Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Do you like anime? Do you hate the third dimension? Then oh boy are you gonna like Excalibur!

Pick up a chromatic blade augment, get to 150%(iirc, it might also be 180) power strength. Exalted blade and its beams now have 100% status chance. Stuff exalted blade with as much elemental damage and crit stuff as you have lying around, along with a condition overload if you have it (you will really want one if you decide you like Excalibur, not required for lower level stuff). Excalibur himself just needs duration/efficiency once you hit the power strength target, tank range. Steel charge will affect his exalted blade damage, but it’s still better to run corpro and be a good comrade.

Go to a mission, pull out exalted blade, and slide melee for a radial blind, which will multiply the damage you do by 8, then swing your sword and do effectively millions of damage to dudes per swing. Be wary of places that are not 2d straight hallways, you might die. Feel free to shoot sword beams through walls, they work like that too. He will auto parry shots from the front, but not from the sides or back, and that’s why he’s a golden god in 2 dimensions.

Unimportant poo poo for Excalibur includes his 1 giving him invuln frames during the dash so you can be tankier that way if you have to, but that poo poo’s for people who aren’t anime protagonist space ninjas.

Thanks, I was looking for a good build for my scarved up emo pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I very occasionally have my Plains/Orb Vallis archwing controls remove rolling from my controls completely, and the A/D keys strafe just like in non-archwing mode. I have no idea why it happens, and no idea when or why it switches itself back to being able to roll with A/D or circling the mouse around.

:DE: I guess.

Thats why I stopped trying to revert the controls. I lost count of how many times I've turned that off.

FileNotFound posted:

With that said, it would have been unmanageable with just 4 random dudes and it did ultimately fall apart as basically it was just nullifies spawning in packs and we got mobbed by them and died due to being unable to use abilities. Which all in all was a lovely and unfun way to die.

To be fair, I like the bubble spam. I don't know what does it yet, too many new mobs, but something was locking out my abilities, Simaris style, outside of bubbles. That poo poo, was not fun.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

nerdz posted:

Yeah, glass cannons and high risk tactics are completely out in arbitrations, and that's by design. It is currently the one game mode where survivability and good crowd control matter.

It's also a great use of Specters. I was running with ElegantFugue and he had his Nidus spectre up and I threw out a Vauban specter and it made it WAY easier because they both do so much CC and support.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hobold posted:

Thats why I stopped trying to revert the controls. I lost count of how many times I've turned that off.

To be fair, I like the bubble spam. I don't know what does it yet, too many new mobs, but something was locking out my abilities, Simaris style, outside of bubbles. That poo poo, was not fun.

that's just a comba or scrambus. they aren't unique to oov.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Is there a way to just strafe up / down in the archwing? I keep getting stuck on things and trying to jump up over them to hilariously bad effect. In my brief experience so far archwing / submersible missions are all terrible, am I doing it wrong?

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Substandard posted:

Is there a way to just strafe up / down in the archwing? I keep getting stuck on things and trying to jump up over them to hilariously bad effect. In my brief experience so far archwing / submersible missions are all terrible, am I doing it wrong?

Nope it's terrible by design

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You can do a quick vertical spin upward or downward by holding jump or crouch (respectively) and doing a roll (tapping sprint works too)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Substandard posted:

Space and Control, unless you've rebound them in the options.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Magus42 posted:

I thought space did the super turbo forward? Or is that just when I'm also hitting shift?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Magus42 posted:

They work, as long as you're not holding down sprint, but its slow as hell.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's just a comba or scrambus. they aren't unique to oov.

Really? Thats a trip, I've never see/noticed that kind of proc before. Must just be because of how many of those guys get out on the field there.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hobold posted:

They work, as long as you're not holding down sprint, but its slow as hell.

Again I gotta stress because a lot of people don't seem to know: while holding jump/crouch to move up/down, tap your sprint or dedicated roll key to do a fast twirl and accelerate in the direction you're vertically traveling

Edit: this also works with strafing - you do a cool lateral roll, but it a has less practical application

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 20, 2018

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

The Shortest Path posted:

Regarding the endgame content issue, I think Warframe could benefit a lot from shamelessly copying the one good thing WoW has done in the past ~5 years with its Mythic+ dungeons.

A ~10-15 minute long mission that lets you set the difficulty at the start, with no hard cap on how high you can scale it beyond what you're physically capable of finishing, and a weekly leaderboard with rewards based on what the highest one you finished each week is.

