Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Casey Finnigan posted:

Who gives a poo poo. There was still a major foreign interference effort by a pro-fascist state. I voted for Bernie in the primaries too but its been nearly three years. You can stop clutching your loving pearls about Hillary now

Hillary and Hillary-lites are still not giving it up though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Condiv posted:

if i saw people being anti-state sponsored influence of elections i would care a lot more. however people are hyperfocused on russia and it smells too much like red scare 2.0 for me

.....uh, this is purposefully dense, since damaging US Geopolitical Influence was a openly stated goal by Putin for ages, and Trump directly fits the bill to do that.

Also: Red Scare 2.0? The gently caress are you smoking? We're not blacklisting people for being leftists. We're openly investigating a foreign influence over the election.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

eke out posted:

they weren't leaks they were hacked by russian military intelligence, but the line that they were "leaks" WAS actually propagated by the aforementioned russian military intelligence

you could almost forgive the more conspiratorial people here claiming there are trolls in our very midst when you see someone like this lie about it only being memes, admit he knew that line was false but falling back on "but hillary is incompetent," and then repeat the Literal Russian Propaganda that the emails were merely leaks

i didn't say it was only memes. or did you think when i said "color-me bernie memes" i was actually saying that's all they did?

also, they were leaks. i'm not sure what definition of leak you're using that discludes the release of information caused by a hack, but everyone else refers to those as leaks as well.

CommieGIR posted:

.....uh, this is purposefully dense, since damaging US Geopolitical Influence was a openly stated goal by Putin for ages, and Trump directly fits the bill to do that.

Also: Red Scare 2.0? The gently caress are you smoking? We're not blacklisting people for being leftists. We're openly investigating a foreign influence over the election.

i don't care about US geopolitical influence. it's like the bottom of the list of anything I care about.

also: i didn't say we're in red scare 2.0. try to read

Condiv fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 19, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Kerning Chameleon posted:

This would actually be a massive public good, so the sooner the Internet as we know it dies a torturous death in a fire, the better.

You say, as you post on the internet. :smug:

friendbot2000 posted:

I am so confused by this statement. The Red Scare was a completely different tone and environment and was used as a tool to silence leftists. This is an investigation into an actual hostile action towards the United States by Russia. There is no Red Scare 2.0

It's not an unfounded claim, in the sense that there's absolutely been a current of "the American left is a tool of the Russians, anybody who questions establishment Democrats must be a Russian psyop" among #Resistance, as well as the speed with which MIC Bush-era rejects cozied up with their old liberal pals to attack Russia, but it doesn't have the institutional power that McCarthy had in the '50s, arguably because leftism in America is still weaker than it was at that time.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

Even if it did make a difference she still needed Pennsylvania or Florida to win and she didn't get those so :shrug:

hacked DNC modelling data definitely affected the Florida outcome. We know because one Florida Republican campaign strategist openly told us that he was pleased as hell to get it from "Guccifer 2.0" and it gave them information they were happy to have about who might be persuadable (and neglected by the assumptions that the Dems' models were making when compared to their own)

was it dispositive? who knows

like everything else about the 2016 hacking, it will always be impossible to say whether it determined the outcome. but we know republicans thought it was very useful to them!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

DOW down 500 lol.

This loving administration has been hell on my 401k but hey I got another $30 a month in my paycheck!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah like, the fact that she campaigned a bunch in PA and still didn't win implies that her path to victory in practice was much steeper than we'd like to think in retrospect.

Thing is, I think that it's a little funny how much we talk about Russia because the American media and James Comey probably deserve the lion's share of the blame re: "what was the proximate reason Hillary lost?" and yet those are the people #Resistance go to bat for today because they are supposedly anti-Trump.

Yeah that requires looking at the causes rather than focusing narrowly on the symptoms, and the causes implicate elites from all over the spectrum and the entire corporate sector of America.

