Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tahirovic posted:

What is up with the doubling damage of most set bonuses?

big numbers = fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at Necromancers getting nothing.

This is really gonna switch up the leaderboards at least.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I'm moderately surprised they're inflating the damage numbers that hard but not adding T14+

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Game's been out forever. gently caress it, right?

Hope they just keep rolling out weirder and weirder number tweaks since I'm sure content is done.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Wow, changes are coming. That's cool and surprising.

LoN being potentially viable should make for fun builds and less worthless legendaries. Maybe. Otherwise the rest are just "ok you can do a few GRs higher than you could before."

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It'll make it easier for scrublords like me to farm T13

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think the overall idea is to make the weaker sets do similar damage to the top tier sets. So that's probably why Necro didn't get any buffs. Except every time they do this there's a new top tier set and then they buff everything else the next go around.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
The passive RoRG is a nice idea for a season, and I think it will make people use an additional beneficial armor ability. The set number buffs seem pretty wild - not sure why they bothered with such a gigantic across the board buff. Are higher GRs and more fun or interesting? You get more legendary items, but the chance of each one being a primal is the same. Since primals are so rare (for me anyway, lol) it doesn't seem like it will end in a huge primal increase (besides the 1 guaranteed primal).

I don't know. I've played every character in a season now and collected all the sets. I think I might be out.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dr Strangepants posted:

I don't know. I've played every character in a season now and collected all the sets. I think I might be out.
come play hardcore. It's a whole other world. :devil:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I love big numbers so I am 1000000% on board with these changes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They took all the OP set bonuses... and doubled it!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
When did they change the Light set to give a fix % damage reduction for every use of Falling Sword, away from the x% per mob you hit?
That might actually make hammers a fun spec to play.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

U-DO Burger posted:

I love big numbers so I am 1000000% on board with these changes

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tahirovic posted:

When did they change the Light set to give a fix % damage reduction for every use of Falling Sword, away from the x% per mob you hit?
That might actually make hammers a fun spec to play.

More than a year ago.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hammerdin is prolly my favorite Crusader spec, might give that another shot next season since I already played an Arachyr WD in S15 and I'm not a huge fan of the others (Blizzard still hasn't paid my royalties for inventing the Uliana set before it even existed).

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
LoN buff makes me happy.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
All those set buffs sound awesome, but it sure would be nice to be able to use them in some stronger regular rifts. As long as they're just throwing caution to the wind and cranking everything way past 11, they might as well give us, say Torment XIV to XX. I want to see TXX Vaults and goblin packs.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I really wish they'd buff shenlong. Punching demons to death was way fun.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yeah something above T13 would be nice at this point. I honestly kill stuff too fast and I spend more time just collecting mats than anything else.

mewse
May 2, 2006

If they had these patch notes ready for blizzcon it would've taken some of the sting out of the mobile announcement. The season boon is much more interesting than the previous 2.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

stuxracer posted:

Yeah something above T13 would be nice at this point. I honestly kill stuff too fast and I spend more time just collecting mats than anything else.

Yeah, definitely this. As much as many things in this game are now fun and fine-tuned, that part of the season where crafting comes crashing to a halt because you ran out of yellow mats, and now you have to farm white mats on the battlefield map -- that part is not fun. Upping the yellow mat drops, and giving higher Torments so non-grift play can stay challenging, would be a welcome additional change.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

stuxracer posted:

tbh I kind of like having T13 cap out instead of being the infinite-difficulty GRift stuff because there's a cap of "the amount of damage worth doing" where you start having more in-the-moment build flexibility to mix more movement speed etc. into your build, instead of having a strictly-defined The Best Build.

If the numbers stick through the PTR then they def. need to increase that cap though

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
There’s not much you can do with the torment scaling because as long as boon of the hoarder and goldwrap are in the game you’re effectively invincible and don’t need defensive stats.

I’m curious if they’ll buff any defensive items. Right now everything is to damage but most GR pushes now are fishing for rifts with the right mob types that don’t one shot you from a distance as is

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
People in here might be interested in these. DiabLoLs 0 and DiabLoLs 1.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ryuujin posted:

Those sound effects and music are painfully nostalgic.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Well, uh, I guess we can remove "complaining about RoRG" from the bingo board for next season.

