Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Nice piece of fish posted:

Didn't even know two-button track suits existed

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uberkeyzer
Jul 10, 2006

u did it again

TheMadMilkman posted:

I own a 5 button suit.

I’d have to lose 50 lbs to fit in it again, though.

Unless you’re going to a funeral and it’s your funeral you shouldn’t wear a five button suit.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

I saw The Wire and it seems like courts are big on ties?

Emails or gtfo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Throatwarbler posted:

I saw The Wire and it seems like courts are big on ties?

Ties are bourgeois and counter-revolutionary and so the courts adore them.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
God, I'm loving bored. I'm the kind of jittery bored where nothing can hold my interest so I'm watching netflix, youtube, reading the internet and just restlessly wandering at the same time while everything feels like a waste of precious non-work time. It's loving useless and annoying as all hell.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

God, I'm loving bored. I'm the kind of jittery bored where nothing can hold my interest so I'm watching netflix, youtube, reading the internet and just restlessly wandering at the same time while everything feels like a waste of precious non-work time. It's loving useless and annoying as all hell.

Maybe you could go rearrange the bodies at your cabin?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

blarzgh posted:

Maybe you could go rearrange the bodies at your cabin?

Nah, soil's frozen now so it'd be too difficult to dig.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

I'm hoping for some more legal questions drama.
We still can't breath here, which is getting really old. Otoh, I got a new laptop, so I'm playing all the games my 2011 thinkpad wouldn't run.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

nm posted:

We still can't breath here, which is getting really old. Otoh, I got a new laptop, so I'm playing all the games my 2011 thinkpad wouldn't run.

Are any of those posts worth reading? They're novels and my eyes immediately glazed over

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Not really, just your typical opiate etc addict refusing to consider that they might not be 100% in control of themselves at all times when on medication. You know, the kind of person who can't be told poo poo and knows better than everyone else.

That was my immediate gut take, at least.

Might get interesting though.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Hoshi posted:

Are any of those posts worth reading? They're novels and my eyes immediately glazed over

No.

NM: what games?

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

nm posted:

Currently fleeing to Miami for thanksgiving. Timing is a coincidence but I’m not going to complain.

E: the woman at the airport next to me commented that her club sandwich without the bread wasn’t really a sandwich. I managed to restrain myself from arguing.

Meatbag Esq. fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 18, 2018

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Not really, just your typical opiate etc addict refusing to consider that they might not be 100% in control of themselves at all times when on medication. You know, the kind of person who can't be told poo poo and knows better than everyone else.

I think it's the "if I'm self aware I'm not actually doing anything bad" gambit

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Currently fleeing to Miami for thanksgiving. Timing is a coincidence but I’m not going to complain.

E: the woman at the airport next to me commented that her club sandwich without the bread wasn’t really a sandwich. I managed to restrain myself from arguing.

What would you have said?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Long acting naltrexone / an opiate blocker can be a good tool. But they’ll come up with every excuse not to do it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Look Sir Droids posted:

No.

NM: what games?

I wish I could say cool games, but I'm just happy to get portal 2 playable and cities skylines.
It can run real games (thinkpad x1 xxxxxxtreme), but I'm a nerd.

Re legal thread: I suggested he speak to his doctor about his recent DUI arrest, so we got a massive screed about how he's good to drive, man.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The number of buttons debate tells me you're practicing wrong.

No buttons. Zipper.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

No buttons. Zipper.

I bought an overpriced suit jacket hoodie and I loving love it. I don't go to court anymore, but I did wear it to jury duty.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

What tie knot looks best on a romper?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

nm posted:

I wish I could say cool games, but I'm just happy to get portal 2 playable and cities skylines.
It can run real games (thinkpad x1 xxxxxxtreme), but I'm a nerd.

Re legal thread: I suggested he speak to his doctor about his recent DUI arrest, so we got a massive screed about how he's good to drive, man.

Both good choices. I need a new game to play because Space Engineers is frying my brain now that I'm trying to make custom scripts and build wayyy too huge things.

