Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Hue's coming back to the Bengals to begin the cycle anew. Dalton will look like an MVP in 2020 and the Bills will hire Hue in 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the whole "andy dalton is good enough" argument is predicated on having a defense that is good and at the very least not absolute dogshit which the 2018 bengals defense is. they're freaking bad.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

marvin is absolutely gone if the bengals miss the playoffs but i think he's back in the most likely scenario of them losing another wild card game.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I want them to get in the playoffs and somehow host a game just to see what the attendance would be

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looking to get a corn dog this season.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

my biggest hope in life is that the patriots end up as the 3 because if the bengals lose another playoff game to the drat steelers or texans ill eat forums poster lord waffle beards pubes.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Whoop my rear end

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

marvin is absolutely gone if the bengals miss the playoffs but i think he's back in the most likely scenario of them losing another wild card game.
you know in your heart he stays if he misses the playoffs, thats why he got a two year contract

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

my biggest hope in life is that the patriots end up as the 3 because if the bengals lose another playoff game to the drat steelers or texans ill eat forums poster lord waffle beards pubes.

Lmao

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

:toxx:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

you know in your heart he stays if he misses the playoffs, thats why he got a two year contract

i guess really it depends, if they fall into 5-8 and finish the year 8-8 history has shown he's probably back, if they like lose a win and in week 17 i think it's actually going to happen.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the 50% full stadiums all season when a team is actually not terrible is something that might actually finally force Marvin out after all these years if they don't get into the playoffs

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the whole "andy dalton is good enough" argument is predicated on having a defense that is good and at the very least not absolute dogshit which the 2018 bengals defense is. they're freaking bad.

also having aj green bail him out helps

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dalton's been fine this season. In fact it's been a pretty good year so far for him. But he's only capable of doing so much.

I thought the Bengals had a chance to be pretty good on defense, but they're clearly one of those teams that only gets worse as the year goes on.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Kawalimus is right, it's time for Marvin to bring the light of Christ back to Baltimore

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

no playoffs forged against me shall prosper

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Flacco is a no go. Lamar Jackson is my new best friend.

Get well soon Joe :cry:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
If only Austin was still DC the Bengals could give Lamar a Matt Flynn day

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Can we trade Harbaugh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

Can we trade Harbaugh

I don't think you can trade coaches anymore after the Jon Gruden trade to the Bucs. God I'd love that though, get like two first rounders for a total idiot.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals special teams have been a difference-maker when it comes to kick coverage.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think you can trade coaches anymore after the Jon Gruden trade to the Bucs. God I'd love that though, get like two first rounders for a total idiot.

Yeah I couldn't remember. Some sucker team would definitely give up something of value for him.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ravens are back and Dalton is benched

Oberst
May 24, 2010

We did it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Codey Core

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens have won the Superbowl

Lamar was ok and didn't get hurt, Cincy lost, Ravens did a bunch of dumb poo poo so Harbaugh still on the hot seat. Best possible outcome.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

One time i kept on saying cody core was good and my son and poo poo because he looked average in the pre-season and i don't know anything about football hehe. You all should hear kawalimus doing his happy bird whistles

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Well, at least the defense could tackle sometimes today

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Joe Flacco's first game he was 15/29 with 129 yards.

Jackson's first game here he's 13/19 for 150. And one INT. Pretty solid first game aside from that one real bad throw. He made more positive impact plays than negative ones.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He is going to get hit way too much and get hurt pretty fast imo and he needs to prove he can actually place a ball 20+ yards downfield after this game gets on tape or it is just going to be 9 dudes in the box every week

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yeah, i didnt watch too closely but the bengals just kind of seemed to to ignore him and let him do whatever he wanted, the de's did not try to stay disciplined while rushing to keep him between the tackles and no one ever seemed to be spying him.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oh he's absolutely going to get hurt and be garbage forever after, probably next week.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh he's absolutely going to get hurt and be garbage forever after, probably next week.

We play the Raiders next week, so he's got at least one more!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Cavauro posted:

Codey Core
bad

Oberst
May 24, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

He is going to get hit way too much and get hurt pretty fast imo and he needs to prove he can actually place a ball 20+ yards downfield after this game gets on tape or it is just going to be 9 dudes in the box every week

Sounds like the Ravens are back

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
For the record I do think he can be a good passer, he isn't Johnny Football and certainly has arm strength. A lot of his career is going to come down on if whoever is coaching him trusts him to be a mobile but real quarterback (like Vick) and not someone who you have to run a college offense for.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Best Ravens game of the year so far in terms of watchability, that was fun as hell.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
ALSO I hope Kaep's lawyers just play the tape from that game at the trial

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012