Like the ultimate cause is Bill Clinton rigging the Russian elections for an oligarch whose oligarch buddies were buddies with Clinton's corporate buddies, and those oligarchs repaid the favor by rigging the American election against Bill's wife in order to put their oligarch buddy in charge here. But talking about that requires questioning the status quo and our popular thought leaders so it is forbidden.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Condiv posted:

also, they were leaks. i'm not sure what definition of leak you're using that discludes the release of information caused by a hack, but everyone else refers to those as leaks as well.

By a man who specifically worked with a Foriegn Country to ensure the leaks were filtered to only damage the Democrats, who openly stated that his goal was to ensure Hillary didn't win, and is currently hiding in an Embassy in England.

Every single one of Wikileaks and Guccifer's leaks have been traced back to the GRU and Russia State Intelligence.

At this point you are just moving the goal posts.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does Pence swear the new Congress members in or is it a Democrat for Democrats and a Republican for republican?

Pence swears all the incoming senators individually.

InsertPotPun posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1064551387793711104

President Real Life Adult is having someone come in to lecture the reporters about being rude to him so he doesn't cry again.

Trump could be making a huge mistake here. Hamilton has already brought down 2 politicians.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

cr0y posted:

DOW down 500 lol.

This loving administration has been hell on my 401k but hey I got another $30 a month in my paycheck!

I haven't been looking at my 401k because it would raise my blood pressure. I lessened how much I commit to it because I cannot afford to gamble with my money right now...

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

You say, as you post on the internet. :smug:

The credit system is hosed up too, but if I try to opt out of that I'll get reamed hard as well. In the short term, yes, I do have to make a deal with the devil and continue to engage with a corrupt system, but our long term goal should be to tear down the system and the need for it entirely.

We don't need the Internet. We need to start finding out how to disconnect our society from it, then strangle it in a bathtub. Then stuff all the fiber optic cables in Yucca Mountain as a warning to future generations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The blue wave happened in large part because progressive Dems campaigned on issues like "fix healthcare and climate change and education and stuff" with a bit of "Trump c'mon seriously" and wisely left Russia rhetoric to "let Mueller do his job" so any of these people arguing that policy should come second to Russia investigation can fuuuccckkk ooooffff. It's not like they're mutually exclusive either, we're going to have House investigations out the wazoo paired with hopefully progressive policy bills.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

friendbot2000 posted:

I am so confused by this statement. The Red Scare was a completely different tone and environment and was used as a tool to silence leftists. This is an investigation into an actual hostile action towards the United States by Russia. There is no Red Scare 2.0

Do I need to post liberalsaccusingbernieofbeingrussian.jpg and liberalsaccusingocasiocortezofservingputin.jpg or should I just quote the people accusing other posters of being Russian plants or

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

The credit system is hosed up too, but if I try to opt out of that I'll get reamed hard as well. In the short term, yes, I do have to make a deal with the devil and continue to engage with a corrupt system, but our long term goal should be to tear down the system and the need for it entirely.

We don't need the Internet. We need to start finding out how to disconnect our society from it, then strangle it in a bathtub. Then stuff all the fiber optic cables in Yucca Mountain as a warning to future generations.

Cool, dude. Are there any people or objects that exist that you don't want to destroy?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

They'd just get their stupid over the airwaves then, don't be dense. Fox News would still be around and your racist uncle would still spew racism every Thanksgiving.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

twice burned ice posted:

Broke: Foreign election interference is something we should investigate and look to prevent

Woke: Hilary bad lul

recall: Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump a puppet of Russia, to his face, in a nationally televised debate, and it landed with all the stopping power of a wet fart. remember his response? "No puppet, you're the puppet?"

to which the good liberal had no better response than "hey look all those donations to the Clinton Foundation were -legal- ways of buying influence?"

this entire angle is a total political dead end. you know it. the people pushing it know it. the people you are trying to sell it on know it. nobody but the most brain-poisoned technocrats can find it in their hearts to be upset someone bought influence not using the proper channels.

investigate donald trump to cause pain to donald trump, because gently caress that guy. nobody, anywhere, buys for a goddamn second the people happily cashing checks from Mohammed Bin Sawing WaPo Columnists Arms Off are super concerned about foreign interference in our affairs.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

CommieGIR posted:

By a man who specifically worked with a Foriegn Country to ensure the leaks were filtered to only damage the Democrats, who openly stated that his goal was to ensure Hillary didn't win, and is currently hiding in an Embassy in England.

