Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

site posted:

If only they managed to actually do it

Eventually he'll run out of networks (I think he's on his 3rd or 4th) and he'll end up on Fox News.

A fate worse than hell, in some ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’d kind of figure Maher as a Frank Miller fan

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1064260849798397952?s=21

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Covok posted:

So, Bill Maher said "only in a nation where adults read comics could Trump be elected" as response to Stan Lee's death.

This summaries my feelings:
https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/1063823975434866688?s=20

Maher hates a lot of harmless stupid poo poo for idiotic reasons. And it seems things not aimed directly at adults being enjoyed by adults are one of his big rage ons. Like he seems legit mad at adults reading YA type books or anything online as its not REAL READING. Also he hates the current superhero movie trend because OMG CHILDISH. Also rages about milk but loves his weed not exactly seeing the hypocrisy there.

I listen to the podcast version of his show and he is seriously an old with many progressive views for his age. His Catholic upbringing clearly hosed him up bigtime and he bought into a lot of the late Boomer era bullshit about what adults are supposed to do as adults not seeing the disconnect with stuff he does that many folks his age would consider bad. Like most people it's clear he has WHAT I LIKE GOOD WHAT YOU LIKE BAD EVEN IF REALLY THE SAME THING.

He is no rightie by any measure outside of hard left loonie circlejerks like SA seems to be turning into. By "normal" US standards he is closer to a leftist boogeyman out to take your guns and let the browns in the nation to have gay anchor babies. (In reality he is a stereotypical liberal elitist more or less. Just one that will actually listen to other viewpoints outside of some of his stupid hang ups. And Trump tried or actually did sue him for mean words. Maher also gave a ton of money to the Obama campaign making him more politically effective than this entire forum more or less. How good that was given why the Orange Idiot is rumored to have run and if we want to count whatever 4chan did as political change through SA is a whole other thing.)

But it's not cool to rag on a dead old guy who helped create tons of stuff people love because you think adults and current culture in general should all be reading deep snooty books and watching oscarbait. Not cool at all.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I shudder to think what his Sh-Ra looked like.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I am not quite sure what i am looking at in the chest area

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

site posted:

I am not quite sure what i am looking at in the chest area

I think she is wearing an elephant as a top

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Eventually he'll run out of networks (I think he's on his 3rd or 4th) and he'll end up on Fox News.

The problem with this and why I despair at him getting booted unless he's a legit sex predator or dies: he's on HBO now, which doesn't have advertisers, is incredibly hard to pressure in traditional ways, and he actually produces a lot of stuff for them, so as much as Real Time sucks and he himself is a giant embarassment, he also brought them Vice and other things which bring in acclaim and views and letting him sit in a dead zone of Friday nights in exchange for the rest probably means he's safe.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Im not sure bringing a news co cofounded by a nazi to hbo is point in his favor

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I just mean in terms of business. If his shenanigans weren't a dealbreaker, getting them a major chunk of their programming schedule certainly locks him in tighter. I find that dude abhorrent, don't read what I wrote as a defense so much as "I doubt he's out until death or Cosby"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Captain Rufus posted:

Maher hates a lot of harmless stupid poo poo for idiotic reasons. And it seems things not aimed directly at adults being enjoyed by adults are one of his big rage ons. Like he seems legit mad at adults reading YA type books or anything online as its not REAL READING. Also he hates the current superhero movie trend because OMG CHILDISH. Also rages about milk but loves his weed not exactly seeing the hypocrisy there.

I listen to the podcast version of his show and he is seriously an old with many progressive views for his age. His Catholic upbringing clearly hosed him up bigtime and he bought into a lot of the late Boomer era bullshit about what adults are supposed to do as adults not seeing the disconnect with stuff he does that many folks his age would consider bad. Like most people it's clear he has WHAT I LIKE GOOD WHAT YOU LIKE BAD EVEN IF REALLY THE SAME THING.

He is no rightie by any measure outside of hard left loonie circlejerks like SA seems to be turning into. By "normal" US standards he is closer to a leftist boogeyman out to take your guns and let the browns in the nation to have gay anchor babies. (In reality he is a stereotypical liberal elitist more or less. Just one that will actually listen to other viewpoints outside of some of his stupid hang ups. And Trump tried or actually did sue him for mean words. Maher also gave a ton of money to the Obama campaign making him more politically effective than this entire forum more or less. How good that was given why the Orange Idiot is rumored to have run and if we want to count whatever 4chan did as political change through SA is a whole other thing.)

But it's not cool to rag on a dead old guy who helped create tons of stuff people love because you think adults and current culture in general should all be reading deep snooty books and watching oscarbait. Not cool at all.

Bill Maher sucks and so do you.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I didn’t read that guys post but yeah he does suck.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Captain Rufus posted:

I don't know what kind of response you expect to this kind of thing, but perhaps you should reflect on every other time you've come into this thread and its predecessor, and why it plays out the same way each time.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Archyduke posted:

I don't know what kind of response you expect to this kind of thing, but perhaps you should reflect on every other time you've come into this thread and its predecessor, and why it plays out the same way each time.

