chance you need a chain of 31
- a chain of 31 also gets you at least 4 perfect IVs
- a chain of 70 for 5 perfect IVs and 110 for 6 perfect IVs.

The only way to break a chain is either catching something else or the Pokémon escape. So if you really, really don’t want to lose a chain it’s better to run away from the Pokémon if he breaks free the first couple of times to avoid risking it running away.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 18, 2018

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah. It’s how you get Charmander to spawn in his route. I think the same thing applies elsewhere. You need to hit 10+

Currently clearing out Silph Co floor by floor and oh boy did I pick a bad team to switch my team.

The only way to break a chain is either catching something else or the Pokémon escape. So if you really, really don’t want to lose a chain it’s better to run away from the Pokémon if he breaks free the first couple of times to avoid risking it running away.

Ah I wish i knew you could run away from pokemon before they escape and keep the chain. Would have saved me a lot of hassle catching Dodou

anyway i got a chain of weepinbell going to 10+, and now i'm seeing a lot of chansey but no Pinsir. I swear there must be some kind of story requirement for pinsir or something, this is ridiculous

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ive seriously seen like a dozen chanseys and tauros but no Pinsir

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

mabels big day posted:

ive seriously seen like a dozen chanseys and tauros but no Pinsir

Are you playing Pikachu version?

Pinsir is exclusive to Eevee.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

Are you playing Pikachu version?

Pinsir is exclusive to Eevee.

well theres an eevee on my fuckin head so i certainly hope so

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone want to trade Haunters to get Gengar or just help me evolve mine?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

- note that it's still chance, https://clips.twitch.tv/CarefulTawdryCucumberDerp

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what’s the heart tail on eevee look like

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Super No Vacancy posted:

my guess is a heart, op

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

coach trainers is a dumb name did they remove ace trainers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Super No Vacancy posted:

Nope they show up too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

No they're two separate things. The main difference is that you have to talk to them in order to fight them and they give you useful items afterwards.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Super No Vacancy posted:

Super No Vacancy posted:

Coach Trainesr wear a green variant of the Ace Trainer outfit, which is a dark blue

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thank you to everyone except absolutely andy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Starting a rare pokemon chain suuuuuuuucks. Losing the chain just as you get past the rare spawn hump sucks even more.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just flee from other mons theres no reason to lose a chain

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I got greedy and went for an extra throw and he popped up and escaped just as I was trying to leave :negative:

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
So chaining makes rare Pokemon appear more often and also increases the stats of the Pokemon caught?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Correct. And gently caress me, I’m chaining Bulbasars and a shiny Metapod just showed up. Gonna have to let it go :rip:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i found a shiny chansey before i even saw a pinsir lol. too bad i have natures set to Jolly. Bittersweet

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I want an Alolan Exeggutor but it's not until the Indigo Plateau. I guess I'll have to trade if I really want my tall tree buddy.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Right, but after 31 chain if you're only chasing shinys, you may as well just run into pokes and run from them (to clear them quicker) rather than using up 700 pokeballs and levelling your party to 100

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Another bonus of chaining: you get a gently caress ton of candies per catch. I’m going to end up with a ton of 4-5 perfect IV Bulbasaur if anyone wants one.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Anyone know a good strategy for combo'ing for shinies in viridian forest? I'm trying to get a shiny pikachu and have gone over the 31 combo threshold, but there's so many spawn points and a million pikachu show up at once. I'm worried a shiny one is gonna spawn but I wont see it because it'll be slightly offscreen or in another spawn area away from where I am. Is the best way to stay still in one spot? Walk around a specific area?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Does this game do the move releaner or whatever? I accidentally hit not to learn Flamethrower (why the hell is the no option at the top??) on my Growlith when I was comparing moves

edit: Nevermind I'll just use a new Growlithe that's a few levels below and relevel that to get the move again

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 18, 2018

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 18, 2018

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I love the way this game replaced the dowsing rod :kimchi:

Also a question; If I purchase another Pokeball Plus, Would I be able to redeem another Mew to the same save?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Okay, so should I buy this for $60? Its literally just a remake of Pokemon Yellow, with only 150 pokemans? Is it worth it?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

what do you want out of pokemon games

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I want to know what love is

I want mewtwo show me

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

the game has the mythical MewThree

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Dizz posted:

the game has the mythical MewThree

Which truck do I have to strength?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Mymla posted:

Which truck do I have to strength?

The one our dads left in and never returned.