Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The problem with Florida can be summed up in two words: The Villages. It's a massive conclave of old white people from other states that has subsumed three counties in the state so far and is constantly growing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The problem with Florida can be summed up in two words: The Villages. It's a massive conclave of old white people from other states that has subsumed three counties in the state so far and is constantly growing.

Its why Florida is the only state where Trumps favorables have actually gone up - its collection of old racist crazy white people is actually increasing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Sumter county's population of 125,165 out of the 21 million in the state is hardly a splash in the pan. The entire state from Polk County up is infested with racist whities of all ages. Blaming it just on the old retirees is giving a pass to the rest of the shitheads.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The Villages sounds creepy as hell. Is there a horror movie yet?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Can't someone fund some studies saying that dumping 10x more sugar into your sweet tea will cure ED, raise testosterone levels, eliminate unhealthy cholesterol, and cure cancer already

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Sumter county's population of 125,165 out of the 21 million in the state is hardly a splash in the pan. The entire state from Polk County up is infested with racist whities of all ages. Blaming it just on the old retirees is giving a pass to the rest of the shitheads.

Eventually these people will die and their bodies will turn cold and begin the process of decay, with they skin changing colour after a few days.

The old must die

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Can't someone fund some studies saying that dumping 10x more sugar into your sweet tea will cure ED, raise testosterone levels, eliminate unhealthy cholesterol, and cure cancer already

It's literally impossible to get more sugar into that garbage. It is already at saturation.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Ague Proof posted:

The Villages sounds creepy as hell. Is there a horror movie yet?
Get Out

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Supersaturated actually. I unfortunately used to work for a BBQ chain here and sweet tea was made by heating the tea to near boiling and adding 7 pints of sugar to each 4 gallon container. They can't die fast enough.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Supersaturated actually. I unfortunately used to work for a BBQ chain here and sweet tea was made by heating the tea to near boiling and adding 7 pints of sugar to each 4 gallon container. They can't die fast enough.

that's appalling

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It's literally impossible to get more sugar into that garbage. It is already at saturation.
The Texas State Fair has the solution:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

Not just the poors either. For example, most beachfront property in Florida is about ~25 years from being uninsurable, which will start being reflected in prices soon.
The entire city of New Orleans is another example of something that will be uninsurable* soon.

*underwater

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Crow Jane posted:

Jesus, here I thought the Deep Fried Coca-Cola at the NC state fair was disturbing. :stonk:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Ripoff posted:

Jesus, here I thought the Deep Fried Coca-Cola at the NC state fair was disturbing. :stonk:

Everything's bigger in Texas, even the heart attacks

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

that's appalling

In some states they assume you want sweet tea and have to ask for unsweet. This has caught me by surprise more than once when I had to drive cross country.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ripoff posted:

Someplace had a deep fried stick of butter. Probably Texas.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
imo the South wont have peak butter till someone fries it in clarified butter.

This is a doomsday ritual btw and the sciprtures also describes some orange guy revealing his true form.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Your Taint posted:

Someplace had a deep fried stick of butter. Probably Texas.

Born and raised here in Dallas, home of the Great State Fair of Texas. This is true, we have Deep Fried Butter. Also this year a Cotton Candy Taco.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

*puts ice cube into tea*
*entire glass solidifies and explodes*

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Not a Step posted:

In some states they assume you want sweet tea and have to ask for unsweet. This has caught me by surprise more than once when I had to drive cross country.

I'm in Texas

it comes up

I'm not necessarily surprised by supersaturated sweet tea, but we've established that I'm a pathological optimist, so I'm still not entirely jaded about the atrocities humanity can commit

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

State Fair food is supposed to be ridiculous and weird, the only reasons people pay for it are the novelty and telling your friends about the weird poo poo you ate.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cactrot posted:

State Fair food is supposed to be ridiculous and weird, the only reasons people pay for it are the novelty and telling your friends about the weird poo poo you ate.

That's certainly the cottage industry it's become but it didn't start out that way, for the most part it just started because America is a nation of fat stupid fucks with zero regard for their self respect or what they put in their disgusting bodies. Once the media got a hold of the "can't believe what they deep fried this year" narrative we were all doomed.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Cactrot posted:

deep fried whatever is a staple of State Fair food everywhere--deep fried chocolate bars, butter, cheese curds, bull testicles, you name it

to be fair, deep fried ice cream is actually extremely tasty

(I'm proud of this thread for returning to its Trump thread roots in pursuing a food derail)

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

deep fried ice cream

for gently caress's sake

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Isn't deep fried ice cream a mexican thing, not a fair thing?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

not a cult posted:

for gently caress's sake

Deep fried ice cream is a staple desert of westernised Chinese restaurants and is actually pretty tasty. Similar principle to flambe or baked Alaska.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Morbus posted:

*puts ice cube into tea*
*entire glass solidifies and explodes*

Man if only. We had such an awful clientele seeing a few angry olds terrified of their syrup water would have been nice. The worst was some older piece of hell I refused to serve that insisted everyone in New Orleans who died during Katrina deserved it for their sinful ways.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

deep fried whatever is a staple of State Fair food everywhere--deep fried chocolate bars, butter, cheese curds, bull testicles, you name it

to be fair, deep fried ice cream is actually extremely tasty

(I'm proud of this thread for returning to its Trump thread roots in pursuing a food derail)

:911:

There's only so long you can keep goons from talking about food.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Adorable seeing Americans going on about their petty deep-frying practices, I'm two hundred miles from the Scottish border and those people scare me fuckless

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

Adorable seeing Americans going on about their petty deep-frying practices, I'm two hundred miles from the Scottish border and those people scare me fuckless

where do you think we inherited our fondness for deep-frying?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

That's certainly the cottage industry it's become but it didn't start out that way, for the most part it just started because America is a nation of fat stupid fucks with zero regard for their self respect or what they put in their disgusting bodies. Once the media got a hold of the "can't believe what they deep fried this year" narrative we were all doomed.

May I present the scottish invention of the Deep Fried Mars Bar to suggest that is nowhere close to a uniquely American thing.

E:FB.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I don't think I've ever seen Americans do deep-fried pizza. That's a Scottish thing, right?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pellisworth posted:

where do you think we inherited our fondness for deep-frying?

I thought it was West African slaves bringing their culture and traditions with them?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't seen it here in the US but I'm sure it exists somewhere.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pretty much every cuisine has deep fried stuff. We're just where it all washes up, like that floating garbage island in the Pacific.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Crow Jane posted:

How do they do this? I literally cannot fathom how you deep fry liquids.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao the most genius-brained take

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1064323368097329152

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fulchrum posted:

I thought it was West African slaves bringing their culture and traditions with them?

That's barbecue

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

drilldo squirt posted:

How do they do this? I literally cannot fathom how you deep fry liquids.

famous festival poo poo like "deep-fried coke" is just a funnel-cake type batter made with coke as the liquid, plus coke syrup/powdered sugar on top - this is probably the same deal

although you could fancy it up and make it into a gel pretty easily i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That's barbecue

No, some Africans definitely seasoned and battered chickens and fried them in palm oil.