Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

You didn't ask for it, but I filmed my first attempt at playing 3.3.5 anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhHOKXRLInU

OCS? More like: Oh, BS! Am I rite gais? ... Guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

quote:

The MixMaster, for example, accesses an array of beverages to formulate its drinks, but the quality of each individual component is dependent upon its source. Restock your supplies at a city known more for industrial manufacturing than fine liquors and more discerning passengers will certainly notice – regardless of whether you portioned everything out perfectly – and take that into account when determining their overall level of satisfaction with your flight, which will in turn affect your reputation.

Go the extra mile and purchase your liquors at an obscure moon off the beaten path – which might take a bit longer, and cost a bit more – and you’ll find that it’s a bit easier to maintain a sterling reputation given how ecstatic your passengers will be at the high quality drinks you’re serving in flight.

Movies are even more distinctive. Every Passenger Transport has a MovieBank in its hardware room – next to the ICES blades – that can store a fixed number of movies and that makes them available to passengers via their ICES projector. Movies are classified as either classic or modern, and all have a popularity rating that denotes how attractive they are to travelers as an entertainment option. The popularity of a modern movie declines over time, so that reliance upon them means continually seeking out newer releases and updating your library. Classic movies retain their popularity in perpetuity, but finding one that’s extremely popular is much more difficult.

Passengers consider the total popularity value of a movie library – as well as the percentage of the flight for which they had access to it, as a malfunctioning ICES device can completely eradicate the benefits of a solid movie library – when calculating how pleased they were with the overall level of entertainment options on the flight.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Amazing. The whole thread is amazing.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/JNUBUaH.gifv

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beet Wagon posted:

So yah, 3.3.5 looks like it has throughly owned us. And once you clipped through the map your fps was solid as heck.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Is the game out yet?

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

That's... that's a joke site, right? Kudos to them, looks like the real deal, though the joke falls flat - it's way too out there to work as a parody.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

High fidelity, fully persistent, sci-fi themed MMO with 1000 simultaneous players in Unreal Engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Em5j-VIYQ0

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
You can always tell what the Citizens are scared of by what they're accusing Elite Dangerous of doing. Always.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Why does he have such a hate-on for Elite? This is venturing into hardcore projection territory

He's a broke-brained imbecile is why. Just look at his other posts in non-video game subreddits.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Beet Wagon posted:

Ship it!

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
I am ready for another night of DESTROY STAR CITIZENing.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mu77ley posted:

He's a broke-brained imbecile is why. Just look at his other posts in non-video game subreddits.

Looks at people's posts in other subs is a good way of telling if they are simply too deeply invested in SC or whether they are completely hosed in the head. Usually though, the hardcore backers who you can have a good discussion with are pretty normal outside of the SC sub. The ones who defend strongest though and are quick to jump to insults should someone criticize SC also tend to be equally broke brained in other subs.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr Fronts posted:

I am ready for another night of DESTROY STAR CITIZENing.

Waiting for the free-fly weekend and will give it a go.

I'll try and give it a fair bash, although not sure my comp will handle it that well.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just signing up. What is this idiocy?

Login, handle, and community moniker must all be different?

Which tosspot decided on that?

EDIT: oh, just realized, i can take part in debates on Speculum now!

quote:

Account Agony Aunt (AgonyAunt) activated!

Your account is now activated. We took the liberty to log you in. Please consider supporting Star Citizen with a PLEDGE.

LOL, i'll take a hard pass on that pledge thanks.

By the way, whoever has control of the goon org for SC, send me an invite.

Agony Aunt fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 20, 2018

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Hang on a minute.
Posting on the Wide World Web using a nickname has a credibility score?
FFS, why wasn't I told this.
Mr Berners-Lee, you have some explaining to do mister.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

There is nothing shameful about self awarneness.
Well done Vertichoke.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Sarsapariller posted:

The number one rule of being angry on the internet is that ..................................

Only 10 year olds get angry on the internet.

Quote the gently caress out of this.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Looks at people's posts in other subs is a good way of telling if they are simply too deeply invested in SC or whether they are completely hosed in the head. Usually though, the hardcore backers who you can have a good discussion with are pretty normal outside of the SC sub. The ones who defend strongest though and are quick to jump to insults should someone criticize SC also tend to be equally broke brained in other subs.

I specifically like they way he claims DBOBE only added the whole space legs idea to the Kickstarter to try and compete with Star Citizen. I mean he'd only been talking about that being his vision for Elite 4 in interviews since the early 2000s...

