Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I picked up UM and I'm using the Penumbra Moon mod and it's pretty fun and nice not being always overleveled and the trainers being able to put up a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Can you save scum a chain? If you save after getting a chain of 31, and pokemon #33 breaks it, could you reload and resume at 31 again?

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Dienes posted:

Can you save scum a chain? If you save after getting a chain of 31, and pokemon #33 breaks it, could you reload and resume at 31 again?

serebii says saving breaks a chain

edit: specifically saving and exiting

https://www.serebii.net/letsgopikachueevee/catchcombo.shtml posted:

A Pokémon running from you
Capturing a Pokémon of a different species
Saving and exiting the game (Note: Suspending a game does not break the combo)

i poop fire fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 19, 2018

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vapor Moon posted:

I picked up UM and I'm using the Penumbra Moon mod and it's pretty fun and nice not being always overleveled and the trainers being able to put up a fight.

What's Penumbra Moon, and is there a US equivalent?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I'm on Koga now and dear god why did they program a move-selection AI that uses protect in singles against single-turn moves when the attacker is faster? It's the most insanely frustrating and unnecessary time waster ever

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
It's called PP stalling, a pro strategy :v:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Entropist posted:

It's called PP stalling, a pro strategy :v:

I mean that I get because you can't use an Ether or Elixer in like competitive battles; it's beyond silly in single player

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LightningKimba posted:

Turn your monitor on, Clefairy is a good friend from SPACE ITSELF and is the true friend to all.

Let me fill you in on The Terrible Secret of Space - Clefairy is trash

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Finally escaped the first 10 chain hell on charmander and its crazy how much faster it gets after 11

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why can Toxic be learned by almost everyone?

Because Generation 1 was not the most well planned of games and we're stuck with it.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Count me in as one of the PoGo players who bought the Lets Go Switch bundle. I’ve played X, OR, and Sun so I’m familiar with the 3DS games. I wasn’t really thinking about getting a Switch until this bundle came out though. It will be nice to be able to transfer the extra shinies from the PoGo community days over to Let’s go and clear up storage space. It should also satisfy my Pokémon need in the winter months when walking around outside at a park isn’t ideal.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So apart from the obvious collection aspect is there any real postgame content in Let's Go or is it still mostly just Mewtwo?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Larryb posted:

So apart from the obvious collection aspect is there any real postgame content in Let's Go or is it still mostly just Mewtwo?

There are "Master Trainers" for each Pokemon, and you have to do some challenge (often a 1v1 mirror match but not always) to be labeled a Master of that Pokemon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

There are "Master Trainers" for each Pokemon, and you have to do some challenge (often a 1v1 mirror match but not always) to be labeled a Master of that Pokemon.

Any idea where some of those trainers are? For reference having now reached the postgame myself my current team consists of:

Eevee
Raichu
Charizard
Blastoise
Moltres
Mewtwo

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Adding this to my "I love this game but this is some bullshit" list:
Can't use the PokéFlute to wake up my sleeping Pokémon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
QUESTIONS

1) I got a Growlithe that's a under leveled compared to my other dudes. Is the best thing to simply keep him as the only person in the party for a bit? It's kind of a pain when it comes to getting XP from catching Pokemon because they get automatically added to your party so I have to take them out afterwards every time.
2) Is there a limit to the amount of times you give your pokemon candy? It seems like you could potentially grind out candies forever and just keep giving them to your Pokemon.
3) How do I know what the "perfect IV"s or whatever are. Like how do I read that and determine how good a Pokemon I catch is? In Pokemon Go I just use one of the apps that can read a screenshot

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Macaluso posted:

QUESTIONS

2) Is there a limit to the amount of times you give your pokemon candy? It seems like you could potentially grind out candies forever and just keep giving them to your Pokemon.
3) How do I know what the "perfect IV"s or whatever are. Like how do I read that and determine how good a Pokemon I catch is? In Pokemon Go I just use one of the apps that can read a screenshot
2: The cap is 200 in each stat. So 200 species specific candy, or as many candy as it takes to get +200 to each stat of the generic candy.

3: There is a professor's aide you talk to upstairs in one of the gates who will unlock the IV check function in the stats screen. Need like 60 odd different species in the pokedex, then press Y on the stat screen. Best is a perfect IV.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macaluso posted:

QUESTIONS

Go the 2nd floor of the building in Route 11 after catching 30 unique pokemon and the Assistant will give you the Judge Function which will let you see the IVs of any pokemon you catch.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Also I really wish I could get Mew without having to buy a controller I'll never use again after this game :(

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just convinced myself to get Lets Go Eevee. It is good and chill.

