Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Countblanc posted:

iirc Tactics Advance takes place in a fake world the protagonists made up based on Ivalice, whereas A2 actually takes place in Ivalice.

specifically it was a fake world created by an evil book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Paladin doesnt really need to be changed much to remain pretty much the same as it is right now, since the job gague is right now an afterthought on the class and can be easily repurposed.

Make it so Holy Spirit and Clemency cost the job gauge - say, 20 for spirit, 10 for clemency, out of a total of 100. Make the job gague rapidly replenish to full out of combat.

Put Sheltron back as a CD on XYZ (15?) seconds and remove the cost, do the same for intervention, make sheltron give 20 points or whatever.

Make riot blade give whatever amount of points that lets them have 5-6 holy spirits per requiscat window with some left over for fitting in more holy spirits and clemencies.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Lochs has good music, though it's kind of a pain in the rear end to navigate. I spent a very long time walking around getting all but two of the aether currents one that I'm pretty sure is inaccessible, and another which is one some bridge that I'm not sure how to reach).

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

The Lochs has good music, though it's kind of a pain in the rear end to navigate. I spent a very long time walking around getting all but two of the aether currents one that I'm pretty sure is inaccessible, and another which is one some bridge that I'm not sure how to reach).

At least one of those, IIRC, requires you to go ALLLLLL the way to the NE corner of the map and then wind your way back around to the NW.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

jalapeno_dude posted:

At least one of those, IIRC, requires you to go ALLLLLL the way to the NE corner of the map and then wind your way back around to the NW.

Yeah that's the one on the bridge. You have to find a tunnel system / catacombs.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So any good way to get Cracked Clusters as a DPS, or am I forced to level a tank to snatch it from the leveling roulette? D:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Stalins Moustache posted:

So any good way to get Cracked Clusters as a DPS, or am I forced to level a tank to snatch it from the leveling roulette? D:

Hunts

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Nessus posted:

I imagine they're going to trim and refine things again since they'll be looking at a 1-80 progression. They did that after HW came out, didn't they?

I hope so. Lancer > Dragoon leveling is insanely rough. You do the same combo without much variation for a good long time. It's one of the few classes where if I go back and do a earlier dungeon with them, I feel the lack of skills. It's super noticeable.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
lancer was made particularly worse by the skill streamlining with stormblood's release. it was at least slightly more active back when phlebotomize was an early skill. rest in peace phlebotomize

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That's partially because Dragoon got super hosed up classwise in the transition to SB.

Admittedly Heavy - > Impulse until Heavy falls off -> Heavy -> Repeat is super boring and I dunno what you'd do to alleviate that since that's been the way Dragoon levels for ages.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Basically every class is boring at low levels by design since SE (perhaps rightfully for their original Japanese audience) assumed the player didn't know what a hotbar was. It'll be even harder to fix in Shadowbringers too since there's a whole new set of abilities the classes will be based on.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Oh hey the F-35 is in this game

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Cory in the Blouse posted:

The F-35 is a product crippled by designer 'vision' that turned it into an umittigated failure far ahead of release and even made its objectively bad predecessor look good in comparison. The F-35 is FFXIV 1.0

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Countblanc posted:

iirc Tactics Advance takes place in a fake world the protagonists made up based on Ivalice, whereas A2 actually takes place in Ivalice.

Yep. But also, confusingly, it's a magic book that does both things, so I think a lot of players ended up confused and/or thought that Ivalice itself was a storybook world.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Countblanc posted:

That's correct.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

"Even if they're standing next to it the enemy can't see it."

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Um, excuse me but Admiral What? Not without buying me dinner first

Admiral Seawoman Bluefishdaughter

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I really love that the potential main showcase points for the next expansion are dancers, bunnies and DARKNESS!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I really love that the potential main showcase points for the next expansion are dancers, bunnies and DARKNESS!

it's a good expansion, we got everything, we got cute bunny people, we got dancers goin nuts, we got embracing the evil of the world to prevent light from destroying everything in its absence, we got blue mages

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Actually bunnies are a solo-only race.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Saint Freak posted:

Actually bunnies are a solo-only race.

