Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

the weirdest part is that his name is the only non white music group iirc

like i dont think that really means anything but it's a super bad look

You're overthinking it, he's named after Wu Tang Clan because Wu Tang and Orangutan sound similar and he was probably all like "poo poo that's funny I'm gonna go with that" when he had to come up with a name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

Emperor's power is gun and Chariot's power is sword and well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

Actually a near perfect representation of their first encounter.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I actually think emperor is underrated, it's just Hol Horse is dumb.

We've seen that Hol Horse can control the bullets with enough precision to dodge Polnareff's sword and then return to its original course. That should mean that against, say, Mista, he'd be able to just have the bullets dodge Sex Pistols. In fact, he could logically have it dodge almost anything at that point. Hang out in the shadows and just assassinate people from far off with it, your gun has perfect accuracy and you can dodge anything that blocks your path. If your vision gets obstructed, just have the bullet loving fly around a shitton in the person's general area. If you can control it well enough to dodge a goddamn rapier, you can control it well enough to snipe two or three peoples' jugular veigns in a single shot. You can control it well enough to snipe their Achilles tendons, or go into their eye and then back out again. Hell, shoot a ton of bullets and just have them spin around you to work as a shield.

I know it's dumb to argue about stand power levels, but I think Emperor has a ton of flexibility and utility that it never seems to get credit for.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Remember when there was a pedophile monkey who had a boat for a stand

Early part 3 before he actually had an idea of how stands should work ruled

Remember that Part 4 had 2 completely autonomous stands and one of them was a loving Pylon.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CodfishCartographer posted:

I actually think emperor is underrated, it's just Hol Horse is dumb.

We've seen that Hol Horse can control the bullets with enough precision to dodge Polnareff's sword and then return to its original course. That should mean that against, say, Mista, he'd be able to just have the bullets dodge Sex Pistols. In fact, he could logically have it dodge almost anything at that point. Hang out in the shadows and just assassinate people from far off with it, your gun has perfect accuracy and you can dodge anything that blocks your path. If your vision gets obstructed, just have the bullet loving fly around a shitton in the person's general area. If you can control it well enough to dodge a goddamn rapier, you can control it well enough to snipe two or three peoples' jugular veigns in a single shot. You can control it well enough to snipe their Achilles tendons, or go into their eye and then back out again. Hell, shoot a ton of bullets and just have them spin around you to work as a shield.

I know it's dumb to argue about stand power levels, but I think Emperor has a ton of flexibility and utility that it never seems to get credit for.
Idk this almost all sounds like stuff Sex Pistols can do too. Even down to Mista not having to worry if he has no visibility on his target, he had six other eyes that can get the shot for him and nail it without luck

This discussion is prob better saved for when Sex Pistols Pt.2 airs but I think they're pretty coo!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hey guys just letting you know the canonical winner of the dance meme has been found

https://twitter.com/Johni0329/status/1064034005165604864
:pusheen: (Help I'm dying) :pusheen:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Willsun posted:

I'd like to think Jotaro went in like that because he brought Josuke along on purpose. If he picked Koichi instead, he'd probably have stayed in cover more and made Koichi make cat sounds or some poo poo to scare Bug-Eaten out into a trap or something.

Jotaro WAS explicitly acting as bait in that fight but he did also get legit outsmarted by a rat(and the nature of it's stand means you only need to slip up once to lose, though Josuke takes advantage of that mindset to win)

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is very important. Remember Okuyasu's Stand was a one-hit kill with no real weaknesses beyond range, which is barely a weakness when every strong Stand is short-ranged in the first place, and even so Okuyasu wasn't nearly as dangerous as, say, Vanilla Ice who had a very similar power, simply because Okuyasu is the best boy and thus kind of an idiot.

This is also because Okuyasu has to be mindful of collateral damage or unintended effects while Ice can just rampage through DIO's mansion like a moron and destroy everything

Being a Good Boy, Okuyasu doesn't want to kill people while Vanilla Ice is like VROOM VROOM I'M A DEATH CAR TAKE THAT AVDOL

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 19, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kikas posted:

Remember that Part 4 had 2 completely autonomous stands and one of them was a loving Pylon.

I am always amused by the fact that part 4 says the arrow gives you a stand based in what you need at the time, but several stands kill the user.

Like what did the dude who got cheap trick need that got him cheap trick

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am always amused by the fact that part 4 says the arrow gives you a stand based in what you need at the time, but several stands kill the user.

The Arrow gets judgy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was cheap trick even that guy's original stand or was it given to him by a previous owner of cheap trick?

Also I know this is the anime thread but am I allowed to talk about how it's a shame that the part 4 anime excluded some of the best cheap trick scenes from the manga

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A reason for people to agree with him that looking at his back would be a bad idea, of course. So he got the last laugh on that one before immediately dying.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FirstAidKite posted:

Was cheap trick even that guy's original stand or was it given to him by a previous owner of cheap trick?

Also I know this is the anime thread but am I allowed to talk about how it's a shame that the part 4 anime excluded some of the best cheap trick scenes from the manga

yoshishiro ganked him in the back with the arrow iirc

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

[90s standup voice] better than another night with the ol ball and chain, am i right fellas

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah absolutely, manga discussion for past parts is totally fine

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Speaking of spoilers I have sort of an interesting relationship with then because I have wiki spoiled the general arc of every part already, but most of the details are still foreign.