Every single one of Wikileaks and Guccifer's leaks have been traced back to the GRU and Russia State Intelligence.

not really. i never denied any of that stuff. i just said that the leaks weren't a deciding factor in the election.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

VitalSigns posted:

Do I need to post liberalsaccusingbernieofbeingrussian.jpg and liberalsaccusingocasiocortezofservingputin.jpg or should I just quote the people accusing other posters of being Russian plants or

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah that requires looking at the causes rather than focusing narrowly on the symptoms, and the causes implicate elites from all over the spectrum and the entire corporate sector of America.

Like the ultimate cause is Bill Clinton rigging the Russian elections for an oligarch whose oligarch buddies were buddies with Clinton's corporate buddies, and those oligarchs repaid the favor by rigging the American election against Bill's wife in order to put their oligarch buddy in charge here. But talking about that requires questioning the status quo and our popular thought leaders so it is forbidden.

I don't agree with this because it assumes the biggest factor in Trump's victory was the Russian interference, which I think is a huge reach. Arguably the biggest thing that impacted the 2016 election was the American media essentially granting Trump billions of dollars of free advertising so that his hype machine became self-sustaining.

Edit: also emailgate. gently caress emailgate lmao.

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

None of that change the fact that they were leaks and they exposed the dirty side of DNC.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

cr0y posted:

DOW down 500 lol.

I mean I'm sure it will be, but the S&P is up compared to inauguration day so unless you sunk it all into soybean futures or bitcoin or something your 401k has grown under Trump (for now)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Condiv posted:

i didn't say it was only memes. or did you think when i said "color-me bernie memes" i was actually saying that's all they did?

hmmm well you said

quote:

i really don't care about the russia stuff cause no-one has yet to make a convincing case that color-me bernie memes changed the trajectory of the election

so it's strange that you would only include the most minor element of russian interference as the only thing that matters to you?

Condiv posted:

my bad, the thing is, you said "DNC leaks" which is the exact phrase that the entire campaign to claim it was Seth Rich all along centered around. there's even a hashtag you can look at right now that is 90% seth rich content

https://twitter.com/gerfingerpoken/status/1060665781023838208

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CommieGIR posted:

They'd just get their stupid over the airwaves then, don't be dense. Fox News would still be around and your racist uncle would still spew racism every Thanksgiving.

Shoot your television. Then melt down the broadcast towers for the iron.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

fspades posted:

None of that change the fact that they were leaks and they exposed the dirty side of DNC.

And were also heavily edited to make them far more insidious than they were.

https://www.businessinsider.com/guccifer-2-0-dnc-document-russia-hillary-clinton-2017-11

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Literally a week after the election the washington post started putting independent left media like the black agenda report on the russian sponsored list

since we were just discussing Assange Bad, i find this article amusingly topical:

https://www.blackagendareport.com/us-intel-will-bring-assange-us-chains

quote:

Julian Assange, a hero in the struggle against imperial wars and the lies that states tell to justify them, is in mortal danger.

Those of us who understand how revolutionary Wikileaks and its founder Julian Assange are hope that he won’t suffer that fate, but it seems more and more likely. It’s hardly a surprise given that, in 10 years' time, Wikileaks published more classified information than all other media combined. It exposed human rights abuses, government spying, torture, and war crimes on an unprecedented scale. It put government, corporations, and even the Pentagon, the FBI, the CIA and other intel agencies on notice that they could no longer count on operating in secrecy. It created a trove of primary source material that serious journalists and researchers will mine for years to come. Its publications are accessible to readers who prefer primary sources to most mediated news.

