Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Weird to have both Guardians movies in the same year. I would've pushed it down a year or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

SonicRulez posted:

Weird to have both Guardians movies in the same year. I would've pushed it down a year or two.

I think they said that Guardians 2 was supposed to take place only a few months after the first one way back when it came out so that actually fits.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I remember something like a few weeks. It's why Goot is still a baby in that and a teen in Infinity War.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I remember that the entire first Phase took place during a month or so, that pretty much debunks that too then?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jamesman posted:

New trailer for Aquaman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-6CSVkAQZw

This looks so bad, but on such a grand scale. Do you remember that Twitch streamer who lit a match, burned himself, put the match in a trash bag, the trash bag caught on fire so he put it in a cardboard box, and things just kept escalating and the more he tried to fix it, the worse the fire got until he burned his house down? That's what I think of when I see this trailer.

Then you are a fool

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Still really think they should've had Strange training for years, not weeks.

I guess it also rules out the "experimental emo-suit" from being that one that Hammer worked on. If that was a reference to Civil War, then it's weird that they referred to War Machine armor like that.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Seems weird for Black Panther to take place two years after Civil War since it opens with T'challa returning to Wakanda after the events of CW. What was he doing for those two years?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, that means they had no king for 2 years then?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Veotax posted:

Seems weird for Black Panther to take place two years after Civil War since it opens with T'challa returning to Wakanda after the events of CW. What was he doing for those two years?

Civil War is dated as 2016. Black Panther is dated as 2017. Where is the 2 years?

X-O posted:

2016: Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming
2016 through to 2017: Doctor Strange
2017: Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War

If Civil War takes place around the end of 2016 and Black Panther around the beginning of 2017, that shortens the time he was away a lot.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

My bad, I read this thing a few hours back on my phone at work. Must have misread it and didn't really look at it when it was posted here.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That's still weird because when Black Panther starts they say it's only been a week since Civil War which definitely didn't take place in December.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
You cannot tell me that Civil War isn't a Christmas movie.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm looking more forward to Aquaman than I am to anything else this year.

Yes I know there's only a month left of the year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You cannot tell me that Civil War isn't a Christmas movie.

Iron Man 3 is though.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Then you are a fool

Nah that does look poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Even the new Transformers movie looks better than Aquaman. That’s a sad thing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Well yeah it has John Cena in it. Supposedly. I can't see him.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jamesman posted:

Do you remember that Twitch streamer who lit a match, burned himself, put the match in a trash bag, the trash bag caught on fire so he put it in a cardboard box, and things just kept escalating and the more he tried to fix it, the worse the fire got until he burned his house down? That's what I think of when I see this trailer.

Please tell me there's video of this somewhere.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7MytpvFhpg

This guy's lucky he isn't dead.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 19, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

New trailer for Aquaman.

This looks so bad, but on such a grand scale. Do you remember that Twitch streamer who lit a match, burned himself, put the match in a trash bag, the trash bag caught on fire so he put it in a cardboard box, and things just kept escalating and the more he tried to fix it, the worse the fire got until he burned his house down? That's what I think of when I see this trailer.

You can't set fires underwater dumbass, this doesn't even work.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Into the Spider-Verse is the next big thing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I was more into Spider-Verse when it seemed like its own Miles Morales kind of thing. The new reveals just make it feel kinda lame and lolrandom to me.

Like, has any of the recent promos really captured the awesome visual, aural, and kinetic aesthetics of the first trailer?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've seen the first third of it and it's awesome.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

You can't set fires underwater dumbass, this doesn't even work.

Wrong again, idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouMV8EhR3Jw

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Beachcomber posted:

Please tell me there's video of this somewhere.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7MytpvFhpg

This guy's lucky he isn't dead.

