Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Homer: [about Stampy] Maybe if we tied it down so it couldn't move it wouldn't get so hungry.
Lisa: You can't do that, Dad, it's cruel!
Homer: Oh, everything's cruel according to you. Keeping him chained up in the backyard is cruel. Pulling on his tail is cruel. Yelling in his ears is cruel. Everything is cruel. So, excuse me if I'm cruel!

No exchange in koth can touch this.

If you replace cruel with racist, this is a verbatim statement from President Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Another Bill posted:

If you replace cruel with racist, this is a verbatim statement from President Trump.

People of other races don't have tails.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

People of other races don't have tails.

Well, not since Compound W.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Another Bill posted:

I hope you are not probated

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
why does junichiro look like hank/tilly rather than cotton

Another Bill posted:

If you replace cruel with Lenore, this is a verbatim statement from Lenore.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cry Havoc posted:

why does junichiro look like hank/tilly rather than cotton

junichiro's mom used to look like tilly when she was young

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3ECSkt9J8

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I wish someone would do a supercut of all the KotH dream/hallucination sequences. Every single one is fantastic, Mike Judge really embraces what cartoons can do.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Peggy is only supposed to be 41. I am less than 10 years younger than her.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I wish someone would do a supercut of all the KotH dream/hallucination sequences. Every single one is fantastic, Mike Judge really embraces what cartoons can do.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"I feel so alive with pleasure!"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I know how I'm going to die.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Flirting by talking about what Peg-leg's going to be cooking over the phone.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
One thing I've noticed while bingeing I haven't seen the majority of the early episodes since they first ran back in the 90's and I must have been like 10 years old, and the ones that I have seen repeatedly are the garbage episodes that played on adult swim.

it's kinda like watching newers simpsons episodes, thinking it was ok and then stumbling upon the first several seasons of pure gold

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

shame on an IGA posted:

I know how I'm going to die.

My new name is "Energy Turtle".

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I think Minh is one of the more underrated characters on the show. Some of her best material is when the wives are having a discussion that results in Minh and Nancy dunking on Peggy without even thinking about it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Doppelganger posted:

I think Minh is one of the more underrated characters on the show. Some of her best material is when the wives are having a discussion that results in Minh and Nancy dunking on Peggy without even thinking about it.

*pats your hand gently*

oh sug

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Doppelganger posted:

Her chirping out "Hey, Bozo! Where your clown car, Peggy Hill?" at Peggy after Luanne gave her crappy highlights is one of the funniest moments on the whole drat show

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
GLADSTONE!!

("aawwgh?!")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7WiGmr6Olg&t=95s

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Minh is definitely the cattiest of the wives.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You look like Ronald McDonald you bozo Peggy Hill

She so stuck up... Not even say hello

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I am bad boy of systems analysis!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
:stare:

The voices

https://youtu.be/_Xy0w3DNwVs

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

You talk a lot about family pride but all I see is a crying drunk and an angry sissy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's a kid in the classroom scenes who's wearing a knock-off Incredibles shirt. I always took it that they kinda added it in there around the time of the movie, but I saw him in the paddlin' Peggy episode and that episode came out five years before The Incredibles came out.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Doppelganger posted:

its been said before but minh and joseph in the bathroom is tops

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The extremely sarcastic you rock my world is super funny to me- ted wassanasong

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

it takes a long time to make those animated movies

maybe an animator inside joke who had a friend working on the movie too?

e: Brad Bird was a creative consultant on KotH

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's crazy that the Clark Peters buzzed sides and longer hair on top with a ponytail look became cool in the 2010's when it was supposed to be the lowest of the low Texan trash style when the character was introduced. Fashion is cyclical.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Belton, San Marcos, McMaynerberry! MCMAYNERBERRY, Hank!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's crazy that the Clark Peters buzzed sides and longer hair on top with a ponytail look became cool in the 2010's when it was supposed to be the lowest of the low Texan trash style when the character was introduced. Fashion is cyclical.
Maybe it's everyone who watched king of the hill when they were young growing up and wanting to emulate their childhood hero

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Maybe it's everyone who watched king of the hill when they were young growing up and wanting to emulate their childhood hero

In later seasons the animators stopped showing actual smoke trails from Dale's cigarettes but they also stopped showing actual snot coming out of Clark Peters' nose.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
in Hey Arnold! they had a Spongebob reference before Spongebob came out

Animators must all know each other

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I think I said it before itt but the guy who administers my work's Office 365 poo poo sounds exactly like a grown up Clark Peters with a worse haircut

e. imagine Clark Peters saying "You ought to be using PowerBI for that" and "We'll need to grant that team licenses" and that is my life

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Mad Dog’s challenging me for president, and he’s already got the black vote: Earl. And the gay vote: Earl.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Song For The Deaf posted:

Mad Dog’s challenging me for president, and he’s already got the black vote: Earl. And the gay vote: Earl.

Theres only one man id take a bullet for, and hes home cookin my supper!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

snack eater posted:

it takes a long time to make those animated movies

maybe an animator inside joke who had a friend working on the movie too?

e: Brad Bird was a creative consultant on KotH

I figured it would have been something like that.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

I think I said it before itt but the guy who administers my work's Office 365 poo poo sounds exactly like a grown up Clark Peters with a worse haircut

e. imagine Clark Peters saying "You ought to be using PowerBI for that" and "We'll need to grant that team licenses" and that is my life

Would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fucks sake. I forgot Peggy gets suckered into multi level marketing twice.