Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Little Timmy doesn't know multiplication, but the teacher assigned him to triage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
clearly we just need to put metal detectors and cops in the school. theres no way this will end up with the white kids never looked at twice while deputy Smith performs a suplex on the same black kid twice this week

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

i hope whoever cleared that story loses one of their children in a mass shooting

@DrJohnTorres sounds like a NRA mouthpiece

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Mariana Horchata posted:

i hope whoever cleared that story loses one of their children in a mass shooting

@DrJohnTorres sounds like a NRA mouthpiece

why does the child deserve that

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

dont be mean to me posted:

ask the politicians

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
the dystopian classroom for rich people: telepresence via immersive tech
the dystopian classroom for everyone else: school lol theres no money for that get hosed

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

dont be mean to me posted:

messaging

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Dead Beef posted:

how can anybody expect a frightened teenager to apply critical first-aid to a gunshot victim who is probably also scared and/or crying in pain, I'm all for teaching people first-aid but thinking kids are going to act rationally in a shooting scenario are underestimating how confusing a situation like that actually is

they're not soldiers, they're not in a defense state of mind, how long do you think it takes a person to switch from a "learn algebra" mindset to a "protect your life and apply first-aid to gunshot victims" mindset?
How long it takes is irrelevant, since the purpose of teaching kids to survive being shot is to normalize letting MIC shills control society through fear.

not a cult posted:

in 20 years they'll be making movies like "platoon" and "hamburger hill" but they'll have titles like "last stand at george wallace high" and "class of '29"
Yeah how long before someone says "we should teach kindergartners to suicide-tackle the shooter to limit the number of victims" and then goes on fox crying about how people told them to gently caress off and die with that nonsense.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
My work just had us all undergo "active shooter training" (which basically just amounted to "run" so, thanks)

Anyone else have to do this lately?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

silentsnack posted:

Yeah how long before someone says "we should teach kindergartners to suicide-tackle the shooter to limit the number of victims" and then goes on fox crying about how people told them to gently caress off and die with that nonsense.

You might be thinking of when megan mcardle wrote that exact oped

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

My work just had us all undergo "active shooter training" (which basically just amounted to "run" so, thanks)

Yep. They called it “active intruder training.” My favorite part was how strongly they emphasized not spooking the cops when they show up so they don’t blow you away by mistake.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

not a cult posted:

in 20 years they'll be making movies like "platoon" and "hamburger hill" but they'll have titles like "last stand at george wallace high" and "class of '29"

20 years? I'm surprised there aren't more movies like this already out today.

Uwe Boll did the "Rampage" movies which are like postal: the movie already but I don't think they're school targeted.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

runchild posted:

Yep. They called it “active intruder training.” My favorite part was how strongly they emphasized not spooking the cops when they show up so they don’t blow you away by mistake.

lmao yeah they told us that too

"just put up your hands IMMEDIATELY and just do WHATEVER they say because they WILL just shoot you"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

except dont put your hands up too immediately because tbe sudden movements may spook them

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

we have armed security all over the facility so I think those fatsos are supposed to pew pew us all to safety? I dunno, it's a hard sell when you look at them.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
https://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/46214184/playerunknown-s-battlegrounds-imams-divided-over-video-game-fatwa

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

StashAugustine posted:

You might be thinking of when megan mcardle wrote that exact oped

no, but I should've known I couldn't out-stupid this parody timeline.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Mariana Horchata posted:

ask the politicians

when they show up in the thread i will

in the meantime, you're here saying the things, so

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dead Beef posted:

how can anybody expect a frightened teenager to apply critical first-aid to a gunshot victim who is probably also scared and/or crying in pain, I'm all for teaching people first-aid but thinking kids are going to act rationally in a shooting scenario are underestimating how confusing a situation like that actually is

they're not soldiers, they're not in a defense state of mind, how long do you think it takes a person to switch from a "learn algebra" mindset to a "protect your life and apply first-aid to gunshot victims" mindset?

I'll never forget the piece of poo poo on twitter who told the students of parkland to suck it up because, he, a troop, had to put up with being shot at.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
https://twitter.com/RocketNews24En/status/1063446652298645504

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'll never forget the piece of poo poo on twitter who told the students of parkland to suck it up because, he, a troop, had to put up with being shot at.
me and my fellow soldiers fought and died for your freedom to be shot at by other freedom-havers

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

idgi

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

the anime industry is hellish and grinds up animators and someone put a pun pseudonym in some credits to say that poo poo sucks

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

they got a dude in the credits named "I. N. Sirius Trubble"

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Reminds me of those notes they find in purses etc from other asian slaves

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Read the description of the anime.

:psyboom:

There's not enough bleach in the world to clean that away.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Read the description of the anime.

:psyboom:

There's not enough bleach in the world to clean that away.

Wikipedia says there’s 366 episodes of bleach; seems like a lot

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/tinybaby/status/1063873531551739904

lmao

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I always tip delivery guys, and always in cash. How much of an idiot hellfucker do you have to be, to tip through the app? what exactly did you think was going to happen to your tip?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
the whole point of using apps for everything is so you dont need to carry much cash

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Who carries the physical currency of the failed state of America in 2018?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

got any sevens posted:

the whole point of using apps for everything is so you dont need to carry much cash

No it's to exchange your privacy and the rights of workers for indulgences

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

That this is from the BBC (IE: country responsible for that hosed up mess) makes it extra dystopic

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Who carries the physical currency of the failed state of America in 2018?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
uber also has a limit on how much you can tip

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
like literally just hand the dude five dollars cash how hard is this

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm surprised more people on this website don't carry cash. It's the best way to circumvent all sorts of bullshit hook in fees.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/granderojo/status/1063857887645130752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

bahahahaha

https://twitter.com/skabooshka/status/1063254271141994497?s=21