Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?

Dalael posted:

Yes but if you think about it, it's engine is still being used for Fallout 76 so in a way, it's still currently still broken

Fixed that for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Dumb question on skill injectors. If you have a few chars with a ton of extra skills (60m sp or more), and want to move those sp to a different character (newbish), what does it cost to do that?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ilkhan posted:

Dumb question on skill injectors. If you have a few chars with a ton of extra skills (60m sp or more), and want to move those sp to a different character (newbish), what does it cost to do that?

A skill extractor (creates a skill injector by pulling out 500,000 SP) costs you ~375m in jita. The skill injector will have some SP loss associated with it based on how much SP the target character has.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ilkhan posted:

Why would you want to do that? You should consolidate your skill points into a single character, but it should be the character with the highest skill points to start with. Unless you are trying to hide your employment history or something? At minimum you will lose 1/5th of your skill points doing this (and a poo poo load of isk).

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

evilweasel posted:

A skill extractor (creates a skill injector by pulling out 500,000 SP) costs you ~375m in jita. The skill injector will have some SP loss associated with it based on how much SP the target character has.
Ah. didn't realize the extraction was so expensive. I have 4 "mains" and was thinking about moving some sp to the secondaries for mining/freightering. But I guess I can buy someone else's sp if I really wanted to do that. I apparently sold a couple freighter alts before I left and need to replace those if I want to get back into supercap production.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Why would you want to do that? You should consolidate your skill points into a single character, but it should be the character with the highest skill points to start with. Unless you are trying to hide your employment history or something? At minimum you will lose 1/5th of your skill points doing this (and a poo poo load of isk).

In some ways it’s dumb to have a jack of all trades pilot when it’s so easy to plex your accounts every month so may as well have a bunch of characters that can be logged in concurrently making money doing different things

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

In some ways it’s dumb to have a jack of all trades pilot when it’s so easy to plex your accounts every month so may as well have a bunch of characters that can be logged in concurrently making money doing different things

That's a line I haven't crossed yet. I could easily afford to PLEX up a second account, but I am far to cheap and I could only really make use of it for a cyno alt a couple times a month. It would make a lot of sense if I was doing industry or science and I needed lots of manufacturing or research slots though.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They're next to free with brain goo

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

people who own a jump freighter are evidently playing some other game in their head

lebrongames
Feb 7, 2015
Scamming in eve is as simple as just talking to random people.
Saw a guy talk in anti-ganking about bounties, was rewarded with a free billion.

https://pastebin.com/jiPBfWLh

This guy was ganked by miniluv the other day for 14 billion.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/73547494/

What a treat.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lebrongames posted:

Scamming in eve is as simple as just talking to random people.
Saw a guy talk in anti-ganking about bounties, was rewarded with a free billion.

https://pastebin.com/jiPBfWLh

This guy was ganked by miniluv the other day for 14 billion.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/73547494/

What a treat.

:cheers:
That's what EVE is all about!

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Someday I will pull off a scam. It's on my Eve bucket list.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ynglaur posted:

it is so easy even i managed to do it, i believe in you, just talk to people

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
/twitch

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

how the heck did ncdot lose a keepstar in their own territory to subcaps

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

how the heck did ncdot lose

I mean

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm a bit more surprised about it since NCDOTTE has brain drained PL.

lebrongames
Feb 7, 2015

Ynglaur posted:

start by talking to gank victims, offer them revenge for a price

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the MER has been excellent for convincing miners to join up and take advantage of the rorqual and skill injector subsidies so we can double that 19T figure

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the MER has been excellent for convincing miners to join up and take advantage of the rorqual and skill injector subsidies so we can double that 19T figure

It got me to resub and start training towards a Rorq, so...

