Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Neeko seems to be built to be a jungler which was my assumption rather than a midlaner. It's main trait makes it for ganking than laning and I expect that's where it will end up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

They said she was being played internally as either mid or support. Despite how her abilities are seemingly advertised in the video they aren't intending for her to be a jungler, although they "won't try to stop" anyone who tries to make it work.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Would be cool if as a jungle you could cloak as the enemy jungle and gank a lane and the opposing player thinks they are getting a gank when in reality they are getting ganked.

Like say cloaking as a enemy jungle reveals your position on the minimap and gently caress over people who aren't paying attention like a Team Fortress 2 Spy.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Epic mind games when you're pretending to be the 1,300 max hp jungler with a full item when youre actually the 900 hp support with blue knife

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

well mid lane is a ganking role too if you're playing it correctly

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

well mid lane is a ganking role too if you're playing it correctly

no one told my mids

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nook posted:

They said she was being played internally as either mid or support. Despite how her abilities are seemingly advertised in the video they aren't intending for her to be a jungler, although they "won't try to stop" anyone who tries to make it work.

boom pog the loving boy coming through no information looks at the champion and instantly deduces the correct roles right again :hellyeah: :slick: call me pog copperfield this is magic right here

E: celebration about being right yet again aside, jungle is her worst role for passive because your best copy is the jungler. if you, jungle neeko copy the top lane ornn, nobody is going to buy it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
She could probably mesh well with Aurelion Sol or LeBlanc mid from support for players who really like to roam

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Its cool how expectations didn't meet reality at all. Wow theyre finally adding Rubick, wow theyre adding Arc Warden the Arc Warden from Dota 2 ---> wow you can make yourself look like leblanc

Malah
May 18, 2015

This is the most lackluster preseason patch I've ever seen. This champion isn't impressive either - she's Lulu that tricks people who don't read the map. At this point they've given up the ghost of giving a poo poo about anything except their esports thirst.

At least they're finally doing something about Taliyah.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Shes just lux with a different ultimate and they swapped Q and W

e: and the stun is better because its bigger AoE and presumably has infinite targets

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Riot has no idea what balancing is. They either change 15 champions and 30 items at once, or they don't do hardly anything.

Melandor
Apr 28, 2007

She isn't like either of those champions at all...

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Shes just xerath but with invis and a different ult.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Shes not like lulu at all but she does have 2/4 of both lux' and xerath's spells

e: but they're better because its a newer champ

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Vermain posted:

Neeko is the first canonically openly gay champ and also has about one trillion voice lines.

Do you know where this was confirmed? I'm curious (since technically varus sort of is the first but it's done very obliquely). Is it her story?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

RealFoxy posted:

Riot has no idea what balancing is. They either change 15 champions and 30 items at once, or they don't do hardly anything.

im pretty sure they said the preseason patches are gonna come in waves, calm down dude. the way you're putting it there's like absolutely no way you'll be happy at all

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
She looks like a glass cannon caster Wukong and I love champs with those kinds of bullshit visual fuckery abilities. There should be more tricksy champs. I've long pondered a champion whose trick would be to blend in with minions of either colour by throwing on a robe when they get near (and thereby dropping off the map except as a minion dot)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the changes to turrets and minions are pretty impactful even if they're not adding a billion items or reworking the jungle like usual

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they shelved those bruiser items from before and planned to release them this preseason i think

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Transient People posted:

Do you know where this was confirmed? I'm curious (since technically varus sort of is the first but it's done very obliquely). Is it her story?
https://twitter.com/thatmattdunn/status/1064613909074595841

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
patch notes: celerity is bad now, Ashe is meta

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Oh did the patch drop?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Oh did the patch drop?

https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-823-notes

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I would very strongly recommend avoiding reading anything even tangentially related to League of Legends on reddit or twitter or wherever for the next week or so, the chuds are gonna be frothing at the mouth.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

I would very strongly recommend avoiding reading anything even tangentially related to League of Legends on reddit or twitter or wherever for the next week or so, the chuds are gonna be frothing at the mouth.

Huh? Why?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The majority of League's playerbase are vocal angry straight nerds and the new champion is gay.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
From personal experience in the last weeks of the season, not a single drat one of you fuckos below challenger can go after the right leblanc when she splits even if she has a dozen different particle effects and buffs and debuff icons floating over the real one, Neeko will either be impossible for people in the lower rankings to spot the differences in clones or it will train people to get better at dealing with leblanc and shaco when they split, wouldn't surprise me if leblanc goes down 1% winrate over time just by people finally learning how to spot a clone.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Marin Karin posted:

The majority of League's playerbase are vocal angry straight nerds and the new champion is gay.

Yeah but she's a lady so they'll probably just swoon over her.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I haven't seen anywhere mention it except here.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Wow ez is busted. His changes are enormous. 30 base and .2 ratio on his W added, and R no longer has damage falloff. Double tear into hat gonna be op as poo poo lol

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CODChimera posted:

I haven't seen anywhere mention it except here.

She is the Curious champion after all.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Yellow

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Q is essentially morgana W, puddle that increases in damage longer your in it.
W is on-demand short Leblanc passive with a attached 3 hit auto damage boost
E is morgana/lux Q with the multi-target hit of lux but the long duration and width of morgana.
R is [insert screenwide AOE CC circle of death here] mix between amumu and zyra ults.

Look forward to playing "Guess which is the real Blitzcrank" while sieging towers.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 20, 2018

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Wow ez is busted. His changes are enormous. 30 base and .2 ratio on his W added, and R no longer has damage falloff. Double tear into hat gonna be op as poo poo lol

I play him a lot and thought he was kinda busted before this so hoping this doesn't push him over the edge. Seeing some bans already though...

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

CODChimera posted:

I play him a lot and thought he was kinda busted before this so hoping this doesn't push him over the edge. Seeing some bans already though...

There's no chance ez isn't broken now

his R is basically a win teamfight butan

650 + 0.9 AP damage to 3+ targets is batshit insane

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Ezreal; the Bad Champion for People who Hate Fun.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

From personal experience in the last weeks of the season, not a single drat one of you fuckos below challenger can go after the right leblanc when she splits even if she has a dozen different particle effects and buffs and debuff icons floating over the real one, Neeko will either be impossible for people in the lower rankings to spot the differences in clones or it will train people to get better at dealing with leblanc and shaco when they split, wouldn't surprise me if leblanc goes down 1% winrate over time just by people finally learning how to spot a clone.

I'd like to just argue its a poo poo mechanic but the truth is more I just suck and am one of those people who always pick the wrong one.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Isn't Varus now literally two gay men locked together in one body? Albeit along with an ancient possessed weapon's spirit, but yes.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

I'd like to just argue its a poo poo mechanic but the truth is more I just suck and am one of those people who always pick the wrong one.

If Leblanc has a potion running, watch for those particle effects covering her, the clone won't have it.