Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

The crawler will stop if you're far enough away from it but that means you have to be in the darkness (unless I guess you have light radius way way way overbuffed for the depth you're at). But if you go diving down a branch mine during the initial crawl, the crawler will stop just outside the branch basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Re: Input drops

I do suppose most of the drops happen when I am in frantic mode and/or am in the middle of a large pack (or being pelted with a bunch of projectiles.) At least as far as the curse is concerned. Leap issues seem similar, since when things are mostly empty, I tend to leap more reliably. The mana cost is probably also an issue for the curse, since I am like always at 25% due to the reserves on my two aura things.

Thanks.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
The way I dealt with nasties in the mine: run away. The tougher ones aren't really worth fighting and take much longer than anything else to kill. They all have pretty long attack animations, and they go inactive if you get far enough away. Bait them into attacking or drop a totem if you have one handy (if you're not using Ancestral Warchief to boost your single target damage, you should be), pop your quicksilver flask, and get away.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Looking to grab an invite to the Guild, I've played a decent amount for the past few leagues but never actually joined.

Do you just need the character name for that? I'm playing as ThreateningAura currently

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4NnxFqPNso

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

that's 3 announcements for the price of one: map, hideout, and portal (?)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh my god yes finally

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jinnigan posted:

that's 3 announcements for the price of one: map, hideout, and portal (?)

Huh, didn't even notice that, was just looking at the map device.

Vasudus posted:

oh my god yes finally

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Very cool that its not even locked behind an mtx.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
The portal isn’t new but it owns regardless.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vasudus posted:

oh my god yes finally

also,

ToastyPotato posted:

Re: Input drops
make sure you toggle the force attack option on your movement skill.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Vasudus posted:

oh my god yes finally

Hard to believe this game just keeps getting better and better.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Captainicus posted:

I was playing SSF and got two reliquary keys. I sold both the items I received for alchemy orbs. I'm a neanderthal rubbing sticks together while sitting on a pile of lighters and wishing there was an easier way.

I don't get the appeal of SSF. Doesn't it basically just boil down to having to grind a whole bunch more to gear up and progress further?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
My guess is that it is about removing the everything from the leaderboards that isn't explicitly pure gameplay. No economics meta, no communication requirements. Just raw hours put in and playing efficiently. I can see the appeal, personally, as a D3 player where you kinda had to rely on yourself to get geared since there is no economy. But this game doesn't really seemed super balanced for that, in that it seems like it would take fooorrrevvver to reach true build completion without incredible luck. I might be wrong though.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It forces creativity and removes the pressure of keeping up with the market etc. It's really chill. Also, you can target farm most stuff, it'll just take longer. But that's okay if you're not playing it to race.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The other thing about SSF is that it makes it actually possible to find gear better than those boots you bought for 2c back when you started maps, and makes crafting worthwhile.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Did anyone in HC SSF kill Aul? I'm not even seeing any HC SSF uber elder kills this league

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009
I personally play SSF because I loving hate/fear trading so much but if I'm not in SSF I still feel bad using up currency items (I have bad enough social anxiety/phobia that most of the time even just using the copy paste off poe.trade was enough to trigger it)

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Qwertycoatl posted:

The other thing about SSF is that it makes it actually possible to find gear better than those boots you bought for 2c back when you started maps, and makes crafting worthwhile.

Crafting is generally way more worthwhile than most people realize, especially in a more shallow economy like HC Delve. Hell if you watch Mathil's streams he'll generally craft a good portion of his gear on characters that stomp all over the end game.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Karneios posted:

I personally play SSF because I loving hate/fear trading so much but if I'm not in SSF I still feel bad using up currency items (I have bad enough social anxiety/phobia that most of the time even just using the copy paste off poe.trade was enough to trigger it)

They're just bots that put stuff in the trade window when you do and give you a pre-programmed "t4t" when you're done.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Can I get a pre-league reset invite to guild?

Char name is Pariya

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Karneios posted:

I hate trading as well but the utter minumum of interaction you can get away with works for me. It's works when you realize that both sides treat the other person as an NPC / robot / vending machine.

Then again I also don't ever sell stuff. Way too much effort (and I never bought any premium tabs).

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really should trade in rares, at least at the start of the league, but I rarely ever do. Probably because I very quickly stop identifying rares unless they're a good ilevel/base, and make the bulk of my fortunes selling uniques, prophecies, and so on. Once I bust into T16s my filter gets upgraded to straight up ignore any rare that isn't the best base + ilevel 84+ and I keep it there for the rest of the league.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
I have a single tab that I use for selling stuff. I tend to toss in random "junk" for 1c now and then. Mostly because I want to offer cheap upgrades for people who suck as much as I do at gearing. I don't remember exactly what the stats were on the belt I had in there (I think it might have been triple resists and ~55 life) but it took a bit before someone bought it. The person who bought it messaged me right after the trade was complete and linked his old belt.

