Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

tallkidwithglasses posted:

The elements of 8th that everyone seems to like (movement values, ap system) were straight ripped from WHFB, which will always amuse me to no end.

WHFB was always a much better game that 40k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

HH should also add movement trays, then it would be a perfect game.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Ghazk posted:

75K? Good lord. Any group photos?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJ9nMpAQt2/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

That's an old one from the beginning of the year. It's gotten significantly more insane since then; there are now multiple Super Heavy Tanks, more Flyers, and at least double the amount of infantry models.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

No

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Yes!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Broken Record Talk posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJ9nMpAQt2/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

That's an old one from the beginning of the year. It's gotten significantly more insane since then; there are now multiple Super Heavy Tanks, more Flyers, and at least double the amount of infantry models.

That doesn't look like 75k, did you mean 7.5k?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

goodness posted:

That doesn't look like 75k, did you mean 7.5k?

Like I said, it's old. I'll grab an updated picture next time I'm over there. It's legit stupid.

E: I’m also garbage at estimating points, so it’s a guess based on the number of starter sets used (12) and it’s footprint on the tabletop compared to my own 8-10k SoH force, which can be seen in the background of some of the other posts on that page.

This isn’t an attempt at a “my uncle works at Nintendo” post; it’s a “my buddy is nuts, but I’m secretly a little envious” post.

Broken Record Talk fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 16, 2018

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I mean, someones uncle has to work at Nintendo in a non zero amount of cases.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I mean, someones uncle has to work at Nintendo in a non zero amount of cases.

I imagine being that guy has to suck, because everyone assumes he's an rear end in a top hat, and he can't ever take advantage of his hookup.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Sabot bases would be pretty sick

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Actually, when I was in elementary school a girl in my class had a parent who worked at Nabisco or something. She would actually bring in cookies of the future, which looking back on it was brilliant product testing.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Actually, when I was in elementary school a girl in my class had a parent who worked at Nabisco or something. She would actually bring in cookies of the future, which looking back on it was brilliant product testing.

Insanely envious right now. I want cookies from the future.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
40k had movement and AP values back in 2nd. Getting rid of them was hailed as a tremendous step forward.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Beerdeer posted:

40k had movement and AP values back in 2nd. Getting rid of them was hailed as a tremendous step forward.

I wish they’d bring them back. 7.5 would be the best edition.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

I wish they’d bring them back. 7.5 would be the best edition.

I’m hoping 30k ends up being that.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
I want:

Challenges
Templates
AP Modifiers
Movement Stats
Vehicle Facings
Split-Fire on Everything
Multi-Damage Weapons
No Xenos Allowed

Too much? Probably, but a ham can hope!

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

“my buddy is nuts, but I’m secretly a little envious” post.

This is why im selling some of my stuff before im too deep to recover.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Hencoe posted:

This is why im selling some of my stuff before im too deep to recover.

It only works if you are selling your Tyranids to buy more Iron Warriors. Otherwise you betray the hobby.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I have painted a Salamanders.

I can’t decide how I want to do the base- I’m torn between either something lush and verdant or a rubble-filled battlefield. I think lush and verdant would look better in general but the rubble would probably blend in better with more tables. Thoughts?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
Anything that isn’t a lava base is bad and wrong.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'd go with Istvaan V, being Salamanders and all:

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

How is tactical strike plus going? is anyone playing in a campaign using those rules? I'm intrigued by a small unit/gang style game of 30k and not sure I want the hassle of chasing the mournival rules or building some sort of inquisimunda framework.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Endman posted:

I'd go with Istvaan V, being Salamanders and all:

A Realm of Fire or Fields of Mars red style base would be a really cool contrast with the green though.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lava bases on Salamanders are so overdone.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Lava bases only make sense if you’re fighting on Nocturne, and I’m pretty sure they didn’t during the Heresy. :colbert:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Endman posted:

Lava bases only make sense if you’re fighting on Nocturne, and I’m pretty sure they didn’t during the Heresy. :colbert:

They most certainly did my dude and against the Death Guard of all things ... super lava dinosaurs even helped them out + magic giant flame throwers that can kill life eater virus AND proto centurian devastator suits ...... God I wish I wasn’t right :aaa: gently caress you Nick Kyme

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Killer_Bees! posted:

They most certainly did my dude and against the Death Guard of all things ... super lava dinosaurs even helped them out + magic giant flame throwers that can kill life eater virus AND proto centurian devastator suits ...... God I wish I wasn’t right :aaa:
:wtc: I knew about the dudes who left Nocturne to look for Vulkan, but

Killer_Bees! posted:

gently caress you Nick Kyme
Oh.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Killer_Bees! posted:

They most certainly did my dude and against the Death Guard of all things ... super lava dinosaurs even helped them out

Nick Kyme wishes to drink deep from the Space Wolf cup. Awuuuuuu

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Mezoa was a volcanic world where the Salamanders has some action too.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

xutech posted:

How is tactical strike plus going? is anyone playing in a campaign using those rules? I'm intrigued by a small unit/gang style game of 30k and not sure I want the hassle of chasing the mournival rules or building some sort of inquisimunda framework.

I posted it up a bunch of places and sent it into the IC people and EoH crew. I haven't gotten any reviews or battle reports. I think we need to host an event to get people involved.

As for the rules, they're polished and done. I think I've played more TS+ over the last year than regular games (I don't play that much, so YMMV). You should definitely try playing a campaign with your local crew. If there's interest I could setup a goon TS+ global campaign for 2019.

https://tacticalstrike.powerfisted.com/

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

I posted it up a bunch of places and sent it into the IC people and EoH crew.
I'm sure they'll get back to you once they've played a few hundred games.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Base complete!

Completed model:

This army is gonna be fun to work on, I think.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Killer_Bees! posted:

They most certainly did my dude and against the Death Guard of all things ... super lava dinosaurs even helped them out + magic giant flame throwers that can kill life eater virus AND proto centurian devastator suits ...... God I wish I wasn’t right :aaa: gently caress you Nick Kyme

Jesus Christ what the hell

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Yeah from memory of someone's trip report the Death Guard bombarded Nocturne with the life eater virus but there were some super secret flamethrowers installed somewhere that somehow managed to incinerate the virus in the upper atmosphere before it could do anything? I guess by then the DG realised they were in a Nick Kyme book and noped the gently caress outta there.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Setting fire to the atmosphere to save the planet is pretty grim, to be honest

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Endman posted:

Not very dark though.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Endman posted:

It's Nocturne, I doubt many people noticed.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I am nothing compared to the paintlords in this thread, but I finished a pointman Veteran and I think he's the best I've done yet.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

DrPop posted:

I am nothing compared to the paintlords in this thread, but I finished a pointman Veteran and I think he's the best I've done yet.

Nice pointman, man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DrPop posted:

I think this is very good!