Also big ol' set bonus buffs across the board, grift keystones are now a material, and primals show up with a red beam in the world/a red pentagram on the minimap (and you're guaranteed one from your first solo GR70 of the season).

lol the forums replies are salty af the diablo fanbase is broken

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
All that and they still can't allow non-gem crafting materials to get vacuumed up like gold.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

quote:

You're buffing the crap out of set items, which nobody demanded (except for botters), but there is no change to the max. torment lvl, which is what players actually asked for?

Man increasing the power of the sets is something that seems interesting to me, while increasing max torment level seems worthless to me. But then again I am not a botter so I don't get to those insane torment levels that a botter might get to. Oh wait they think a botter would want more power in sets and not higher torment levels? Weird.

Now I would like some new sets, ways to make new builds viable. But these changes don't seem bad to me.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ryuujin posted:

Man increasing the power of the sets is something that seems interesting to me, while increasing max torment level seems worthless to me. But then again I am not a botter so I don't get to those insane torment levels that a botter might get to. Oh wait they think a botter would want more power in sets and not higher torment levels? Weird.

Now I would like some new sets, ways to make new builds viable. But these changes don't seem bad to me.

I like the idea of higher torments because it’s more DBs, more GRiftstones, and more gold, which means more time doing high GRs and less time farming for the above to do high GRs.

But I’m not complaining, either, it’d just be nice to have eventually and “blowing things up harder” means “more gear dedicated to movement over damage in T13” so it works either way.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

U-DO Burger posted:

lol the forums replies are salty af the diablo fanbase is broken

Eh, I don’t think anyone has ever posted positive comments in the history is Blizzard news posts. I remember as far back as Burning Crusade’s announcements all the comments being poo poo like “expansion should be free” and “make graphics more realistic like Oblivion”. I’m hard pressed to think of a worse group of gamers than Blizzard “fans”.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ryuujin posted:

Having the dude in the background duping makes it so perfect

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I like the idea of higher torments because it’s more DBs, more GRiftstones, and more gold, which means more time doing high GRs and less time farming for the above to do high GRs.

Yeah, all those things, plus the fun of the periodic goblin pack at super high torments. Plus the builds that are fun to play but that are worthless in grifts because they use Goldwrap. I don't see any downside to more Torment levels -- adding another 7 would be just as good as when the added the last 7 above T6.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

"We doubled it."
-Jay Wilson

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Wow those ptr notes are pathetic

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Vomik posted:

There’s not much you can do with the torment scaling because as long as boon of the hoarder and goldwrap are in the game you’re effectively invincible and don’t need defensive stats.

I’m curious if they’ll buff any defensive items. Right now everything is to damage but most GR pushes now are fishing for rifts with the right mob types that don’t one shot you from a distance as is

I think most builds will use that free slot from perma RoRG for a defensive item like Aquilas. Not sure what I'd do with my current TR Meteor build tough.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tahirovic posted:

I think most builds will use that free slot from perma RoRG for a defensive item like Aquilas. Not sure what I'd do with my current TR Meteor build tough.

I was thinking basically every build now gets the double unity defensive buff.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

quote:

Raiment of the Jade Harvester
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 560 seconds to 3500 seconds
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1650 seconds to 10000 seconds

:eyepop:

:wtc:

Just to clarify, now a single cast of haunt now does significantly more than the previous six set bonus, one of the highest single damaging skills in the game.

And the six set bonus is more than six times as stronk

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wait so are there any examples where you can now wear a 6 piece set and a 4 piece set bonus at the same time? If sets take up different slots?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wait so are there any examples where you can now wear a 6 piece set and a 4 piece set bonus at the same time? If sets take up different slots?

It's doable with sets that have pieces that take up a belt, jewelry, or weapon slot.

Marauder/Natalya and Tal Rasha/Vyr are a couple examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Star Man posted:

It's doable with sets that have pieces that take up a belt, jewelry, or weapon slot.

Marauder/Natalya and Tal Rasha/Vyr are a couple examples.

Ahh thought there must be an example. Is that suddenly gonna make those combos much stronger than otherwise or is it something they would have just been doing with the ring anyway