Anyone else purposefully mishearing Eevee as saying "YEAH BOOOY!"?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Solumin posted:

It sounds like Let's Go is pretty fun! I like the idea of candies letting you boost weaker Pokemon up usable levels.

Honestly I kind of want to visit Kanto again. Would y'all say this is the best version of RBY so far?

Have they adjusted move pools at all? One of my biggest gripes with gen 1 is how unusable a lot of it Pokemon are. Candies plus better move pools would fix a lot of them.

They definitely did. I was skimming some of the level up movepools and the stone evolution pokemon tend to learn their good stuff earlier so you don't have to make them wait forever to evolve. For example, Growlithe now learns flamethrower at level 17. It looks like they actually simplified a lot of pokemon's movesets so most only learn STAB attacks and various support moves, but then they added in some really odd moves like giving Beedrill Outrage and Kadabra Night Shade.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Unlucky7 posted:

I just convinced myself to get Lets Go Eevee. It is good and chill.

Anyone else purposefully mishearing Eevee as saying "YEAH BOOOY!"?

I mean, Flavor Flav might as well be a Pokemon

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
OK, bought Nintendo Online since I would have when Smash came out anyway.

Anyone want to trade Kadabras? I have a session open as Pidgey-Bulbasaur-Bulbasaur.

Can keep eachother's Kadabras or trade back after they evolve, I'm good either way.

edit: Since it's only 3 characters, people keep joining my room, leaving when it's taken, and forcing me to reopen. So, just ping me if you wanna trade and I'll reopen. I want an Alakazam!

ultrachrist fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 20, 2018

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

precision posted:

I mean, Flavor Flav might as well be a Pokemon

Flavor Flav is my favourite of Eevee's unique elemental moves.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
You, an idiot: Don’t go purchasing Pokeballs because the game gives you balls as a reward for trainer battles and by the end you will have a ton anyway.

Me, a genius: stocking up on pokeballs and great balls because Oak’s Candy Factories will no fuel themselves

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ultrachrist posted:

OK, bought Nintendo Online since I would have when Smash came out anyway.

Anyone want to trade Kadabras? I have a session open as Pidgey-Bulbasaur-Bulbasaur.

Can keep eachother's Kadabras or trade back after they evolve, I'm good either way.

edit: Since it's only 3 characters, people keep joining my room, leaving when it's taken, and forcing me to reopen. So, just ping me if you wanna trade and I'll reopen. I want an Alakazam!

Are you still offering? It's the last one I need.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Dehry posted:

Are you still offering? It's the last one I need.

Give me 2 min and I'll turn it back on. Same code.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ultrachrist posted:

Give me 2 min and I'll turn it back on. Same code.

I'll assume you were K.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Dehry posted:

I'll assume you were K.

Yep, thanks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

stock up on pokeballs so you can get the best ball in the game, the premier ball

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Oh and for that person who was sad that alolan marowak is too high to learn shadow bone, don't worry. Apparently it doesn't even learn shadow bone at all in LGP/E :downs:.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I somehow got it in my head this morning to hunt for a shiny charmander and like 300+ charmanders later still nothing

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I somehow got it in my head this morning to hunt for a shiny charmander and like 300+ charmanders later still nothing

I heard lures help with this and they apparently don't run out unless you're moving around.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I heard lures help with this and they apparently don't run out unless you're moving around.

The shiny charmander spot has 2 areas where you can force them to spawn and despawn so the lure rate is not necessarily the problem

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lures apparently boost the shiny rate and do some other stuff too.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Does anyone know the best spot to get consistent good EXP without much risk of failing captures and such? I decided if I'm gonna conquer at least one Master Trainer it's going to be the Meltan one, and I need to get it to level 100 to earn the title.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i know this has nothing to do with pokemon let's go but does sun/moon use the same gts as usum

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

The White Dragon posted:

i know this has nothing to do with pokemon let's go but does sun/moon use the same gts as usum

Yes

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

SirSamVimes posted:

What's Penumbra Moon, and is there a US equivalent?

Works on both US & UM

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-supernova-sun-penumbra-moon-fully-featured-ultra-sun-ultra-moon-rom-hacks.492634/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

I assume then that it just sorta... leaves out stuff that didn't exist in Sun/Moon like Dusk Lycanroc or Zeraora? (Or people ASKING for Zeraora?)