Wikileaks so infuriates the USA’s most violent, corrupt, and criminal institutions that Hillary Clinton suggested drone bombing Julian Assange, and other US politicians called for his execution by other means. California’s 28th District Congressman Adam Schiff, who became the chair of the House Intelligence Committee when Democrats reclaimed the House, said that he would speak to Assange “when he is in US custody, not before.” Schiff is a vociferous and supremely self-righteous leader of the Democratic Party’s “Resistance,” which sullies the name of the underground movement formed in France during World War II to fight Nazi Germany’s occupying forces and the collaborationist Vichy government.

The Resistance is fascist in its own nature because it tolerates only one truth and one loyalty: Russia is the enemy, interfering in Syria, the Ukraine, and even US elections. Russia elected Trump. Russia dares to position missiles on its own borders in response to NATO’s missiles on the other side. The US must build more missiles, more drones, more nuclear weapons, and every other sort of weapon to defend the European world against Russia and its ally China. Moral and racial superiority entitles the US to occupy the world with military bases, and ring any nation that challenges its hegemony with military aircraft, battleships, assault vehicles, and military surveillance. The same moral and racial superiority entitles its spy state agencies to shut down access to information deviating from its narratives, and therefore to arrest and extradite Julian Assange.

Of course the Republican Party shares the same fascist nature but differentiates itself by insisting that although Russia is the enemy, Donald Trump did not collude with Russia to steal the 2016 presidential election. It also wants to silence the founder of Wikileaks and find a way to shut the organization down.

Are Assange and the movements to free him running out of time?

Assange has been an asylee in Ecuador’s London Embassy for more than six years—since August 2012. Ecuador and the UK, however, are no closer to an agreement that would allow him safe passage out of the embassy. In a recent video conference, #Unity4J organizer Suzie Dawson said she fears that Assange and those working to free him are running out of time:

“Right now time is not on our side. And I had someone today complaining because they want us to do a big big action day march. When you do those types of actions it takes two or three months to organize. You need to have an organizing committee, you need to wallpaper the town, you need to have one date that you do it on, you need to do a ton of advertising. You need to get all the unions and various other organizations to sign on board, and then you have this one action day.

“I honestly don’t think we have until February.”

“Well, there’s a couple of problems with that. First of all, I don’t think we have three months right now. If we schedule a February giant march in support of Julian, I honestly don’t think we have until February. I hope I’m wrong. I hope that the actions we take in the short term, in the next days and weeks, will buy us that much time for Julian, but I don’t see it.”

CIA whistleblower John Kiriakou, who spent two years in prison for exposing the agency’s official use of torture, said that if Assange walks out of the embassy without a guarantee of safe passage, he will be extradited to the US in chains:

“We all know why the British have that embassy ringed. It’s to snatch him and to turn him over to the United States. If that happens, the CIA and the FBI are both going to be on that plane and they’re both going to be at least attempting to interrogate him all the way back home.They will bring him back to the United States in chains because that’s what they do.“

“The CIA and the FBI are both going to be on that plane and they’re both going to be at least attempting to interrogate him all the way back home.”

Suzie Dawson said that the FBI and the CIA will interrogate and torture Assange to try to obtain information that would allow them to bring Wikileaks down, but that he has no doubt been preparing for this eventuality for years. She believes he will have made sure that the organization has adopted security codes and measures that he himself does not know and therefore cannot reveal—even if he’s tortured.

“They want to know about security files for example. They want to know about the inner processes and workings of Wikileaks. They want access to the knowledge that’s inside Julian’s brain. And they will torture him. And they will interrogate him in order to attempt to get that.

“They will torture him.”

“Now I trust Julian to be smart enough to have made sure that even he doesn’t possess a lot of that knowledge. In my personal opinion, Julian has spent years planning for these various eventualities, but it won’t stop them from trying.”

