Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Worst feeling in the world was when I finished a workout and had my shake and my friend wanted to grab a beer so I put beer on top of a protein shake. I wanted to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fhqwhgads posted:

Worst feeling in the world was when I finished a workout and had my shake and my friend wanted to grab a beer so I put beer on top of a protein shake. I wanted to die.

That sounds disgustingly horrible.

In other gym news, I tore the callous on my thumb today. Not bleeding tear but drat it hurt. I taped it up then broke out the straps for the rest of the deadlifts. Then left the tape on it for a costco run (gym's next door). Turkey breakfast sausage is on sale, by the way.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mustached Demon posted:

That sounds disgustingly horrible.

In other gym news, I tore the callous on my thumb today. Not bleeding tear but drat it hurt. I taped it up then broke out the straps for the rest of the deadlifts. Then left the tape on it for a costco run (gym's next door). Turkey breakfast sausage is on sale, by the way.

gotta pumice stone dem calluses

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????
I shave mine down with a razor blade. After the first couple times I stopped accidentally cutting myself.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
God basically made THC edibles so that people who go to the gym wouldn't have to drink alcohol.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Callus solution that leaves smooth hands and you can't cut yourself:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008KEEHT8

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

God basically made THC edibles so that people who go to the gym wouldn't have to drink alcohol.

Saving this idea for bulking season. Get high squat high.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I think I've never had a problem with calluses from spending eight hours a day with my hands constantly getting covered in hydraulic oil. Skin gets nice and leathery but no hard bits to catch on stuff.

Probably not too good for me though.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Baby's first lever belt was finally delivered. Can't wait to start using this after my vacation. When I was a shithead 180lb 20something I bought a 13mm double prong belt thinking I'd "grow into it". Now I'm a shithead 200lb 30something and scaled down my belt needs accordingly.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
how can you squat high. i start thinking about my form a and like making tiny adjustments and then realize I’ve been doing a 20 second pause squat

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

barkbell posted:

how can you squat high. i start thinking about my form a and like making tiny adjustments and then realize I’ve been doing a 20 second pause squat

Ask Dave Hoff

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Schwa posted:

Did you stop lifting? I remember you being pretty strong back when I used to dip into that subforum.

In other news I did something to the front of my left shoulder. Tried to bench more frequently to finally actually increase my max buuut I guess it was too much. Sucks.

I made babby so took a break to pursue the sport of stroller pushing. I'm sure I'll graduate to the true dad sport of highland games soon. Be ready to coach me, abgushte.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

I made babby so took a break to pursue the sport of stroller pushing. I'm sure I'll graduate to the true dad sport of highland games soon. Be ready to coach me, abgushte.

Just throw some plates on the bottom of the stroller and think of it as sled pushing.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did a bunch of rack pulls this morning and now my jeans have exploded from kneeling to pick up a business card

have I made it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
First time putting 2 plates overhead in probably over a year.

Need to do some core work. Bit wobbly.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I blew my neck to pieces at the gym today doing power jerks. Can’t even use the assault bike I bought for my apartment.

Also here’s my favorite female lifter nailing a lift.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQA96GH_IY/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=3vl37y3w0j0b

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

CheesyDog posted:

Did a bunch of rack pulls this morning and now my jeans have exploded from kneeling to pick up a business card

have I made it

Depends, where did they explode?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Directly above the balls

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/lilbillfromthep/status/1063471949186244608

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/Mahailya3/status/1063588415860629511

:wtc:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Motherfucker what did I just witness??

Jesus. That was like nothing too.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

Dum Cumpster posted:

I literally just figured out how to hold a shot put correctly (maybe); I don't think I'm ready for this much responsibility

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

abgushte badamjan posted:

I literally just figured out how to hold a shot put correctly (maybe); I don't think I'm ready for this much responsibility

So you're infinitely more experienced than me. Looking forward, coach!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Went to the gym, left defeated. Just bought a bunch of cinnabuns and salami to ease my comfort.

That girl is insanely strong, puts that young Russian girl to shame especially with form. drat!

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Decided to run a 10k before squat day. This is what suffering is made of.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Look at those sideburns.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fallows posted:

Went to the gym, left defeated. Just bought a bunch of cinnabuns and salami to ease my comfort.

That girl is insanely strong, puts that young Russian girl to shame especially with form. drat!

Wait, surely you’re not referring to Rebecca koha, who’s not even Russian!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Nah this girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55YSXdkGvsw

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

VorpalFish posted:

Decided to run a 10k before squat day. This is what suffering is made of.

True suffering is doing this in the opposite order.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i mean yes that's why lifting has weight classes.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

ultrafilter posted:

True suffering is doing this in the opposite order.

That sounds... horrific.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Because I was the weightlifter of the group, the cycle club I ride in thought it would be fun to have me go squatting after we did a century ride. My brain couldn't understand why my leg muscles simply were not working, it was the worst feeling getting pinned in the rack like that on what is normally like a warmup weight. Never again. Now when the club is in season I don't lift at all the day before or after a long ride.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

i mean yes that's why lifting has weight classes.

Guess I didn't pay attention in mine

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

CheesyDog posted:

Directly above the balls

Nice.

May want to look into the flex fit jeans that Lee makes, they have quite a bit of stretch to them. Hell they are nearly flexible enough that you could do a set of squats in them without too much trouble.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I went to the gym today.

I came home and folded a frying pan like a burrito just to see if I could ( I was gonna toss it anyway).

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/A507lqP.mp4

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

the other Buff Dude is way hotter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
gently caress off, the thor one is the best.