Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Sid Vicious posted:

Happy birthday I hope you are able to find a new job in your area of expertise

Thank you goon, that actually made me feel better :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Happy birthday!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Thanks a lot facebook memories for bringing up a real special moment between me and my ex from 7 years ago. Thanks for the feels.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Easy solution, stop using facebook

I work at UPS and pick off packages on a conveyor belt to send them down the corresponding chutes to trucks below. Well one of the drivers somehow managed to tear the rear trailer doors off of the trailer he was pulling off, resulting in them taking this truck with about a thousand boxes in it back around to the unload and sending all of it right back at me again in one big shotgun blast of cardboard to be sorted into a replacement truck. So I had to sort through an entire truck's worth of poo poo a second time right at the end of the night when I was getting ready to go home after a long day. Good poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Thin Privilege posted:

Lost my job, and plus my best friend didn't even send me a "happy birthday" text. Same day. Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday. I know it's not the same from an internet stranger, but it's better than nothing at all :shobon: I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to hear it from the person I want to hear it from the most.

I'm sure everything will get better.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Happy birthday. I know it's not the same from an internet stranger, but it's better than nothing at all :shobon: I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to hear it from the person I want to hear it from the most.

I'm sure everything will get better.

Thanks <3

The person I really wanted to hear it from sent me the birthday song by 2 chainz. Like ok. Just say "happy birthday" and get on with your day. I know you have a really weird sense of humor but that's just not right. I didn't even respond.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Biplane posted:

Thanks a lot facebook memories for bringing up a real special moment between me and my ex from 7 years ago. Thanks for the feels.

That's your own fault for not deleting them.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Thin Privilege posted:

Thanks <3

The person I really wanted to hear it from sent me the birthday song by 2 chainz. Like ok. Just say "happy birthday" and get on with your day. I know you have a really weird sense of humor but that's just not right. I didn't even respond.

You just reminded me of the year literally everyone in my immediate family forgot my Dad's birthday because we were all busy. I made up for it on their anniversary that year, it was their Pearl Anniversary so I got my Dad some nice Mother-of-Pearl cufflinks that he wore to a wedding :3:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Biplane posted:

The ones with comments from dead relatives always suck too.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I made a legitimate mistake today and I got poo poo for it, probably going to be pulled aside and be reprimanded for it. So little bloody gratitude in retail, constant demand to work 30-60 extra minutes each day, fill in 1-2 shifts extra a week plus I get extremely few benefits since I work a "20" (more like 60) percent job. I also work late all the time.

I do one little thing wrong and I get poo poo for it, man I need to find a new job.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Getting out of retail will be the single greatest life change you can make for yourself.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Does it transfer to anything?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, as with anything else you'll get used to what ever new job you have and start to find things wrong with it as well. But trust me, even though you'll be sick of "office politics" or "not being able to make strong coffee" or "Donna's goddamned perfume" it will still be better than working 12 hour days with a 30 minute lunch that will inevitably be interrupted 10 minutes in because they need you on the floor or something.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Solice Kirsk posted:

Eh, as with anything else you'll get used to what ever new job you have and start to find things wrong with it as well. But trust me, even though you'll be sick of "office politics" or "not being able to make strong coffee" or "Donna's goddamned perfume" it will still be better than working 12 hour days with a 30 minute lunch that will inevitably be interrupted 10 minutes in because they need you on the floor or something.

At least for me that is 8 and a half hours.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You could try switching to a union-based starting rung job like loading/unloading at UPS or such, which at least provide some semblance of employee protection once you get into the union, but retail unfortunately only provides suffering and not much else.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

In the US I know you can be legally fired for no reason with little or no consequences in most states. However, luckily I have rights so I can technically tell them to gently caress off if they ask me to work beyond my percentage, but I need that money. I think the most important lesson here is that you do the minimum required if it is a job, as compared to a career. It can only lead to a more sad life. Finally allowed myself to ask for a vacation and it will be awesome to be gone for a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gsFXZSxEr8

Midig has a new favorite as of 01:35 on Nov 20, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My goddamn hip is acting up again. I've been needing to do stretches because my hip keeps spontaneously cramping as I used to have terrible posture, but thought that the gym would be enough to keep it limber. Apparently not. I had a bad cramp this morning and tried to stretch it out the usual way, but it looks like I'll need to do it multiple times as it's being stubborn today, which made the gym much harder. I was only able to do a kilometer on the treadmill, which isn't bad but when my leg is behaving I can do way better than that. Hopefully after work and a few more stretches it'll feel better.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
What up fellow bad hip haver! My left hip is almost constantly in pain. And when it’s not hurting it’s either tingly numb, like when a limb falls asleep, or at the very least completely uncomfortable. If I’m lying down it’s not too bad, if I’m up on my feet it’s ehh.. manageable. Any type of sitting sucks. Fortunately I don’t have a desk job. Surgery is most likely going to be necessary sometime in the next few years.

