Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bape Culture posted:

Sad and cold after my trip so bought some poo poo.

Coat

Sneaks

Watch

Should be in around Feb but I’m absolutely delighted that my dealer came through for me

Can you link the coat and model of the first pair of nikes?

Also I didn’t know you could get AF1 boots like that and I like them. Very good shoe post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Rolo posted:

Can you link the coat and model of the first pair of nikes?

Also I didn’t know you could get AF1 boots like that and I like them. Very good shoe post.

All Saints Bretley. Sold out a while ago I’ve been looking for one for 18 months. Over the moon to have got it in my size. It’s the nicest coat I’ve ever seen.

First pair are Diamond SBs. I have the original teal pair from like 15 years ago and knew I needed these. Still on the look out for the whites. Sold out in like 5 seconds so you need eBay/groups/flightclub/stockx https://www.flightclub.com/nike-sb-dunk-low-pro-og-qs-black-chrome-black-805708?size=10

Realised I posted the wrong colour of af1s. I have the “rattan” pair which is like cream. Love them.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

With the AF1s how far up your calves do they go? Do you tuck pants in or put them over? I like them but I'm not sure I'd like them on me, with my torn up jeans and tshirts. BUT THEY FILL A NICHE I NEED FILLED!!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

black.lion posted:

With the AF1s how far up your calves do they go? Do you tuck pants in or put them over? I like them but I'm not sure I'd like them on me, with my torn up jeans and tshirts. BUT THEY FILL A NICHE I NEED FILLED!!!

In my experience, if they're anything like wearing cowboy boots, you keep your pants over them unless you want them visible for either a fashion statement or to provide additional protection from the weather or brush.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I have never not once not tucked my pants into cowboy boots, and I wore them a lot in elementary school. I think I'd probably tuck my pants into these too, but I can't tell if I'd look like a rich ninja or an electrician with corrective footwear. The latter is the aesthetic I'm going for.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

8” I think.

Tuck yer pants in for sure ya absolute reprobates.

Gimme that lunarcore x gothninja mash up this winter

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

black.lion posted:

I have never not once not tucked my pants into cowboy boots

:crossarms:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

black.lion posted:

I can't tell if I'd look like a rich ninja or an electrician with corrective footwear. The latter is the aesthetic I'm going for.

Little bit from column A, little bit from column B

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

California is basically perpetually on fire these days and I got tired of strapping furnace filters to a box fan.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Desert Boots good. Beeswax desert boots extra good.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Wearing mine this week, going on 5 years I think. Just oiled them with some coconut oil and they look fresh.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Picked up a copy of Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! and it's the cutest thing :3:

I'm also desperately trying to talk my husband out of buying a PSVR for Black Friday because I've already bought it for him for Christmas but I don't want to outright say "I already bought this" and spoil the surprise :saddowns:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I bought this watch for 40 bucks at a pawn shop for my Ricky from Trailer Park Boys Halloween costume. https://imgur.com/gallery/9e5nzyI

Did some research, capacitor still ok, but only lasts a couple days without wearing, and according to the jeweler I took it to, all the other usual fail factors are perfect.

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Nov 20, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bape Culture posted:

Watch

Should be in around Feb but I’m absolutely delighted that my dealer came through for me

Huh! You know, I always assumed Rolexes were like $LOL money, but google is saying this is like a ~$5,700 watch? Is that accurate, or is like how a Dodge Demon is $87,000 but you'll never find one under $150,000?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

~$12,500 retail more like $22k to actually buy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Rolexes are expensive but generally something many people could buy if they really wanted to. There's poo poo deep into six figures if though like these Lange & Sohne

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bape Culture posted:

~$12,500 retail more like $22k to actually buy

That's more what I would've guessed, from their marketing. What line of work are you in, dude?! Monopoly Man your grandpa?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Do you come from family money or what?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Who needs a watch when you can just look at the time on your phone :raise:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It's more fun to collect luxury items than phone LCDs! Some people say Rolex's go up in value over time, but I imagine that's more of an appraisal/insurance scheme than a sign of a bustling secondary market for used Rolex's.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A guy I worked with was a comedian in the 80s (toured with Jeff Foxworthy and all them) and had an extensive watch collection. As he said when you are on stage holding a mic that is the focal point so a nice watch goes along way as an accessory.

