Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Young Freud posted:

And about a decade ago. She's about as irrelevant as they come these days.

i am still weirdly surprised she never took off in the wing nut circus. like she has maybe a year or two after the election, but i think the legit realized she was dumb and crooked as hell. i mean they have had legit giant fights in public and the son in law or son is in jail again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am still weirdly surprised she never took off in the wing nut circus. like she has maybe a year or two after the election, but i think the legit realized she was dumb and crooked as hell. i mean they have had legit giant fights in public and the son in law or son is in jail again.

Seems ol' Sarah just missed the train on "how stupid can we get?" :shrug:

VVV
Absolutely no question. She's the avatar of MAGA.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If she didn't burn out during the pre-Obama presidency days, I think Palin might be a star right now.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lycus posted:

Just looked at Charlie Kirk's twitter and holy poo poo, he is really obsessed with AOC.

picture Charlie Kirk sitting in his mom's basement with one hand on the twitter keyboard spewing garbage about AOC and one hand elsewhere bc thats actual reality

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

shes very very very very lazy and stupid.

like she had her own paywall content before the sfw cam girl genre became a main stream thing and she still couldnt be arse to do it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dapper_Swindler posted:

You have to have at least some self awareness to reach out and take it.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
A couple people in this administration have vied for the title, but Sarah Palin I must re-coronate queen dingus.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
Here's a question about something I hope really doesn't matter. In the past I've written emails to congressmen who weren't in my district. Committee heads on an issue that was relevant at the time. Every time I got a polite email saying they couldn't communicate with people outside their district. I don't have them so I can't tell you exactly what they said.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is clearly working the internet and if not representing a lot of people outside her district, she does speak for them. Is that going to run afoul of any rules, or is that something they do to reduce the clutter.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Young Freud posted:

And about a decade ago. She's about as irrelevant as they come these days.

It's gross to say but also 100% true that she has aged out of her fuckable years, so she's lost a lot of cachet.

Sexism is bad and hurts everyone, but Palin being a conventionally attractive woman was literally one of her selling points. Lisa Ann probably sends her a Whitman's Sampler every Christmas to this day.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lycus posted:

Just looked at Charlie Kirk's twitter and holy poo poo, he is really obsessed with AOC.

Lonely, hatefilled, simpering men are often violently obsessed with proving that intelligent, funny, powerful women are not powerful, certainly not funny, and by no means ever intelligent.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i am harry posted:

Lonely, hatefilled, simpering men are often violently obsessed with proving that intelligent, funny, powerful women are not powerful, certainly not funny, and by no means ever intelligent.

these are the same guys who have meltdowns when girls don't respond to their messages on dating apps

vvvv get hosed avenatti you piece of poo poo

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Nov 20, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JoeConchaTV/status/1064700838285848576

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

i am harry posted:

It's not even lonely, hateful incel type men. Even seemingly perfectly reasonable professionals lose their poo poo when a woman who knows their poo poo dares to speak.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Right this is a circumstantial case so weak the government didn't even try to make it.

According to the case many of the people identified died before the leak even happened so I'm going to ask you to back up what a "large number" is and whether more people died after than before (do you even know)

Also according to that link the judge scrubbed the record of the claim that someone died because of the leak so I didn't misremember, that claim was so spurious she wasn't just acquitted of it, it wasn't even allowed to be recorded as evidence in a show trial of a political prisoner whose guilt was predetermined behind the barest fig leaf of legitimacy.

It doesn't prove they were, you're the one insisting we presume guilt here, in contravention to your usual stance when a cop is on trial for murdering someone on camera.

It is literally true that you can't prove the cause of lung cancer in some specific instance, but we don't have to because we make policy based on statistical evidence over a large number of cases.

But we're not dealing with a large number of cases where we can look at population data and estimate the average number of deaths per leak if any, we're talking about the specific case of specific guilt attaching to a specific individual and we don't convict individuals based on population trends for very obvious reasons even if we had population trends for something like this which we don't.

Like I guess since a bunch of people in the leak were dying before it happened, you could maybe there was an uptick after the leak, idk if anyone's done that but I'm skeptical that if someone did and it showed even a shred of likelihood that she killed anyone that Obama would still have given her clemency.

