Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

GenericOverusedName posted:

You can pry Power Donation out of my cold dead exploded Nova's hands, you heathens.

If Corpro wasn't so dominant I'm sure we'd all be arguing about how everyone should be running Power Donation and gently caress you if you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Soothing Vapors posted:

They really should just double the capacity auras grant and remove aura polarities altogether. I get the feeling auras were meant to be flexible but aura polarities basically mean you're either slotting a dash or losing a bunch of mod capacity on any frame you bring to endgame groups.

Isn't it cheap/easy to change the aura polarity? I haven't done it but the wiki makes it sound like you just need Forma?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Nickiepoo posted:

If Corpro wasn't so dominant I'm sure we'd all be arguing about how everyone should be running Power Donation and gently caress you if you don't.

No! If other people bring it I won't make enemies zip around the map like they're on cocaine as much!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zero VGS posted:

Isn't it cheap/easy to change the aura polarity? I haven't done it but the wiki makes it sound like you just need Forma?

It's cheap but mildly annoying in that you also have to relevel the frame from 0 to 30

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
So i gave the k drive a whirl and i loved it. way more than the archwing in my opinion. but the archwing does have somethings better than the k drive, however. but can you do sweet tricks with your freaking archwing?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Good to hear, guess i've just had a spotty first week then.
I must be cursed or something, since this post i've had 2 more bugged krils that never went to next phase despite all pipes being destroyed and a few alerts where all 4 players got forever stuck wiggling their ships on the initial loading screen for 5+ minutes. Usually the game loads in 3-4 seconds from my ssd.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

http://warframe-builder.com/Warfram...5-9_0/en/1-0-50

Here is an alternative, non Steel Charge Valkyr Prime build. It is what I use and it's really dumb and broken. Bring along a cat to heal you and your favorite low attack speed healing return weapon and you become immortal.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Now we have k-drive and AW we can have a Diddy Kong Racing style mode where you have to switch between the two at different points on the track.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I finished the Second Dream quest!

Now that I'm in Pluto, how many resources should I put into my normal Warframes? I'm thinking about potatoing my normal Rhino.

I'll probably upgrade to the prime version at some point (if they either unlock him again or I get a 75% off plat coupon), but I'm starting to feel like I could really use the additional points.

Also the Uranus junction is garbage, and every requirement on it is terrible, but Grineer Caches on sabotage missions are the worst.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Substandard posted:

I finished the Second Dream quest!

Now that I'm in Pluto, how many resources should I put into my normal Warframes? I'm thinking about potatoing my normal Rhino.

I'll probably upgrade to the prime version at some point (if they either unlock him again or I get a 75% off plat coupon), but I'm starting to feel like I could really use the additional points.

Also the Uranus junction is garbage, and every requirement on it is terrible, but Grineer Caches on sabotage missions are the worst.

Personally I do not like to potato any frame that has a Prime counterpart, but if you're not going to buy Rhino P tomorrow then investing in Rhino is not a waste of a potato. He'll carry you through the map and remain useful past that.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
In the end, a potato is only 20 plat. Potato things you want to use now and have fun. If you are considering buying Rhino Prime from players another 20 is hardly an issue.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
I've decided to give this a try and I was wondering when you start to get new weapons and when you get the chance to look cool instead of a 99 cent store action figure. Is it after you decide to give Digital Extremes some money or after you grind "potatoes" for 20 hours?

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

alphabettitouretti posted:

Now we have k-drive and AW we can have a Diddy Kong Racing style mode where you have to switch between the two at different points on the track.

i want this to happen so bad.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Legin Noslen posted:

I've decided to give this a try and I was wondering when you start to get new weapons and when you get the chance to look cool instead of a 99 cent store action figure. Is it after you decide to give Digital Extremes some money or after you grind "potatoes" for 20 hours?

You can look cool immediately if you like the starting colours, and new weapon blueprints will start to drop pretty regularly once you start moving through the starchart, and some you can just buy with credits from the market. Though finding the taste boundry for your own likes might take a while. Here's my original Excalibur colour scheme, and the later version of the same colour set put on my Nezha.

And because I want to, my current favourite fashion look, my Kamen Rider Build Revenant. Though that's done with the Classic Saturated colour palette, though I got that with plat gotten from trading.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 19, 2018

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Legin Noslen posted:

Lets be clear here in that you never need to give DE money for anything except user created content, nor is any of the grind particularly nasty.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Legin Noslen posted:

You can start making new weapons as soon as you finish the intro quest. Open the menu, go to the market, select the weapon category, then find one that looks neat which has a blueprint option.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I must be cursed or something, since this post i've had 2 more bugged krils that never went to next phase despite all pipes being destroyed and a few alerts where all 4 players got forever stuck wiggling their ships on the initial loading screen for 5+ minutes. Usually the game loads in 3-4 seconds from my ssd.