I'm going to guess the answer is terminal brain problems.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I for one am glad that Rufus shows up once a week to complain about those totally unreasonable leftists making otherwise perfectly good liberals and centrists turn to right winger or some stupid poo poo.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Imagine a rich guy being able to contribute more to politics than all us poors, it's almost like that's part of the problem or something.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Captain Rufus posted:

There's not a :jerkbag: big enough to adequately reply to this.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Rufus posted:

Sir, this is a McDonalds drivethru.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Part 2
https://mobile.twitter.com/Latin4Cookies/status/1064326169523339265

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Yikes.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Captain Rufus posted:

Also rages about milk but loves his weed

Wait, what?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That doesn’t look anime, that’s deviant art.

A 13 year old that just found deviant art at that

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

That Squirrel Girl will haunt my dreams.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Gynovore posted:

Wait, what?

Maher has 3 huge hate ons and 2 lesser. Catholicism which he grew up in, much of Islam of the Saudia Arabia/Taliban style, and milk because some woo bullshit gmo its for cow babies not people. The whole snooty rear end entertainment for adults may be his fourth nonsense hang up. 5 is college kids being pussies and that whole snowflake thing because being challenged is good.

Again why milk bad but weed good? Hypocrisy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i really don't have the energy to just screencap his redtext again so pretend i did it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Captain Rufus posted:

Maher has 3 huge hate ons and 2 lesser. Catholicism which he grew up in, much of Islam of the Saudia Arabia/Taliban style, and milk because some woo bullshit gmo its for cow babies not people. The whole snooty rear end entertainment for adults may be his fourth nonsense hang up. 5 is college kids being pussies and that whole snowflake thing because being challenged is good.

I like how your trying to spin it as positively as possible and you still make him look like garbage.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I love how he puts quotes around "drew" when referring to Erica Henderson's art. Like, even if you think it looks like poo poo she definitely drew it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Racism, sexism, and transphobia: very progressive views espoused by one Bill Maher.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Captain Rufus posted:

He sounds like a poo poo conservative to me. Like, I know you brought up the Catholic thing to try to be the one point against just thinking he was a conservative, but there are a lot of conservatives that hate Catholics because that's still a thing in America. Now, if you want to bring up the fact he was an atheist, then you might have a bit more of a point but there are still a lot of libertarian shithead conservatives who are atheist. It's pretty much separate from all the poo poo that actually makes conservative bad. What religion is practiced in America does not help the situation, we can all agree that being a shity conservative it's not wholly dependent of your religious beliefs.

I sort of ramble there, but it sounds like Bill Maher is just a loving conservative was what I was trying to say.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

New Atheism is entirely made up of neo-reactionaries and was one of the pillars of online toxic thought from which the alt-right emerged. Bill Maher is a perfect example of that kind of dipshit: perfectly willing to criticize organized religion, but then goes on to decide that religion itself is a sign of stupidity and weakness, and therefore any nation or culture more devout than his own is inferior and evil.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you're going to get mad that women aren't always drawn like supermodels in tiny outfits and re-draw them into jerkoff material, at least have the consideration to be a talented artist.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Lurdiak posted:

New Atheism is entirely made up of neo-reactionaries and was one of the pillars of online toxic thought from which the alt-right emerged. Bill Maher is a perfect example of that kind of dipshit: perfectly willing to criticize organized religion, but then goes on to decide that religion itself is a sign of stupidity and weakness, and therefore any nation or culture more devout than his own is inferior and evil.

Now I have a name for it. New atheism. That's those assholes. Now I can insult them without having to insult an entire religious group.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

CharlestheHammer posted:

I like how your trying to spin it as positively as possible and you still make him look like garbage.

Im not spinning it. The dude has some stupid rear end viewpoints just like we all do. (Except he has more money than us because TV show and can blab em on the air. He does get booed sometimes and acts butthurt about it.) I'm not even saying his opinions are legit or that I agree with them. I find a lot of them dumb just like the dude from Loveline and the Man Show. But I listen to the podcast version of the show. And by non current SA standards the dude is still a boogeyman of the Right to the point that insane bomb maker had Maher on his list. (At least he claimed as such.)

Talking poo poo about Stan Lee is still hosed though and I think we can all agree about that. (I know its shocking but we all more or less agree with each other itt.) Jack Kirby and Ditko might have had other opinions of course but we don't and now sadly won't know the full truth. :smith:

Vvvv well yeah the Right is full of dumb people. Its dummies, dupes, and assholes more or less. But SA is VERY hard left compared to the mainstream USA right now. I have had actual people irl call me a liberal like its some slur im supposed to be upset by as opposed to amused by. Also see when I felt i finally arrived on youtube when someone called me a cuck sjw. It gives me the giggles. Whereas some of yall itt think I am probably reading Weekly Standard or something when I really want to smack most Republicans with a large dildo. Its a matter of perspective I think. Vvvvv

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 19, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
People on the right think Bill Maher represents the left because people on the right are complete loving morons.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The vast majority of the right defines their political enemies as "anyone who talks poo poo about my guys", not by their actual political views.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Lurdiak posted:

The vast majority of the right defines their political enemies as "anyone who talks poo poo about my guys", not by their actual political views.

yeah, the enemy of my enemy is not a liberal by default my friend

conservatives have a bunch of boogie men--many don't live up to their reputation, some of them aren't even real

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Bill Maher has said enough racist poo poo over the years that the correct conclusion to make is that anyone who likes him is also racist.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

🤮

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: No. no, I do not want to poo poo up the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maher is racist, homophobic, transphobic and I'm very willing to believe endless Mike's assertion that he's misogynist, so if you willingly listen to his stuff on the regular maybe you're just a piece of poo poo