In other words...its man jewelry.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I like the idea of a nice watch in theory but in practice I would probably just be scared of losing it, breaking it or getting mugged, plus I'm pretty used to my Apple Watch anyway. Still, my dad's cousin works for Rolex (the grown-up "uncle at Nintendo"?) and after a tour of their workshop in Dallas I was really impressed by the amount of craftmanship and care that goes into those things.

My recent purchases have mostly been to do with our first house, so nothing particularly exciting. Today I bought some masking tape, light bulbs and a fireproof security box!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
E: on second thought, came off more forward than I meant to.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Nov 21, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Did you guys miss the month long stay at the $130k/week resort?!

The watch was an "idle clicking on Amazon" moment for this guy.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Come on guys, it's an impolite question.

Yes, he has money, but he's not a dick about it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Rolexes are expensive but generally something many people could buy if they really wanted to. There's poo poo deep into six figures if though like these Lange & Sohne

Lange and Sohne make some incredibly beautiful things. But my style has always been more ugly and crazy so my current favorite dream watch is the Girard-Perregaux Constant Escapement.

If you're a fan over overly complex engineering and horrible webdesign, then that link is for you.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

spog posted:

Come on guys, it's an impolite question.

Yes, he has money, but he's not a dick about it.

It's not impolite to ask someone what their profession is. It's a core component of your identity and it's the answer to the incredibly existential question "What do you do?"

Bottom Liner posted:

Do you come from family money or what?

This is impolite though, lol.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That’s the beauty of it.

I don’t do anything!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sorry I didn’t :decorum: hard enough to the bougie dude on SA

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Oneiros posted:

I got tired of strapping furnace filters to a box fan.

:crossarms: that....sounds like a good idea though. I pretty much always have my balcony door open with a fan cause lol no air, so it gets pretty dirty inside.

Link?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
You, just, strap a furnace filter to a box fan. 20x20 for a standard box fan. Go hog wild.

Also fans are better at pushing air than pulling, so I've read it should go on the output of the fan.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a core component of your identity

No, it’s not. Unless you’re a public figure or notorious criminal.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

OniPanda posted:

:crossarms: that....sounds like a good idea though. I pretty much always have my balcony door open with a fan cause lol no air, so it gets pretty dirty inside.

Link?

If you use duck (duct) tape you can seal up the edges real good between the filter and the fan as well. Also a fan may be better at blowing but if you don't want the inside of your fan to get all gunked up then put the filter on the suction side. That's what I do. Also look for a fan that has controls on the top of the fan so you have flexibility of which side of the fan to put the filter one. If the controls are on the back then you end up covering them with the filter if you go filter on the suction side.

Here's a video if you want a visual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH5APw_SLUU

Coredump has a new favorite as of 04:42 on Nov 21, 2018

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I just played Job Simulator on PSVR for like 30 minutes and it's loving me up that I have to come back to my apartment.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like to think Bape is a goon who won one of those mega lottos and is slyly rubbing it in our faces and I’m ok with that.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

forums poster Bape Culture draws pictures of cars for a living, iirc.

I bought a blutooth speaker

and a copy of cowboy simulator 2018

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

New boots for when I go to Humboldt Redwoods State Park after Thanksgiving.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah I design cars on a consultancy basis for large oems. My dad is a steel worker and thinks I’m an idiot. I don’t have family money and I’m not rich I just try to enjoy myself and am not hugely frightened about putting cash into generally appreciating assets. I had a stroke a few years ago and open heart surgery and figure I probably won’t live that long so gently caress it. Curious what Rolos post said now haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I for one enjoy your posts, Bape Culture. It's like a forums version of Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous.

I'm really fascinated with your car design profession. I met some industrial designers in art school and the poo poo they came up with for class projects was really neat..