There's still some weird server stuff going on for everyone. I got hit with the endless loading screen, and the random dojo when entering NOS bug. Fortuna has been a surprisingly stable release, but theres a reason we joke about the game being a buggy mess :shobon:

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Holy drat, Energizing Dash is a massive game changer. I can actually use my abilities at will instead of desperately hunting down energy orbs. This feels like the biggest jump in power since I built a Hek all those ranks ago.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Legin Noslen posted:

Like others have said, once you get your ship, go to the market and hit the "blueprints only" checkbox. Then you can buy all the recipes you want. The MK-1 weapons come pre built, but be forewarned they are hot garbage and not at all representative of the rest of the game.

Spend your starting plat on warframe and weapon slots.

Apply to the goon clans in the OP, and craft a dojo key when you hit MR2, that'll give you access to more blueprints.

After the first week, you should be able to start acquiring gear pieces you can sell to others and not have to pay $$$ if you dont want to.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also iirc the non MK1 variants can also be bought with credits outright

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I max-ed my mk1 rifle and staff and didn't run into too many problems but the gamefeel improved dramatically once i got my hands on shotguns, magnum-style handcannons or bows - granted, that's probably a question of personal preference. The atomos feels pretty hilarious as well, but man does it cause a visual mess.

The only plat i've spent so far was on saturated colors (extremely important for goofy colorschemes), a tremendously stupid looking cape (the most expensive and also unnecessary thing) and a bunch of weapon and frame slots. The latter was actually the only reasonable purchase, and i could've cut down on that if didn't build every frame blueprint the moment i get it and just sold maxed weapons that i didn't enjoy at all instead of hoarding them.

I've actually crafted more potatoes than i've used so far because i don't even have the (maxed out) mods to make use of double capacity for most things.

I'm also considering going for the immortal skin pack once i've got most of the frames in it covered, but i really wish there was a way to previous those skins with custom colorschemes.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If you go to your frame's appearance tab, you can select a custom skin without buying it and it'll be shown in your frame's current colors. If you want to see what a different color scheme would look like, you have to back out of the skin menu and change them on your frame, then go back into the skin menu - which is inelegant, but at least possible.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Goons use Corpro, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Aura slot. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through its Steel Charge mod capacity, the Aura slot called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Aura slot. Behold the Goons, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of Steel Charge. Forever bound to the Aura slot. Let it be known, if the Goons want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Steel Charge. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Steel Charge. They will learn its simple truth. The Goons are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.

How much would it cost to put this up in the dojo?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I've put like 60 hours into it since I started a couple weeks ago and I've yet to buy anything from DE other than warframe slots. I did buy a Nekros Prime warframe set from another player, but that's just because he doesn't drop at the moment and I wanted it. I'm still using my free Amazon platinum from whenever they gave stuff away for twitch. Honestly for a F2P game so far the progression seems very fair without resource / affinity boosters or anything.

You can change colors immediately, and helms and stuff drop via mission alert fairly often. There are more weapons available via clan blueprint / mission rewards / market blueprint than you will know what to do with. The things you eventually need to spend money on are warframe slots and weapon slots. And probably potatoes, but I've gotten 2 weapon ones so far and that has been enough.

I'm enjoying the game and will probably buy either a prime pack or some straight platinum eventually, but I wouldn't let the F2P aspects scare you too much.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

DoombatINC posted:

If you go to your frame's appearance tab, you can select a custom skin without buying it and it'll be shown in your frame's current colors. If you want to see what a different color scheme would look like, you have to back out of the skin menu and change them on your frame, then go back into the skin menu - which is inelegant, but at least possible.
Oh cool, that's a bit obscure but does bascially what i was looking for, thanks!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

To be frank, I never use CorPro myself.
It's because I am such a winner, I just get tired of winning all the time.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
the real question is: how much plat do i have to spend to be able to do full loops and barrel rolls in the ship loading screen

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a Rhino Prime pack a couple months ago when I first started and have no regrets, I also figured it was the cost of a regular game, and I've gotten a whole lot more gameplay out of this than most.

Granted, I'm on PS4 so the plat situation is a little bit different as coupons work differently. But in general getting plat in game is really easy- just in chasing after the currently unvaulted relics I've probably made a couple hundred selling sets of other random things that drop in void fissures.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Substandard posted:

I'm enjoying the game and will probably buy either a prime pack or some straight platinum eventually, but I wouldn't let the F2P aspects scare you too much.

Prime Packs are not a great deal - unless you are new.

In which case they are a decent deal. Once you're 'established' a 90d credit booster is useless and the frames are trivial to get.

