Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• EU Eat It vs. Save It @ November 24th 15:00 CET
All listed Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Wanna get all the good bits first or get to them after the blander material?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Whoops. Bad post.

If we're expected to label them all, I have a lot of work to do.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's a useful guide. Gonna do that on Flyfish. And I think I'll try to be smarter about my loadouts. I'm only at 130 and I do enjoy SR, but I do feel like I can't get far with random players, as I'm not good enough to carry a team. I do like how it breaks down the idea of who carries and who doesn't. I still need to get better with the splatterscopes and mini-guns though. I'm the guy who can't 1-shot a steel-head.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

jetpackhewy posted:

I did run into someone on here! It didn't turn out well for me. Smiles....
:negative:

haha i thought that mightve been you (the name + nzap clicked) as you were chasing me around the entire map, i didnt think id be running into someone from the US honestly

you mightve won too, id been sucking the entire splatfest (i got a high of 2200+ and after a loss streak ended at 2000+ power, kind of blame all the guac on my hands making my pro controller slippery) but unfortunately for you guys rider was there and as you can see shes a beast

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I never expect to run into anyone in here, so I got excited. As for winning, ehh...it's not that big of a deal, I just wanted to do better on my end.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

You know what? As frustrating as I find some of the Octo missions just having a chance to look at all the cool poo poo in the backgrounds of these levels makes it worthwhile :allears:

Edit: and the chat logs

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 20, 2018

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
And the soundtrack.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

You know what? As frustrating as I find some of the Octo missions just having a chance to look at all the cool poo poo in the backgrounds of these levels makes it worthwhile :allears:

Edit: and the chat logs

These things are all great, but inner agent 3 is a tire fire.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NofrikinfuN posted:

The best advice I can give is to make sure you splat as much turf as you can between each phase, because it slows them down a lot. And make drat-sure you clean up after the Bubbles when they pop ASAP. They claim a lot of turf, and that can get you killed while you're dodging other stuff.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NofrikinfuN posted:

I just did it tonight and my only real complaint is the speed hit once your shield gets busted, if they took that out I think the fight would be perfectly reasonable.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

1500quidpoocati posted:

I just did it tonight and my only real complaint is the speed hit once your shield gets busted, if they took that out I think the fight would be perfectly reasonable.

I was actually thinking the same. I think I managed to get to a fifth phase one time but I choke way too easily and get frustrated. I keep getting stuck on phase three now.

Maybe one day I will have a golden toothpick, but not today. :sigh:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I just tried Girl Power Station a couple of times.

I think I'll come back to this one later :stare:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Hot tip from someone who never thought they'd pull it off: Grab Octobrush and Splashdown, use Splashdown on the pair that come down together and otherwise just beeline at the targets as they come. If you can wipe them out efficiently enough, you will beat the clock.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NofrikinfuN posted:

Hot tip from someone who never thought they'd pull it off: Grab Octobrush and Splashdown, use Splashdown on the pair that come down together and otherwise just beeline at the targets as they come. If you can wipe them out efficiently enough, you will beat the clock.

The easier way to ride out the end is just to shoot the orb with any of the Shooter-types to keep it healed up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Girl Power Station holds up with the same strategy as the rest of singleplayer; you can afford to be super aggressive against Octolings, especially ones with a secondary objectives, you're a lot more durable.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The easier way to ride out the end is just to shoot the orb with any of the Shooter-types to keep it healed up.

I always got overwhelmed like this. They seem a lot more adept at dodging shooter types and the more you leave alive the more likely they will have a stingray or something ridiculous draining the orb at the end.

Like many players, they seem to have no idea how to deal with a brush slapping them in the face.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

theyre literally bots, just splat em all and let cod sort it out lol

https://twitter.com/SmilesHimself/status/1010778870629335040
e: well to be a little more helpful, figuring out their five spawn points, how many spawn each wave (always in twos or threes), where each wave spawns and which weapons they spawn with so you can prioritise your targets (get the brush first) and its one of the easiest challenges in the game. had more trouble with the flappy bird blaster challenge honestly

Smiles fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 20, 2018

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Smiles posted:

theyre literally bots, just splat em all and let cod sort it out lol

https://twitter.com/SmilesHimself/status/1010778870629335040
e: well to be a little more helpful, figuring out their five spawn points, how many spawn each wave (always in twos or threes), where each wave spawns and which weapons they spawn with so you can prioritise your targets (get the brush first) and its one of the easiest challenges in the game. had more trouble with the flappy bird blaster challenge honestly

I'm extremely jealous of your charger abilities, but I walked right through the flappy bird part. It's kind of amazing how everyone has difficulty with different tasks.