Dawson also said that the intelligence agencies are eager to punish him:

“At the end of the day they want to punish him for outing their corruption and their crimes. They’ve been waiting eight years to do it, and they will be rubbing their hands together with glee at the prospect of the UK detaining him and extraditing him to the USA.”

i was going to just post excerpts but honestly i enjoy the whole darn thing in light of recent discussion

i make no comment on and have no strong opinion on BAR as a whole

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 19, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

this entire angle is a total political dead end. you know it. the people pushing it know it. the people you are trying to sell it on know it. nobody but the most brain-poisoned technocrats can find it in their hearts to be upset someone bought influence not using the proper channels.

It's been my experience that the people really pushing this stuff don't know it.

If they make it all about Russia's Evil Interference they don't need to reckon with the fact that America is not some bastion of lib Democracy but has devolved into a rotten failing empire that is basically lurching along on the petrodollar.

Same way that the 2008 GOP had to make it about the evil Muslim Usurper because they couldn't process that America didn't care if somebody had a funny name or was black, they just wanted the problems fixed (which didn't happen)

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty posted:

The blue wave happened in large part because progressive Dems campaigned on issues like "fix healthcare and climate change and education and stuff" with a bit of "Trump c'mon seriously" and wisely left Russia rhetoric to "let Mueller do his job" so any of these people arguing that policy should come second to Russia investigation can fuuuccckkk ooooffff. It's not like they're mutually exclusive either, we're going to have House investigations out the wazoo paired with hopefully progressive policy bills.

I personally attribute all the gains made by democrats in suburban districts to trump blowing up the SALT deduction. HENRYs and other assorted rich people absolutely hated that and it definitely sealed the deal for the GOP in IL-14 and other wealthy areas outside major cities.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

since we were just discussing Assange Bad, i find this article amusingly topical:

https://www.blackagendareport.com/us-intel-will-bring-assange-us-chains

i was going to just post excerpts but honestly i enjoy the whole darn thing in light of recent discussion

i make no comment and have no strong opinion on BAR as a whole

I remember when D&D liberals liked Assange for collateral murder and all the wikileaks exposes of the Bush administration.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't agree with this because it assumes the biggest factor in Trump's victory was the Russian interference, which I think is a huge reach. Arguably the biggest thing that impacted the 2016 election was the American media essentially granting Trump billions of dollars of free advertising so that his hype machine became self-sustaining.

Edit: also emailgate. gently caress emailgate lmao.

i agree that the fbi signalling that they were reopening the investigation into hillary clinton like a week before the election had a lot more to do with her loss than russia

still pissed at comey about that

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

eke out posted:

hacked DNC modelling data definitely affected the Florida outcome. We know because one Florida Republican campaign strategist openly told us that he was pleased as hell to get it from "Guccifer 2.0" and it gave them information they were happy to have about who might be persuadable (and neglected by the assumptions that the Dems' models were making when compared to their own)

was it dispositive? who knows

like everything else about the 2016 hacking, it will always be impossible to say whether it determined the outcome. but we know republicans thought it was very useful to them!

It also rhetorically tied together "Democrats" and "getting hacked" at the same time that the media was incessantly prattling on about Hillary's email server and the possibility of classified information being hacked from it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Yea that's a good point.

Bill Clinton was ultimately the cause of Russia helping Trump, and the election was so close anything could have swung it including Russia, but you're right it wasn't the ultimate cause of her defeat because a whole raft of things demonstrably had a larger impact than the DNC hacking, and the hacking only worked because it was so close due to media helping Trump/Clinton's own incompetence/also her record of corruption and war crimes/crippling losses under Obama/Obama turning the DNC into a grift operation/Comey divebombing her at the last second/Obama nominating a loving Republican partisan to head the FBI in the first goddamn place/Loretta Lynch violating ethics rules and having to recuse herself from the email investigation/etc

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 19, 2018

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

cr0y posted:

DOW down 500 lol.

