Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1064176731681116160?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
trump's at his best when he's disrespecting the troops

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004
I thought I was mostly immune to this poo poo but Fox was on at the gym today. They were pushing back on the Trump attacking the media narrative and one of the hosts brought up a story about an Indian friend, telling him how they have election day off because of violence and intimidation at the polls. "Now we haven't seen that kind of violence in this country for 150 years.." loving hell. Jim Crow was an hallucination I guess.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Now that I'm done being inprisoned for not showing the proper respect to a gunfuckers who was pulling some moral whataboutism my pronouns are generally speaking whatever someone remembers to use, at least while I'm figuring my poo poo out

I prefer female or they but if you say he I'm jot gonna melt down

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

Dickeye is either a lesbian woman or a man, so based on the ratios of the current population the odds are in my favor, but if I'm wrong it would not be the first time.

Also every single part of this post is wrong, it's kind of impressive

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Now that I'm done being inprisoned for not showing the proper respect to a gunfuckers who was pulling some moral whataboutism my pronouns are generally speaking whatever someone remembers to use, at least while I'm figuring my poo poo out

I prefer female or they but if you say he I'm jot gonna melt down

Sorry for using incorrect pronouns

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Sorry for using incorrect pronouns

You're good dude, I ain't posted here in a minute and like I said there's no really no wrong ones, just more correct ones

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wu tang trans

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Volkerball posted:

wu tang trans

gently caress I laughed at a vb post, I am owned.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

wu tang trans

gently caress you don't make good posts

How are you not dead, between the 350z and the lock out tag out poo poo

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

YodaTFK posted:

I thought I was mostly immune to this poo poo but Fox was on at the gym today. They were pushing back on the Trump attacking the media narrative and one of the hosts brought up a story about an Indian friend, telling him how they have election day off because of violence and intimidation at the polls. "Now we haven't seen that kind of violence in this country for 150 years.." loving hell. Jim Crow was an hallucination I guess.

Let's be perfectly clear- Dinesh is not their friend, he eats bugs for their amusement.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1064596881605623808

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

I'm the bent finger on the trigger.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's not our place to question the gods, but if this civil war doesn't kick off soon to give me a warriors death then I will have to resort to the attestupa.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
thanks for the heads-up dickeye, i'll do my best with your pronouns and please let me know straight away if i slip up. good luck with your stuff

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

incredible flesh posted:

thanks for the heads-up dickeye, i'll do my best with your pronouns and please let me know straight away if i slip up. good luck with your stuff

It is quite literally impossible to slip up because while I have ones I prefer none of them are wrong, it rules, I'm your token non cis friend who says their pronouns don't matter, use me to win arguments

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

incredible flesh posted:

:agreed:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Think of me as like, the black friend who totally said you can say the n word, but not nearly as offensive

So don't think of me like that I guess

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea to have a thread where we debate if Trump is the antichrist, you guys have any thoughts on the subject?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea to have a thread where we debate if Trump is the antichrist, you guys have any thoughts on the subject?

You’re silly, Obama was the Antichrist, remember? That’s why everything is getting shittier!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
unless you have a handful of religious posters to honestly engage with the topic, it'd probably go no where

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov38 posted:

unless you have a handful of religious posters to honestly engage with the topic, it'd probably go no where

True.

Lightning Knight posted:

You’re silly, Obama was the Antichrist, remember? That’s why everything is getting shittier!

I'm still amazed that the entire evangelical movement, the religious right, went for Trump and are therefore hypocrites.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

drilldo squirt posted:

It was called the Trump thread

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
BLACK BEN GHAZI is, uh, not my ring name, but it could be somebody’s

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i forgot this bit of lore, what are vb's opinions on lock out tag out?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's great being in a job where my superior also has a severe anxiety problem, i have someone to hyperventilate into a paperbag with

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Think of me as like, the black friend who totally said you can say the n word, but not nearly as offensive

So don't think of me like that I guess
i already think of every poster itt as exactly that

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i forgot this bit of lore, what are vb's opinions on lock out tag out?

you don't have to lock out tag out unless you're actually putting the machine down for maintenance. like if it's broke. if it's not broke, you don't have to lock out tag out. you e stop it at most. i use smaller machines now but at the gun factory i would crawl up in the machine to get a good look at stuff and since it wasn't down for maintenance i didn't need to lock out tag out, and literally no one does. this post made dickeye furious.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my understanding was that lock out tag out applied anytime someone was entering an area where they might be exposed to hazardous energy

so physically entering the machine totally calls for lock out tag out unless there's extenuating circumstances that make lock out tag out impossible, specifically so no idiot comes along, sees a functional machine and decides to start it up while you're still inside it

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i guess it's probably kosher if it was routine to the operation of the machine and you had an alternate safety protocol in place

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

you don't have to lock out tag out unless you're actually putting the machine down for maintenance. like if it's broke. if it's not broke, you don't have to lock out tag out. you e stop it at most. i use smaller machines now but at the gun factory i would crawl up in the machine to get a good look at stuff and since it wasn't down for maintenance i didn't need to lock out tag out, and literally no one does. this post made dickeye furious.