Ainsley McTree posted:

What tie knot looks best on a romper?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

No buttons. Zipper.

Velcro.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

No buttons. Zipper.

At least we're practicing

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Alexeythegreat posted:

At least we're practicing

Given what I read in this thread, I feel like that's basically a self-own

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Given what I read in this thread, I feel like that's basically a self-own

Oh, it is.
I assume it was a :thejoke:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

uberkeyzer posted:

Unless you’re going to a funeral and it’s your funeral you shouldn’t wear a five button suit.

They were a thing in Italy around the turn of the century. I can’t bring myself to get rid of it.

Look Sir Droids posted:

How many buttons did you button?

Either the middle three or 2 and 3 depending on how the jacket sits. The top and bottom buttons are never done.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I failed to pass the governmental background check (or maybe I just asked for too much money, idk) and ended up accepting an in-house offer from a pharmaceutical company with like twice the salary I had when I worked at a law firm (more than that if benefits are taken into account, which at the law firm I had none and here I'll have plenty)

Now instead of litigation I'll be supporting investments abroad and overseeing foreign-seated arbitrations
Apparently the policy is to hire law firms as little as humanly possible, so they're beefing up their in-house legal department

Also, I first posted this, because I wasn't looking, in a funny e/n thread in which I exclusively lurk, so this should tell you something about my attention to detail

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Seems like a good move. На здоровье

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Alexeythegreat posted:

I failed to pass the governmental background check (or maybe I just asked for too much money, idk) and ended up accepting an in-house offer from a pharmaceutical company with like twice the salary I had when I worked at a law firm (more than that if benefits are taken into account, which at the law firm I had none and here I'll have plenty)

Now instead of litigation I'll be supporting investments abroad and overseeing foreign-seated arbitrations
Apparently the policy is to hire law firms as little as humanly possible, so they're beefing up their in-house legal department

Also, I first posted this, because I wasn't looking, in a funny e/n thread in which I exclusively lurk, so this should tell you something about my attention to detail

The only thing I know about Russian pharma is that codeine is over the counter and is the primary ingredient in krokodil.

Which is to say, let us know how the clinical trials of krokodil are going.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alexeythegreat posted:

Sounds like a good way to land, good work! Congrats!

Also lol you totally failed your background check because you post itt, hi every spy reading please don't disappear Alexey we need him for lps and russian stoicism.

E: ooh live chess is on.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

E: ooh live chess is on.
Russian plant spotted. Give alexey his job.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

nm posted:

Russian plant spotted. Give alexey his job.

World champ is norwegian. Chess is more our thing than russian now.

This game is on fire, Caruana is pressuring Carlsen like crazy.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Spoiler: It'll be a draw.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Oh, it might not. This is kind of aggressive play.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

This is exactly what a Russian plant would say.
I googled it and one of those dudes is American and like 12 Americans care.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

nm posted:

This is exactly what a Russian plant would say.
I googled it and one of those dudes is American and like 12 Americans care.

Norwegian television just interviewed an american who's come to London for the championship. He's already been promised a knitted sweater by random norwegians. None shall escape.

Aren't you all excited the next world champ could possibly be american? If this "brooklyn" place is in the USA, I mean.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
There was a really good documentary on Netflix about Magnus and I remember thinking "If you're named Magnus, you're going to be the world champion of something."

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Guy's certainly amazing at autist-Parcheesi.

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 19, 2018

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Vox Nihili posted:

Spoiler: It'll be a draw.

You jinxed it.

Remis. Good, really, because the american was doing a bit too well there for a while.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Norwegian television just interviewed an american who's come to London for the championship. He's already been promised a knitted sweater by random norwegians. None shall escape.

Aren't you all excited the next world champ could possibly be american? If this "brooklyn" place is in the USA, I mean.

That was one of the 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

You jinxed it.

Remis. Good, really, because the american was doing a bit too well there for a while.

Next one will also be a draw btw.

I love how computer analysis can now immediately tell viewers the expected result of moves better than the players themselves can hope to understand. Really drives home the soullessness of the whole endeavor.