Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yep. Just keep spamming and put up filters for the items you're selling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I killed my first Hydrolyst last night with goons. Issue was, I don't think I properly communicated that it was the first. I mean, I'd done the second guy and it wasn't so bad, and I had the right build and amp, but my god, it wasn't a simple as that. So I'm sorry, goon friends that I baited into it, and thanks for the patience.

With the proper disclaimer now in place, is anyone looking to do some kind of semi regular Tri capping? I feel like I'm going to need my operator to be in a good place at some point and I really don't want to spam Adaro. I'd quite like to properly learn the ropes and start doing it to get some arcanes too, but I don't know if anyone is still doing it.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Even though I'm almost mastery rank 25 I've never murked the 2nd or 3rd Eidolon. I enjoy fighting Terry quite a bit but I guess it's a nervousness thing about going on.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Spudd posted:

Even though I'm almost mastery rank 25 I've never murked the 2nd or 3rd Eidolon. I enjoy fighting Terry quite a bit but I guess it's a nervousness thing about going on.

:same:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Folks I've popped a cyst on my warframe's neck and used the juice to grow some kind of a bug dog. Please advise best course of action, over.

Its name is Lulabelle.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Spudd posted:

how i got dragged to 3rd form eidolon is goons started a chilldolons run and then just kept going to the 3rd form.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Chill dolons best dolons.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nessus posted:

Folks I've popped a cyst on my warframe's neck and used the juice to grow some kind of a bug dog. Please advise best course of action, over.

Its name is Lulabelle.

Pet the infesdog. Also build them as a stone cold murder machine.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Seriously, they're tanky as all hell and can hit like a truck. I need to get my hands on some of the new companion mods, and I'm looking forward to the Helminth set that's upcoming.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

njsykora posted:

Pet the infesdog. Also build them as a stone cold murder machine.
How do I make this bug dog - which, I will add, I did not expect to receive and which I gather was transmitted to me like a social disease from some pubbie - into a powerful slayer of grineers and corpuses? I have another, less intriguing dog in storage who I only experimented briefly with.

e: Will it be possible for me to grow a bug cat? Will this dog eventually die if I stop spending money on DNA juice for it?

Nessus fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 20, 2018

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Feed your freakish hell mutt like thirty forma to make it big and strong.

I unironically love investing into my pets but gosh they're a lot. I also rather wish they'd get their attacks separated out into another item, especially now that we have the dualstat fang mods for them.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

GenericOverusedName posted:

Feed your freakish hell mutt like thirty forma to make it big and strong.

I unironically love investing into my pets but gosh they're a lot. I also rather wish they'd get their attacks separated out into another item, especially now that we have the dualstat fang mods for them.

This really needs to happen yeah. Kavats and Kubrow have FAR too many things competing for mod space.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

To me chilldolons means going for a tridolon but not super tryharding for a 3x5 night cycle.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

And Tyler Too! posted:

To me chilldolons means going for a tridolon but not super tryharding for a 3x5 night cycle.

Yeah, a chilldolon is a tridolon run but without the rage that comes from say, your Chroma forgetting to equip their sniper.

I may have done that on my first tridolon.

Nessus posted:

e: Will it be possible for me to grow a bug cat? Will this dog eventually die if I stop spending money on DNA juice for it?

There is not an infested cat yet, but the dog won't die if you stop feeding it not-die juice. If its health drops too low it'll be automatically put into stasis. There's an augment part for the incubator you can get (I think from the Tenno Lab in the clan dojo) that massively reduces the cost of those as well, and makes them restore more health.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

njsykora posted:

There is not an infested cat yet, but the dog won't die if you stop feeding it not-die juice. If its health drops too low it'll be automatically put into stasis. There's an augment part for the incubator you can get (I think from the Tenno Lab in the clan dojo) that massively reduces the cost of those as well, and makes them restore more health.
I think I saw that, now I have a reason to pick it up! I think I may have already in fact, but I also think it needed more loving plastids.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
recently building parts for excal currently. i'm just curious how he plays considering what i've seen other excal players do.

also he got a cute butt

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

What's the best way to get a learning group for tridolons? I technically have all the frames but my one try was terrible lol

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

njsykora posted:

None of the pets die anymore, and the not-die injectors are like, 5000 credits for 6. Didn't they used to cost plat?

e; Not plat. They were 75k credits, without the incubator upgrade.