How is it possible for people to be this stupid and incompetent lol

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

If you think THAT'S bad, wait til you watch that Aquaman trailer.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

X-O posted:

John Cena superior to Roman Reigns. Checks out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MCU has a sliding time scale, there you go

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Zzulu posted:

The things he does in response are like... have you never seen a fire before? Do you have no idea what they do? He puts it in a garbage bag full of paper and then turns away and ignores it, and then when he notices it again he drops the trash into a cardboard box, and then when the fire gets larger because of this, he piles more boxes on top to... hide it?

THIS IS A DESCRIPTION OF HOW TO BUILD A FIRE

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

SlimGoodbody posted:

The things he does in response are like... have you never seen a fire before? Do you have no idea what they do? He puts it in a garbage bag full of paper and then turns away and ignores it, and then when he notices it again he drops the trash into a cardboard box, and then when the fire gets larger because of this, he piles more boxes on top to... hide it?

THIS IS A DESCRIPTION OF HOW TO BUILD A FIRE

Oh, this is me laughing at people's misfortune but I loved it hen he ran to get a small bowl of water to thrown on his brand new bonfire.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Man, I would like to point and laugh, but I'll never forget the time I accidentally let an oven mitt on the counter brush up against a burner. When it caught fire, I grabbed it and tossed it into the nearest non-flammable container: a pan of hot grease.

Fortunately I had the presence of mind to carry the burning pan outside and set it on the concrete driveway while I ran inside and grabbed a pan lid to smother it with, but if I'd been on the second floor, I'd have been in trouble.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 21, 2018

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Jamesman posted:

New trailer for Aquaman.

Smart move, changing the very opening from the original trailer. No longer does it appear that someone held the WB logo underwater until the bubbles stopped. Good to get rid of that subtle imagery.

Is it just me or does it seem like they made a huge over correction in the color department?

MOS, BvS, JL - all had very valid claims that all the color was sucked out of those movies leaving them drab and washed out. Now we know what they did with all the colors. Here's where the villain hid them. It's like the plot to an old bad cartoon.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

Still really think they should've had Strange training for years, not weeks.

I think weeks lines up with the comics. I may have misinterpreted it but during the first (I assume not only) time Strange goes up against Shuma-Gorath the Ancient One more or less says that he hadn't met Strange that long ago, like it had been a few months.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
On the Infinity War film commentary the screenwriters address the in universe reason why Thanos has waited all this time to start collecting the Infinity Stones. They say that Gamora and Nebula discovering the location of the Soul Stone is what sets Thanos' plan into motion. Since there is only one thing in the galaxy that Thanos wants to do, and since he needs all six to do it, he was holding off on collecting them until they were all in play. I think he definitely kept tabs on all the other stones, but until The Soul Stone surfaced on Virmir, his quest was completely impossible. So in the meantime he was biding his time lying low and preparing to strike as soon as events lined up in his favor.

Reset Smith fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 20, 2018

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like to imagine Willem Dafoe is still playing Klaus from the Life Aquatic.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
At least that's what he told himself while he lost two Infinity Stones to underlings predictably betraying or failing him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Reset Smith posted:

On the Infinity War film commentary the screenwriters address the in universe reason why Thanos has waited all this time to start collecting the Infinity Stones. They say that Gamora and Nebula discovering the location of the Soul Stone is what sets Thanos' plan into motion. Since there is only one thing in the galaxy that Thanos wants to do, and since he needs all six to do it, he was holding off on collecting them until they were all in play. I think he definitely kept tabs on all the other stones, but until The Soul Stone surfaced on Virmir, his quest was completely impossible. So in the meantime he was biding his time lying low and preparing to strike as soon as events lined up in his favor.

Remember when he lay low by trying to invade earth.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Listen, Kevin Feige has this story arc all planned out and it's not SUPPOSED to make sense. :qq:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
That Aquaman trailer has some underwater Jupiter Ascending vibes to it.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Lurdiak posted:

Remember when he lay low by trying to invade earth.

Pssh, like Earth mattered to the universe up until then. That was a side hustle at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thanos was supposedly still doing his manual population control until he got the Gauntlet. So I don't think he was ever laying low.

• Locked thread