Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tei posted:

I am turbo-confused.

I normally buy all BF games, but I was skeptical with this one. This confusing is released/is not relased is stealing the thunder from the release date.

Here it shows that can be pre-ordered.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA08724_00-BATTLEFIELDV0000

So, is not released yet?

It's the 15th (?) For the special edition, 20th for the standard edition, a week ago for PC origin access unlimited or 10hrs trial for xbox. It's :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

FastestGunAlive posted:

I went with the upgraded turrets on the ju88 and it shreds fighters. I’ve been seat swapping and have been able to survive fighters and shoot them down on occasion.

Just wait until people realise how fast a mosquito with the 20mm upgrade shreds bombers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Beastie posted:

Graphics got better once I turned off all the post processing, but the snow is still blindingly bright.

I havent had a problem with the snow maps so much as the bright desert ones, particularly Hamada during the first part of Grand Operations. Dont know if its something in the settings, but that part just feels like glare about half the match, unless youre down in the artillery positions.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

lambskin posted:

Just wait until people realise how fast a mosquito with the 20mm upgrade shreds bombers.

I just cant figure out the fighters but holy hell does the mosquito murder me every time. The 109 pairing guarding a Ju-88 is also hell to go up against if you dont have a good team all focusing on it. Even then its difficult.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

El Jebus posted:

I just can’t figure out the fighters but holy hell does the mosquito murder me every time. The 109 pairing guarding a Ju-88 is also hell to go up against if you don’t have a good team all focusing on it. Even then it’s difficult.

Yeah I still haven't got the hang of dogfighting in this game. Once someone is on your tail it seems like you can't shake them.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Speed is the name of the game for dog fights.

You'll never shake a decent pilot with full speed turns. High speed means you're covering more ground, lower speed means you cover less ground, allowing for tighter turning.

I like to slow down and initiate a tight turn, especially if they are right on my rear end. I usually have luck shaking tails by peeling out of the turn, and losing them over some mountains and ridges.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I was chasing a bomber last night and he just kept doing turns near the resupply point so he could keep getting his instant repair back. Gave it a shot in fighter v fighter and works well. Still have to basically out turn or somehow lose the tail but does give you more survivability

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

You'll never shake a decent pilot with full speed turns. High speed means you're covering more ground, lower speed means you cover less ground, allowing for tighter turning.

I like to slow down and initiate a tight turn, especially if they are right on my rear end. I usually have luck shaking tails by peeling out of the turn, and losing them over some mountains and ridges.

I wouldnt recommend slowing down before the turn. If it works for you, great. But the turn is going to bleed pretty much all of your airspeed off so you want to enter the turn as fast as possible and try and maintain as much of that energy through the turn as you can.

Also learn how to do a simple flat scissors maneuver. Most guys, even really good BF pilots that will take you into the vertical, arent at all prepared for someone starting a hard scissors with them and after about two or three turns, hell probably overshoot.

The main thing with flying in Battlefield, as in all things in this game (and irl) is to work in a team. Im great pilot, but if someone has the drop on you in a BF game and theyre even somewhat competent there isnt much you can do about unless you have a wingman. Ive seen more fighter pairs in BFV working together than in probably any other BF game.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Yeah I suppose I'm just used to being able to turn much sharper without losing as much speed in bf1. It also kinda sucks how fragile the smaller planes are. Sometimes I'll get hit for around 4 damage and it will knock out a wing, which is a death sentence.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Alright friends, I bought this game anyway even though I swore I'd wait. Was there ever a doubt? red19fire on PS4, it's downloading now.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

What's the best configuration for the vb spitfire and g6 109 for dogfighting?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

The Bananana posted:

What's the best configuration for the vb spitfire and g6 109 for dogfighting?

I havent had a chance to play enough to get them unlocked (saw a dude who was level 47 last night, disgusting). Id drop by the PC thread and ask Symetrique. Hes pretty much the BF flying guru.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

lambskin posted:

Yeah I still haven't got the hang of dogfighting in this game. Once someone is on your tail it seems like you can't shake them.

Beastie posted:

For everyone asking questions about how gain advantage in a 1v1 turning fight where you start defensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJuRdZR8wk

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i absolutely hate playing recon but i want the union jacked uniform you unlock by getting it to 20

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Are the assignments still broken for anyone else I had one where I had to get 10 kills in a round with the gewer semi auto and then went 36-9 with it and still didn't complete it.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i absolutely hate playing recon but i want the union jacked uniform you unlock by getting it to 20

Get the Model 8 by capping points. It is a SLR. While not amazing in close-range it handles medium range fine. Dropping spawn beacon and carrying smokes makes recon fun to play for those of us who actually want to take part in combat.

Next SLR is ZH-29 which easily carries you to level 20.

Or just steal a gun.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Chazani posted:

Next SLR is ZH-29 which easily carries you to level 20.

This. I hated recon until getting the ZH and it's basically a cheat code for kills with the 3x scope.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Pro tip: you can level up classes quickly if you get on the AA in an operations map that has the paratrooper spawns.