Hobold fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 20, 2018

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Fruity20 posted:

recently building parts for excal currently. i'm just curious how he plays considering what i've seen other excal players do.

also he got a cute butt
He severely spoiled me by being too much fun. His genjiblade straight up feels like they accidentally put the decimal dot of some damage value in the wrong place, and i haven't even bothered to seek out particular build mods for it. his butt stays extremely powerful, Dr ziegler would be proud

Then again i'm getting Rhino in a few hours and people tell me that thing is basically an invincibility autopilot cheat to pluto so i'm probably just speaking from a very limited perspective.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 20, 2018

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Doing some more building for my Valkyr Prime, came up with this setup:

https://goo.gl/SYF8rm

How does it look? Anything I should be dropping? Any idiot mistakes I'm overlooking?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

He severely spoiled me by being too much fun. His genjiblade straight up feels like they accidentally put the decimal dot of some damage value in the wrong place, and i haven't even bothered to seek out particular build mods for it. his butt stays extremely powerful, Dr ziegler would be proud

Then again i'm getting Rhino in a few hours and people tell me that thing is basically an invincibility autopilot cheat to pluto so i'm probably just speaking from a very limited perspective.

One of the greatest parts of Warframe is the way almost everything in it can be overpowered as hell. I think that's one of the reasons the game being 'easy' doesn't cause it problems; so much of WF is about how you feel like being a crazy acrobatic ninja demigod. Like let's just look at frames based around being hard to kill. You've got a giant invincible battering ram covered in armor (Rhino), an undying, regenerating biological horror (Nidus), and a cool as hell mummy who turns people to sand and eats them (Inaros). All three are great! It's up to you how you want to be a tank and they all feel great to play.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Easy things can be fun, just look at Spyro. I think the key is being a collectathon.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I absolutely agree; I think Warframe's relative ease is actually really important to its design and makes it a better game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Although to be honest, I think Warframe could use some super sorties.
Just take the same idea as current sorties and make it a lvl100 to lvl160 type of deal so that it would strain the arsenals of MR20+ players at least a little bit.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Super High Level content in this game can be a really dicey prospect due to the nature of the game. To make stuff a challenge you really have to make it bullshit levels of damage or an objective that's easy to fail, and that just isn't fun with the pickup-group nature of the game and the fact that power levels can vary so much between characters with outwardly similar playtime and equipment.

I mean, there's a reason they took out raids after all, it just doesn't mesh with what WF does well, but if a group does want a challenge then trying to survive till x wave of arbys or whatever is at least an option.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They did just add Arbitrations recently, a new mode for people who've completed the starchart. They're pretty challenging and can get pretty high level. Not 160 unless you're a total monster, but still pretty good if you want to test your war criminal tools out.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Basically all the content in WF can be trivialised until it becomes impossible and the line between trivial and impossible is really thin.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Echophonic posted:

They did just add Arbitrations recently, a new mode for people who've completed the starchart. They're pretty challenging and can get pretty high level. Not 160 unless you're a total monster, but still pretty good if you want to test your war criminal tools out.

The problem with Arbitrarions is that the specific way that they add difficulty is somewhat exclusionary.

Exalted weapon frames kind of suck rear end at Arbitrations even if they could otherwise handle level 200 bombards.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Pretty sure that's specifically why they did it the way they did. They've been talking about wanting different types of new content to be skewed towards different types of frames. Arbitrations are supposed to compliment tanks and precision gunplay in the way that Onslaught compliments war criminals and WMDs.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

I think the original 4tuna - pre-nerf was really the difficulty I was looking for.

It wasn't really tough, it just made me actually put in some effort.

I don't mind the bulk of warframe being easy, but I absolutely hate being shoved into low level content.

I hate cracking lith and meso relics - and of course those are the most common ones you get in the first place - but I have no way to crack them open via content that isn't AFKable for me.

I do not want some exclusionary content with uber drops - just a faster way for geared players to get through some of the low tier crap.

It's just silly doing lith exterminations with an equinox where the game is basically "Spawn, press 4, walk to exit." It's not fun for me and it's not fun for anyone grouped with me. If I could crack 3 relics by doing lvl 60 content instead of 1 doing lvl 10 content - I would.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Fruity20 posted:

also he got a cute butt

Do you like anime? Do you hate the third dimension? Then oh boy are you gonna like Excalibur!

Pick up a chromatic blade augment, get to 150%(iirc, it might also be 180) power strength. Exalted blade and its beams now have 100% status chance. Stuff exalted blade with as much elemental damage and crit stuff as you have lying around, along with a condition overload if you have it (you will really want one if you decide you like Excalibur, not required for lower level stuff). Excalibur himself just needs duration/efficiency once you hit the power strength target, tank range. Steel charge will affect his exalted blade damage, but it’s still better to run corpro and be a good comrade.

Go to a mission, pull out exalted blade, and slide melee for a radial blind, which will multiply the damage you do by 8, then swing your sword and do effectively millions of damage to dudes per swing. Be wary of places that are not 2d straight hallways, you might die. Feel free to shoot sword beams through walls, they work like that too. He will auto parry shots from the front, but not from the sides or back, and that’s why he’s a golden god in 2 dimensions.

