Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I bought a 960 3 years ago because I was a student at the time and the extra $100 wasn't worth it to me at the time. My desktop is 9 years old now so I'm not upgrading a graphics card in something that will be replaced in a year or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

maffew buildings posted:

You already know the answer to this

They've painted a thousand mile long Florescent yellow line haven't they. I shouldn't joke about that, we'll find out in a week they actually have.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I bought a 970 three years ago, and it served me well. This week I bought myself a 1070 ti, a 9600K and a new motherboard and ram to go with it for under 950.

Took the plunge since my 2500K has finally started to show it's age and I'd really like to fully utilize my ultrawide monitor. Prices have come down a lot but I reckon you'll see them drop even further in the months to come. As someone said, Nvidia is in a bit of a bind right now. Doesn't help that the 20XX series is having some serious teething issues.

On that note, anyone want to buy a 970?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Blind Rasputin posted:

Are the troops stationed at the border even affecting any change of anything? Has it, reduced illegal crossings, or caused the fence to be erected more quickly? If they truly are stationed there and absolutely nothing is coming of it, that’s sad as hell.

Having soldiers deployed in lovely places for years with no change in outcome is unprecedented

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I was just asking because I thought I’d read an article about them moving the US Seventh Fleet carrier strike group into the gulf of California to crackdown on the caravans.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i have a titan xp because it was cheaper than getting a 1080ti at the time

titan xp was 1200

1080ti was 1350

thanks bitcoin

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Blind Rasputin posted:

I was just asking because I thought I’d read an article about them moving the US Seventh Fleet carrier strike group into the gulf of California to crackdown on the caravans.

What the gently caress.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lmao what_the_fuck.gif

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the rest of the world is unironically safer with us deploying everyone at home

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
listen, we need fast movers to drop cluster munitions on these uh poor downtrodden people asap

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Link?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I would need to read that article because those words make no loving sense at all

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Reminder that most illegal immigrants don’t cross illegally, or even by land. They just overstay visas.

As to whether drugs cross the land border between legal crossings... c’mon, you really think they do that kind of volume outside of an infrastructure?

These guys are sitting across from a Whataburger looking at empty desert that was empty before and will be empty after.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

My 970 is really showing its age with BFV, but that's only partly the card. It's proc-intensive too and I have something like an i5-6700 or whatever, it wasn't top shelf in early 2016 when I bought it.

I'm looking at a cool $800 to upgrade either the cpu/motherboard or the 3D card, and I am fairly sure I'd get more out of the CPU upgrade.

I drunk purchased a 980 TI in early 2016 when they went on sale and it's still purring along great in every game in 2k 21:9 (except PUBG) almost 3 years later.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

I drunk purchased a 980 TI in early 2016 when they went on sale and it's still purring along great in every game in 2k 21:9 (except PUBG) almost 3 years later.

Yeah, my 970 was perfectly fine in BF1, and is still great with all the other games I play, it's just BFV being a lot heavier on everything, and I'd guess I'd chug along smoothly at 60+ fps with a mix of high/ultra if it weren't for the CPU bottleneck. Its brutal on 4-core procs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I have a laptop and would like a new video card but alas

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I have a laptop and would like a new video card but alas

I have good news for you (assuming your laptop has a thunderbolt 3 port):

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/best-egpus

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

maffew buildings posted:

You already know the answer to this

Send in the SeaBees to show them how useless work is really done.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

skrr skrr

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
AOC continues to be amazing. It's extremely sad and depressing how much poo poo theyre going to have to take for years

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1064598295186743302?s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Be a better place if all men were put in chains but as a man I’m against this for shellfish reasons.

( can’t crack crab in cuffs)
:dadjoke:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
actually i think Facebook is operating exactly as intended

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is it OK if I unironically agree with the fake quote?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Fister Roboto posted:

no

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Have you met your average white guy???!?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

AOC continues to be amazing. It's extremely sad and depressing how much poo poo theyre going to have to take for years

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1064598295186743302?s=19

my congresswoman!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Wrong!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

psydude posted:

I have good news for you (assuming your laptop has a thunderbolt 3 port):

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/best-egpus

It would appear I should be buying a new laptop instead of a new video card

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't really want to submit to Islam though :smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

A current event: German DoD has officially pushed for the use of the word "Veteran" for former service members.

Say hello to ten million Kraut veterans, world. :)

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/bundeswehr-zehn-millionen-deutsche-sind-nun-veteranen-15896970.html

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

A current event: German DoD has officially pushed for the use of the word "Veteran" for former service members.

Say hello to ten million Kraut veterans, world. :)

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/bundeswehr-zehn-millionen-deutsche-sind-nun-veteranen-15896970.html

Was veteran every used before to describe service members or how'd that work?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The article makes it sound like the term was previously reserved for either troops with deployment pay on their record or troops with whatever the german equivalent of a CIB

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Nick Soapdish posted:

Citizen?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

Nope. The word died after WW2, because the original use for it was someone that had gained considerable experience in combat. America using 'veteran' for literally every person ever in the military has always been weird to us. We didn't even use it for folks that saw actual combat.

This move is pretty much marketing I assume.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

Have you met your average white guy???!?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Didn’t Germany have conscription recently?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Didn’t Germany have conscription recently?

Until like 2010/2011 or so, then we poo poo canned it in lieu of a ~professional armed forces~ which we now definitely have.

Mission erfüllt! 👍

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Until like 2010/2011 or so, then we poo poo canned it in lieu of a ~professional armed forces~ which we now definitely have.

Mission erfüllt! 👍

How's those professional armed forces going? Last I heard (a few years ago admittedly) the bundeswehr was terrible.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Like I get the purpose of a conscript military, but at the same time I can't imagine how much of a pain in the rear end it would be to deal with half a company of E3s who REALLY don't want to be there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol bitcoin below $4900 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

I was picturing more of a spacedocking.