Knocking out a plane is worth 500 plus whatever kills you pick up. I leveled up three times as Recon in one round.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Any of the Ps4 BF4 [BUTT] goons playing this?

Should I swing by my local game store and buy this poo poo? Or should I stay shooting mans in blops or space mans in destiny?

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

El Jebus posted:

I just cant figure out the fighters but holy hell does the mosquito murder me every time. The 109 pairing guarding a Ju-88 is also hell to go up against if you dont have a good team all focusing on it. Even then its difficult.

I am loving the AA though.

Had a round as the Germans and shot down 5 Mossies and 3 Spitfires. The other team kept sending hit squads after me.

It was glorious.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

How the hell do you all get planes so regularly? I can snag maybe one every two matches and then get instantly shot down because you can't practice when you get 30 seconds in a spitfire every two hours

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

How the hell do you all get planes so regularly? I can snag maybe one every two matches and then get instantly shot down because you can't practice when you get 30 seconds in a spitfire every two hours

Firing Range launches 12/4. Hopefully you can do it with friends. A few of the Xbros want to practice spotting for bombing runs.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Doji Sekushi posted:

Any of the Ps4 BF4 [BUTT] goons playing this?

Should I swing by my local game store and buy this poo poo? Or should I stay shooting mans in blops or space mans in destiny?

Yep, there's several of us playing! You might have better success with the battlegoons community though, since platoons aren't fully implemented yet.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is there no android companion app for this?

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
PlayStation gave me $15 credit for spending money on the store so Ill be getting this soon. Excited to BUTT it up again.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

It'll be nice to see you again lawnie!

Man bfv is basically just the next evolution of bf1. If you enjoyed bf1 you'll enjoy bfv.

Edit: playing spyro and Spiderman all day. If any butts get on bfv I'll play with you guys send me an invite.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 20, 2018

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Playing right now, PSN: myswagyolo

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...
Is Sony still being a dick and keeping BFV players off of every other service?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

As far as I can tell none of the big FPS games play cross platform.

The only games that do tend to be are Rocket League, Fortnite, various MOBAs and MMOs.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 20, 2018

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Julius CSAR posted:

I remember during MW2 youd hear like, a beat coming from a stereo in the background, and then suddenly some dude would start poorly freestyling over it. And its just like, dude you think someone in your Call of Duty server is gonna give you a record contract or what? Please shut the gently caress up.

Also yeah, I dont get people who have mics on and its just the trashiest family drama happening in the background. Dumb as hell

I'm all on board for PC master race etc etc but one thing it never gets is random mic rappers and trashy family drama, and those are both the funniest things to have voip in a game for.

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

If Im on Xbox, is there a way to join up with BFV players here without adding people as friends when they post?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

EvilMerlin posted:

Is Sony still being a dick and keeping BFV players off of every other service?

No crossplay between any platform on the big AAA multiplayer games like Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty games, Battlefield... etc. So no, Sony is not being a dick.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Why does DICE like these worthless meatgrinder maps that have narrow pathways and linear point layouts? They never have been and never will be fun.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Kilometers Davis posted:

Someone compare this to BF1 for me please and thanks? I didnt like BF3/BF4 much at all outside of the incredible sound design. BF1 though was super fun and nowhere near as frustrating as the previous few games.

Did they somehow make the game sound even better?

BF1 was complete boring as hell garbage that wishes it was anywhere near as much fun as 3/4. BFV is a modest improvement over BF1. Infantry combat is better. Armor is still terribly un-fun to play and gimped to all hell.

Take from that what you will.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it sucks that recon mains in the beta whined that the tank LMGs were insanely OP because they could actually kill people so now theyre back to needing like 3 headshots to kill a person

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

BF1 was complete boring as hell garbage that wishes it was anywhere near as much fun as 3/4. BFV is a modest improvement over BF1. Infantry combat is better. Armor is still terribly un-fun to play and gimped to all hell.

Sounds perfect for me then! BF1 was my favorite BF game so if this is that but better then I should get it asap.

Too many games these last two months good lord.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I spent over 200 hours in bf1 and bfv is just bf1 but better in almost every way.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ineffiable posted:

I spent over 200 hours in bf1 and bfv is just bf1 but better in almost every way.

I might purchase this by the morning.

I cant escape my desire to hear the sound design in ever BF game. Thats always the first thing that sucks me in. Its so good and lately Ive gone back to gaming with my PS Gold headset and everything sounds incredible even with average sounding games.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

It seems like everything that should be reasonably powerful is weak as hell. I've broadsided tanks with the rocket and done like 20 damage. 3 dynamite packs AND a rocket got me 56 damage on a tank. But somehow reddit thinks the rocket is OP?

I'm glad :dice: spent so much time developing this stupid hitching system, so that pubbies can leave all the extra AA and artillery in the spawn.

Building fortifications is fun, but it's a waste since most people don't stick around to defend. I'm basically building cover for when the other team comes to take the point.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Glitch warning or reminder:

Do not try to view Assignments while dying, or while selecting a spawn point.

It will cause you to develop astigmatism, and no longer be able to make any input.

Have to restart the game.