Unimportant poo poo for Excalibur includes his 1 giving him invuln frames during the dash so you can be tankier that way if you have to, but that poo poo’s for people who aren’t anime protagonist space ninjas.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

FileNotFound posted:

I think the original 4tuna - pre-nerf was really the difficulty I was looking for.

It wasn't really tough, it just made me actually put in some effort.

I don't mind the bulk of warframe being easy, but I absolutely hate being shoved into low level content.

I hate cracking lith and meso relics - and of course those are the most common ones you get in the first place - but I have no way to crack them open via content that isn't AFKable for me.

I do not want some exclusionary content with uber drops - just a faster way for geared players to get through some of the low tier crap.

It's just silly doing lith exterminations with an equinox where the game is basically "Spawn, press 4, walk to exit." It's not fun for me and it's not fun for anyone grouped with me. If I could crack 3 relics by doing lvl 60 content instead of 1 doing lvl 10 content - I would.

I've been solo farming toroids out there for the hell of it, and the window of "Man this is actually challenging/fun" is very tiny, before it gets slammed in my face because something spawned and now half my abilities are locked out.

Giving us an Axi level rift, that we can feed multiple lith/meso relics into would be amazing.

Fixing archwing on the plains, by making them behave like Titania does in razorwing mode, would also be completely amazing. gently caress roll turning.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I "lucked" into a public fissure group doing an M2 Rad Share. Together, we opened 20 Radiant M2 relics.

Every single one was a Dakra Prime Handle.

Every.

Single.

One.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Thats actually pretty impressive.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Hobold posted:

Fixing archwing on the plains, by making them behave like Titania does in razorwing mode, would also be completely amazing. gently caress roll turning.

I very occasionally have my Plains/Orb Vallis archwing controls remove rolling from my controls completely, and the A/D keys strafe just like in non-archwing mode. I have no idea why it happens, and no idea when or why it switches itself back to being able to roll with A/D or circling the mouse around.

:DE: I guess.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Hobold posted:

I've been solo farming toroids out there for the hell of it, and the window of "Man this is actually challenging/fun" is very tiny, before it gets slammed in my face because something spawned and now half my abilities are locked out.

Did an hour of toroid farming with a premade pubbie group of Trinity, nekros, mesa and octavia - and it was really fun and challenging - much more so than Arbys.

With that said, it would have been unmanageable with just 4 random dudes and it did ultimately fall apart as basically it was just nullifies spawning in packs and we got mobbed by them and died due to being unable to use abilities. Which all in all was a lovely and unfun way to die.

Still that's more of an issue of 4tuna starting to scale very rapid, we had lvl 100 mobs 20 minutes in...the base mobs were just right though.

The current end game is basically sorties, arbys and dolons.

Sorties are easy, Arbys are woth doing about 20 times and then just not, and dolons are only a challange if you're trying to push beyond doing 2 a night - and frankly I can barely find it in myself to want to do the 2nd run after doing 3.

I ended up just buying the arcanes I wanted as dolons are not really the 'warframe experience' that I signed up for and to me they get old really really fast.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Regarding the endgame content issue, I think Warframe could benefit a lot from shamelessly copying the one good thing WoW has done in the past ~5 years with its Mythic+ dungeons.

A ~10-15 minute long mission that lets you set the difficulty at the start, with no hard cap on how high you can scale it beyond what you're physically capable of finishing, and a weekly leaderboard with rewards based on what the highest one you finished each week is.

It gives the high end minmaxers something to really sink their teeth into, gives the rest of the players some content that can be as challenging as they want it to be, avoids the problem of something with potentially good/great rewards being endlessly farmable by the best players, you don't need to sit through hours of endless missions to get to the hard stuff, etc.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I very occasionally have my Plains/Orb Vallis archwing controls remove rolling from my controls completely, and the A/D keys strafe just like in non-archwing mode. I have no idea why it happens, and no idea when or why it switches itself back to being able to roll with A/D or circling the mouse around.

:DE: I guess.

If you're in super turbo mode (sprint+jump) you don't get any directional control and left/right instead roll you.

Incidentally, it's also impossible to sprint and move up at the same time in archwing, because that's superturbo lmbo

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

DoombatINC posted:

Pretty sure that's specifically why they did it the way they did. They've been talking about wanting different types of new content to be skewed towards different types of frames. Arbitrations are supposed to compliment tanks and precision gunplay in the way that Onslaught compliments war criminals and WMDs.

Yeah, glass cannons and high risk tactics are completely out in arbitrations, and that's by design. It is currently the one game mode where survivability and good crowd control matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Doing some more building for my Valkyr Prime, came up with this setup:

https://goo.gl/SYF8rm

How does it look? Anything I should be dropping? Any idiot mistakes I'm overlooking?

That looks pretty good.