But maybe you have secret evidence that the CIA and the military doesn't even know about.

I'm glad you found a sensational Guardian headline not at all backed up by the actual facts in their own story but even with that you're again just making up a bunch of bullshit not stated in your source.

Cute that you roll out the kavanaugh defense though.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Thats a wrap for Avenatti

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Throwing Turtles posted:

Here's a question about something I hope really doesn't matter. In the past I've written emails to congressmen who weren't in my district. Committee heads on an issue that was relevant at the time. Every time I got a polite email saying they couldn't communicate with people outside their district. I don't have them so I can't tell you exactly what they said.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is clearly working the internet and if not representing a lot of people outside her district, she does speak for them. Is that going to run afoul of any rules, or is that something they do to reduce the clutter.

.....yes politicians are allowed to use twitter? I dont understand your concern, they can say whatever they want at their own peril.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jarmak posted:

I'm glad you found a sensational Guardian headline not at all backed up by the actual facts in their own story but even with that you're again just making up a bunch of bullshit not stated in your source.

Cute that you roll out the kavanaugh defense though.

There's evidence in the Kavanaugh case. Eyewitness testimony is evidence, people can debate about how credible they find her testimony (more credible than his imo), but it's a far cry from a purely circumstantial case of Manning did a thing, people died around the same time, many of them before she did it, therefore she killed them.

The justice system convicts on eyewitness testimony all the time (usually the word of a cop)

Feel free to point out what I said about the source that isn't true (many of the names on the list were already dead, the judge did order the testimony that Manning killed a guy stricken from the record), or better yet feel free to provide anything showing an uptick of deaths after the leaks or really any evidence at all other than implying you have secret knowledge that even the CIA and the military couldn't get after a $6 million investigation and a stubborn insistence on a selective standard of guilty until proven innocent for people who offend the MIC.

At this point you're reduced to complaining about a headline, which I didn't even mention and headlines are typically chosen by the editor and not the author anyway so their accuracy has no bearing on the article in any case but keep grasping at those straws.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 20, 2018

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lycus posted:

Charlie Kirk being obsessed with a young woman out of his league is really shocking :rolleyes:

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

Rigel posted:

Thats a wrap for Avenatti

he's still pushing his presidential run lmao

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

AOC should ask Kirk how many diapers he could buy for that price.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

shes very very very very lazy and stupid.

like she had her own paywall content before the sfw cam girl genre became a main stream thing and she still couldnt be arse to do it.

she also quit her governership something like 2 years early even though it was for alaska, probably one of the easiest states to govern

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Throwing Turtles posted:

There is no rule prohibiting a congressperson from talking with non-constituents about issues, but there is a requirement that they "listen" to their constituents. That email you got is better thought of as a polite "we don't have to talk to you and you aren't rich, so gently caress off."

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

cr0y posted:

.....yes politicians are allowed to use twitter? I dont understand your concern, they can say whatever they want at their own peril.

Mostly a concern about how far they can go about contacting and working for people who aren't officially her constituents. It doesn't matter now, she's not sworn in. But after she is, if she keeps doing doing actual work for anybody who can log onto her stream is that a potential problem.

And I'm not really talking about dropping bombs on twitter as great as that is. But in three months when somebody in Kentucky asks her for details about something that she's working on in committee and she answers, is that stepping on some line that some rules committee drew up somewhere.

Nobody has really done what she's doing here, so I don't think people have thought about how the rules apply. I'm pretty sure the more senior members of congress would rather find a way to tell her to knock it off rather then to just do what she's doing, so that is something else.

But mostly it's just a bit of mild paranoia based on the fact that I've always been told that congressional offices can only deal with their constituents, and I don't know if that's a real rule, or a "rule".

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

I really did think this was going to end up a Jacob Wohl stunt.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think I recall her being very high maintenance and genuinely hard to work with. A man on the wingnut welfare can get away with being as tyrannical, petty and childish as he wants, but with women, the right wing won't put up with as much.

Lycus posted:

If she didn't burn out during the pre-Obama presidency days, I think Palin might be a star right now.