But that’s not why today sucks. Today is lovely because both my wife and son are in the hospital. My son suffered near total renal failure due to sepsis caused by food poisoning and dehydration. The cultures haven’t come back yet, but it’s looking like the recent E Coli breakout on romaine lettuce might have been the potential cause. It’s loving crazy how fast something like that can happen. He ate at a restaurant Sunday evening with some friends, early Monday morning around 5:45 or so he comes into our room saying he thinks he needs to go to the hospital. Which turned out to be the understatement of the year. I had no idea something like this could happen so fast.

My wife slipped off a step stool and cut her elbow Sunday evening. She didn’t say anything about it to me, so it never got bandaged or cleansed properly. The wound was basically ignored while we were scrambling around hoping our son wasn’t going to die. She’s now in a hospital bed with drainage tubes coming out her arm and IV antibiotics going in. Bursitis in the elbow, infection spreading up the arm in those scary as hell red lines.

The doctors say they’re both going to be fine, responding to treatment nicely and so on. But drat, once again I’m just amazed at how quickly these things can happen to otherwise very healthy people. Lesson to be learned here, wash, store and prep your food properly. Cleanse and bandage your wounds even if they appear to be minor. If this had been a hundred years ago my son would probably be dead and my wife currently getting her arm sawn off.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Found out someone I've been friends with for 5 years got reported for discrimination at her job because she told someone we know she's a sinner for being a lesbian and needs to "work on that to be saved". I had no clue she felt that way because we've known numerous lgbtq+ people and she never brought her true feelings up. This mutual friend just had a huge falling out with her own Catholic family over the same thing and now I'm just really loving pissed off.

Now I'm just trying to be the best mom friend I can to my gay friend, especially because I'm now into month #9 of my mom not talking to me because I didn't text her when my doctor sent me to a hospital for a non-emergency procedure so we're kindred spirits with lovely families.

Why do people have to suck so much.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spent my thanksgiving dinner with just my parents since the rest of my family is spread far apart or whatever. But instead of having a nice but quiet dinner with my parents, my sex pest neighbor came over and ate with us at the table in near silence. It was so awkward having the guy who sexually harasses you be the only other guest at the table. I didn't even eat any holiday fare, or anything at all really, because the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. My dad has no idea what kind of person this family friend really is, so now it seems like I was just acting pissy for no reason. Oh well.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I guess I shoulda just stayed home.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Teachnically 2 days ago. At work. Threw up in sink in front of everyone. Stumbling around like a drunk (I wasn't). Overheard area manager laughing about it and my store manager saying "it isn't funny." (Area manager hates me). Taken away from work by ambulance. Had no goddamn clue where I was when I was conscious enough to see the world.

Good times.

E: and the store and area manager didn't even text me like, "are you ok?" The only person who contacted me was a coworker who I'm not like, friends with outside of work but we're cool/real friendly at work.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:29 on Nov 24, 2018

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

A coworker said she was going to quit in about a week, that is not fast enough. Not having to hear her sing(yell) is going to be pretty awesome.

Midig has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Nov 25, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My relief is an hour and a half late and I'm about to lose my poo poo

E:4 hours now. I am in the process of losing my poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Nov 25, 2018

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Has he arrived yet?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

NOPE!
:shepicide:

On the bright side, they have in fact found someone to relieve me. When the next shift starts.
In two hours. So I have basically had a 16 hour shift sprung on me. Thank gently caress I wasn't particularly thirsty after my patrols and still have a lot of water left or I would be even more livid.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Nov 25, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My schedule for next week is basically 4:30 pm to 4:30 am each day, except friday, which is 4pm to probably 4:30 am. Christmas shipping time can suck it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Home at last. Relieved by a Jason Momoa lookin' motherfucker, even had the beard. Good, strong handshake.

Someone ate the last of the leftover stuffing. :negative: no comfort food before bed for me.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I hope you got payed at least double for the extra work.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Double pay is a myth and a lie; if it didn't happen on a holiday, you get your normal pay and you'll like it.
The one upside is there is zero chance of me being called in to cover any shifts now, as 24 hours a week is my maximum. They may be assholes in other ways but they've been great about respecting the hourly limit my disability benefits enforces.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Ok, well free time then, just trying to point out the positive. :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol well if Ukraine and Russia go to war then that'll manage to upend my lovely work schedule for lovely thing of the day I guess

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The VA dropped my medical coverage they told me I was fully eligible for 2 weeks ago because I made too much money this year. I made too much money this year because my mom died and we had to sell her house because we couldn't afford the mortgage.

e: also I can't use most of that money yet because of unsettled estate/debt/tax poo poo