It gives the high end minmaxers something to really sink their teeth into, gives the rest of the players some content that can be as challenging as they want it to be, avoids the problem of something with potentially good/great rewards being endlessly farmable by the best players, you don't need to sit through hours of endless missions to get to the hard stuff, etc.

That sounds great. It'd be really nice to have something like that in the game.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Do you like anime? Do you hate the third dimension? Then oh boy are you gonna like Excalibur!

Pick up a chromatic blade augment, get to 150%(iirc, it might also be 180) power strength. Exalted blade and its beams now have 100% status chance. Stuff exalted blade with as much elemental damage and crit stuff as you have lying around, along with a condition overload if you have it (you will really want one if you decide you like Excalibur, not required for lower level stuff). Excalibur himself just needs duration/efficiency once you hit the power strength target, tank range. Steel charge will affect his exalted blade damage, but it’s still better to run corpro and be a good comrade.

Go to a mission, pull out exalted blade, and slide melee for a radial blind, which will multiply the damage you do by 8, then swing your sword and do effectively millions of damage to dudes per swing. Be wary of places that are not 2d straight hallways, you might die. Feel free to shoot sword beams through walls, they work like that too. He will auto parry shots from the front, but not from the sides or back, and that’s why he’s a golden god in 2 dimensions.

Unimportant poo poo for Excalibur includes his 1 giving him invuln frames during the dash so you can be tankier that way if you have to, but that poo poo’s for people who aren’t anime protagonist space ninjas.

that is so freaking anime.

Fruity20 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 20, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

DoombatINC posted:

Again I gotta stress because a lot of people don't seem to know: while holding jump/crouch to move up/down, tap your sprint or dedicated roll key to do a fast twirl and accelerate in the direction you're vertically traveling

Edit: this also works with strafing - you do a cool lateral roll, but it a has less practical application

If you ADS, and dodge roll backwards, it'll also bleed off a lot of your forward momentum. One of the best ways to slow down thats not face planting into something.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like they should do an Archwing 2.0 that is just a complete ripoff of Zone of Enders 2 combat. It would work perfectly for this game.

Ossipago posted:

Starter pack goes half off fairly often on Steam, though I think you have to use your Steam wallet. Third party resellers often stock up during these sales so you can pretty much always find it somewhere around $10. It's good for that price. Just be aware that the plat that comes with it is not tradeable with other players.

Someone on some other site said that the starter pack plat wasn't tradable then someone else said he had the starter pack and it absolutely was tradable. Are you sure? I though the criteria was "if you personally spent your own funds on the plat then it's tradable"

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 20, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the 50 plat you start with on a new account is not tradeable. plat you acquire in any other way should be.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is anyone active in this thread who can handle alliances?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

big nipples big life posted:

Is anyone active in this thread who can handle alliances?

What's the name of the clan?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

the 50 plat you start with on a new account is not tradeable. plat you acquire in any other way should be.

The official literature says you can't trade plat from Twitch giveaways or the Warframe Twitter. So I think the real criteria is "did you or someone else spend money on it".

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Helter Skelter posted:

What's the name of the clan?

San Paro Refugees, just me and a few friends.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Zero VGS posted:

The official literature says you can't trade plat from Twitch giveaways or the Warframe Twitter. So I think the real criteria is "did you or someone else spend money on it".

I traded my plat from some combination of starter plat and a twitch giveaway for a Nekros Prime set a few days ago? :iiam:. My account is real old though, so maybe the plat on it predated whatever restriction there is now. I just didn't play it for the first 5 years.

Substandard fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 20, 2018

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
:haw:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqaL-eZBWFX/

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tennogen stuff doesn't transfer to switch, my endgame is ruined.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Well there goes my interest in switchframe

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It might unlock later once it is out. It's out on the other consoles so I dunno why switch wouldn't get it.

e: thanks for the alliance invite :)

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I just started, I'm MR3, and drat do I want a nekros prime. What're my options besides buying sets off warframe.market for plat?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Hello everybody, I just started a couple of month ago and hit MR5 the other day after way too many hours. I've put in a submission to the goon clan and just want to say thanks for all the resources in this thread. It's been super helpful reading and after 100+ hours mostly running solo it's about time to get into the meta game.

E; https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/1064911246439342081

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tempora Mutantur posted:

I just started, I'm MR3, and drat do I want a nekros prime. What're my options besides buying sets off warframe.market for plat?