I think the level that took the most retries for me was one of the rail grinds. I think my depth perception is bad or something.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Not all of us can be pros like you Smiles :mad:

Thanks for the tips. I almost had it on like my second try with a brella but man they really kick it up at the last seven or so seconds. I didn't realize you could heal the loving thing with your ink though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mak0rz posted:

The enemies on Girl Power Station always come out in the same order and at the same intervals, and there's a limited number so if you're efficient you can kill them all with like 10 seconds left on the clock.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

NofrikinfuN posted:

It's kind of amazing how everyone has difficulty with different tasks.

Reminds me of how people keep saying the White Palace in Hollow Knight is insane but it wasn't challenging for me at all. Meanwhile I found much of the rest of the game bullshit hard.

I'm really bad at combat reflexes :smith:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

raditts posted:

The enemies on Girl Power Station always come out in the same order and at the same intervals, and there's a limited number so if you're efficient you can kill them all with like 10 seconds left on the clock.

I did the octobrush strategy and was able to flop around like an idiot in celebration for the final ten seconds or so, it was very satisfying.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I tried the "cheese it with the brush" method several times and still got my rear end splattered :saddowns:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
You can also snipe the Octolings on the wall with a Charger, but you have to pull off flick kills to kill them that way. Focus the laser on the Octolings themselves too long, and they'll just super jump in early. It'll buy you quite a bit of downtime if you kill them that way, but a few of the Octolings at the end will jump in from out of nowhere.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

I tried the "cheese it with the brush" method several times and still got my rear end splattered :saddowns:

It gets pretty hairy at times, I think I overused ink once and had trouble bouncing back.

Eventually, you get their pattern down and can hunt more efficiently. Definitely don't let a stingray go unanswered though, I think it was the single biggest swing for their side I encountered.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

You can also snipe the Octolings on the wall with a Charger, but you have to pull off flick kills to kill them that way. Focus the laser on the Octolings themselves too long, and they'll just super jump in early. It'll buy you quite a bit of downtime if you kill them that way, but a few of the Octolings at the end will jump in from out of nowhere.

You can also use the vertical flick on the roller to achieve the same effect. In general, the roller is one of the better weapons to do the challenge with. It can one shot enemies, has a surprisingly long reach, can easily claim turf, and can intercept the brushes.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

NofrikinfuN posted:

It gets pretty hairy at times, I think I overused ink once and had trouble bouncing back.

Eventually, you get their pattern down and can hunt more efficiently. Definitely don't let a stingray go unanswered though, I think it was the single biggest swing for their side I encountered.

When I'm using the brush I find the inkjet far more threatening than the stingray, to be honest. The stingray's never been an issue for me at all. As soon as it fires up the user is wide open for a brush slappin'.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I listened to instructions and beat it with my best weapon present: the slosher. I was ok with a splattershot, and poo poo with the rest.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
actual easiest way to kill them is just holding down ZR with a roller and walking over them

they don't stop you from doing it and you don't even need to aim! :)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

IronicDongz posted:

actual easiest way to kill them is just holding down ZR with a roller and walking over them

they don't stop you from doing it and you don't even need to aim! :)

But then I just run out of ink super fast and get swamped. I'm super bad at the squid video game apparently.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Well, you can squid around when you're got a second.

Anyone have tips for using the inkjet? I keep hearing it's good but I have only ever gotten one kill with the thing, it seems super finnicky to hit people with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's hard to aim but it's a OHKO with ridiculous mobility and coverage, you can lock down a third of a map by yourself if you're good at using it, but doing so is just flat out hard to learn, especially since it's a weapon and movement set that you will only use for a few seconds per match

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

It can be practiced in some of the octo expansion levels which is pretty helpful.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The bullets are super slow, so it's all about practicing your aim and leading your shots. Even if you don't get a direct hit, the explosion from the shot can 2 shot people (unless they have even 1 sub of Bomb Defense Up) which adds in a ton of pressure to the playing field. (Where with Inkzooka from Splatoon 1, the shots were fast sure, but if you missed, you missed.) It's pretty much a front liner special, and you really have to get a read on where enemies are going. And at the same time, you can't dive in too deep because you can be an easy kill for some weapons. But the biggest part of getting good with it is just learning how to aim better with it, so practice is needed to turn it into a strong special. Otherwise, you're just food for the enemy team.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I will never get bored of Ark Polaris. This map is so fun!
https://twitter.com/1stLethalGeek/status/1065027911147675649?s=20

I have decided to nickname it Action Park

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://twitter.com/MiniFoo/status/1064771717938073600

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoUKVS/status/1065183205144371200
Busy weekend this side of the pond, what with Splatfests and all.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoUKVS/status/1065183205144371200
Busy weekend this side of the pond, what with Splatfests and all.

What's with the bull?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m British and I have no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m British and I have no idea

Apparently it's a landmark statue in Birmingham and a popular selfie taking spot.