Early game though, 90d of credits and affinity go a long way, spend plat on resource boosters and you can basically get to MR 12 in 2 weeks.

I wouldn't get Chroma though - just not a good frame. BUT - supposedly next Prime Access will be Mesa - and if you're new and have $ to burn - I highly recommend it.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

FileNotFound posted:

Prime Packs are not a great deal - unless you are new.

In which case they are a decent deal. Once you're 'established' a 90d credit booster is useless and the frames are trivial to get.

Early game though, 90d of credits and affinity go a long way, spend plat on resource boosters and you can basically get to MR 12 in 2 weeks.

I wouldn't get Chroma though - just not a good frame. BUT - supposedly next Prime Access will be Mesa - and if you're new and have $ to burn - I highly recommend it.

I am new and I think Chroma looks cool, but I have farmed every part for him except the systems already, so I can probably farm him and wait for Mesa now that I am far enough to do some Axi relics.

I've been tempted because I want some plat to buy Rhino Prime and my plat coupon sucks. I was considering the prime pack that gives you 2625 plat (plus the Chroma Prime stuff) for $80 which is not great, but cheaper per platinum than my current 20% off coupon. It doesn't come with the boosters though if you buy that one. I'm going to hold out for a better coupon and/or Mesa.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

:confused:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Hobold posted:

Those guys are magnetic proc on hit, not drain auras like Energy Leech Eximus aura. I'm talking about the aura that bleeds your energy, and can nullify an energy orb pick up, within 5 seconds of you having grabbed it.

If one of those eximus assholes is within the same zipcode as you, especially on Onslaught maps, better hope you're not on a casting frame.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

quote:

Not only does the Ancient Disruptor possess an aura that allows its nearby allies to drain Warframe energy with each attack,

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Nah, but he's talking about the constant drain that you experience, not just from attacks, which iirc comes from a Leech Eximus.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Chroma bad and dull. Mesa fun.

Anyway crack relics all day every day. Prime Parts = Plat = Prime Parts and so on.

It doesn't matter if you don't have 'good' relics, just bring whatever you got to pubbie runs and take their radiant relics. Bring your own radiants to rad shares.

Just keep tenno.tools open while you're playing so you can see if any fissures you want to do pop up. Captures tend to be the fastest, excavation can be faster but with pubbies it sucks. Defense is my go to though due to good affinity rewards and at high tier you get relics as you're cracking relics....

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

skaianDestiny posted:

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Yes, yes it is. That attack, is a magnetic proc, which drains ~250 energy. It is not what I'm talking about. Maybe, you know, read the post?

quote:

Casts an aura on itself and allies (they will be surrounded in purple) with three effects:
2) On hitting a Warframe, drains energy proportional to the damage dealt (this is separate from the Magnetic b Magnetic Status Effect).

e; Seperate from the mag effect, but still, drain on hit. I'm talking about losing energy in a room by yourself, because an Eximus is three rooms over.

Hobold fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 19, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

FileNotFound posted:

Chroma bad and dull. Mesa fun.

Anyway crack relics all day every day. Prime Parts = Plat = Prime Parts and so on.

It doesn't matter if you don't have 'good' relics, just bring whatever you got to pubbie runs and take their radiant relics. Bring your own radiants to rad shares.

Just keep tenno.tools open while you're playing so you can see if any fissures you want to do pop up. Captures tend to be the fastest, excavation can be faster but with pubbies it sucks. Defense is my go to though due to good affinity rewards and at high tier you get relics as you're cracking relics....

The relics you can get from defense go up to Exceptional relics after the first rotation, and if anyone just wants a warm body to come leech off an Elite Onslaught run go do that, it drops pre-radded relics.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

njsykora posted:

The relics you can get from defense go up to Exceptional relics after the first rotation, and if anyone just wants a warm body to come leech off an Elite Onslaught run go do that, it drops pre-radded relics.

Is this DEs attempt to tank the market on Prime parts because I run EOS casually for Focus and I'm now basically the 'can't hold all these limes' guy but with Radd'd relics.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Nickiepoo posted:

Is this DEs attempt to tank the market on Prime parts because I run EOS casually for Focus and I'm now basically the 'can't hold all these limes' guy but with Radd'd relics.

At one point I had 60ish rad lith relics from ESO.

I've been making an effort to work through them and just down to 12 now.

Still no Lato Vandal though.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Hey, what mastery rank are you and how long did it take to reach that? feel like all this talk of sorties feels very alien to me and don't know how i can add to it. i'm just now farming for excal ingredients recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pretty sure I did my first sortie at MR8, but I am an outlier in that I really hate building and leveling frames/guns I have zero interest in just because of a stupid mechanic (and because to be useful as Trinity you really just have to press 2 and 4 and not die).