This is by far my favorite trading interaction since I started playing.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
I've been on maps for a while and am trying to save up for a Mind of the Council. Am I just waiting for a lucky drop in a map or is there anything I should be doing to get to it faster? Also tried Eternal Lab a couple times now and am having a very easy time until the final Izaro fight where I've been getting messed up by traps + his moveset. Any advice or things I might be overlooking?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Mind of the Council doesn't drop from any old mob, you should look into how to find it or just buy it from someone

As for Izaro, are you dealing with the enhancers in the prior fights? Also yeah the more you learn his moves the easier.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Mind of the Council doesn't drop from any old mob, you should look into how to find it or just buy it from someone

As for Izaro, are you dealing with the enhancers in the prior fights? Also yeah the more you learn his moves the easier.

I'm planning on buying it but the grind to an Exalt seems tedious.

Are the enhancers the squatting golden angel things?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You can have my mind of the council, let me know your character name

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah, among a bunch of random day-to-day things.

https://www.poelab.com/izaro-phases/

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Mind of the Council is 70c, the Relic version is 1ex. There's no reason to get the Relic version of that, they're identical in stats.

Which also really surprises me because before I quit the league they were going for practically nothing.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Yeah, among a bunch of random day-to-day things.

https://www.poelab.com/izaro-phases/

Oh dope, I definitely didn't know how this worked. The trap on phase 3 change daily, right? So if I'm struggling with today's I could try tomorrow and potentially get a different set up?

BobbyK posted:

You can have my mind of the council, let me know your character name

Thanks! I'll PM you.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Oh dope, I definitely didn't know how this worked. The trap on phase 3 change daily, right? So if I'm struggling with today's I could try tomorrow and potentially get a different set up?

Yes, lab layout/Izaro phases/final fight traps reset daily. Site has a countdown timer even.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Get the darkshrines if you are struggling. Some of the buffs are useless, but if you are struggling some of them are really helpful. You can get:

-disabled traps during Izaro fight
-50% less initial damage from traps
-50% less damage over time from traps
-a permanent regular shrine, which can go from entirely useless to the most broken poo poo in the game depending on your build

You can also get other stuff like two enchants, an extra key, or a unique drop from izaro.

Also if you are just after the ascendancy points, then don't just facetank him in the first two phases, but deal with the mechanics, like killing the portals or liutenants. If you don't, they will hurt you during the final phase and they can give Izaro some nasty buffs.

e. sorry, darkshrines are hidden in "secret" rooms. If you see a small enclosure with no way in, find a switch near the area and you will get into the area where the shrine is.

https://www.poelab.com/hidden-darkshrines/

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 20, 2018

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Disabling izaro's traps is worth looking for darkshrines if youre like me and are prone to panicking during the final fight

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I dunno why but when I buy a really nice white base off someone for pennies then turn it into a valuable item I always feel compelled to link them what their item became. Especially if it takes one essence/alch or something.

Delve had a lot of white 6L base drops compared to before, and I managed to buy a couple and easily craft them into something worth 4-5x as much as I spent. Maybe it's just being pleasantly surprised and wanting to share it with someone, but I'm sure on the other end it comes off as rubbing it in, I should probably stop doing it.

I definitely have sold people uncorrupted Drillnecks and had them link me back that they vaal'ed +1 arrow or something, I guess that's about the same: "Look I got lucky and made profit off of your item!" though in my case I'm generally getting the item to use, not to flip. So I'm at least hyped for my own character's upgrade!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

BobbyK posted:

Disabling izaro's traps is worth looking for darkshrines if youre like me and are prone to panicking during the final fight

I have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory too many times to not disable traps

Tenkaris posted:

I dunno why but when I buy a really nice white base off someone for pennies then turn it into a valuable item I always feel compelled to link them what their item became. Especially if it takes one essence/alch or something.

this is called "being a jackass" and I guarantee you they do not care lol

imagine if you sold the winning lotto ticket but didnt get any reward just a "hey thanks for making me rich"

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
What are you talking about? It's nothing like a lottery ticket.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2250641

quote:

Can we move the waypoint?
Yes. The waypoint is now a special Hideout object that can be moved but not reclaimed or deleted.

:eyepop:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My favorite bit about that is that standard crafters are going to have to engage with the new master system to re-unlock all their mastercrafts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007