Dave Grool has a new favorite as of 05:17 on Nov 28, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I have a bad cold so was up at 1am throwing up everything I ate the previous night. Also I tried to feel less cold by putting a dressing gown on, but it made me overheat and collapse briefly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Today is the first day of a little 5 day "staycation" and I woke up dog sick. I've been drifting in and out of sleep and hoping I can make a date I have tonight. I know I'm gonna wind up having to cancel, and canceling on a first date is almost always a deal killer. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

On a brighter note I figured out how to play on my phone with out having any part of my arms/hands outside of the blankets, but my head still outside. Small victories and all that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Literally minutes before I was headed to my lunch break I got into a minor altercation with a driver at work and his superior immediately rushed over shouting and sided with him, doing the threaten-your-job-to-shut-you-up thing that lovely bosses do and belittled the job I do, despite the other guy being just as much at fault(and not being able to actually threaten my job). And then I stewed on it all through my lunch break because of course.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Well the day started off good, I had sex but I pulled some muscle in my leg. Ok fine. But that partially plays into what happened next. I was going to a concert of one of my favorite bands at a venue I (no longer, now) loved. For whatever stupid reason I decided to wear galoshes with no insoles cause there was some snow, not a lot. I didn't think to wear my work shoes which have insoles and I can stand in them for over 12 hours with NO pain whatsoever.

Anyways the show started at 6:30. The opening bands were ok but not great but whatever. Then my band comes on and everyone is drunk and some middle age guys start loudly talking about their middle school girlfriends or some other drunk poo poo. Also a bunch of people were making out. So I moved far away. About halfway through the show (11pm I guess?) I started to feel like I was going to die. It was hot in there. And I mean HOT. Like 100 degrees with no air circulation. I had already drank 2 bottles of water but I literally felt like I was gonna fall over onto the floor, so I had to go to the bar and buy another $5 bottle of water. I couldn't take off my sweater but I was blowing it up and down to get some air but it didn't help much. I walked back over to my friend (I left where he earlier was at due to the loud bros) and was like, dying, and some drunk guy even offered to get me a water. Then I crouched on the floor and my legs were shaking like crazy, likely partially due to sex earlier in the day but also the heat and dehydration. And this part happened during one of my favorite songs. Wonderful!

Furthermore, I'm short as gently caress and didn't think about that so I could barely see the band. And I knew I should have gone closer up in the beginning cause I could have gotten in the third row but I dunno I was tired and foggy-headed, likely from the sex. So a ton of tall people were in front of me, I couldn't see well even with standing on my toes, so at points I just pulled out my drat phone and held it up and zoomed in!

Finally, I wore a light jacket meant for like, early summer, and when I was waking back home I was FREEZING and also collapsed on my floor. Also still shaking. I ate some salt and drank a little water and then felt ok enough to go to the grocery store to get some Gatorade.

Tl;dr my favorite bands concert was ruined by it being crazy hot so I got heat shock or something, and there were too many extremely obnoxious and also lots of tall people so I couldn't see and was also very irritated by the drunks.

I am NEVER going to that venue again.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 08:15 on Dec 1, 2018

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm frustrated because my state health coverage is going to be pulled on the 2nd because I make too much money through my disability social security money, so the assistance office was kind enough to mail me a letter explaining that this income disqualified me from being able to use their insurance, but that they noticed that I am on social security disability and I can easily get insurance if I apply that way.

So they recognized where my money was coming from, took me off of the insurance because they said that amount was too high, and then told me that I'm eligible for the insurance because I'm receiving the money that disqualified me from it. I can't even use a phone because I'm broken so my designated person-who-uses-the-phone-for-me-because-I'm-broken person called in but my caseworker was absent and the person covering her position was just giving a ton of attitude and yelling over the phone about how she can't do anything about this and that she was just asked to cover the position while the caseworker is out.

The caseworker comes back on Monday, but my fiancee leaves on Sunday and since she's the phone person, I'm just

sorry, I know it sounds dumb as hell to be afraid of talking on phones, I'm just a jackass who has a lovely phobia or whatever you would call it at that point and I'm super frustrated. I hope I don't run out of any pills before this mess gets fixed because if I do, some of those pills keep me alive and if I ran out then I would be at significant risk to having a seizure and on top of that the social security would notice if I don't have pills and healthcare so they would deem that I'm only disabled because I'm not compliant with the medication and I'd be removed from the social security.

Basically I'm frustrated and annoyed and I believe things will go about as smoothly as things like this can go but I wish this kinda poo poo wouldn't happen because it's goddamned tiring as hell and it's hard to deal with when I'm already super tired all the time.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Stupid earthquake left me without power all day, and the dumbass ground keeps shakin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh and some tonsil stones decided to come out during that concert; first a big one, which was ok cause it came out pretty easy. But then there's little chunks that you feel and want to get out so you try but then you start gagging cause they won't come out. I can't even describe the feeling. And I'm coughing all the time cause of it. And then they come out randomly. I almost threw up my medicine cause of this poo poo.

I've been getting more recently and it's loving disgusting because they smell horrific.