Yes it does make me mad that you're so dumb as to flout incredibly basic safety protocol to make sure you don't die, I'm terribly concerned about you and don't just think you're in general dumber than poo poo

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i guess it's probably kosher if it was routine to the operation of the machine and you had an alternate safety protocol in place
and if the machine were cloven of hoof

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
noted pissfiend president donald trump strolling through the ashes of paradise california, twice accidentally calling it "pleasure" as he chats to the devastated locals, makes me think this is all spiralling into a clive barker kind of reality

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
the only person i've ever "met" who's at all prepared for the year 2018 is nutranurse

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
and myself

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my understanding was that lock out tag out applied anytime someone was entering an area where they might be exposed to hazardous energy

Nah. They aren't the backbone of the industry anymore, but OSHA still lets shops use manual machines for less value producing work that isn't profitable on more expensive machines. The technology for that poo poo hasn't changed since like, the 60's, and there's still people who get killed or really hosed up by them today. You can't operate them without being exposed to hazardous energy.

So for somebody using a machine like this one that has a chuck 3 times as big as this one, OSHA's only issue would be that he's wearing a watch (which, for the record, is stupid as gently caress and lol I found this pic on a CNC training site. :negative:)

This despite the fact that there's a big chunk of metal spinning 2,000 rpm with nothing between it and your face. You can get clothing caught in it and get sucked into the machine, or better yet,

If that was steel, that dude would be dead. You don't chisel steel manually like this like you do with wood, but you can polish it by hand in an operation like this one, and the same thing can happen if the workpiece isn't secure or your chuck jaw is hosed up, or any number of things, so it's just inherently dangerous as gently caress, and OSHA approved.

I on the other hand, am a technologically savvy millenial, so I don't use those ancient things. I deal more with machines like this one.

This machine won't move with the doors open unless you turn keys like it's a nuclear bomb, at which point, you enter set up mode, which disengages the chuck so it can't spin, and limits how fast the internals in the machine can move. There's a ton of different safety mechanisms within the machine parameters to prevent it from doing anything stupid even if you try to tell it to. If you hit the e-stop, everything is disengaged, and you have to override the e-stop by going through a process, so it can't be done by just anyone on accident. And as you can tell by the size of the machine, it's not like you're on one side of the building while someone on the other is pushing buttons and levers that make the machine try to kill you. If you were to drop a wrench in that machine, you can totally reach in and grab it, as with the amount of safeties in play, and relative to other OSHA-approved activities, it's safe as gently caress. And per OSHA, that is not machine maintenance, so lock out tag out would not be required. You're well within your rights to do so, and you will be fine. Unfortunately for ya'll, I won't die for at least another 10 years of a debilitating stroke.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

incredible flesh posted:

the only person i've ever "met" who's at all prepared for the year 2018 is nutranurse

You mean 2019 right?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

Nah. They aren't the backbone of the industry anymore, but OSHA still lets shops use manual machines for less value producing work that isn't profitable on more expensive machines. The technology for that poo poo hasn't changed since like, the 60's, and there's still people who get killed or really hosed up by them today. You can't operate them without being exposed to hazardous energy.

ah, alright. i rarely work in conditions were lock out tag out remotely applies and when i do it tends to be for either stuff involving high energy electric systems or huge gently caress off turbines, so the work around them is highly regulated and coordinated

i don't touch them though, i just touch the stuff growing around them

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Volkerball posted:

You should have followed lock out tag out. Crawling around on machines is very much under the definition of maintenance to like every EHS organization.

Lathes are death machines however that somehow avoid the gaze of OSHA. Hand-use tools also have separate safety protocol since they're hand-use like a drill press or something.

Scales a big thing too. Like I don't have to wear a full body condom to work with HF in the lab but a tech working on loading a drum of it into a tool totally does.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's divine providence it only comes once in a hundred years