Wouldn't shock me if CCP, who are always horny for headlines, especially now that they've got a parent company to impress, doesn't double down and give us ever more grandiose and expensive (and destructible) things to buy/build. An ORE Titan, pilotable outposts (literal Death Stars, save for the name) to dwarf Titans as the biggest dick on the grid, why the gently caress not at this point? They already crossed the Faction Titan line.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 20, 2018

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Subsidies? Please talk to me of these handouts.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

George Soros pays me to play EVE

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

Bilirubin posted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bilirubin posted:

same but Vladimir Putin

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Wouldn't shock me if CCP, who are always horny for headlines, especially now that they've got a parent company to impress, doesn't double down and give us ever more grandiose and expensive (and destructible) things to buy/build. An ORE Titan, pilotable outposts (literal Death Stars, save for the name) to dwarf Titans as the biggest dick on the grid, why the gently caress not at this point? They already crossed the Faction Titan line.

Power creep has to stop somewhere

said no one at CCP ever

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

gross

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pffft! Give me frigates with double Doomsday or I'm unsubbing

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

From where/when did the pirate supers show up? And the pirate rework in general as well (belt dreads?)?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

Pffft! Give me frigates with double Doomsday or I'm unsubbing

The newbie corvettes should come with a Civillian Doomsday to wet peoples appitite.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

ilkhan posted:

From where/when did the pirate supers show up? And the pirate rework in general as well (belt dreads?)?

I too am returning to this game after 4 years off—sort of—and I have noticed...

1. I have new fighter skills to train
2. About 2/3rds of my carefully crafted and tried and true ship set ups, which were the result of being an 7 year eve player previous to me stopping, no longer work

Point two, by itself, almost made me say gently caress it and quit again.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ZombieLenin posted:

I too am returning to this game after 4 years off—sort of—and I have noticed...

1. I have new fighter skills to train
2. About 2/3rds of my carefully crafted and tried and true ship set ups, which were the result of being an 7 year eve player previous to me stopping, no longer work

Point two, by itself, almost made me say gently caress it and quit again.

The meta has changed but most of your skills are still valid for those hulls. If you're coming back after four years you might have some free SP anyway to allocate.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Kimsemus posted:

The meta has changed but most of your skills are still valid for those hulls. If you're coming back after four years you might have some free SP anyway to allocate.

I had 512k skill points to distribute. It didn’t help much when I realized that Fighters V no longer entitled me to use the fighters in my carrier’s fighter bay.

Edit

At least I didn’t need 3 extra capital skills to use my Moros’s capital hybrid turrets.

Double edit

I am most annoyed that my Loki and Proteus fittings no longer work, and I literally need to go back to theory crafting (not my favorite thing) setups for all of my subcaps.

This is because as a 7 year low-sec small gang PvP pilot, I almost never used my capitals.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 20, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I had 512k skill points to distribute. It didn’t help much when I realized that Fighters V no longer entitled me to use the fighters in my carrier’s fighter bay.

Edit

At least I didn’t need 3 extra capital skills to use my Moros’s capital hybrid turrets.

Double edit

I am most annoyed that my Loki and Proteus fittings no longer work, and I literally need to go back to theory crafting (not my favorite thing) setups for all of my subcaps.

This is because as a 7 year low-sec small gang PvP pilot, I almost never used my capitals.

I had the same problem

Just wait until you see the prices on all the different fighters skills! Light/Support/Heavy

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I had the same problem

Just wait until you see the prices on all the different fighters skills! Light/Support/Heavy

Yeah... 100 million a pop. I am now training said skills. I can confirm, blowing 300mil on skill books to fly a ship I used to have perfect skills for sucked.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

no but seriously how do you lose a keepstar to subcaps when you have all your supercaps parked on the thing

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

Edit

Double edit

But designing ships is fun? I would be excited not frustrated.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no but seriously how do you lose a keepstar to subcaps when you have all your supercaps parked on the thing

Your leadership is so terrible that no one wanted to bother to log in supers to dunk subcaps.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

~killboard stats~

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

I am not into theory crafting tbh. Often I relied on my corp mates who were into it to do it for me.

My marketable eve skill was being able to not shake and panic when my vindicator and high grade slave set was on the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Rutibex posted:

yeah, I don't get why people like things I don't either