Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Licarn posted:

Kanto's most forgettable pokemon: Dewgong

I was thinking that last night. It's just a slightly longer Seel!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Hmm... Can Caterpie learn any decent moves?

I think the best thing they can learn iirc is eventually Bug Bite

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What about tms

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions should definitely be on the Switch!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Everybody shut up, this is important!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPThsaYrwBw

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

incorrect

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It has Cowboy Bebop in now so normies can like it

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm making a snake party. Any suggestions?

I got Arbok, Onix, Gyarados, and plan on Dragonair.

I'd rather not have Ekans cause that's basically two of the same Pokemon.

I'm considering Fearow cause he looks kind of like a snake cause of the long rear end neck, which was all you could see in the originals when using him.

I can't recall if any of the other 151 are Sneklike

pretend diglett is a snake head popping up out of the ground

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
anime

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's okay to say Nintendo are stupid to keep forcing people to use motion controls because motion controls are, as a whole, bad. You can still love nintendo and be a big fanboy and drop down on your knees in front of Miyamoto and at the same time dislike motion controls. No one is going to think less of you for being honest with the world.

There should always be an option to not use motion controls. Especially in a situation like this one where the game plays one way docked but another undocked. That's beyond bad game design. It's vindictive.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm finally in super robot wars. A dream come true

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Harlock posted:

I'm finally in super robot wars. A dream come true

After Space Battleship Yamato got into a SRW game it was only a matter of time

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
We're one step closer to Space Battleship Yamato meeting The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

I'm considering Fearow cause he looks kind of like a snake cause of the long rear end neck, which was all you could see in the originals when using him.

Lickitung

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Silver Falcon posted:

I like the candy system. If you don't want to break the game with it, there are a couple other good uses of it. Catch a rare Pokemon with a lovely nature/stats? Use candy to shore it up! Like a Pokemon's unevolved form better than its evolutions? Give it candy until it's at parity with where it would be if it evolved!

It's basically an adjustable difficulty system. It's good. Candy is good. Send the unworthy to the farm upstate back to the Professor!

Fun fact: candies are 2% sugar and 98% gelatin.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tangela and pretend it's a medusa head

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I considered it but to me Tangela will always be a fry guy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Silver Falcon posted:

I like the candy system. If you don't want to break the game with it, there are a couple other good uses of it. Catch a rare Pokemon with a lovely nature/stats? Use candy to shore it up! Like a Pokemon's unevolved form better than its evolutions? Give it candy until it's at parity with where it would be if it evolved!

It's basically an adjustable difficulty system. It's good. Candy is good. Send the unworthy to the farm upstate back to the Professor!

The last one is the big one for me. I don't like Golduck but Psyduck is my favorite Pokémon of all time. So I'm gonna power up Psyduck to be as beefy as the rest. I do wish I could give it an everstone though instead of having to stop its evolution each time it levels when it gets to that point

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
one time I'm gonna make a gimmick team of only the big pink pokémon and it's gonna suck :c00lbert:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Huh Lickitung really is just a fat snake with legs huh

That gives me
Onix: Ground/Rock
Arbok: Poison
Gyarados: Water/Flying. Mega: Water/Dark
Lickitung: Normal
Dragonair: Dragon

And finally....

Jynx: Ice/Psychic

Cause someone gotta raise all these snakes

Cause I want no type duplicates and I don't want Fire/Water/Grass/Electric, she is the best choice

Question: Is Jynx and Mr Mime male and female of the same species? I say yes

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 19, 2018

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Any chance anybody will have Overcooked 2 for $20 or less for Black Friday?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Star Link is $40 at Amazon now, with the Star Fox ship.... I know it's a worse deal than digital, but so drat tempted

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

https://twitter.com/tommyfists/status/1064389853373243392

You can't bring her back, Taranza.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Your Computer posted:

one time I'm gonna make a gimmick team of only the big pink pokémon and it's gonna suck :c00lbert:

Best team

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Your Computer posted:

You need a sixth. Shiny Jynx. Shiny Ninetales. Or Muk

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It'd be cool if, on Dec 25th, Nintendo dropped a bunch more NES games to their service. Stuff like the SMB 2 and 3, Zelda 2, the Lolo trilogy, and whatever 3rd party games they could manage.