Someone correct me if I'm being a dumb dumb, but unless you're planning on retiring soon does it really matter how your 401k is doing in the grand scheme? Unless we're laughing at Boomers who are about to cash out and are seeing red

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

Mohammed Bin Sawing WaPo Columnists Arms Off

You are on fire this morning. :golfclap:

Condiv posted:

i agree that the fbi signalling that they were reopening the investigation into hillary clinton like a week before the election had a lot more to do with her loss than russia

still pissed at comey about that

Absolutely, the fact that anybody who supported Hillary in 2016 has even one good thing about James Comey is a travesty, he should be shamed out of public life for throwing the election to Trump lmao.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

friendbot2000 posted:

I haven't been looking at my 401k because it would raise my blood pressure. I lessened how much I commit to it because I cannot afford to gamble with my money right now...

If your retirement is decades away and your 401k is made of fairly diversified funds (as opposed to, say, company stock) that's pretty much the opposite of what you should be doing.

Blitz7x posted:

Someone correct me if I'm being a dumb dumb, but unless you're planning on retiring soon does it really matter how your 401k is doing in the grand scheme? Unless we're laughing at Boomers who are about to cash out and are seeing red

If you're under 50 you should be happy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

I remember when D&D liberals liked Assange for collateral murder and all the wikileaks exposes of the Bush administration.

i, for one, can credibly claim to have started getting seriously worried about Assange ruining Wikileaks during the Manning reveals

it is possible - laudable, in fact - to think that Wikileaks was good and is now questionable at best, and to blame Julian Assange for destroying a good thing

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

eke out posted:

hmmm well you said

so it's strange that you would only include the most minor element of russian interference as the only thing that matters to you?

no, not really. i'm dismissive of the russia stuff, so i use the silliest example of the russia stuff to signal that dismissiveness. that doesn't mean I think that russia only posted bernie memes, or only memes, or only posted on facebook, or whatever. that's a claim you constructed out of whole cloth so that you could call me a liar.

quote:

my bad, the thing is, you said "DNC leaks" which is the exact phrase that the entire campaign to claim it was Seth Rich all along centered around. there's even a hashtag you can look at right now that is 90% seth rich content

https://twitter.com/gerfingerpoken/status/1060665781023838208

yeah, no way i could say "DNC leaks" without believing that seth rich was murdered by DWS or something. it's not as if putting "DNC" and "leaks" together to refer to the leak of emails from the DNC could ever occur to someone outside of that specific conspiracy theory bubble :rolleye:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

TheScott2K posted:

If your retirement is decades away and your 401k is made of fairly diversified funds (as opposed to, say, company stock) that's pretty much the opposite of what you should be doing.

On the other hand if the fundamental problems of this country were fixed the stock market will never be this high again, so...(it's high because it's a vehicle for the wealthy, who have used their hoarded wealth to massively inflate it)

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

"Save us big strong prosecutor daddy!" is a real bad look.

The justice system in America is a joke and anyone who thinks it will improve anything is a dope.

Trump should be opposed because he is awful, not because he took money from the wrong oligarchs.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

On the other hand if the fundamental problems of this country were fixed the stock market will never be this high again, so...(it's high because it's a vehicle for the wealthy, who have used their hoarded wealth to massively inflate it)

I believe America is quite capable of hoarding wealth at the top while also providing a dignified life for all. There's just that much money.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i, for one, can credibly claim to have started getting seriously worried about Assange ruining Wikileaks during the Manning reveals

it is possible - laudable, in fact - to think that Wikileaks was good and is now questionable at best, and to blame Julian Assange for destroying a good thing

wikileaks went down before Assange though, when one of the members got bought out by BoA and deleted everything they had, if I'm remembering that correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TheScott2K posted:

I believe America is quite capable of hoarding wealth at the top while also providing a dignified life for all.

I'm not sure how to parse this statement, but even if I accepted it at face value, it's not just Americans who deserve a dignified life, and providing a dignified life to everyone on Earth probably means we can't have rich people.