Ehhh, Carly Fiorina is just as crazy and stupid as Palin, and she was there for the birth of Trumpism. She still just dropped from that platform with Ted Cruz, and off the face of the earth. I don't want to sound judgmental here, but I think this right wing media might be sexist.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I remember being really pissed that Carly Fiorina was considered some kind of military expert after she rattled off a list of ships we should build, and no one asked her why we should triple the size of the navy. The bar is so low.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

I really did think this was going to end up a Jacob Wohl stunt.

It's entirely possible it is.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean, it's either that or we all get to enjoy him apparently being right

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'm sure one of our lawgoons can tell us the implications of filing for a domestic violence restraining order. Does that amount to accusing Avenatti of a crime? Could it be potential slander/libel?

I mean, Wohl named a real woman in his Mueller rape accusation stunt.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pellisworth posted:

The idea that Jacob recruited her as one of his Wohlgirls in a Manchurian candidate scheme is unlikely to say the least, as much as I want to believe it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Fulchrum posted:

I think I recall her being very high maintenance and genuinely hard to work with. A man on the wingnut welfare can get away with being as tyrannical, petty and childish as he wants, but with women, the right wing won't put up with as much.

Ehhh, Carly Fiorina is just as crazy and stupid as Palin, and she was there for the birth of Trumpism. She still just dropped from that platform with Ted Cruz, and off the face of the earth. I don't want to sound judgmental here, but I think this right wing media might be sexist.

Speaking as a Californian, Fiorina just seemed to me like a cookie-cutter "I'm a CEO!" Republican, not memorably silly-crazy like Palin.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Charlie Kirk being obsessed with a young woman out of his league is really shocking :rolleyes:

Look at how big online chuds got from beating up Anita Sarkeesian. This is their best new target in years!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What the gently caress do David and Jacob Wohl do that they seem untouchable after a false accusation of sexual assault against the former loving Director of the FBI?

Does the Wohl family have huge investments in law enforcement or Trump properties or something?

Why is that loving moron not in jail?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

I entertained the possibility before we had name to the victim, but I'm done with that now.

TulliusCicero posted:

What the gently caress do David and Jacob Wohl do that they seem untouchable after a false accusation of sexual assault against the former loving Director of the FBI?

Does the Wohl family have huge investments in law enforcement or Trump properties or something?

Why is that loving moron not in jail?

I think he's not in jail because he went to the media instead of filing a police report. I assumed that Mueller's gonna wait until after he's done to sue for defamation.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 20, 2018

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pellisworth posted:

I'm sure one of our lawgoons can tell us the implications of filing for a domestic violence restraining order. Does that amount to accusing Avenatti of a crime? Could it be potential slander/libel?

I mean, Wohl named a real woman in his Mueller rape accusation stunt.
In Canada at least you have to have reason to believe that your spouse will hurt you and that the court finds that on a balance of probabilities that harm may occur to the one requesting the order.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

The idea that Jacob recruited her as one of his Wohlgirls in a Manchurian candidate scheme is unlikely to say the least, as much as I want to believe it.

It's also unlikely Jacob Wohl would get banned from the financial sector for fraud before the age of 20 and later hold a press conference in a Holiday Inn where he accused a former FBI director of rape, to say the least.

Yes, believe women, but this whole thing started with a cryptic Twitter back-and-forth between noted blowhard Avenatti and child fraud prodigy Wohl so who knows what the gently caress is actually going on.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Pellisworth posted:

It's also unlikely Jacob Wohl would get banned from the financial sector for fraud before the age of 20 and later hold a press conference in a Holiday Inn where he accused a former FBI director of rape, to say the least.

Yes, believe women, but this whole thing started with a cryptic Twitter back-and-forth between noted blowhard Avenatti and child fraud prodigy Wohl so who knows what the gently caress is actually going on.

You forgot his lawyer's fly was down the entire time during said conference

:lol:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lycus posted:

Speaking as a Californian, Fiorina just seemed to me like a cookie-cutter "I'm a CEO!" Republican, not memorably silly-crazy like Palin.

Her monologue that led to her two day time in the son during the primaries was some loving starship troopers poo poo.

People remember Michell Bachman for her Sky Admiral outfit but Carly prattling off every single carrier group she was going to augment was metal as gently caress.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Avenatti probably did something to deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/PerryNBCBoston/status/1064680820668010496