Either wait for an unvaulting, or ask around if any goons have Nekros Prime relics and hope people are feeling generous and you get lucky. Possibly more likely than you might think, since goons tend to crack vaulted stuff when in cracking squads with other goons because we must keep these divine treats out of the filthy pubbie hands.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Tempora Mutantur posted:

Nekros Prime requires an insane amount of materials to craft. You should start with Nekros, which is also a long way to go on the star chart and possibly even more annoying to get.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

nerdz posted:

Nekros Prime requires an insane amount of materials to craft. You should start with Nekros, which is also a long way to go on the star chart and possibly even more annoying to get.

This too, I got Nekros Prime myself recently (3 parts from random goon relics, the other part from the market) and my MR17 rear end still had to do a whole bunch of polymer and plastid farming. Fortunately I had regular Nekros to do it with.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you are just starting, you might not be aware that nekros is totally not a pet class. shadows of the dead creates minions, yes, but their stats are unchanged and they are completely incapable of killing anything, ever. the real use for shadows is the augment that lets you offload the damage you take on to them. without the augment they mostly just exist to be annoying.

nekros is insanely useful and everyone should get one eventually, but he is useful because of desecrate, which helps enormously while farming resources.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Tempora Mutantur posted:

Vaulted relics and uhh yeah...

The fact that once an item is vaulted, it's hard to get, is what makes the warframe market work.

Nekros prime is cool and all but I dunno if I'd want one at MR3. I can help you get regular Nekros and really he's good enough for what you'd use nekros prime for anyway.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Nessus posted:

Folks I've popped a cyst on my warframe's neck and used the juice to grow some kind of a bug dog. Please advise best course of action, over.

Its name is Lulabelle.

Pair it with Inaros and slot a maxed Link Health...Profit.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Neither does Ignis Wraith, the gun or the blueprint.

Rockbear
Sep 11, 2001

Milady, 'tis the clobbering hour.
If anyone is trying out Warframe on the switch and wants a lovely clan of cool dudes to play with, we just started "The Solar Whales". Message me in-game (Rockbear) for an invite, or even better, join our discord ( https://discord.gg/JAxXeEc ) and ask for an invite in our Warframe channel.

We also have more experienced PC and console players who hang in the discord channel and are happy to answer questions and provide general guidance.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

Neither does Ignis Wraith, the gun or the blueprint.

*throws switch out the window*

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm now bringing corpro

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

if you are just starting, you might not be aware that nekros is totally not a pet class. shadows of the dead creates minions, yes, but their stats are unchanged and they are completely incapable of killing anything, ever. the real use for shadows is the augment that lets you offload the damage you take on to them. without the augment they mostly just exist to be annoying.

nekros is insanely useful and everyone should get one eventually, but he is useful because of desecrate, which helps enormously while farming resources.

Yeah, I've seen a few people start playing the game, get obsessed about some out of reach self appointed goal and burn out/complain about how grindy the game is. This dude I know fell in love at first sight with atlas and made the point of the game to get him, but there's just so much stuff you gotta do before getting him.

Get everything you can when you can. Gotta accept that some stuff like prime frames aren't even a priority until a bit later on and non prime frames are practically the same thing and perfectly usable. I love how basically all my favorite frames and weapons happened by chance while I was leveling them, expecting to be mastery fodder.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I had a giant man crush on the Nekros, and being a sane rational adult, dropped some cash for Plat with a 25% off code
0 regrets for getting the Nekros but the is a farming frame through and through.
He hasn't seen much playtime recently and the Hydroid has some similiar farming viability but also has a walking howitzer ability for his 1. Love that ability!!!
Tentacles and howitzer....winning at life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty stunned they left the game as Mature rated on Switch. It's a free download so I think that means kids can just get it without a credit card or anything, which I'm surprised Nintendo was OK with.

On top of that I usually love gore but it's so out of place and lazy in this game. There's like no adult themes, and no blood or gore at all until you gib someone and then it looks like that ridiculous UT '99 or Deus Ex 1 kind of low poly red textured body parts. If it was done like Doom glory kills then I'd understand wanting to keep it.

The only truly shocking thing I've dealt with in this game so far was when the cyst started growing and I had to get it removed, what a random mindfuck.

Edit:

I assume the Switch port is a 100% different account? No characters/plat or anything else carries over from PC?