Which frankly, strikes me as the best way to jojo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah absolutely, manga discussion for past parts is totally fine

I just really wanted the scene of the delivery people and firemen showing up because Rohan fell asleep or whatever and cheap trick was making phone calls to try and get people to see Rohan's back.

I also wish we had gotten the page about the calluses. I get why they'd cut it but I loved how silly it was that there was this whole page spread for superfly's user's calluses and how he can use them to story tools from a swiss army knife as well as using them to pop open bottles and stuff

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I swear I remember them keeping Superflys user weird calluses, it wasnt nearly as gross in the anime tho.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

speaking of superfly I just remembered part 4 had an alien

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Or did it?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

He was an alien Stand User and didn't notice Crazy Diamond because Earth Stands are invisible to him. :colbert:

Also, I thought it was a little weird they cut out the end of Superfly where Toyohiro helps Josuke not fall to his death, but that fight wasn't the most interesting, so it's whatever.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I swear I remember them keeping Superflys user weird calluses, it wasnt nearly as gross in the anime tho.

They did keep them, they just looked like weird hexagon rocks instead of bulbous growths. Also they didn't really get much air time where as with a comic panel you can just sit there staring and going "eww" "eww" "eww icky eww" for hours.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

superfly is that rare case where the fight is kind of whatever but the concept is so strong that it still makes my top 10 lists

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Patware posted:

superfly is that rare case where the fight is kind of whatever but the concept is so strong that it still makes my top 10 lists

its like if arnold vs. stoop kid had magic

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

the callouses were so weird that they moved past gross and just became cool to me

just big ol hand bumps that have knives in them, why not

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just wanted to see them adapt this page like they did with Kars

because it's just so silly like "oh ok he can do bird calls using his calluses" and yeah the hidden knife is one thing but it's another when you realize he has an entire swiss army knife built into them.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Late but the perfect medium for a Jojo videogame is a Text Adventure with random Mario Party styled minigames

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah. As a mafia member you probably want the intimidation factor of an actual gun while as an assassin being able to sneak weapons into places would be useful. Both are appropriate for the user IMO.

There is nothing preventing Hol to pretend to use an actual gun.

In any case, the main difference is that the sex pistols have lots of personality and the emperor is just a dumb gun. So the pistols have it beat easily.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's not about the size of the gun in the cowboy, it's about the size of the cowboy in the gun

or something like that

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hol horse's stand power is being heterosexual, he can just do a weird parlor trick with a gun to go with it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Broke: "so is Emperor or Sex Pistols the stronger stand"

Woke: "so a Mista and Hol Horse team up would be just loving unbeatable"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

i'm just glad they kept the guy on the bike who asked rohan to draw some big titties in his next chapter

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like Mista and Hol Horse would hate each other, but I dont know why

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Let's not forget the best gun stand in all of jojo up until this point, Wheel of Fortune.

His bullets ended part 3 early!!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, incidentally, I don't think anyone posted the dance from the manga. This was the whole thing, so you can see how DP took liberties with it.

Expect My Mom posted:

I think both All Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven had them complaining at each other about their similar Stands in free battle mode.

Okuyasu does the same to Vanilla Ice in the latter as well.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Expect My Mom posted:

Considering how Mista treats the Pistols really well, I feel that Mista would see Hol Horse being a "love 'em and leave 'em" type to women and hate how he shows absolutely no respect to partners.

Also he'd see Hol Horse running away as a refusal to finish the mission no matter what it takes and lose any respect for Hol Horse.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh, incidentally, I don't think anyone posted the dance from the manga. This was the whole thing, so you can see how DP took liberties with it.

I think both All Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven had them complaining at each other about their similar Stands in free battle mode.

Okuyasu does the same to Vanilla Ice in the latter as well.

Something that’s always bothered me is both Fugo and Mista seeing Narancia dancing in the first panel but Fugo just continues to chill and watch until joining in the third. I can’t tell if that’s supposed to be a personality bend on Fugo or Araki changed his mind about the blocking while drawing or what

But the way the anime does it where they each take notice in sequence is like what I would have expected to happen in the manga

I’ve also not read any of the manga and only know these panels and only got into Jojo in the first place because of memes

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'd seen panels of the dance before, but definitely not with the context of torturing a dude's living severed head.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sockser posted:

Something that’s always bothered me is both Fugo and Mista seeing Narancia dancing in the first panel but Fugo just continues to chill and watch until joining in the third. I can’t tell if that’s supposed to be a personality bend on Fugo or Araki changed his mind about the blocking while drawing or what

But the way the anime does it where they each take notice in sequence is like what I would have expected to happen in the manga

I’ve also not read any of the manga and only know these panels and only got into Jojo in the first place because of memes

narancia is a trendsetter, mista is an early adopter, fugo is a follower who waits to see what's popular instead of having his own opinion

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Expect My Mom posted:

The Emperor is number IV in the Major Arcana of the Tarot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Sockser posted:

it's because fugo isn't supposed to join in until the third panel, that's what they choreographed