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Charlie Hall posted:

The ambitious Star Citizen project passed a major milestone last week when it pushed out a new update on its live alpha servers. To celebrate, the team at Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) is making its multiplayer game free to play from Nov. 23 through Nov. 30. Most importantly, it’s also making every one of the 80-plus flyable in-game ships free to fly. The team tells Polygon that’s roughly $9,000 worth of ships at the current retail price on its crowdfunding storefront.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
$9000-cost is not the same as $9000-worth.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Plot twist: Cobra1984 is Derek Smart.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Gort posted:

$9000-cost is not the same as $9000-worth.

Kosani
Jun 30, 2004
Ni ni.
I didn't read all 5446 pages of the thread, is the consensus that people are actually playing the game now and is it worth trying out?

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

r/starcitizen is starting to eat their own

:yeshaha:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kosani posted:

I didn't read all 5446 pages of the thread, is the consensus that people are actually playing the game now and is it worth trying out?

game is bad but there's a free fly event starting this friday

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
lol

Never change Charlie

Kosani
Jun 30, 2004
Ni ni.

Daztek posted:

game is bad but there's a free fly event starting this friday

Cool, I might check it out then. :)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Pure gaming magnificence. Even our Warlord commented on it.

Do find it funny the only comment calling you a dirty refunder has the highest amount of upvotes.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Rugganovich posted:

Mr Berners-Lee, you have some explaining to do mister.

That’s Sir Timothy to you, prole

Which reminds me, is SC selling titles of nobility yet?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
:laffo: I was going to post this as an unattributed quote again, but it's just too great.

Background: This guy is a serious idiot on a forum for former EVE Online players who was defending Scam Shitizen and Clown Robbers for years. Everyone who criticized the game didn't understand game development, did it to be edgy and cool, was a Derek Smart lover, or all of those things:

quote:

Ok, logged into PTU.

I was positive towards the game for the most part so far, but if THIS is the design they're going for i loving hate it.

Empty pointless city, tens of minutes of getting lost and walking around for zero gameplay value, just to shove your pretty models at me? gently caress off. Not what I gave you money for you cunts.

I sure love walking around aimlessly and taking the metro in my space shooty games yo!

Love how they dont even give you a clear map or anything. This is such awful design it's giving me an aneurysm.

quote:

I see it as a clear display of intent in their design bringing out the dire issues with the player experience. Also utter incompetence at designing a good intuitive experience. Some of the core issues that have been with the game forever that are just getting more obvious. I love how they cant even manage to give you a reminder for which hangar your ship is in anywhere if you get in queue for a slot (really, such a massive city has only a couple hangars and you cant get your ship?). It's been like this for as long as i remember. Or a simple easy to navigate map for places. The UI is loving awful and will stay awful because the chief moron in charge doesnt realize it just doesnt work and is completely committed to this design mess.

"sandbox" is such a lovely copout term by now. loving excuse for lovely gameplay design because "players can make their own fun".

I've been positive for plenty a long time with this but they're taking the piss with some of their design decisions and have given no indication fixing it at any point.

Yes. This is all news and totally surprising. There was no indication for the past six 3-4 (to be fair) years that this is where the idiots at CIG are going. None at all. And suddenly it sucks. :psyduck:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MedicineHut posted:

Plot twist: Cobra1984 is Derek Smart.

Can't be, not enough links.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kosani posted:

Definely. Please record and post unedited footage of your "gameplay"!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

MassivelyOP: Star Citizen’s Chris Roberts: ‘No one is attempting to do what we are doing’

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

orcane posted:

:laffo: I was going to post this as an unattributed quote again, but it's just too great.

Background: This guy is a serious idiot on a forum for former EVE Online players who was defending Scam Shitizen and Clown Robbers for years. Everyone who criticized the game didn't understand game development, did it to be edgy and cool, was a Derek Smart lover, or all of those things:

Yes. This is all news and totally surprising. There was no indication for the past six 3-4 (to be fair) years that this is where the idiots at CIG are going. None at all. And suddenly it sucks. :psyduck:

I guess he doesn't understand fidelity development.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"No one is attempting to do what we are doing" - there might be very good reasons why that is Chris! Most game companies have at least a sembelance of sanity.

As for that Oleg guy, he's got some serious issues. Kudos to the other guy for giving a good example how to interact with critics.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

CIG never did steal cryengine, they actual ripped off PowerPoint.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

I guess he doesn't understand fidelity development.
I could almost understand thinking everything is going to be great right until the first "shove PU out the door and stop refunds" release. Maybe they were really working on the modules to put together soon(TM), maybe they really had a plan and just weren't ready to show it and maybe the final revisions to the flight model and whatnot would turn out great.

But if you still thought that after the release of the "social" module and then the "baby PU" (what was that, alpha 2.0?), that's on you.