Viera require completion of Eureka in order to unlock.

Because they're the bunnies that were giving you the chests.

And you had to save them from Eureka.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

"This Whole Thing Smacks Of Bunnies," i holler as i overturn the Garlean Empire and turn the 7th Astral Era into the 7th Astral poo poo

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
have i mentioned that they aded somethign i dont like and therefore everything is ruined forever yet?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

have i mentioned that they aded somethign i dont like and therefore everything is ruined forever yet?

This, but unironically.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is the motorcycle limited time? I want it but not really in any rush to drop 30 on it if it's going to be there forever.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
The confusing thing is that despite Tactics being canon with XIV, the rest of the Ivalice Alliance is not. In the Ivalice Alliance, like it was mentioned previously, Tactics takes place well after Dalmasca's existence. In XIV, Rabanastre sits on the ruins of the City of Lesalia from FFT. And despite having Espers like Hashmal and Mateus, they still use the same aesthetics as FFXII for nostalgia's sake despite XII not being canon.

So basically while Tactics is canon with XIV, it's only Tactics. Tactics is part of two continuities. To compound confusion, despite taking place a long time after Tactics, there is a Milleuda Folles in Southern Thanalan as a FATE boss, and Northern Thanalan has a levequest about fooling the Baert Rudvich Trading Company. These were added well before Tactics was made canon with XIV, but it all just makes things more confusing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the gently caress

tactics is not canon with XIV it's just the same stuff they did with FFIII for the crystal tower in adapting the setting to existing within eorzea

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Blockhouse posted:

the gently caress

tactics is not canon with XIV it's just the same stuff they did with FFIII for the crystal tower in adapting the setting to existing within eorzea

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm really disappointed that the third Ivalice raid isn't Lea Monde.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

WrightOfWay posted:

I'm really disappointed that the third Ivalice raid isn't The Roof of Riovanes.

Fixed :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

We're totally getting Ultima as a boss, right?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

OH gently caress YOU. #triggered

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

We're totally getting Ultima as a boss, right?

I mean were going to the monastery, the art they showed was totally Murond/Mullonde, so 99.9% yeah the final boss is High Seraph Ultima.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Altima, the Nice Body

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think Zalera, Adrammelech and Ultima are all extremely safe bets for three of the fights. That'd fill out most of the Lucavi roster except Cu Chulannin but he already appeared as a boss in the Void Ark.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Blockhouse posted:

the gently caress

They've said nothing to disregard anything from Tactics at this point. Pretty much everything they explain about Ramza, Alma, Delita, and Orlan is information verbatim from the original game and they haven't given any reason to question that at this point. They could still do that with the introduction of Orbonne Monastery, but up until now they act like FFT is Garlean legend.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Grimace posted:

They've said nothing to disregard anything from Tactics at this point. Pretty much everything they explain about Ramza, Alma, Delita, and Orlan is information verbatim from the original game and they haven't given any reason to question that at this point. They could still do that with the introduction of Orbonne Monastery, but up until now they act like FFT is Garlean legend.

They act like a version of FFT is, in the exact same way that they explicitly call out FFIII, FFIV and FFVI as legends in the world itself, but they are remixed and alternate versions of it. I mean the Eureka storylike explicitly calls our the previous heroes from FFV but it doesn't mean FFV is in the world. Considering the same plotline also has direct FF12 callouts (except that Ashe died) it seems pretty clear it's supposed to be a case of "FFXIV version of previous game."

Also Moogles, Nu Mou, Viera (mentioned in dialogue even if we haven't seen them yet) and other races are still around in FFXIV while they were explicitly extinct by FFT

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Do we have confirmation they were extinct in Tactics or is that just fan theory? :(

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Do we have confirmation they were extinct in Tactics or is that just fan theory? :(

Considering they don't show up in FFT at all...

(Then again I consider FFT being after every other Ivalice thing to be rather dumb.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Sweegy Woods description blurb says moogles, at least those that lived there, are now extinct.