I suppose the chances are super slim to see any of the classic Mega Man games on there, given that they're available elsewhere on the same platform, right?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It'd be cool if, on Dec 25th, Nintendo dropped a bunch more NES games to their service. Stuff like the SMB 2 and 3, Zelda 2, the Lolo trilogy, and whatever 3rd party games they could manage.

I suppose the chances are super slim to see any of the classic Mega Man games on there, given that they're available elsewhere on the same platform, right?

3 is on there already, and Lolo is scheduled for next month

Thanks ninty

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1064548866471706625?s=19

For your speedy tips

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 19, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Well, glad I sprung to get Battlefield V Deluxe, as my girlfriend successfully hogged Switch the whole weekend. From Friday night until Sunday, she put in over 25 hours of Let's Go Pikachu.

We even went out and got the PokeBall Plus. She's got Pikachu loaded in there now. Looks like we'll be getting another Switch this summer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Let’s Go is real good! Perfect game for this perfect console.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Let’s Go is real good! Perfect game for this perfect console.

It's a great game to play when you're on you're break, since you can play it one handed in tabletop mode and eat a sandwich at the same time

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I keep thinking I'm in the pokemon thread

I mean I don't really mind, go nuts but :psyduck:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

There is only one Nintendo thread. All others will be forsaken. Don't go mad like the tennis aces OP.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Diablo 3 is still a lot of fun but it has some annoying stuff. :( A bunch of these maps just suck real bad (basically everything from the end of the campaign) and some of the maps are just too darn big. Running around for 15 minutes trying to find the objective with no indication of where it is or which direction isn't fun. Also stop sending me to these barracks, that has to be the most infuriating map of them all! And what's with the action priority? If I'm doing a cursed chest event I basically cannot use my basic attack because my character will rather inspect the chest and go "I can't open that" than attack :arghfist:

I also really wish they'd add some options to turn down the positional audio and rumble because those are both really uncomfortable in handheld mode.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I keep thinking I'm in the pokemon thread

I mean I don't really mind, go nuts but :psyduck:

Yeah, the last week or so has involved a lot of "oh, new posts in the switch thread" and then a lot of scrolling past Pokemon talk. Which is whatever, I just don't personally care about Pokemon

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Pokemon is fairly simple, so the posts don't tend to be super dense.

Smash, on the other hand, is going to overrun this thread.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Diablo 3 is still a lot of fun but it has some annoying stuff. :( A bunch of these maps just suck real bad (basically everything from the end of the campaign) and some of the maps are just too darn big. Running around for 15 minutes trying to find the objective with no indication of where it is or which direction isn't fun. Also stop sending me to these barracks, that has to be the most infuriating map of them all! And what's with the action priority? If I'm doing a cursed chest event I basically cannot use my basic attack because my character will rather inspect the chest and go "I can't open that" than attack :arghfist:

I also really wish they'd add some options to turn down the positional audio and rumble because those are both really uncomfortable in handheld mode.

I loving hate getting the "Kill Belial" adventure Quest because it is the most boring boss battle of them all

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Previews for Super Smash Bros are out, and SA's very own Lowtax got an exclusive look at the game.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

The switch thread is doomed to be occasionally dominated by conversation about a particular game. Such is the way of every console thread whenever a hip new game comes out. It can be prevented no more than one can prevent the sunset or the rise and fall of tides.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I loving hate getting the "Kill Belial" adventure Quest because it is the most boring boss battle of them all

I don't like how he has a soft enrage so if you're undergeared but doing well you get punished with a boring loop of his green pool attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Zinkraptor posted:

The switch thread is doomed to be occasionally dominated by conversation about a particular game. Such is the way of every console thread whenever a hip new game comes out. It can be prevented no more than one can prevent the sunset or the rise and fall of tides.

Yeah the PS thread is still talking about BloodBorne. Pretty much why I stopped checking it out.